User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Mar 2003, 20:44   #1
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Iraqi Suicide bombing

Why do I get the feeling that this war is rapidly going downhill?
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 20:56   #2
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: Iraqi Suicide bombing

Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming
Because it is
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 21:00   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
that was expectable.
if these people still celebrate saddam while you hand out food to them, you should think about if they really want to be freed from him.
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 21:12   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Heh. One suicide attack and the Chicken Little's are already out in force.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 21:18   #5
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
that was expectable.
if these people still celebrate saddam while you hand out food to them, you should think about if they really want to be freed from him.

Yes, I understand. I mean, whenever someone hands me food and water, I go like "I welcome you like heroes, thank you for liberating me even though I don't like what you're doing to my country that I like even though it's got a crappy ruler".

So 'these people' are quite obviously not like me at all.

Matrim
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 21:37   #6
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I think the major flaw in the coalition thinking, is that people can actually hate more then one thing at a time!
(Like, hate saddam and still hate bush!)
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 21:49   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
to review coalition thinking on feeding the people:

"if we spend twelve years systematically destroying their capability for agriculture and then start bombing what they have, they'll love us if we send in a WHOLE CRATE of food! Go us!"

How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 21:57   #8
Anaximander

Anaximander is an unknown quantity at this point
We will have to see, if this suicide attack was an exception. If NOT......
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 22:02   #9
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Anaximander
We will have to see, if this suicide attack was an exception. If NOT......
...if not the western military commanders might start to realise that the people of the Middle East don't think the same way they do.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 22:05   #10
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
...if not the western military commanders might start to realise that the people of the Middle East don't think the same way they do.
Unlikely... it is more likely it will turn into a PR headache when the military commanders have to use harsh means to protect themselves.. they'll simply label them "radicals" and no worries (suicide bombing IS extremist)
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 22:05   #11
Anaximander

It would be a nice twist, if the Iraqi start to sign their suicide explosives:

Eat this you sons of satan!
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 22:08   #12
Anaximander

Quote:
Originally posted by Azof
Unlikely... it is more likely it will turn into a PR headache when the military commanders have to use harsh means to protect themselves.. they'll simply label them "radicals" and no worries (suicide bombing IS extremist)
More than that: Israel tries to get rid for YEARS now of this kind of attack.
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 22:10   #13
Azof
Teh "One"

Azof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Anaximander
More than that: Israel tries to get rid for YEARS now of this kind of attack.
The thing is... Israel keeps having to withdraw under intense international pressure... since everyone is pissed at the US anyway, the military won't be under the same pressure.
If ignorance is bliss.....
Then why isn't the world a happier place?
Azof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2003, 23:04   #14
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Azof
The thing is... Israel keeps having to withdraw under intense international pressure... since everyone is pissed at the US anyway, the military won't be under the same pressure.
israel never gave a **** about 'international pressure', they never needed to.
oh, and if you use 'harsh means' as you called it, it will be hard to present yourself as liberators. you will just be an occupation force.
other than that, there is total chaos in the distribushion of food and other goods. people dont like to be treaten like animals.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:20   #15
TejasCop

Re: Iraqi Suicide bombing

Quote:
Originally posted by ELeeming

Because you have failed to grasp the big picture.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:28   #16
TejasCop

"In the opening battle, the tank unit fired two 120 mm high velocity depleted uranium rounds straight down the main road, creating a powerful vacuum that literally sucked guerrillas out from their hideaways into the street, where they were shot down by small arms fire or run over by the tanks. "

Source: http://www.msnbc.com/news/892606.asp?0cv=CA01

Sure doesn't look like anything is going badly from here. When you're up against such idiots, war is easy.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 00:41   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Iraqi Suicide bombing

Quote:
Originally posted by TejasCop
Because you have failed to grasp the big picture.
Don't you worry about the war, let ME worry about blank!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 17:11   #18
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally posted by WorkMonkey
But you think they're quite happy to live under Saddams regime?
as i said, if these people still cheer about saddam, even after they have been 'freed' and recive food from uk-soldiers, it looks like they prefer saddams regime to an us-regime.
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 17:36   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Sure doesn't look like anything is going badly from here. When you're up against such idiots, war is easy.
Sorry, I don't understand - how does the link you provided show that the Iraqi's are idiots?

And the war is going well for the "coalition" forces because they have a massive advantage in terms of military technology. I'm sure our generals are probably better strategists too, but I'm sure it helps if you have satellites and **** to keep you informed.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 18:07   #20
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Why does the word kamikaze spring to mind?
W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 18:36   #21
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Quote:
"In the opening battle, the tank unit fired two 120 mm high velocity depleted uranium rounds straight down the main road, creating a powerful vacuum that literally sucked guerrillas out from their hideaways into the street, where they were shot down by small arms fire or run over by the tanks. "
Thats the silliest thing I have ever heard.

Shells from a 120mm smoothbore tank gun creatiing a "powerful vaccum" which sucks people out into the street from dozens of meters away? (apparently through walls, unless they wee hiding in doorwarys... )

I sez pardon?

Who writes these war reports, Itchy and Scratchy?

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 19:16   #22
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
Thats the silliest thing I have ever heard.

Who writes these war reports, Itchy and Scratchy?
'Embedded journalists'. Very reliable sources
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 19:20   #23
wu_trax

maybe they just came out to see whats up?
Unread 30 Mar 2003, 20:52   #24
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Yeah, then we might be able to start fighting a proper damage with colateral damage and everything.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 08:41   #25
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
"In the opening battle, the tank unit fired two 120 mm high velocity depleted uranium rounds straight down the main road
So as well as waging war on this generation, we're gonna give the next generation cancer.

Way to go !
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 08:53   #26
wu_trax

there are already tons of depleted uranium in iraq, because of the last gulf war.
thats really nice, i wonder when the us will clean up that ****.
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:49   #27
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
as i said, if these people still cheer about saddam, even after they have been 'freed' and recive food from uk-soldiers, it looks like they prefer saddams regime to an us-regime.
yes, and thats because if they dont they'll get shot

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:57   #28
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Slidey
yes, and thats because if they dont they'll get shot

Doesn't being freed mean that they can act freely?
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:08   #29
Slidey

Slidey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by menth0l
Doesn't being freed mean that they can act freely?
if i was a 'normal' iraqi, i'd cheer for saddam whilst hoping to get rid of him too. the reason being that if you dont cheer, if you tell people that you think hes a wanker, one of his secret police might just come and kill you, or one of the republican guard. why take the risk ?

#impulsed - home of genius..?
Slidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 10:15   #30
wu_trax

this happened at the border to kuwait in the 'free' sector.
why cant people understand that you can hate saddam and the us at the same time ??
or what about the shiite cleric (who is pretty save in iran) who told the shiite in iraq to fight the us-agressors, no matter if the like saddam or not?