User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Sep 2003, 15:59   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Chatting

What do you lot think about chatting over the internet? Like with MSN/ICQ or on IRC.
Personally I'm not a big fan of this unless it's about something important. Chatting about the weather or other random stuff is in my opinion just a waste of time and incredibly boring. Therefore it's beyond me how people can spend their entire day on MSN chatting to the 200 people in their list.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 16:02   #2

guest is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it is ok.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 16:09   #3
I Am Grimble
lol

I Am Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm usually only on IRC when work is extremely dull these days.

Unfortunatly, it's rarely more interesting than watching paint dry

Remember to think happy thoughts
I Am Grimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 16:39   #4
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
no different that chatting to people sat around you in office

except you may have more in common with online peeps and you can pretend to be hard at work typing away

not that i do, this is about as much of a distraction as i can take
and only when i cant be arsed to do any work or am sending huge queries to the database and need to be distracted to prevent my pc crashing
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 16:58   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by madi
no different that chatting to people sat around you in office

except you may have more in common with online peeps and you can pretend to be hard at work typing away

not that i do, this is about as much of a distraction as i can take
and only when i cant be arsed to do any work or am sending huge queries to the database and need to be distracted to prevent my pc crashing
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:00   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:07   #7
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:09   #8
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
i think

i'm a bit biased on this issue
but i agree, IRC isn't as 'fun' as it used to be

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Sep 2003, 17:18   #9
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
it's great for wasting time
and i've made some great friendships. i can't exactly afford to call them up instead of type an email/chat on msn :P
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 03:41   #10
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
"I find using chatrooms is an excellent way of meeting girls."
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 09:22   #11
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
"I find using chatrooms is an excellent way of meeting girls."
Have you met Shannon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 10:35   #12
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
I use MSN to talk to rl friends

It just replaces the telephone
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 10:49   #13
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
ive got rather a lot of contacts on my msn list, theyre people who i would either call up or talk to at some point but rarely see or find the time to. (and cant afford to in some cases) msn just makes it easier. ive got 4 little groups, the first one is rl people who i see a lot, no point phoning if we're both online, the second group are people who i talk to when i see

third group is like, people who i may need to talk to or vice versa at some point

and the fourth group are just randoms.
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 15:24   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

I think it's the road to total moral and societal collapse.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Sep 2003, 17:43   #15
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
I have seen in a vision that chatting over the Internet will subside in a matter of few years.

Because soon, when bandwith allows for it, chat programs such as msn and mirc will come with a feature that allows you to watch all your chatting partners through their webcam that everybody has got in the future for somewhat reason. This will be considered as 'normal'.

Then we'll see that the people we talk to over the Internet are people we wouldn't engage in conversation with or even stand next to in real life.

I think.

Or perhaps if we've been talking to the same people for four years and then see that they look and act like bummers, it won't matter anymore, because we love them.

Or wait, even better:

In the future, through chatting on the Internet, we learn that how people look doesn't matter because after you've been talking to 'Rob_The_Mouse' for five years on msn and then see that he's actually Celine Dion, well then you let your prejudices fall and realise that she isn't all that bad after all.

And now finally, what I think about chatting, because that's what you wanted to know, right?

Well I think that the PA forum is great. Irc is lame when I observe it from a distance, but as soon as I get involved it's pretty nice. Also I try to talk to at least two people in real life a week so that I won't completely lose touch with reality, which I think is a good idea for reasons I'm not quite sure of.

Matrim