User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Jan 2006, 23:46   #1
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
We need a thread about drinks.

I saw a discussion about beer on another board I frequent, and thought it to be rather interesting. It gave me a few new idea's (Promised not to drink until March though. New Years resolution. It lasted a whole week).

Its interesting to see how each country has their different kinds, and how some people will import from other countries, and what people like. The latter one often varies with nationality.

So here goes, wich beer is the best? Why?

Wich country brews the best beer? Wich country can't brew beer?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 00:04   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: We need a thread about drinks.

Tanglefoot, it's the nicest.

Germany or England. USA.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 00:40   #3
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
i can't tell the difference between most beer
i've been drinking cider for nearly a year now (strongbow), the only alternative i have tried is blackthorn which i find utterly revolting.
Ditto
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 01:42   #4
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Amusingly I prefer Blackthorn to Strongbow. Sbow is way too sweet - Blackthorn is a proper cider. Sadly most pubs just do Strongblow
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 01:50   #5
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We've done this before and i repeat again

HSB
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 01:51   #6
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Grolsch. because it has quite some 'body' for a lager, tastes nice and bitter and doesn't give me a headache later. i give it bonuspoints for being brewen in this region.

the best beers generally come from Belgium.

UK, USA and Australia cant do it.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 02:22   #7
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Bombardier is probably my dfavorite beer, with Adnams Broadside coming a close second.
Hoegaarden is nice, bt is too expensive to drink reglarly, similarly for Kronenburg Blanc Which I have recently taken a shine too ( and have been drinkinf tonight...)
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 02:24   #8
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Grolsch tastes shit. I had one when I was down in belgium in the summer of 2004. Not that I can compare it to alot, but it just tasted bad water.
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 02:28   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

San Miguel if you're looking for a lager with an actual flavour, though really it works best when enjoyed out in the sunshine and preferably on draught. I do quite enjoy a drop of Peroni or Budvar when the mood takes. Can't rightly remember what ale I generally drink since it depends what speciality's on in my local at the time, they generally only last a couple weeks before they're changed though Orkney Dark Island stood out, from memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Grolsch tastes shit. I had one when I was down in belgium in the summer of 2004. Not that I can compare it to alot, but it just tasted bad water.
It, like most things, is better on draught, but I too find it awful to drink and will avoid it when pretty much anything else is on offer.

Edit:
There was a really treacly, dark ale I used to get in a pub not far from here before they 're-marketed' it. I thought was a Morland number but have since learnt otherwise. Reasonably main-stream, any ideas?

Last edited by pablissimo; 8 Jan 2006 at 02:35.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 04:51   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
Grolsch. because it has quite some 'body' for a lager, tastes nice and bitter and doesn't give me a headache later. i give it bonuspoints for being brewen in this region.

you see dutchies and europeans in general just dont quite get it

in the uk we dont make "lager" ie fizzy beer, we make ales and bitters thats where we excel in. just because you lot cant take warm beer and dont enjoy it doesnt mean its shit, try it and im sure you will like it

personal favourite as far as ale goes is blacksheep and favourite cider is a strong 7% cider called biddentons, lager wise I would have to go for urquel pilsner or becks (although personally germany does pure beers the best frankensteiner etc)
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 07:55   #11
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm sure though that it depends on what beers you've tried, I can't say I'm too fond of British beers but then it may be the result of only importing generic stuff.

I know for example that we have many great tasting locally brewed beers, none of which get exported to the UK, and about the only common export of ours you get there (Fosters) is also one of our worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn
i can't tell the difference between most beer
i've been drinking cider for nearly a year now (strongbow), the only alternative i have tried is blackthorn which i find utterly revolting.

i had canned beer again recently and decided it really does taste like backwash mixed with watered down piss. However i am very much liking asian beer in bottles.
that is all....
I'm much the same and have moved to ciders. I used to drink Strongbow until I tried a few other ciders, now I find Strongbow tastes too watered down. One of the two best ciders I've ever had are Mercury cider, which is a full flavoured cider grown in Tasmania where one of our best breweries we have reside, also known for some of the best apples in Australia. The other comes from the UK, Scrumpy Jack.. I fell in love with the stuff but it's become very hard (read impossible) to find locally anymore purely due to the fact the market is more beer orientated and it didn't do well enough I expect.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 12:43   #12
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:

I opened this thread thinking "KoeN's going to have said something absurd".

You don't disappoint.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 13:06   #13
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like bottled beer, but only in bottles. I don't especially enjoy it in pints or in cans. So it's Corona for me

Oh, and Heineken is the foulest stuff in the world. But I like Amstel and Grolsch, so Netherlands gets a B- from me.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 13:24   #14
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

The best beer is from Pilsen (Plzen) in the Czech Republic.

The worst thing to drink is 'Jägermeister' from Germany. It's a spirit, not a beer, but it tastes so disgusting that I thought I should tell you about.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 13:35   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I'm sure though that it depends on what beers you've tried, I can't say I'm too fond of British beers but then it may be the result of only importing generic stuff.
I doubt any of the better british beers would make their way across the world - the most popular ones are shite like Carling and Boddingtons, drunk by idiots.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 13:41   #16
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If I'm drinking pints, I'll drink Carlsberg, Fosters or Coors. You can only get Coors in one place round here so I don't drink it too often.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 13:44   #17
Zero
uber pe0n

Zero will become famous soon enoughZero will become famous soon enough

The best beer for me at the moment is Guinness. Its an excellent beer for settling the stomach after a night out (hair of the dog etc) but i live in Leeds and i find that the locally brewed beers (Tetleys and Carlsberg) taste much nicer in Leeds than they do in the south.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 13:54   #18
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

[Comedy Option]
Old Rose
{/Comedy Option]
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 14:00   #19
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a cider drinker too but I avoid Strongbow and Blackthorn like th plague because they're both disgusting.

The best ciders I've tried are Scrumpy Jacks and Westons Oak Conditioned which is bottled. They do ciderfrom the pumps as well but its cloudy and horrible so don't drink that.But if you like cider definitely try Westons, I like Medium Sweet but there si Medium Dry and it should be available in most Wetherspoons which most places have
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 14:07   #20
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Barbar winterbock for the win. Dentergems wheatbeer or Erdinger Weiser, Hertog Jan, Gulpener, Hoegaarden Wheat and Hoegaerdse Das ... all proper beers

Germans, Dutchies and Belgians brew the proper brews, USA will never be able to, I dislike most English brews, they are too crude for my liking.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 14:12   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Murphy's Irish Red is very nice, as are Hougaerdse Das and Palm Speciale. For real lagers you want Hertog Jan - I personally also like Bavaria.

The best beer-brewing countries are Belgium and Germany. I'm sure the UK has many awesome quality beers that are brewed there, I've just never ever come across a single one, which makes me believe that the quality of English beer is generally perceived as higher among the British than the rest of the world.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 14:16   #22
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'm not really a fan of beers so generally stick to spirits all night. The ones I have tried though which have been quite nice are:

Old Speckled Hen and Reverand James

though they don't seem to be in that many places, the former especially I have only seen in one.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 14:20   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

^^^ It's a toss up between hen and Green King IPA for the "lone ale" choice in a "non-ale" pub. Hen's ok, GK's IPA is an abomination of mediocrity, that, for some reason, has become the "best selling ale" in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
I'm sure the UK has many awesome quality beers that are brewed there, I've just never ever come across a single one, which makes me believe that the quality of English beer is generally perceived as higher among the British than the rest of the world.
From Beer festival experience, I can say that English beers are the equal of German or Dutch beers. :science:

Your obvious duty is to come to the Cambridge Summer Beer Festival
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 14:20   #24
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

beer makes you feel bloaty, piss too much, and become fat.

Vodka dietcoke generally, although I tried something called ameretto (sp?) the other day which was quite nice.

edit: vodka mudshakes are probably the nicest tasting alcoholic drink I've ever tried

Last edited by Nodrog; 8 Jan 2006 at 14:45.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 14:27   #25
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Amaretto is nice, although the almond taste can be quite sweet. Gin tonic, bitterlemon with jenever (not quite the same as gin, almost the same distilling method though). Vodka jus d'orange (screwdrivers) ... And my alltime favourite, Bacardi&Coke, with bacardi, not havana club or other pish rums, and coke, not pepsi, coke.

On the beer side:
My local pub is a 'beer pub', which means that every week they have 8 new beers from the draught and about 50-60 beers bottled. So I can safely say that I've tasted a lot of beers, I can also safely say, that I do not like the dark beers that much.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 14:38   #26
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I quite like Jack and Coke but its not something i can just 'down'. Its the sort of thing i buy when i know that i dont particularly want to get hammered because i can nurse a few throughout the night.

I quite like apple sour shots too. I believe they are based on vodka but taste more like hubba bubba sourapple bubblegum so

As for 'real drinks' i suppose i like teh cider too. Strongbow tends to remind me of vomit tho. This may or may not have anything to do with drinking too much of it.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 15:32   #27
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Nothin like a Danish Tuborg.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 15:54   #28
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Personally, I prefer beer over cider, as cider is too sweet for me. It might have something to do with a couple of earlier experiences with cider though.

When I was in Russia this autumn, I tried a few of these beers: http://www.bravosolutions.com/beer_baltika.htm
And found them to be quite interesting.

Personal favorite: Lysholmer Double Ice (Wich is quite light, and 4.7%... to get stronger beers in Norway, you'll have to go to a government controlled liqour store, where everything costs twice as much as it should.)
Carlsberg is nice as well, and I haven't really gone into detail on many foreign, more "special" beers, but I think I will now.

Unread 8 Jan 2006, 16:04   #29
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
edit: vodka mudshakes are probably the nicest tasting alcoholic drink I've ever tried
Are they the ones that are essentially alcoholic chocolate milkshakes? I had them in Aberdeen but nowhere down here seems to sell them.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 16:05   #30
Cannon_Fodder

Sainsburys do.

But please don't buy from there, I'm boycotting them.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 16:08   #31
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Best beer is a beer with friends on a good party
and the best beer party in the world is oktoberfest with the 2 best beer Augustiner Edelstof and Hacker Pschor both beers u get served in 1 liter glasses.
Best beers i ever drunk are Karlovacko (Croatia), Stella and Olvi

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 16:08   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
But please don't buy from there, I'm boycotting them.
Any particular reason?
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 16:10   #33
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
biddentons
I've heard of this, and my house mate said where to get it, but I forgot. Is it for example at Simple Simons, or some beer factory/festival thing?
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 16:15   #34
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
When I was in Russia this autumn, I tried a few of these beers: http://www.bravosolutions.com/beer_baltika.htm
And found them to be quite interesting.
I've mentioned Baltika a few times on these boards, although not in this thread

I had Baltika No.9 in Russia, it's strong as **** - but nice. Finally found somewhere that does the stuff over here - Molokos in Cardiff does Baltika No.3 which I adore.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 16:19   #35
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I've mentioned Baltika a few times on these boards, although not in this thread

I had Baltika No.9 in Russia, it's strong as **** - but nice. Finally found somewhere that does the stuff over here - Molokos in Cardiff does Baltika No.3 which I adore.
I can buy two, or three of them at my local liqour store, but they are very expensive. I generally just buy them when I'll only have a few beers, while playing poker with my friends, or watch a film etc.

Either that, or I buy Corona, wich is also quite nice.

Unread 8 Jan 2006, 16:41   #36
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Are they the ones that are essentially alcoholic chocolate milkshakes?
yeah, pretty much. Theres a caramel flavour too though but I havent tried it.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 17:24   #37
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
I quite like Jack and Coke
It's a long-standing tradition in the place I work to refuse to serve anyone who can't enunciate 'Jack Daniels' or at the very least 'Jay-Dee'.

Though it's not quite as annoying as some ****er asking for a 'Soco' (Southern Comfort).

Wanker.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 18:15   #38
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I rather like Indian and Spanish lagers actually.

It depends on where you're drinking it (restaurant, at home, at a bar, at a pub, at a nightclub), the company you're with (girlfriend, date, family, friends) and other things though.

I'm not keen on bitters or ales - I dont really enjoy the taste.

Vodka mudshakes are vile.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 18:16   #39
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

That's a point, I totally forgot about Cobra and draught Kingfisher.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 18:18   #40
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Ringwood Best or Flower Pots from Cheriton rate highly on my list. There was one winter ale I had a couple of years ago called Marley's (sp?) Ghost, but I can't remember who brewed it and I've not seen it since It was very very nice (and about 14% aswell)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 19:01   #41
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I've heard of this, and my house mate said where to get it, but I forgot. Is it for example at Simple Simons, or some beer factory/festival thing?
Simple Simons does indeed sell it, 2 pints and you wont need to buy another drink for some time...the brewry is also up the road and shepards neame is in faversham
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 19:16   #42
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Any particular reason?
I used to work there.

They were exploitating cocks.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 19:47   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I used to work there.

They were exploitating cocks.
And yet you assume that all the other supermarkets aren't?
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 19:58   #44
Cannon_Fodder

Did I say the other's weren't?
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 21:34   #45
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Did I say the other's weren't?
I've got to shop somewhere, you know. Much as I'd like to, I can't really boycott the entire retail industry.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 21:38   #46
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

You should go straight to the famers and buy it.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 22:02   #47
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
I've got to shop somewhere, you know. Much as I'd like to, I can't really boycott the entire retail industry.
Make it yourself, go straight to the brewery, go to a non national store... or just dont go to sainsburys
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 22:17   #48
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

I visited some 'housebreweries' in Germany. Good fun, and that Reinheidsgebot is a God's gift
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 22:45   #49
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
You should go straight to the famers and buy it.
They have cows that can produce vodka mudshakes now? The wonders of science never cease to amaze!

(Anyway, Surrey doesn't have any farmers.)

Quote:
go to a non national store...
But they don't sell i... Wait a minute. This conversation is kind of familiar.
Unread 8 Jan 2006, 22:52   #50
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of

Hmm...favourite.
Don't know. For a fairly common bottled beer, it's probably Morlands Hen's Tooth (bottle conditioned, nice and lively, strong abv). But if I were in a room full of beers (roll on Warwick real ale festival) I would probably go for the stringest and/or darkest beer there. A porter would be lovely. So favoursome and mmmm.
And some 8% beer over christmas that was cracking!

Worst beers I'd probably go for Bass and Brew XI because they're ****ing everywhere and taste ****ing rank.

As for lagers, I like the taste of Coors. All other common ones taste much the same ie. shit but drinkable.

Edit: Just had a bottle of Traquair Jacobite Ale (8%) and shit the ****ing bed if it wasn't absolutely gorgeous :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by JamMak; 9 Jan 2006 at 00:00.
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote