User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Sep 2003, 14:24   #1
GenChaos

GenChaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Beware of self exiles

You can wind up back in your own galaxy. There is no protection in the formula. I wound up back in my own galaxy after spending 6 million in resources and taking a rank drop of 800 planets.

I have spammed all support people, direct mailed all creators using all sources possible, and they couldn't care less that it destroyed my round, basically. All I wanted was my res back so I could exile again, but they aren't interested. Too busy solving major problems like making the passport integrated with the login for a game that obviously died. Hello? 2k players?

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE FRIKKIN PASSPORT. FIX THE PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME AND FOR GOD'S SAKE GET RID OF THE 1-TICK ATTACK AND DEF, it's the main reason less than 800 people will finish playing this round, and there will be no next round.
GenChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 18:25   #2
Zeus
True Gamer

Zeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the roughZeus is a jewel in the rough
You forgot the /end rant bit on the end of that post there
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 18:45   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Beware of self exiles

Quote:
Originally posted by GenChaos
NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE FRIKKIN PASSPORT. FIX THE PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME
The Passport and Game are worked by entirely different people.

However, I can understand your problem and will bring it up with Spinner asap.
Unread 28 Sep 2003, 20:01   #4
Twist
A Pro without Mercy

Twist is an unknown quantity at this point
as spinner does not listen

it needs a "Il Capitano" to talk to the one with the god complex.
R7: 27:15:10 Jack Cartright of The Chantry Rank 95
R8: 31:10:2 TheRealDuke of The Bladerunner Rank 186
R9: 43:10:5 Galliard of Glasswalker Rank 556 at the time I did still care
R9.5 28:4:2 Ahroun of Get of Fenris Rank 67
Delenda est PAX !
Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 02:25   #5
GenChaos

Thanks, Leshy.

But I saved up enough resources to try again, since I still have no help from the creators or crew, and of course I wound up this time in the newest gal, which instantly was under attack from courageous and valiant members of Wolfpack, Eclipse, IPC and more, who smell noob and exile blood. 3500 ships coming in spaced one tick apart each of 6 fleets. Pretty well coordinated for people who aren't in the same power blocks. I imagine that is one of the winning strategies, just hit every new gal every night and strip it clean. Very sporting and encouraging of new players for the game, too.

<rant>

So by tomorrow I will have 0 roids, next to 0 income, and no way to exile again. Guess I will become a scan planet lol. Maybe I can still be planet #1 with 3 roids if they haven't really fixed all those bugs yet.

It sure would seem like an easy and fundamental thing to make it so a planet couldn't exile back into the gal it started from.

Can I have my money back mister, can I please?

</rant>

Nice to hear from you Zeus, didn't know you were still around. You always did get things done. Respect!

Last edited by GenChaos; 29 Sep 2003 at 03:10.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 11:28   #6
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Biusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thanks, Leshy.
-lots of text-
Ey GenChaos, haven't seen you for a while...
Too bad stuff like this happens to you
And you are right about that. PA is dying if it's going to be like this...
Hopefully they'll your planet, otherwise its fked up...

See ya around,
Biusa
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:13   #7
GenChaos

Thanks m8

Good to see you are playing and doing well.

After 4 exiles and 8.2 million resources, 1200 ships, 160 roids lost I finally didn't end in a dead gal.

Can you say scan planet? Hehe.

Handled 7700 incoming last night, I really pity anybody in those new gals. It would be nice if the wimps and vultures in Pax would let the new gals alone for a day or two, let them learn the game or recover from exile. But that would be a sporting thing to do... and not everybody is sporting. I had inc within 2 hours of landing there. Come on people, attack with honor someplace instead of watching for noobs and exiles who just lost their shirts escaping dead gals.

There were many new players there who had just paid and of course when they saw 32 incoming fleets on a gal with 800 roids they wondered why they would want to face that every night. This is how we lose the new players. Maybe.... newly formed galaxies could get two-three days protection, like new planets? Might help ensure that some would stay in the game more than 24 hours.

Unread 29 Sep 2003, 15:57   #8
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Thanks, Leshy.

But I saved up enough resources to try again, since I still have no help from the creators or crew, and of course I wound up this time in the newest gal, which instantly was under attack from courageous and valiant members of Wolfpack, Eclipse, IPC and more, who smell noob and exile blood. 3500 ships coming in spaced one tick apart each of 6 fleets. Pretty well coordinated for people who aren't in the same power blocks. I imagine that is one of the winning strategies, just hit every new gal every night and strip it clean. Very sporting and encouraging of new players for the game, too.
Uhm... I feel like getting insulted how you put that. Im in a quite doo doo galaxy myself this round. we have 2-3 waves on us each night. Just now one in my galaxy had 5 waves on him. Last night we had some visitors from eclipse, virus and some stray dragons.
Its marvellous how this round have end up so early. It will only get worse and that quite fast. Not really much of a fesible future playing this game with so few players and the so called "political" situation created by the players as well. Face it, to even remotely salvage this round would be to open up for freebies because without more players there is no point in playing. With just some 200 galaxies what is the bloody use in that.
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 16:06   #9
GenChaos

Amen, well said.

Didn't mean to offend people in your position. Just saying that the new gals need more protection or they are wiped out upon formation.

The game needs players, but people can play for two weeks free and few are coming in. The 1-tick battle situation keeps most players who have school and work schedules from being able to compete, at least, that is the reason we saw 70% of our people drop out from last round after playing the beta.

The other new additions are fun, just few people can deal with the eta thing and constant surveillance. You can't get gal defense because whole gals are hit at once, and you can't get cluster def because there is no eta advantage. And only one tick to defend from outside.

It's just too hard for anybody who isn't making it a career.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 17:13   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Talked with Spinner.

You didn't exile into your own galaxy directly, but exiled yourself from various galaxies, to finally end back into one you had exiled from previously. So self-exiling isn't really horribly bugged, but there is a very minor chance that if you keep self-exiling you end up in a galaxy you exiled from previously.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 18:55   #11
GenChaos

Yes, as I wrote to Spinner, I exiled into a dead gal, then same tick exiled again, to wind up back in my own gal. I told him (and other creators and crew) the whole story.

I assumed, as most players do, that it was not possible to wind up back in the same gal on the same tick. Surely there should be a line of code that uses a variable progression like "oldgal=oldcoords(x); x=nottarget; generate random coords from open planets, if newgal=nottarget then generate random coords from open planets", essentially. Whatever language they use, the logical argument shouldn't be hard to do, in order to prevent repeat exiles from ever going back where they started.

Just a humble (haha) suggestion to keep from obliterating somebody's round, like mine was.

All I really asked, if he wouldn't directly place me somewhere decent, was to get one exile worth of resources back for having landing in my old gal; I thought that was fair.... then I could try again.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 19:04   #12
Kalle
still Ensign??

Kalle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Talked with Spinner.
..bla bla...
lemme guess, he´s way too busy to post on these boards?
:eek:
Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 19:18   #13
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
Would seem reasonable that the top cluster is always under protection, or certainly for about 2 weeks after it was created. Dunno maybe more thought should go into that plan but something should be done. Personally I've never hit the highest clusters, shame more people can't behave in such a civilised manner.

Personally I find the 1 tick attacks are easier. You don't need to be online than before cos you always needed to notice at the first tick to get any defence. I've kind of accepted I will lose roids this round but it's only 20% per wave instead of 40%. In a normal galaxy it doens't seem to be that bad. It's also a lot easier to catch up and the big guys aren't pulling ahead nearly as much as in earlier rounds.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 19:29   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalle
lemme guess, he´s way too busy to post on these boards?
:eek:
Spinner frequently posts on these forums. In this particular case I had a talk with Spinner about the situation and wanted to clarify that there isn't a bug whereby an exile places you directly back into your own galaxy.

As for keeping a log of exiles - I reckon that it would be much more hassle than it's worth keeping a log for every planet that self-exiles (often multiple times) with all the previous galaxies they've been in.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 19:31   #15
Kalle
still Ensign??

Kalle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Spinner frequently posts on these forums.
etc.
aha... something important?
Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 20:17   #16
GenChaos

Quote:
As for keeping a log of exiles - I reckon that it would be much more hassle than it's worth keeping a log for every planet that self-exiles (often multiple times) with all the previous galaxies they've been in.
It's two lines of code in most languages. Show me the module and I can have it written for you. It's called finishing off the product. This sort of thing should have been written into the original spec.

Obv many people will do multiple exiles after saving enough resources for more than one exile, since spending even 18 hours in a dead or new gal can strip you of every roid you have. (I had 11 fleets on me within six hours of exile, timed over 6 ticks, 7700 ships). Ouch. Very sporting.

Most people do save for two exiles, then if they land in a "trap" where they will be stripped, they can bounce quickly into another location without exposing themselves while they wait 24 hours or more to save up 3 million more in res. If you don't save for two exiles, you prob have a 50/50 chance of being dead within 24 hours m8.

I personally know two planets that saved enuff res for multiple jumps in one tick, as I did. Luckily for them they didn't wind up back where they started; I did.

What is really amazing about PA, and has always been amazing, is that nothing that goes wrong is ever actually a mistake or prob to be fixed, it is always the player's fault. Tell me again I guess why it is my fault that I wound up back in the same place, dirt poor, and not because you folks didn't put a simple safeguard in the code. Obv I am to blame for thinking I wouldn't wind up back home if I exiled twice, it's so logical and unavoidable....
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 20:24   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Tell me again I guess why it is my fault that I wound up back in the same place, dirt poor, and not because you folks didn't put a simple safeguard in the code.
First of all, I didn't say it was your fault, I merely pointed out that there isn't an exile-directly-into-the-galaxy-you're-already-in bug present, as that's the impression I got from this thread - my apologies for misunderstanding

Secondly, I'm not one of the coders of PA, I'm just a forum moderator. I don't know how easy/hard it would be to keep a list of previous coords for all planets to prevent a situation similar to yours happening.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 20:27   #18
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd say it's pretty easy to keep a list of old coords and keep you out of those gals. A simpler and potentially better solution could be to keep a list of your last 5 clusters. Then you can automatically exclude being dumped in that cluster again for 5 exiles. That counts out your old gal and will mean self exiles don't get stuck in the outside clusters.

Bottom line is everyone does pay the same to play this game and while some gals are better than others even the best player has no chance in the newest cluster.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 02:11   #19
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I wound up this time in the newest gal, which instantly was under attack from courageous and valiant members of Wolfpack, Eclipse, IPC and more, who smell noob and exile blood. 3500 ships coming in spaced one tick apart each of 6 fleets. Pretty well coordinated for people who aren't in the same power blocks. I imagine that is one of the winning strategies, just hit every new gal every night and strip it clean. Very sporting and encouraging of new players for the game, too.
Oi, the Ecl-WP-IPC block (EWI) has been exposed!

EWI was formed because we realized the winningest strategy of the round would be to block together and send 6 waves per night on the newest c20+ gals.

As no one else in the universe had thought to attack in the newer end of the universe, we realized it would take massive organization and dedication to properly strip those gals clean! And thank goodness, it seems to be working!
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 02:46   #20
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
I'd say it's pretty easy to keep a list of old coords and keep you out of those gals. A simpler and potentially better solution could be to keep a list of your last 5 clusters. Then you can automatically exclude being dumped in that cluster again for 5 exiles. That counts out your old gal and will mean self exiles don't get stuck in the outside clusters.
Yeah. Why should the new players have to share the fun?

Allowing self-exiles to avoid the newbie ghettos might make their game experience a bit better, but it does nothing to eliminate the real problem--which is the newbie ghettos themselves.
Quote:
Bottom line is everyone does pay the same to play this game and while some gals are better than others even the best player has no chance in the newest cluster.
Q: If the best player has no chance in the newest cluster, then what chance does a new player have?
A: Less than no chance, because the new player probably won't know/care to hang around long enough to exile themselves and at least try for a better galaxy.

<insert usual observation about how PA can't seem to attract/keep new players here>
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 06:59   #21
Yan-Je

Yan-Je is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Most people do save for two exiles, then if they land in a "trap" where they will be stripped, they can bounce quickly into another location without exposing themselves while they wait 24 hours or more to save up 3 million more in res. If you don't save for two exiles, you prob have a 50/50 chance of being dead within 24 hours m8.

I personally know two planets that saved enuff res for multiple jumps in one tick, as I did. Luckily for them they didn't wind up back where they started; I did.
Well, then you guys are oviously wasting more resourse than you need to. You see, if you exiled, u'd waste quite alot of resourse and therefore alot of value. If you could just wait another tick for the value to update to exile again, i betcha it'd be much cheaper. why would u exile twice on the same tick for?
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 07:33   #22
GenChaos

Quote:
Well, then you guys are oviously wasting more resourse than you need to. You see, if you exiled, u'd waste quite alot of resourse and therefore alot of value. If you could just wait another tick for the value to update to exile again, i betcha it'd be much cheaper. why would u exile twice on the same tick for?
Well, take your choice here:

1. I am stupid (Parthos goes for this one) or:

2. I am not stupid. I had been watching for three days. Typically, exile openings in low-cluster gals closed by the next tick if in the early morning (longer if late afternoon). Spinner batches approvals in the morning ya know, and that affects things.

So I jumped when there were only 2 openings in good gals figuring i couldn't lose because I could jump twice f I landed in the new-forming gal. It was early morning, so if Spinner batched and those openings closed that tick, I was doomed. So when I landed in the new-forming gal, I spent the extra res to jump again for what I assumed was the only possibility, one of the good gals... not expecting that there would be no protection against going right back where I started, 6 mil res wasted.

I suppose I could have instead waited another few days 24/7 watching the gal openings, (I don't need sleep, I just roam the streets occasional committing mass murders and twitching uncontrollably from sleep deprivation) but the covert ops people had discovered I was holding 6 mil res and they were passing the word around; I was getting hit as fast as I was earning res, so it was go then or spend the res.

---

As for protecting new gals, note that some games out there protect new gals/houses/whatever for up to a week. This gives noobs a true chance to survive and get addicted rather than gang-banged. Right now, Pax makes a new gal and it is open to destruction next tick.

Last edited by GenChaos; 30 Sep 2003 at 07:42.
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 11:59   #23
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

...I had been watching for three days. Typically, exile openings in low-cluster gals closed by the next tick if in the early morning (longer if late afternoon). Spinner batches approvals in the morning ya know, and that affects things.

So I jumped when there were only 2 openings in good gals figuring i couldn't lose because I could jump twice f I landed in the new-forming gal. It was early morning, so if Spinner batched and those openings closed that tick, I was doomed. So when I landed in the new-forming gal, I spent the extra res to jump again for what I assumed was the only possibility, one of the good gals... not expecting that there would be no protection against going right back where I started, 6 mil res wasted.

I suppose I could have instead waited another few days 24/7 watching the gal openings, (I don't need sleep, I just roam the streets occasional committing mass murders and twitching uncontrollably from sleep deprivation) but the covert ops people had discovered I was holding 6 mil res and they were passing the word around; I was getting hit as fast as I was earning res, so it was go then or spend the res.

---
As for protecting new gals, note that some games out there protect new gals/houses/whatever for up to a week. This gives noobs a true chance to survive and get addicted rather than gang-banged. Right now, Pax makes a new gal and it is open to destruction next tick.
Frankly your explanation of what you did makes it a lot clearer why we should not have any pity with you wahtsoever. You thought you had dicovered a loophole to get into a good gal by exiling. You didn't get there cause your plan was flawed. You blame spinner for the flaws in your plan. You deliberatly took a chance on exiling when you knew that only few spaces where you could land. You just thought your old spot was save which it wasn't (and never was at this happened to a m8 of mine in r7 as well). It really amuses me that you tried to take advantage of the game sitation at a certain time and then complain when it doesn't work as you thought it would.

I do pity all those in low clusters but those planning strategic exiles and failing ...

As for your suggestion of giving the new gals protection for a week that seems over the top. I would rather give new clusters extended ETA's for incomings (normal for outgoings). For instance when creating a new cluster give them maximal 7 ETA ticks extra on incomings. Than diminish that by a tick every day. Even a fast ETA 8 in universe fleet would then take 30 hours for a return trip. Not a good option for a regular player.

So something like:

new ETA = normal ETA + (7 - days the defending cluster exist) + (7 - days that the attacking cluster exists)
with both daycounts maxed at 7 also off course.

Such a method would gradually increase the possibility off incomings. It would also allow competition between newly formed clusters still.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 17:25   #24
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve
wow someone is stupid gen choas (wait did i say that? i was thinking it but didn't mean to say it.) First off they fixed the self exile (read teh MOTD some time) And why would they give you your resources back they would have to give everyones back they did that and then they would have to figure out how much you spent and then see to make sure you did actually exile back into the same gal. How about they fix problems and not worry about you?

Hello? 2k players? <-- exactly 2k more important people than you.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE FRIKKIN PASSPORT. FIX THE PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME AND FOR GOD'S SAKE GET RID OF THE 1-TICK ATTACK AND DEF, it's the main reason less than 800 people will finish playing this round, and there will be no next round.

First off the passport coders and game coders are 2 different groups of people so the people who actually code the passport would never actually code the game. Second the 1 tick attack a def is something new if they made everyones changes it would be old pa AND ITS NOT. Where did you get 800 from? out of your sodomized ass i supose. THERE WILL BE NO NEXT ROUND for how many rounds have we heard this?

[RANT]I wish stupid people would die, i wish all the complainers would stop complaining about stupid things, i wish people would get a clue, i wish people could be mature i wish alot of things that aren't going to happen but what we can do is start a new board for the ranting complainers so we don't have read about it all the time people always complain not everyone is always happy but they don't have to be rude about it they don't need to rant about it and they need to stop thinking they are special and because they think some god awful injustice has happened to them that they will get what ever they want, and they won't so get over it.[/RANT]

Well thats enough for this post.
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 18:57   #25
GenChaos

Yeah, that was a good post.

Please note I contacted every creator and crew I could find and politely (yes it's true) told them I wound up back where I started and could they help me) and only after 2 days of no answers and ignored pms and hanging in #support did I get pissy. If even one person had said, message received, let me look into it, I would have been happy to wait.

I wouldn't have been adverse to landing in a new gal if they weren't always raped the moment you got there... then I wouldn't have had to aim for a good low cluster gal. Was I trying to "take advantage of the game" or avoiding instant destruction because you guys forgot to put any protection in for new gals... or didn't think they needed it? Would you like to spend 24 hours in the newest gal? Try it. It will take me another 8 days at this rate to be back where I started with roids and points, and that was with getting over 7k defense that night.

Glad to hear the exile bug was fixed, now if you can do something to protect the new gals that are forming it would maybe help keep new people and exiles in the game more than 24 ticks or however long it takes to strip their roids to where it isn't worth attacking them.

Last edited by GenChaos; 30 Sep 2003 at 19:07.
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 20:07   #26
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
In response to your accusations of Eclipse deliberately targetting the smaller galaxies for "easy roids":

Eclipse do not target smaller galaxies for easy roids. We target galaxies tactically, based on the alliances inside it. Most of our members cannot hit smallish planets anyway, why would we want to? Don't blame us for a coordinated attack.

PS: Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. Hope it gets resolved soon.
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 20:52   #27
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Beware of theese!

troll troll troll troll troll troll troll

Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll Troll

THey are exiling themselves among the universe RIGHT now!!

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 20:54   #28
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
Oh, and this one, the most dangerous one!

:badger:

What can I say, im tired of the bananas!!

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 22:47   #29
King
Here and Not Here

King can only hope to improve
Quote:
Yeah, that was a good post.

Please note I contacted every creator and crew I could find and politely (yes it's true) told them I wound up back where I started and could they help me) and only after 2 days of no answers and ignored pms and hanging in #support did I get pissy. If even one person had said, message received, let me look into it, I would have been happy to wait.

I wouldn't have been adverse to landing in a new gal if they weren't always raped the moment you got there... then I wouldn't have had to aim for a good low cluster gal. Was I trying to "take advantage of the game" or avoiding instant destruction because you guys forgot to put any protection in for new gals... or didn't think they needed it? Would you like to spend 24 hours in the newest gal? Try it. It will take me another 8 days at this rate to be back where I started with roids and points, and that was with getting over 7k defense that night.

Glad to hear the exile bug was fixed, now if you can do something to protect the new gals that are forming it would maybe help keep new people and exiles in the game more than 24 ticks or however long it takes to strip their roids to where it isn't worth attacking them.

First let me appologize for being so rude in my first post i could have been kinder in the way i worded it. New planets are protected for 72 hours not much good attacking a gal where only one person can be attacked. But exile is something that was added as a feature to make players happier it doesn't promise what gal you end up in, its totaly random (as of now) and you take that risk like every other round. New gals are protected by most new gals have new players which are protected for 72 ticks. I hope this is more understandable.
King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:58   #30
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of
just "do a gerbie"
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 00:18   #31
GenChaos

Thanks, King... I just still think exiles and newly paid planets being relocated in the new-forming gals need a couple days to elect officers, make IRC channels, have a chance to pull themselves together before they get raped. Even 48 hour protection would help. The comments I read on the forums in that new gal were from players who just paid, got relocated, then instantly lost everything they had. It wasn't pretty, and they were not enticed to continue playing.

Tomkat--

I definitely did not accuse Eclipse in particular m8, I made the comment that among the 11 fleets and 7500 ships that attacked me before I could transfer out were identified WP, IPC, Eclipse and other major ally planets. That's a fact. It was also odd that they were perfectly spaced in waves... since obv these people aren't in any BG. Guess they had newsies.

Yeah it is sad that anybody in a major alliance isn't doing battles with some honor instead of noob and exile raping, don't you think? But just because one was an Eclipse member does not mean I am dissing Eclipse in general. Obv that is not their policy, it is the policy of those members who were doing it, and I was slamming the individuals.
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 07:06   #32
SystemShock

SystemShock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by King
The first time
Dumbass making the same points people have already made earlier. Btw every player is as important as the next one. Now go learn some manners before you post again. Ta.

Quote:
Originally posted by King
The second time
Get a clue of what GenChaos is suggesting before you post. Ta.

<Kjeldoran> and I'm a prick
^^ Always thought it was true. :/

Outcast,
Eclipse.
SystemShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 07:19   #33
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
In response to your accusations of Eclipse deliberately targetting the smaller galaxies for "easy roids":

Eclipse do not target smaller galaxies for easy roids. We target galaxies tactically, based on the alliances inside it. Most of our members cannot hit smallish planets anyway, why would we want to? Don't blame us for a coordinated attack.
Yeah right, tell that to those eclipse members sending 2-3 fleets on me quite often. (and yes I am big enough to get attacked by them)

Its not easy to be in a ****ty galaxy in a low cluster and members from ALL of the major alliances has attacked me with 2-3 fleets. Some of them even attacks me just to destroy my constructions. How lame is that on a small planet in c21.