User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 21 Jan 2011, 18:58   #1
prestel

prestel is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Desse

I used to play this game for far too many rounds. On Monday I started to read the forums and was surprised to see so many names around that I remember from the old days. So in a fit of nostalgia i Contacted Desse to see if he would be interested in playing another around. Un fortunately, I was really shocked to receive the following from his wife. I have spoken to her and she has said this is fine to post the following information.

Hello Neil I hope I have reached the right person .
I am sorry to have to tell you that Jørgen passed away this tuesday.

I have had contact with Roy White (who has contact to Ben Tucker also) over Facebook , I have passed on your email adress to him , I know not who else to reach since I do not know your real names or even internet-ID .
I have written a letter to Roy this morning , and want to copy paste it here for you....Here goes :

""""Hello Roy

First off my apologies for any typos - you know how it is when you can't concentrate, I hope the meaning shines through anyway.

I am glad that I could reach you , since this is one of the only things I can do - try to reach out to as many as possible , even if it is terrible news to share , it is important to me in this time that he is being remembered as he was and if people want to attend the funeral this is still the time to tell them when and how.

He was ill the past weeks , since new year , it started with the usual nose and throath irritations and evolved into a pneumonia (supposedly). He was at home and going throught 2 cycles of penicillin , stronger each time, and monday he called the doctor again to check what could be done now since the last batch didn't have to wanted effect. He got some meds with the message that he should be omitted to hospital if these didnt work , either way he should just prepare for hospital.

Tuesday evening he was in the basement having worked from his office laptop and just relaxing with some casual gaming. I was in the living room and heard he went to the toilet to pee, he starts to cough while he urinates , suddenly stops mid-cough and then I hear I a crash.
What follows now is painfully detailed for me and also very much a blur at the same time. All I can say is that he stopped breathing in my arms the same moments the first ambulance man came down the stairs. So it was quick , he did not suffer much.
In all the chaos that is now his brother Lars (Toft) who is also here on facebook , is a very big help. My daughter and I are seeing a counselor / psychologist ... I don't know much else these days , and well whatever happens we have people around us to aid or help and everyone is very helpfull.
Lars and I went past Jørgens job yesterday and they were equally shocked and we had a good talk with them - again the memory you also share of him being a strong insightful person etc shines through. I think this is also why I reach out, to remember him with someone and honour this memory.

I have turned off his computer but thank god know his password for facebook as you can see , I know he has many people on msn , also I have his phone filled with his msn and email also (contact lists) and here I can see ***********@hotmail.com as probably being Neil/prestel
I will copy paste this message to his email and say he can contact me over mail or find contact with you here - I would ask of you to please copy paste this message to Ben and please pass along to all you know who knew Jørgen or ask Ben to do the same.
Sorry now for using any words that are not apropiate but I know little of church rituals with english words - He asked to be cremated , so the church service will be at our local church Lillerød Kirke , here in Allerød on wednesday the 26th of january 2011 , at 11 o'clock. It is not important for any of you to show up , I just write the details so you will know when it happens, the undertaker said 14 days will pass until we go to the cemetary and do the ceremony when his urn is being put in the ground, I do not know anything further about this date but will post the details on his and my facebook wall again when I do

I will try to do the best to check my mail regulary , I will probably contact the facebook staff to freeze his account in a week or two , all else of his online things remains untouched. I can be reached here on facebook or on my email **********@gmail.com
If there is a need to return or send something (i have no idea what so ever) our ...my adress is

Karen *********
Denmark

I will print all the messages from his wall and he will have them with him on his last journey.

Thank you for replying, Bless you.
Karen """

I do not know if you can contact anyone else from "back then" - I just know he visited you and Amanda some times after the "gang meet-ups" and I think it is good for you to know what happened. As I wrote to Roy I don't expect anything , I don't expect for anyone to attend his funeral but I write the details so you can know when it is happening.
Please feel free to contact me as I wrote to Roy , please feel free to pass this message on in any way or shape.
Please remember Desse , and know that he loved you guys very much .
Bless you

So the bigman has left us.Im sure many of you will remember Desse. I was fortunate enough to meet him in R/L get very drunk with him, and to call him a friend. I dont think anyone will have a bad thing to say about Desse he was a great player and genuinly nice guy.

Any comments you would like to add, i will pass them on to his wife so that she can arrange for Desse to take them with him. RIP m8
prestel is offline   Reply With Quote