User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 29 Jan 2004, 14:50   #1
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Anselm's argument

pretty old, but I thought I would throw it to the dogs. What is wrong with this then?

1) A being is God if and only if it is the greatest conceivable being.
2) Let's assume that atheism is correct, and that God only exists in thought, and not reality.
3) That which exists in both reality and thought is greater than existence in thought alone.
4) We can conceive of God's existence in both thought and reality.
5) Thus, we can conceive of a being greater than God.
6) We can conceive of a being greater than the greatest conceivable being.
7) The assumption that God only exists in thought leads to a contradiction, so it must be false.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote