User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Jul 2003, 14:03   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Country Music

yeeehaa dolly partons breasts.
cowboy hats
funny shoes
and dangly things on shirts

yeehaaa

HOWEVER

over the past 2 YEARS i have learnt to appreciate this kind of music. not the kind thats described above but the 'newer' stuff such as lonestar, toby keith, kenny chesney etc

it makes a change from the usual crap churned out with little/no discernable meaning to the lyrics. The words make up STORIES sometimes or they at least have some kind of consistency and more importantly, if you listen to them you know whats going on.

Also there are some rather 'ace' songs with funky guitar rifts and drum beats.

YOUR OPINIONS
or should i just go get my cowboy boots and ride out of town?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 14:04   #2
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
some C&W rocks. it's the new R&B man. or maybe R&R.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 14:11   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Uh huh, that's right
We talk about your work, how your boss is a jerk,
We talk about your church and your head when it hurts.
We talk about the troubles you've been havin' wit your brother
'bout your daddy and your mother and your crazy ex-lover.
We talk about your friends and the places that you've been,
We talk about your skin and the dimples on your chin.
The polish on your toes and the run in your hose,
and God knows we're gonna talk about your clothes.
You know talkin' about you makes me smile, but every once in a while,

I wanna talk about ME, I wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number 1 oh my, me, my,
What I think, What I like, What I know, What I want, What I see.
I like talkin' about you, you, you, you usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about ME! (me, me, me,) I wanna talk about ME-E-E. (me, me, me)

We talk about your dreams and we talk about your schemes,
Your high school team and your moisturizer cream.
We talk about your nana up in Muncie, Indiana,
We talk about your grandma down in Alabama.
We talk about your guys of every shape and size,
The ones that you despize and the ones you idolize.
We talk about your heart, 'bout your brains and your smarts,
And your medical charts and when you start.
You know talkin' about you makes me grin, but every now and then,

I wanna talk about me, I wanna talk about I,
Wanna talk about number 1 oh my, me, my.
What I think, What I like, What I know, What I want, What I see.
I like talkin' about you, you, you, you usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about ME! (me, me, me,) I wanna talk about ME-E-E (me, me, me)

(I wanna talk about me) MMMM ME, ME, ME, ME, ME
(i wanna talk about me) MMMM ME, ME, ME, ME, ME

You, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you,
I wanna talk about ME!

I wanna talk about me, I wanna talk about I,
Wanna talk about number 1 oh my, me, my.
What I think, What I like, What I know, What I want, What I see,
Oh I like talkin' about you, you, you, you usually, but occasionally,
I wanna talk about ME! (me, me, me) I wanna talk about ME-E-E
I wanna talk about ME! (me, me, me) No ME-E-E! (me, me, me)
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 14:11   #4
JammyJim
Godfather

makes me laugh

heh
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 14:14   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I hate country music, not beacause i've heard much of it and has the basis for making a objective opinion off it, but beacause of the monster that's Heidi Hauge.

EVERY time, this WHOLE winter, when i was staying up late (basically, every day), the only channel worth watching (the only channel who sent stuff) is called TV3. This woman (norway's most popular country musician, if im not mistaken) had a 6 MINUTES long commercial, EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK. That's 3 a hour, or something like that.
I HATE HER. HATE.

Willie Nelson has some music thought, if im not mistaken.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 14:16   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
its certainly a much better genre than many. Id rather listen to country any day of the week than RnB, rap, hip hop, death metal, thrash metal, nu-metal, trance, dance, hardhouse, any other name that means "dance" but pretentiously claims to be slightly different (maybe they go Untss tss tss instead of Un tss un tss, i dont fully know)

Its listenable to. When you consider a lot of the eagles stuff, its "power country", or "rock country", and its really, really good. Of course there is also the crap stuff that sounds like its a duet featuring Farmer Brown and his cow Bessie.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in

Last edited by Deffeh; 3 Jul 2003 at 15:04.
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 15:01   #7
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
hmmmm... "teh win"

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 18:04   #8
BarbieKen

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
I hate country music, not beacause i've heard much of it and has the basis for making a objective opinion off it, but beacause of the monster that's Heidi Hauge.

EVERY time, this WHOLE winter, when i was staying up late (basically, every day), the only channel worth watching (the only channel who sent stuff) is called TV3. This woman (norway's most popular country musician, if im not mistaken) had a 6 MINUTES long commercial, EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK. That's 3 a hour, or something like that.
I HATE HER. HATE.

Willie Nelson has some music thought, if im not mistaken.
Cowboy Laila. I rest my case.
Unread 3 Jul 2003, 18:10   #9
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
I was always the crazy one
I broke into the stadium
And I wrote your number on the 50 yard line
You were always the perfect one
And the valadictorian so
Under your number I wrote "call for a good time"

I only wanted to catch your attention
But you overlooked me somehow
Besides you had too many boyfriends to mention
And I played my guitar too loud.

How do you like me now?
How do you like me now,
Now that I'm on my way?
Do you still think I'm crazy
Standin here today?
I couldnt make you love me
But I always dreamed about living in your radio
How do you like me now?

When I took off to Tennessee
I heard that you made fun of me
Never imagined I'd make it this far
Then you married into money girl
Aint it a cruel and funny world?
He took your dreams and tore them apart.

He never comes home
And youre always alone
And your kids hear you cryin down the hall
Alarm clock starts ringin
Who could that be singin
Its me baby, with your wake up call!

How do you like me now?
How do you like me now,
Now that I'm on my way?
Do you still think I'm crazy
Standin here today?
I couldnt make you love me
But I always dreamed about living in your radio
How do you like me now?

^this one makes me laugh
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 10:36   #10
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Country music is a scourge upon this planet, it needs to be erraticated.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 4 Jul 2003, 12:03   #11
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
Country music is listenable ONLY when it makes fun of its own clichés.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote