User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Sep 2003, 23:46   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I find it disturbing

That a team that are so blatantly, and unquestionably better than us has to resort to diving to secure three points.

Hang your heads in shame. If thats how you want your victories though, then i offer you my congratulations.

Seriously dudes, continental football sucks. At least you can (generally) trust British club and national sides to play fair.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:27   #2
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
i'm not quite sure which game you are refering to.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:31   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It's probably got something to do with Germany.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:33   #4
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
It's probably got something to do with Germany.
no. because there was no diving involved.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:42   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Apart from any time your ****s lost the ball, or went near our right hand side in particular. Ross got sent off for nothing. Ferguson was halted taking a free kick, and one of your guys hit the ground like they were shot. By the end of the game our poor lads were so pissed off, they were actually going for your legs instead of the ball - which i fully support. When you come accross a team like germany who fall down at the touch of a feather, its completely acceptable to show them what a real foul is like by the end of the game - i hope they are injured for months, and months. You cant dive in a wheelchair. Christian Dailly had to be restrained by Berti he was so mad at the end of the game - but thats the way football seems to be going - manipulating of the rules rather than playing by them appears to provide the biggest dividend.

It all should have been immaterial really. You were and are a good enough team to beat us fair and square, you were probably worth the money on the night too. But 60 minutes gone and we get one back, id like to see what would have happened if 5 minutes later we werent reduced a man because some ****ing Fritz Übertwat hits the ground spinning.

Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:47   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
By the way, does Van Nistelrooy fall over when another player looks at him in the Premier League as well?
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:50   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
By the way, does Van Nistelrooy fall over when another player looks at him in the Premier League as well?
yes and no. You wouldnt put a tumble past him, but he only stands out at all because its the premier league. There isnt many divers.

Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:52   #8
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Ross hit the man - both times and with his sole in front - it was about time that the ref started protecting the german players from the frustrated and over-motivated scots.

Ferguson hit Rau in the face with his fist. it was worth a red card - he can call himself lucky for finishing the game with a yellow card.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:57   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by at0mic.c0w
Ross hit the man - both times and with his sole in front - it was about time that the ref started protecting the german players from the frustrated and over-motivated scots.

Ferguson hit Rau in the face with his fist. it was worth a red card - he can call himself lucky for finishing the game with a yellow card.
Rau ran in front of him while he was taking a free kick and got in his way. And id like to see you explain the fact that the ball went in the direction ross was moving both times, yet a chop on thompson upfront just outside the box, and Mcfadden being smacked in the face early on, numerous pushes, were ignored. Great interpretation of the rules.

Like i said, if thats the kind of victory you want, your welcome to it.

Unread 11 Sep 2003, 00:59   #10
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

what an incredible amount of bitterness, loser.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 01:00   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
yes and no. You wouldnt put a tumble past him, but he only stands out at all because its the premier league. There isnt many divers.
It seemed to be the only thing he was doing in tonights game. Oh look, a Czechian defender, oh look, Van Nistelrooy goes down.

Unread 11 Sep 2003, 09:47   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Its not my fault you germans are so efficient, your footballers double up as your 10 metre diving team on weekdays.

Leshy : Dont let the folks here hear you say that! Ruud is "untouchable" in most peoples eyes.

Unread 11 Sep 2003, 10:07   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Substitute Maurice Ross was sent off soon after McCann's wonderful volley had dragged Scotland back into the match, but McCann believes his former Rangers team-mate was wronged.

"I think both bookings were harsh," McCann said.

"Maurice was physical in both of his challenges but it looked to me like he won the ball on both occasions.

"Playing with ten men against such a strong team made our task harder but we battled well right to the end."

The Germans were guilty of a few theatrical responses to Scottish tackles and defender Christian Dailly was upset by some of the home side's antics.

Maurice Ross saw red for two tackles on Tobias Rau
Immediately after the game, Dailly could be heard using some colourful language to accuse the Germans of cheating.

"There was a lot of diving going on and someone has got to clamp down on it," Dailly told BBC Scotland.

"It's so frustrating playing against opponents like that.

"It's devastating to lose the game because I thought we could have got something from it."
Quote:

Dailly was infuriated with Rudi Voller's men after the game and interrupted an interview with Vogts with his outbursts in the tunnel after the match

He later refused to change his mind on the game and blasted the way the Germans approached the match, and said that it was time the football authorities clamped down on diving and play acting.

"We are absolutely devestated at losing the game because we could have won that or at least got a draw," fumed Failly. "It was very dissapointing.

"I have got to watch what i say but there was a lot of diving going on out there, thats for sure.

"Somebody has got to clamp down on things like that. I dont know who it is, the refs or Fifa or whoever it is, but it is unbelievable to see anyone playing like that and diving like that.

"But what can you do? That is international football and we are told that this is what it is like.

"And until people clamp down on it, it isnt going to change, is it?

"We have just got to be bigger than that and keep playing our way - the Scottish way - the best way."
Quote:
Furious Scotland defender Christian Dailly has called for a clamp-down on the cheats he claims are infesting international football.
The West Ham man was convinced German players acted unsportingly during his side's 2-1 defeat in Dortmund, where substitute Maurice Ross was sent off for two bookable offences.

Tempers flared throughout the second half at the Westfalenstadion and Swedish referee Anders Frisk twice found himself trying to break up a mob of feuding players.

On the pitch Dailly accused Germany left-back Tobias Rau of making a meal of the challenge that earned Ross his second yellow card.

And off it his anger had hardly subsided as he demanded action to be taken against the thespians of the modern game.

He said: "Something has to be done whether it is by the referee or by FIFA. Until something is done nothing is going to change."

Captain Paul Lambert is the only member of the Scotland squad to have played overseas and Dailly was adamant that play-acting was simply not part of the British game.

He said: "We will play our type of football, which is the best type of football. Of course you get agitated and frustrated but if you book someone once for it they will stop it.

"Until someone clamps down on it, it will keep happening. The Scotland players are honest and we take pride in that.

"We have grown up playing football in Scotland and you just don't see that sort of thing happening."
(BBC / Planetfootball / Skysports)

This is what ive been saying all along. You cant beat British football. We arent taught to dive, we arent taught to playact. Divers are villified, whereas elsewhere its common practice.

Celtic's uefa cup run for example. The only teams interested in actually PLAYING us, were Liverpool and Blackburn.

I live for the day, referee's are sent a memo to remind them of a rule : Simulation = A yellow card.

Unread 11 Sep 2003, 10:24   #14
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
Germany have always dived, it's nothing new.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 12:10   #15
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
oh boo hoo. Have a cry

typical deffeh, always the sore loser
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 12:38   #16
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
really it's not my fault that a bunch of rugby commentators don't know a football game when they see it.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 16:35   #17
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by endokuken
oh boo hoo. Have a cry

you may have won a football match but you lost a war. TWICE
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 18:03   #18
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
Originally posted by Hostile
you may have won a football match but you lost a war. TWICE
yah but that was 60 years ago. the match was YESTERDAY, LOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEERRRRR
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 18:32   #19
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
really it's not my fault that a bunch of rugby commentators don't know a football game when they see it.
Interesting, you won yet your attitude stinks like dead cattle.

Perhaps you realize the way germany won and are trying to convince yourself and others by spouting out one-liners on this board that they won a match that wasn't a farce.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 18:58   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
As much as I want the scots to utterly fail, the referee was so influenced by the crowd to make a mockery of the match.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 19:02   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
The Dutch footballers are like the american rowers: bags of talent, but they never win the team events because they just can't work as one; look at Seedorf, look at Davids, look at the black players being marginalised; a team with Davids, van der Vaart, van Nistelrooy, Kluivert and the like should not be engaged in a tussel with someone like Wales for a place in a major competition.
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 20:32   #22
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
blame the ref but bottom line is, german was clearly the better team b4 and after the red card.
there are some international football rules, scots should read em

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 23:47   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
oh boo hoo. Have a cry

I dont even know who you are, but you didnt even read the thread i bet. Observation ---.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lupin
blame the ref but bottom line is, german was clearly the better team b4 and after the red card.
there are some international football rules, scots should read em

the first post in this thread

Quote:
That a team that are so blatantly, and unquestionably better than us has to resort to diving to secure three points.
Im saying you should have won. Im saying you probably would have won with or without the sending off. Im saying your a good enough team to beat us without making a mockery of the game of football.

Unread 11 Sep 2003, 23:48   #24
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
YOu can take the boy out of Dundee but you can't take Dundee out of the boy etc etc
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2003, 23:55   #25
Rommel

Quote:
yah but that was 60 years ago. the match was YESTERDAY, LOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEERRRRR
Last time we played you erm what happened?
oh 5-1

oh and your comment on rugby, even though Scotland are just as crap at rugby than football they'd absolutely kill you at rugby :P . And yes you do have a national rugby team before you say otherwise.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 03:02   #26
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
hey? did scotland loose then?
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 12:42   #27
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
Originally posted by Rommel
Last time we played you erm what happened?
oh 5-1

oh and your comment on rugby, even though Scotland are just as crap at rugby than football they'd absolutely kill you at rugby :P . And yes you do have a national rugby team before you say otherwise.
do you remember THE VERY LAST GAME AT WEMBLEY ? HAAHAA that keeps me warm on cold days.

and even IF we have a rugby team: it's a stupid sport. i'm also quite sure the scots would win a **** eating contest but what does that tell us about them.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 12:44   #28
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This is what ive been saying all along. You cant beat British football.

Maybe you should think more about how to win ON the pitch rather than OFF it.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 13:50   #29
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If a defender goes near Ruud oops over he goes. Just nick the chap he'll go down when he can probably stay on his feet. Most top class stikers do it and get away with it mainly because of who they are. Very few international refs (Collina and Durkin being two of them) aren't intimidated by players and atmosphere - the best thing about them is that they won't tolerate any nonsense.

I was surprised that someone of the experience of Anders Frisk let a game get out of control like that. What might have happened is that a Scotsman might have said some choice words to the ref, who decided to be a **** to Scotland for the rest of the game.

I agree with the theory that continental players do dive and get away with it all. I agree that any player who dives or makes a meal of challenges to get free kicks should be carded, and if it's a penalty, sent off (as defenders are when they are the last man).

But fair play awards dont win championships.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 14:27   #30
Rommel

Quote:
do you remember THE VERY LAST GAME AT WEMBLEY ? HAAHAA that keeps me warm on cold days.

and even IF we have a rugby team: it's a stupid sport. i'm also quite sure the scots would win a **** eating contest but what does that tell us about them.
I'd rather lose 1-0 at home than lose 5-1 to someone that your country hate, just as we hate you when it comes to sporting rivalry.

Even IF - from what i've found you've got a national league structure in place.

http://www.rugbyweb.de/

http://www.rugby-nrw.de/

Why is it a stupid sport? It's at least as, if not more tactical than football is believe me.

edit - http://www.rugby.de/
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 14:54   #31
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Quote:
Im saying you should have won. Im saying you probably would have won with or without the sending off. Im saying your a good enough team to beat us without making a mockery of the game of football.
i think you are making a mockery of this game, when you just want to blame the ref

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 19:14   #32
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally posted by lokken
If a defender goes near Ruud oops over he goes. Just nick the chap he'll go down when he can probably stay on his feet. Most top class stikers do it and get away with it mainly because of who they are. Very few international refs (Collina and Durkin being two of them) aren't intimidated by players and atmosphere - the best thing about them is that they won't tolerate any nonsense.

I was surprised that someone of the experience of Anders Frisk let a game get out of control like that. What might have happened is that a Scotsman might have said some choice words to the ref, who decided to be a **** to Scotland for the rest of the game.

I agree with the theory that continental players do dive and get away with it all. I agree that any player who dives or makes a meal of challenges to get free kicks should be carded, and if it's a penalty, sent off (as defenders are when they are the last man).

But fair play awards dont win championships.
And thats what im complaining about. These germans here didnt even see a dive. Maybe they are overly patriotic, maybe they are taking the opposite view to me because i came on strong from my opening post, but the likelihood is that they are just used to seeing it, seeing people get away with it, and dont understand what a foul and a dive actually is.

Unread 12 Sep 2003, 19:20   #33
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I find it disturbing

Quote:
Seriously dudes, continental football sucks. At least you can (generally) trust British club and national sides to play fair.
Can anyone else say Sheffield United?

speaking of which I'm going to Nottingham Forest Vs Sheffield United tomorrow.

COME ON YOU REDS!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 19:35   #34
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Klinsman perfected the art of diving.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 20:31   #35
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: I find it disturbing

Quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Can anyone else say Sheffield United?

speaking of which I'm going to Nottingham Forest Vs Sheffield United tomorrow.

COME ON YOU REDS!
I thought Sheffield United were more of a "kick them when the ref's not looking" rather than a diving team. Great team to watch on their day though. No worse in fouling terms than the ever dull Leicester City who decided to rough teams up and lump the ball upfield last season to get promoted.

Should be an interesting battle between two who will be there or thereabouts come May - good game to watch, games like that in Division 1 can be so much better value than the Premiership.

Jeffers, Savage, Dickov are three British players who really get my goat.
Unread 12 Sep 2003, 20:44   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
You mean both teams were rubbish and you fluked 0-1?

Aside from that awe inspiring victory, it got rid of Kevin Keegan, who, whatever your opinion of Sven, isn't nearly as good.

Ta
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 06:12   #37
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
Klinsman perfected the art of diving.

As a goal celebration
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 09:29   #38
Rommel

Quote:
As a goal celebration
He only perfected it as a goal celebration because he had so much practice diving whenever someone got within 10ft of him. Anyone would think that he was shot the way he dived.
Unread 13 Sep 2003, 10:33   #39
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: I find it disturbing

Quote:
I thought Sheffield United were more of a "kick them when the ref's not looking" rather than a diving team. Great team to watch on their day though.
Saw the game at bramell lane last season. Utd cheated all over the place - Neil Warnock is a tosser (but everyone knows that). The ref was so intimidated that he blew the whistle every (and i mean every!) time someone fell over.
It was the week after the arsenal v shef utd game where the ref allowed a goal to stand even though a shef utd player was on the floor. (tbh good decision) Warnock went mad so the ref at the forest game ruined it
46 free kicks and about 10 drop balls. (drop balls! proper contested ones as well!)

Play-off game was one of the best games I ever saw though. cant believe we lost it in the last 5 mins of injury time.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 00:40   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

Add Pires to the list

Cheating ****
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 04:16   #41
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Re: I find it disturbing

Quote:
Jeffers, Savage, Dickov are three British players who really get my goat.

I like Savage
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 04:35   #42
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Add Pires to the list

Cheating ****

Seconded. He went past clean , realised he had lost control of the ball , and kicked the defender , causing himself to fall over.

Id like to see a rule introduced where a red card can be give , post match, where a player has been proven to have dived. It would get this practice out of the game VERY quickly.

If we can have trial by TV for off the ball incidents and have cards reviewed and rescinded by referees after a match, why cant we have them issued post-match as well?

I think its a Wenger thing. Jeffers was crap, but he didnt go down like hed been shot every time someone went near him at Everton. However as soon as hes at Highbury, he suddenly loses all sense of natural balance in the penalty area.

Coincidence? ... i think not!
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 06:06   #43
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
OMFG
  • Too much pride! You're not the one out there playing, and you had nothing to do with any achievement on the field.
  • Too much anger! Noone on these boards did anything illegal, unsporting or questionable in that game.
  • You're a bit too sure that they always dived. The referee doesn't think someone was fouled without atleast SOMETHING that looks suspicious. Perhaps this "unbeatable british football" is a bit rough?
  • If I pretend to being shot, does that make it ok to shoot me? These honourable and fair players seems to be a bit bloodthirsty when angered, from the way you describe them.
  • And you're no better yourself. You're actually hoping someone is seriously injured and hospitalized because they cheated in a sport?

Why I don't watch football.
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 08:53   #44
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by W
OMFG
  • And you're no better yourself. You're actually hoping someone is seriously injured and hospitalized because they cheated in a sport?

its when they get paid infintity billion dollars a minute to play that sport that you get pissed off.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 20:06   #45
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
its when they get paid infintity billion dollars a minute to play that sport that you get pissed off.
Are you paying any of that money?

And if you are, why don't you just stop instead?

Why do football fans always have to be so violently inclined?
Unread 14 Sep 2003, 23:17   #46
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by W
OMFG
  • You're a bit too sure that they always dived. The referee doesn't think someone was fouled without atleast SOMETHING that looks suspicious. Perhaps this "unbeatable british football" is a bit rough
lol.. seriously? you have to be joking there... look at Rugby, and the Irish game of Shinty (where they have hockey type sticks used to belt a ball at any height round a pitch to score a goal, with no pads for protection... they even stand in the way of this ball hurtling at them at 100mph for free shots)

do they go down screaming in agony because someone has added a bit of physical presence to the game like footballers do? nope... so why do all you european footballers do it?!?
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 00:59   #47
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob The Scutter
so why do all you european footballers do it?!?
if u don't like the way football is being played in europe (i.e. 22 guys walking on the pitch and all of them walking off again with their bones in the right places) then why is the the scottish team playing the qualification for euro 2004 ?
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 01:06   #48
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
im not saying you should walk off without your bonmes in tact... im saying that if these other sports players can get hit hard in the face or whatever doing their stuff and carry on playing, why cant european footballers stay on their feet when a defender breathes on them??
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 01:23   #49
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

because that's not the game they chose to play when they were lil boys (and girls)
Unread 15 Sep 2003, 01:27   #50
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point
It's nice to have objective refs... and crowds that don't turn into mobs
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote