User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Sep 2003, 12:35   #1
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
Do we want video games to be made into ultra mass market fluff??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3197911.stm

'Not as popular as films because they dont have as wide an appeal'

THIS IS A GOOD THING SINCE MOST MODERN 'POPULAR' FILMS ARE SO SH*T I'D RATHER CHEW OFF MY TESTICLES AND GOUGE OUT MY EYEBALLS WITH A TOOTHPICK THAN WATCH THEM!

also 'pretty but hollow' games tend to flop* at the retail level where as 'pretty with gameplay' or 'gameplay but ugly' trundle over everything in their path and amass armies of fans who would (in all likelyhood) KILL to own them.

Deus ex,Halo etc.

Sorry I needed a rant.

*I accept that there is a portion of people (we call them parents and/or idiots) who buy the really pretty games that suck beyond the telling of it.
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 12:48   #2
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
I just wish they'd give up on the 'one game, fun for all' concept. It doesn't work that way with music, movies, books or any other passtime and it won't work with video games.
Also games should stop becoming ever more simple to operate as it makes me feel like a 'press any key to continue' monkey.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 13:48   #3
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
They need to stop making games for everyone and go back to making them for themselves.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 14:02   #4
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
POKéMON
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 14:04   #5
Rachael
Ryan Stiles

Rachael has a spectacular aura aboutRachael has a spectacular aura about
They're right games aren't fun anymore. It must be so exciting to make your own golf course or build your own robot then struggle to actually get the damn thing to shoot.

However, each one to their own
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 14:09   #6
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by endokuken
POKéMON
This is an extreme example as the film, the cards, the cartoons, the puppets, the wallpaper, the endless spin-offs, etc etc..

WERE ALL SH*TE

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 19:44   #7
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i hardly play video games anyway because they are too expensive.

Since .. i dont know, maybe ff8, there hasnt been a single title that ive thought " i must have that"

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 20:31   #8
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
when i started playing enter the matrix i realised how crap it was
you just pressed randomly some buttons and everyone dies
every ****ing one

what a stupid game

stupid crap game

should be obliterated
la la la

anyways

its better than the alone in the dark series, where attached to the game you should buy a walktrhu

and deus ex is an excelent game, anyone who disagrees is wrong
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote