User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:15   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
I've worked out who Bush's role model is.

Quote:
Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Do those tactics sound familiar? The PATRIOT act was snowed through by telling people they were unpatriotic if they voted against it.

Anyone not supporting war in Iraq is unpatriotic and not caring about the great threat that Iraq is to their own country.

Looks like Bush has been reading history, anyone recognise the quote?
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:16   #2
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
No, but i know that i should...

Its brilliant, by the way. But pretty scary.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:17   #3
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
It's either Göring or Goebbels.

I'll go with Hermann Göring.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:18   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
I'll go with Hermann Göring.
Correct
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:21   #5
menth0l
dim like a fox

[American Beauty]

I rule!

[/American Beauty]
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:22   #6
menth0l
dim like a fox

Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki

Surely not. But he's clearly taken some lessons from him!
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:30   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Does anyone else expect some crappy anti-war 'opinion' from gayle's posts before readin them these days ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:32   #8
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
The German leaders was undeniably the best propagandists ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:34   #9
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Question

I actually just realised that my mouth sort of fell open when reading this.

Somebody please tell me that this is a delayed april oneth prank, please?
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:48   #10
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
It loses something without the first part :/
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:50   #11
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.

How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.
(although it isnt actually be Caesar, its still pretty good)
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 17:59   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
(although it isnt actually be Caesar, its still pretty good)
Agreed, here's the relevant snopes page for it
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 18:05   #13
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
The ultimate propaganda from Gayle. Misquote someone, then say that someone else is like the person who was misquoted in the first place. Good job. You are starting to become just like them. Couple more years of practice and I will bet there will be no difference.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 18:10   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Texan
The ultimate propaganda from Gayle. Misquote someone, then say that someone else is like the person who was misquoted in the first place. Good job. You are starting to become just like them. Couple more years of practice and I will bet there will be no difference.
Misquote? Scuse me? The part I missed off that Nodrog added makes it worse not better.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 18:11   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

To be honest I never really thought there was a difference in the first place.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 18:12   #16
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: I've worked out who Bush's role model is.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Do those tactics sound familiar? The PATRIOT act was snowed through by telling people they were unpatriotic if they voted against it.

Anyone not supporting war in Iraq is unpatriotic and not caring about the great threat that Iraq is to their own country.

Looks like Bush has been reading history, anyone recognise the quote?
(4, Insightful)!
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 19:40   #17
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Misquote? Scuse me? The part I missed off that Nodrog added makes it worse not better.
I think the original quote has much more clarity. The farmer is lucky if he survives to return to his farm. That is the only thing he gets out of the war, whereas your quote makes it seem like the "people" are noble in some way because they think "war is bad," and governments are evil because they convince the people that war can sometimes be necessary.

Bottom line of the original quote: Farmers never benefit from war. Governments sometimes do.

Bottom line of your quote: The "noble" people hate war. Government will make them do it anyway using propaganda.

Anyway, that is how I read the differences in the two quotes. I suspect you got the corrupt quoted from someone who was able to see the difference in the two quotes and re-word the quote to make it seem at its most evil.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 19:55   #18
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
The thing sounds familiar. I've heard about the same thing from a Dutch military expert in the new program Nova (I think). He even said that people were called "traitors" by their fellow Americans if they didn't support the war.

I find this absurd and if this is true I consider American patriotism an extremism as dangerous as bad forms of anti-Americanism in the middle east that the US is trying to fight.
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 19:58   #19
Sub
Banned

Sub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Bottom line of the original quote: Farmers never benefit from war. Governments sometimes do.
I think you missed the point in this quote.
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 20:09   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Bottom line of the original quote: Farmers never benefit from war.
Not if they're selling killer atmoic sprouts.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 8 Apr 2003 at 20:17.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 20:15   #21
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
TBH Texan, it seems like you didn't even WANT to understand the quote. Yeah, as a US patriot like you this quote must really hurt.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2003, 21:48   #22
Emperorn
Ruler

Emperorn is an unknown quantity at this point
The nazi leaders were smart people, I don't see why it is such a big fuzz that one of them said something clever and essentially true. At least it was back then when people did not have the insight and access to the wealth of information they have today.

Real point here is that most americans are still living in an information vacuum, being as ignorant and easy to string along as any dumb farmer in he past. So, for Bush this is gospel.

- George Bush Sr
Emperorn is offline   Reply With Quote