User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 20:57   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
~0.75% of all Americans are in Jail

Perhaps old news for some of you, but I just read it:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/04/06/pri....ap/index.html

2 million on a population of 280 million.
That's "quite" a lot.

Sadly I don't have any statistics of other developed nations to compare this with.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 21:06   #2
Cloud

Cloud is an unknown quantity at this point
2/3 of all people in Dutch jail are immigrated

A proud member of DYB, the secret alliance
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 21:41   #3
eple
Voodoo chile

eple is an unknown quantity at this point
didn't we just do this thread?
"Nästa melodi som bob hund skall spela nu skrevs långt... långt, långt innan polisen började KASTA... avundsjuka blickar på ungdomarna som speglade sig i skyltfönstren som låg på marken!... Tolka det hur fan ni vill!... Vissa revolutioner sker i badrummet, andra på andra stanser; det är bara upp till er! Det är inte alltid det räcker med att slå hårdare ifrån sig än man behöver! Ibland räcker det med att säga SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT! SKÖT DU MITT, SÅ SKÖTER JAG DITT!!!"
eple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 21:44   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Well, its like that. Beacause, in America, if youre unlucky, and live in California (Or so i think) you can get life for stealing three times.
No matter how much.

How un is that?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 22:22   #5
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes that is a lot. Criminal state #1!!

I think 3/2 of all Norwegians are shortsighted and greedy.

Matrim
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 22:32   #6
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
90% of people are wrong
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 22:48   #7
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
No...

it is YOU ARE

So that means YOUR WRONG
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 00:42   #8
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: ~0.75% of all Americans are in Jail

Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
Sadly I don't have any statistics of other developed nations to compare this with.
Context just gets in the way.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 01:41   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
white collar crime is cool
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 02:24   #10
Anaximander

Anaximander is an unknown quantity at this point
Here you have a comparison
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/press/gap.pr
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 03:22   #11
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Anaximander
Here you have a comparison
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/press/gap.pr
Hm, that's only comparing two countries; plus the thread topic is the percentage of population in jail, not crime rates.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 03:33   #12
BOB_LOST
Banned

BOB_LOST is an unknown quantity at this point
most criminals come from minority groups.
BOB_LOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 04:59   #13
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST
Thats nice
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 07:39   #14
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by BOB_LOST
sounds like a good reason for persecution to me.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 08:41   #15
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Hm, that's only comparing two countries; plus the thread topic is the percentage of population in jail, not crime rates.
I bet if we did some futher investigation into the matter, make a nice graph and do some decent statistics we could probably claim that the US are far superior at catching and convicting their criminals than most other countries. After all, 0,75% are in jail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 08:56   #16
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynical Oracle
I bet if we did some futher investigation into the matter, make a nice graph and do some decent statistics we could probably claim that the US are far superior at catching and convicting their criminals than most other countries. After all, 0,75% are in jail!
Or america has the dumbest criminals \o/
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 09:00   #17
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
Or america has the dumbest criminals \o/
Point is, you can make such statistics tell you whatever you want.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 09:34   #18
Emperorn
Ruler

Emperorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Actually, I am fairly certain you will find that the US has amongst the very worst rates of crimes committed/crimes solved.

It is not manipulation of statistics. The US has a very high crime rate, nothing new there.

- George Bush Sr
Emperorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 09:41   #19
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Quote:
Originally posted by Emperorn
Actually, I am fairly certain you will find that the US has amongst the very worst rates of crimes committed/crimes solved.

It is not manipulation of statistics. The US has a very high crime rate, nothing new there.
I'm awaiting some backing upp for that statement.

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 10:09   #20
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
america has simliar numbers of people in poverty as do large third world african countries.

BETCHA DIDNT KNOW THAT EH?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 10:10   #21
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

America has the largest consume of beef. Could there be a link between crime rates and beef!!?!??!?!?!

Quote:
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 12:06   #22
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
America has the largest consume of beef. Could there be a link between crime rates and beef!!?!??!?!?!
Possibly the give away is they have a population of 280 Million, and they like Burgers.

That is one heck of a mountain of Burgers.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 16:18   #23
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Emperorn

We've had other threads about this, and we came to the conclusion that the crimerate in most western nations is about equal, including that in the US.
The article states that it's because of incredible high punishments that this number is so high.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 17:42   #24
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Rape and sexual crimes is about 80 times more common in the USA than in Sweden. As for other crimes, I have no idea and don't really care, but I'm fairly sure its substantially higher in the USA than in Sweden, which is really all I care about, since I'm not going to the US nor leaving Sweden again for quite a while now.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 18:14   #25
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
WM = as funny as a wall
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 18:39   #26
Judge
Doh!

The top 50 Cities in the world based on a survey of perception of the public who live in them.

Personal safety rankings in top 50 cities –
Quality of Life Survey 2003 (New York =100)
Rank City Country Index
1 LUXEMBOURG Luxembourg 133.5
2 BERN Switzerland 126.5
2 GENEVA Switzerland 126.5
2 HELSINKI Finland 126.5
2 SINGAPORE Singapore 126.5
2 ZURICH Switzerland 126.5
7 KATSUYAMA Japan 122
7 KOBE Japan 122
7 NAGOYA Japan 122
7 OMUTA Japan 122
7 OSAKA Japan 122
7 TOKYO Japan 122
7 TSUKUBA Japan 122
7 YOKKAICHI Japan 122
7 YOKOHAMA Japan 122
16 VIENNA Austria 120
17 STOCKHOLM Sweden 119.5
18 COPENHAGEN Denmark 115
18 DUBLIN Ireland 115
18 DÜSSELDORF Germany 115
18 FRANKFURT Germany 115
18 MUNICH Germany 115
18 NURNBERG Germany 115
18 OSLO Norway 115
25 AMSTERDAM Netherlands 113.5
25 AUCKLAND New Zealand 113.5
25 CALGARY Canada 113.5
25 MONTREAL Canada 113.5
25 OTTAWA Canada 113.5
25 PERTH Australia 113.5
25 TORONTO Canada 113.5
25 VANCOUVER Canada 113.5
25 WELLINGTON New Zealand 113.5
34 GLASGOW United Kingdom 113
34 PAPEETE French Polynesia 113
36 BRUSSELS Belgium 111.5
36 MELBOURNE Australia 111.5
36 SYDNEY Australia 111.5
39 BERLIN Germany 108
40 BARCELONA Spain 106.5
40 BIRMINGHAM United Kingdom 106.5
40 HONG KONG China 106.5
40 HONOLULU USA 106.5
40 HOUSTON USA 106.5
40 LEXINGTON USA 106.5
40 LIMASSOL Cyprus 106.5
40 MADRID Spain 106.5
40 PORT LOUIS Mauritius 106.5
40 SAN FRANCISCO USA 106.5
40 TAIPEI Taiwan 106.5
40 WINSTON-SALEM USA 106.5
52 HAMBURG Germany 106
52 LEIPZIG Germany 106

Personal safety scores are based on crime levels, law enforcement, and internal stability. Cities are ranked against New York as the base city, which has a rating of 100. The analysis is part of a world-wide quality of life survey, covering 215 cities, to help governments and major companies to place employees on international assignments.
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 20:06   #27
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Judge

2 HELSINKI Finland 126.5

\o/
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Apr 2003, 20:09   #28
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Now, i dont have the statisticks in my head, but look at gun crimes.
Aren't there something like 7000 gun killings each year in america? And like 100 in Canada?
This might be wrong, i just think i've picked it up somewhere.
Anyways, if its true, its shocking, aint it?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 14:40   #29
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Well, its like that. Beacause, in America, if youre unlucky, and live in California (Or so i think) you can get life for stealing three times.
No matter how much.

How un is that?
Well, I have a simple solution to that problem.

1st DON'T BREAK THE ****ING LAW

2nd Stop listening to liberal talking heads. If actually payed attention to the reporter, or as I like to call them liberal properganda machine, you will notice they never ever ask the guys that locked up for life for stealing something stupid. Like the guy that got life and was the first for stealing a slice of pizza, he had two prior armed robber convections and a ton of crap before that. I am glad he will never breath free air again.

3rd. IF YOUR A ****ING CROOK, AND WANT TO BE A CROOK MOVE OUT OF ****ING CALIFORNIA YOU ASS WIPES. THEN MAYBE MY STATE WILL ADOPT THIS WONDERFUL LAW TO COMBAT YOU MOVING IN
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 18:53   #30
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid00
2nd Stop listening to liberal talking heads. If actually payed attention to the reporter, or as I like to call them liberal properganda machine, you will notice they never ever ask the guys that locked up for life for stealing something stupid. Like the guy that got life and was the first for stealing a slice of pizza, he had two prior armed robber convections and a ton of crap before that. I am glad he will never breath free air again.

So the facts are, he was convicted and punished for his previous offences, then he commits another offence of stealing a slice of pizza, and is punished for that offence, but because he was norty before, and had already been tried convited and punished for those offences, the State decides to punish him again for his prior offences.

Excellent, against the Human Rights Convention, and also againt the US constitution, in that you cannot be tried, convicted or punished for the same offence twice.

I wonder how that squares with the supreme court?
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:16   #31
Intrepid00

Quote:
So the facts are, he was convicted and punished for his previous offences, then he commits another offence of stealing a slice of pizza, and is punished for that offence, but because he was norty before, and had already been tried convited and punished for those offences, the State decides to punish him again for his prior offences.

Excellent, against the Human Rights Convention, and also againt the US constitution, in that you cannot be tried, convicted or punished for the same offence twice.

I wonder how that squares with the supreme court?
No, he is being punished for the pizza. Also, Human rights BS peddling crap. That guy is slime and I don't know if you know this but once you become a convicted felone you loose certain rights. So the third strike law is just an exentsion of the the prior convictions just like they can't vote or own firearms ever again.

Besides, its never 3 strikes its more like 20 strikes your out.

Basically what I am saying is if you don't learn your lesson by the 2nd time those **** heads deserve to be locked up for life cause they cause they obviously don't give 2 ****s about society.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:21   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
[b]1st DON'T BREAK THE ****ING LAW
[Obvious]Do you have any MP3's/warez/DIVX's on your PC?[/Obvious]

Or did you mean "real" laws?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:24   #33
Intrepid00

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
[Obvious]Do you have any MP3's/warez/DIVX's on your PC?[/Obvious]

Or did you mean "real" laws?
Actually, I am talking about felonies, and as for the patheic attempt to use that age old agrument. I own all my software, songs, and movies.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:28   #34
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Actually, I am talking about felonies, and as for the patheic attempt to use that age old agrument. I own all my software, songs, and movies.
Then you should have said that as opposed to "don't break the law" which the vast majority of citizens do daily.

Plus, forms of copyright infringement ("piracy") are felonies in at least 33 states, or so I'm told.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:30   #35
Intrepid00

Quote:
Then you should have said that as opposed to "don't break the law" which the vast majority of citizens do daily.

Plus, forms of copyright infringement ("piracy") are felonies in at least 33 states, or so I'm told.
I guess it depends what state your in now doesn't it. Besides no one is ever charged if they work out a deal to pay the fines due to the Software Business Alliance (Microsoft) unless they desrupted the program themselves.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:34   #36
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I guess it depends what state your in now doesn't it. Besides no one is ever charged if they work out a deal to pay the fines due to the Software Business Alliance (Microsoft) unless they desrupted the program themselves.
"The result of the RIAA's continued efforts to press for, and win, upgraded statutes for sound recording piracy at the state level was 234 guilty pleas/ criminal convictions of sound recording pirates in 1995, reflecting a 130 percent increase over the past 5 years. The majority of those convictions are attributable to the application of new felony state statutes that have upgraded state penalties for counterfeiting, pirating and bootlegging activities. Felony statutes generally call for prison terms of up to five years and fines as high as $250,000."

-- http://lawtomation.com/riaamission/presskit.htm
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:37   #37
Intrepid00

Quote:
"The result of the RIAA's continued efforts to press for, and win, upgraded statutes for sound recording piracy at the state level was 234 guilty pleas/ criminal convictions of sound recording pirates in 1995, reflecting a 130 percent increase over the past 5 years. The majority of those convictions are attributable to the application of new felony state statutes that have upgraded state penalties for counterfeiting, pirating and bootlegging activities. Felony statutes generally call for prison terms of up to five years and fines as high as $250,000."

-- http://lawtomation.com/riaamission/presskit.htm
These 'guilty pleas' are people the distrbited the music. Your argument is pointless and it also clearly states that the RIAA is trying to raise the level at which your conviceed, meaning its only a minor crime right now and not a felony which is the highest.

Again, I would also like to point out your wasting your breath cause I PAYED FOR MY ****!!!
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:41   #38
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
No, he is being punished for the pizza. Also, Human rights BS peddling crap. That guy is slime and I don't know if you know this but once you become a convicted felone you loose certain rights. So the third strike law is just an exentsion of the the prior convictions just like they can't vote or own firearms ever again.

Besides, its never 3 strikes its more like 20 strikes your out.

Basically what I am saying is if you don't learn your lesson by the 2nd time those **** heads deserve to be locked up for life cause they cause they obviously don't give 2 ****s about society.
Human rights are not crap, as you stupidly put it. Without them you would not be able to express your opinion.

As for being a convited felon, and losing rights, that is clearly untrue. Owning a gun may be against the law for a convited felon, but owning a gun was and is never a right, it is a privilidge, as are many of the other things your are refering to as rights.

What truely amazes me is your ignorance, compounded by stupidity and arrogance.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:43   #39
Intrepid00

Quote:
Human rights are not crap, as you stupidly put it. Without them you would not be able to express your opinion.

As for being a convited felon, and losing rights, that is clearly untrue. Owning a gun may be against the law for a convited felon, but owning a gun was and is never a right, it is a privilidge, as are many of the other things your are refering to as rights.

What truely amazes me is your ignorance, compounded by stupidity and arrogance.
Really, then tell me why moron way is the 2nd ammendent include as a 'Bill of Rights'

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA11111!!!!!

and what about voting that is a privalge too? I guess then it would be legal to administre reading examines again in the south.

PS

You obvisouly misunderstood my Humans Right Statement. I said don't peddle that BS that they are human beings when their just repeat offenders leaching off the people that actually work. I also don't want to here well maybe they can't get a job. BS, I can get two they can get one. Oh hell, I could go out and have 3 jobs by Saturday if I wanted too and everyone knows Wal-Mart hires the, got to be PC, handicap so that is not excuse either.

Last edited by Intrepid00; 23 Apr 2003 at 20:49.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:51   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
These 'guilty pleas' are people the distrbited the music. Your argument is pointless and it also clearly states that the RIAA is trying to raise the level at which your conviceed, meaning its only a minor crime right now and not a felony which is the highest.
My only argument was that your original point was unclear and that forms of piracy are indeed felonies.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:53   #41
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Really, then tell me why moron way is the 2nd ammendent include as a 'Bill of Rights'

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA11111!!!!!

and what about voting that is a privalge too? I guess then it would be legal to administre reading examines again in the south.

The second ammendment refers to the right to bear arms, in as much as it is aimed at a properly formed militia, who's intent or purpose would be to defend the community, it does not give every half assed lame duck twat like you the right to own a gun.

Voting is a privilidge, and one that should not be abused, clearly if it possible to remove the opportunity to vote as a punishment then it is not a right.

Rights are enshrined in Law, to wit, the right to live a peaceful life, the right to have a safe place to live, the right to clean air, water, wholesome food, and the right to chose where to live.

Also may I suggest you buy a dictionary and a vocabulary guide, your ignorance is showing through again.
Unread 23 Apr 2003, 20:53   #42
Intrepid00

Quote:
My only argument was that your original point was unclear and that forms of piracy are indeed felonies.
and my point is pointing that out to me is pointless even if true cause I buy all my **** and the people that are in jail due to 3 strikes are still deserving no good **** bags.