User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Apr 2009, 13:56   #1
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Fake attack.

Seeing how fake defense recalls eta 2 ticking 1, shouldnt attack do the same?
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 14:03   #2
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fake attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [junglemuffin] View Post
seeing how fake defense recalls eta 2 ticking 1, shouldnt attack do the same?

no
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 14:15   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd invert it, to be honest. Let fake defence go to eta1 as well.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 14:55   #4
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, either iether
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 15:02   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The way it's currently like this is to reduce (slightly) the power of fake defence, and reward attackers who stay to ETA 1 to see if it's worth landing. The strength of fake defence is you can send your fleet and know it's safe whilst you go do whatever. the weakness is it pulls early. It rewards activity, but only for that last tick.

I've had more people having issues with it by sending it to defend ingal to avoid their fleet being killed, and being caught out by the early recall / short travel times ingal and getting killed anyway.
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 15:05   #6
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I've had more people having issues with it by sending it to defend ingal to avoid their fleet being killed, and being caught out by the early recall / short travel times ingal and getting killed anyway.
Given that just prelaunching saves your fleet, this makes no sense whatsoever. There's no need to actually send your fleet anywhere anymore.
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 15:12   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

All I know is that I have to explain 2-3 times a round why someone got fleet caught when their fleet should be 'miles away'
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 16:59   #8
[JungleMuffin]

If thats the case with fake defense, i can totally see the reasons for it staying as is, what about fake attacks on the other hand?
Unread 3 Apr 2009, 23:34   #9
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Seeing how fake defense recalls eta 2 ticking 1, shouldnt attack do the same?
can you explain me why it should be the same eta they retreat?
you didnt gave a reason for this, other then that it should be like that, cause the other thing is the same

i dont see any reason why it should be the same

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 04:26   #10
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
can you explain me why it should be the same eta they retreat?
you didnt gave a reason for this, other then that it should be like that, cause the other thing is the same

i dont see any reason why it should be the same
Because it gives a rediculous advantage to a semi intelligent BC, would u like me to explain it further for someone who doesnt fit into that category?
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 07:29   #11
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Fake defence is ok, there is an advantage and a drawback (early auto recall) over doing it manually.
Fake atack has no such drawback, I think it should. I once suggested that fleets coming so close to a planet should take a certain amount of damage based on the fleets available in defence: 5 or 10 % of the real damage. That way it would reward activity for people who pull manually their fake attacks.
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 07:55   #12
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Fake defence is ok, there is an advantage and a drawback (early auto recall) over doing it manually.
Fake atack has no such drawback, I think it should. I once suggested that fleets coming so close to a planet should take a certain amount of damage based on the fleets available in defence: 5 or 10 % of the real damage. That way it would reward activity for people who pull manually their fake attacks.
The drawback on fake attack, is that you cant land it no matter the circumstances
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2009, 08:13   #13
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

In all fairness fake attack should be visible on the Incoming scan heh but thats another issue all together.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2009, 15:07   #14
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
The drawback on fake attack, is that you cant land it no matter the circumstances
^^

i am up for not changing the fake thing at all (if not removing both things completely)

and jungle, stop pming me on irc that i was cool until i became an asc puppet
or give me some reasons prooving i am one

over and out

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote