User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 May 2003, 10:39   #1
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
ftp servers.........

This may seem like a strange question but does any one have some ftp servers/ip??
I need them because my me and some m8's are starting up a forum for ftp servers. It is not operatable yet but that will soon come. If you are interested plz pm me

Cheers Zword
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:40   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You mean server software?
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:42   #3
Zword

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
You mean server software?
no ip adresses where i can download from ..........for the forum.

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:45   #4
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
he wants server addresses/logins/passes
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:47   #5
Zword

jup that's it. And if you can give me them. I can give u acces to our forum with loads and loads more of them

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:48   #6
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
you're gonna have to be careful bout the warez rules on here
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:49   #7
Ragnarak

oh and download ws_ftp, it has all the major free ftp servers in it's list already (like sun, microsoft, etc)
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:50   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I heard that attempting to make money out of your intellectual property was gay.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:52   #9
Zword

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I heard that attempting to make money out of your intellectual property was gay.

Well i'm not trying to make money. I'm just makin plain advertisment

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:53   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Not YOU. What intellectual property do you have?
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:54   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Well, clearly the only things people are going to have worth downloading from their personal FTP are going to be "pirated" materials, so this thread seems to have a bit of a short life span.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:55   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

You never know. KaZaa's been deemed legal, so FTP's aren't going to be the opposite.

I'm living in hope that it's going to be for things like patches and trailers, which are slow to download from the regular servers!
Unread 21 May 2003, 10:59   #13
Zword

Quote:
Not YOU. What intellectual property do you have?
I've have got the intelect to be able to spamm every thread i want to. Not that that is so hard but at least I have an intelect . But thank you for asking btw......

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:00   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Intellectual property, as in copyright. That kind of stuff.

The Dude out.
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:03   #15
Zword

Quote:
Intellectual property, as in copyright. That kind of stuff.

The Dude out.

Ok stupid dislectya.......or how ever you spell it.

Ok intellectual property i don't have I think sinds i'm only 17

/me likes meaple <3
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:06   #16
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You never know. KaZaa's been deemed legal, so FTP's aren't going to be the opposite.

incorrect
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:09   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
incorrect
Still, FTP's in themselves are fluffy, so the point remains.
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:10   #18
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

I'm living in hope that it's going to be for things like patches and trailers, which are slow to download from the regular servers!
KaZaa's software cant bee deemed illegal as they claim its not designed for such activities BUT the actions of the users are normally deemed illegal. Its the same with FTP, the people who make the software to run the server cant be held responsable for the data stored BUT the person running the server can. So if they have any data stored thats a breech of intellectual property laws then they are breaking the law
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:12   #19
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Still, FTP's in themselves are fluffy, so the point remains.

But computers are evil!
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:13   #20
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
there's too many ftp's and the ones everyone's (ie old white men) worried about are the ones you have to spend a week on an irc server in Dalnet (before they got spammed to death) to get in to.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:13   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Kazaa as a method of exchanging material is legal. Exchanging pirated material via Kazaa or FTP is still illegal.

Obviously FTP as a protocol isn't going to become illegal. Not unless Proposition 21 is passed, as we all pray it does.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:14   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Kazaa as a method of exchanging material is legal. Exchanging pirated material via Kazaa or FTP is still illegal.
I thought so.

Bad menth0l!
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:14   #23
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
So, let me just check what's going on here.

You want people to give you usernames/passwords for FTP servers around the world. Fair enough.

You want these servers to house 'something', something you haven't specified yet.

Sounding a bit warezy to anyone else?
Unread 21 May 2003, 11:32   #24
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
oh and download ws_ftp, it has all the major free ftp servers in it's list already (like sun, microsoft, etc)
lies, its crap, and it also isnt free LE isnt free, and doesnt come with server software

best one i have used is filezilla http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla its server software and client software, well designed, free and the server is actually extremelly reliable, and allows easy remote administration
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 13:35   #25
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
FTP servers PROMOTE THE DEVIL!
PIRATING IS THE WORK OF SATAN, DO NOT FONDLE WHIT THE INTERNETT, READ THE BIBLE AND EMBRACE BABY JESUS INSTEAD.

Zword, why not set up your own FTP, (whit only short essays you have written yourself, of course)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2003, 13:40   #26
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
lies, its crap, and it also isnt free LE isnt free, and doesnt come with server software

best one i have used is filezilla http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla its server software and client software, well designed, free and the server is actually extremelly reliable, and allows easy remote administration
er?

all i meant is that it contains quite a large list of corporate ftp sites that he might want to add instead of fining each one separetely

i wasn't saying he should actually use it or anything

ps. you officially a dad-to-be yet?