User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Oct 2005, 22:07   #1
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A lesson in Flying

Flying necessarily requires physical fitness, excellent eye sight, a knowledge of physics, and perfected piloting skills. In basic flight school you will learn how to master low altitude flight. You'll learn to maneuver past various obstacles. You'll learn to find alternate routes. It's always important to master maintaining a vertical horizon. Last but not least, it's always good to remember that other vehicles besides traditional aeroplanes can gain a significant amount of altitude .
Unread 2 Oct 2005, 23:08   #2
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: A lesson in Flying

I went to the Hull Computer Society (ComSoc) Frag Fest (LAN Party) yesterday. Playing several rounds on BF2 has inspired me to pull my finger out of my arse and fix my computer, so that i can go out and buy BF2 and then actually play it. Also the guy sat next to me was flying his jet through one those tunnels upside down
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 03:45   #3
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Ahh the tricks of flight. How I love lording it over the peons who've not mastered it yet.
This is what I gain from having played Battlefield since Bf 1942 came out. However in all the billions of hours I've spent playing them, I could have gone out and gotten a life...or something.
So we're about even :P

Actually I managed to make two jets trying to shoot me crash into the chimney stacks in the Daqing Oilfields map by weaving my jet between them. They followed me right into em.
My smugness was short lived however, when I then proceeded to accidentily hit the 'c' key which changed the view to outside, looking rear and I plowed into a tree.

Score!
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 05:18   #4
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

bastards.. at least you got a video card that supports it
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 05:39   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

If you want to see some flying that will show you up no end, then download this here.

Now it's 260~megs, but it's 260~megs of quality. How they do some of the stunts...dear god!
Some people have too much time on their hands, but I'm glad they did, I was bored!
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 06:43   #6
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
If you want to see some flying that will show you up no end, then download this here.

Now it's 260~megs, but it's 260~megs of quality. How they do some of the stunts...dear god!
Some people have too much time on their hands, but I'm glad they did, I was bored!
Have you seen 'Mine'? It's a little comic BF2 video, but at the end they send a MEC van flying a long, long, long distance by placing C4 at the end of it (or something) it somehow manages to land intact.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 09:00   #7
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:

Yeah so that was pretty amazing, just now saw it. Seems like that they do that with friendly fire on off or else all those vehicles would be blown to smithereens. Nice stunts though.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 09:14   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really be arsed to d/l that file, but I don't know if you recall the bf 1942 stunt video where the guy ejects from his plane over the flag, captures it as he falls and at the same time lands back inside his plane as it fals towards him and takes off again.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 09:36   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What do they use to fly the plane? Is it mouse or is it a joystick?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 10:41   #10
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

terrorist!
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 13:44   #11
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: A lesson in Flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Flying necessarily requires physical fitness, excellent eye sight, a knowledge of physics, and perfected piloting skills.
Mabye that's why I always end up crashing in Microsoft flight simulator?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 15:26   #12
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
What do they use to fly the plane? Is it mouse or is it a joystick?
Keyboard or joystick. I don't know anyone who can fly with a mouse. Now that's insane.
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 15:33   #13
jupp
Hi there ...

jupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant futurejupp has a brilliant future

X-Wing and X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter were both flyable with mouse too! even if it was far better with joystick.

/me strokes his CH Flightstick Pro

watching that video made me nearly buy BF2 :\ looks very nice .... is it fun for newbies too ?

[Ascendancy] - While you were trying, we were sleeping

jupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 15:42   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Keyboard or joystick. I don't know anyone who can fly with a mouse. Now that's insane.
I find it ok to fly with mouse. Dont have a joystick so... Why would I want to swap mouse/joystick all the time when changing from plane to first-person running around in the field?
Unread 3 Oct 2005, 16:19   #15
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
X-Wing and X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter were both flyable with mouse too! even if it was far better with joystick.

/me strokes his CH Flightstick Pro

watching that video made me nearly buy BF2 :\ looks very nice .... is it fun for newbies too ?
my housemates do nothing but play BF2 since they got it 3 weeks ago.
They sometimes stop to eat.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 04:27   #16
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupp
is it fun for newbies too ?
Yes, I think so.
Unread 4 Oct 2005, 18:03   #17
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

I only ever fly with the keyboard, direction buttons and the normal 'wsad' keys, it's quite intuative after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k Have you seen 'Mine'? It's a little comic BF2 video, but at the end they send a MEC van flying a long, long, long distance by placing C4 at the end of it (or something) it somehow manages to land intact.
Yeah I saw 'Mine', some of it was good, alot I found quite tedious. But it took a lot of effort I'll give it that.
Yeah they turn off friendly fire for those stunts, I love the one where the guy on the carrier detonates the C4 just as the plane in coming in, then the pilot bails out, the C4 guy gets the plane and the pilot gets the chopper...
Timing!

P.S. I unlocked the Medics rifle the other day, it's actually quite shit really. Warning against it! It has little stopping power even if it is accurate as hell.
Unread 5 Oct 2005, 02:08   #18
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
P.S. I unlocked the Medics rifle the other day, it's actually quite shit really. Warning against it! It has little stopping power even if it is accurate as hell.
I have the M95 sniper rifle, which is pretty nice. I once picked up a kit that had the Anti-tank locked weapon, a rapid fire shotgun. It was fun as hell to shoot, I couldn't hit anything though - even at close range - and reloading takes forever! You basically reload 12 shot gun shells by hand, it takes a long time, by the end of the reload I'm sure you've been shot already. I may pick it anyways, I heard the special forces weapon isn't much better and you can't beat the M203 on assault - so I'm torn between the Support and Anti-Tank weapon atm.