User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:07   #1
I Am Sword
If Mods made Carlsberg..

I Am Sword is an unknown quantity at this point
Satellite ADSL

I bought a static caravan last week in Trecco Bay and your not allowed to install a phone line, so no internet access for me on the weekends

Unless I can get Satellite ADSL

Anyone got it, can recommend a deal, or something?
I Am Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:08   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You still need a phoneline for satellite internet, unless theres been some new development that I've missed.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:09   #3
I Am Sword
If Mods made Carlsberg..

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
You still need a phoneline for satellite internet.
You do? What a bitch

Anyone wanna buy a carvan with no internet access?
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:10   #4
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by I Am Sword
You do? What a bitch
Satellite only gives you a fast downstream connection, your upstream is still 33K (using a standard modem/phoneline).
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:11   #5
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
17:11
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:17   #6
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Satellite only gives you a fast downstream connection, your upstream is still 33K (using a standard modem/phoneline).
You CAN get two-way sattelite, although the costs of satellite internet in general are so much that it wouldnt be worth it.
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 17:30   #7
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Laptop connected to GPRS modem (in mobile phone)?

Probably costs a lot, but that's what I did when in the south of France.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2003, 20:15   #8
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach

aye++
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 02:11   #9
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Satellite ADSL

Quote:
I bought a static caravan last week in Trecco Bay and your not allowed to install a phone line, so no internet access for me on the weekends

Unless I can get Satellite ADSL

Anyone got it, can recommend a deal, or something?
You from round this way then Sword ? My girlfriend lives like 10 minutes from Trecco Bay and I surf in the next bay up from Trecco Bay. My earliest memory is from the fair in Trecco Bay going on that "western" themed mini railway, it's still there as well \o/ happy days.
Quote:
The town of Bridgend is only 5 miles away, with bustling narrow streets crammed with old and new shops.
That made me smile
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 05:32   #10
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
My parents have a wireless radio internet conenction. Has about the speed of an isdn. Not that bad, imho.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 08:13   #11
I Am Sword
If Mods made Carlsberg..

Re: Re: Satellite ADSL

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
You from round this way then Sword ? My girlfriend lives like 10 minutes from Trecco Bay and I surf in the next bay up from Trecco Bay. My earliest memory is from the fair in Trecco Bay going on that "western" themed mini railway, it's still there as well \o/ happy days.
That made me smile
I live about 40 minutes away, the caravan is ready on the 9th September so I got to get internet sorted asap. The guy at Trecco bay says they did have a cyber cafe in Porthcawl but it closed. There are apparently two internet boots on Trecco Bay itself but they aren't much good, though I shall see for myself.

If needs be, I'll look at the mobile data thing beause I plan to be there most weekends
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 08:50   #12
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach

---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 08:59   #13
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
At least in Finland, the laptop and the GPRS capable phone are expensive.

Of course.

But there's an operator that provides unlimited GPRS connection for a fixed monthly price, I think it's about the same cost with the ADSL type solutions, but perhaps a bit slower.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:11   #14
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä
At least in Finland, the laptop and the GPRS capable phone are expensive.

Of course.

But there's an operator that provides unlimited GPRS connection for a fixed monthly price, I think it's about the same cost with the ADSL type solutions, but perhaps a bit slower.
t-mobile ahoy £10 per month

Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:16   #15
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
You do? What a bitch

Anyone wanna buy a carvan with no internet access?
Keep the caravan, how much for the 'no internet access' on its own?
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 14:16   #16
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
And of course there is no such thing as Satelitte ADSL. It's an oxymoron. The "L" is "Line". Go figure...

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 18:25   #17
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
You still need a phoneline for satellite internet, unless theres been some new development that I've missed.
Hi. Tiscali offers two-way sattelite connection all over europe. Prices vary with what country you buy it in, but if you move it they refuse you support.