User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Mar 2004, 08:43   #1
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
My IT-admin

will close my access to the internet unless I find a superb way to either 1. tell her how stupid and clueless she is (she has a basic computer degree...1 year study.)

2. Find some way to work around the firewall without throwing the entire thing out of the 3rd floor where I work.

3. Question her ability to promote working environment conditions that are liveable..

4. rejoin the army 2 months before I am supposed to and shoot her in her fat face.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 08:49   #2
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: My IT-admin

make up something that uses lots of jargon (try and confuse her in the hope she will agree, to the jargon sentance, so that she looks like she knows what she is on about)

you must be able to blag it why you need the net connection
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 08:50   #3
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I was thinking "I am talking to my sons mother who frequent planetarion forums"
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 08:55   #4
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

ok then make it easier for everyone - wtf is your job? that way maybe someone with half a brain (not me) can think of an excuse for you to access the net
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 08:57   #5
I am Idler
This is bat country

I work with 200 year old plants, for identification, registration and filing.

Universitas Englesis.

etc.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 08:59   #6
Madina
TashTastic

means nothing to me - couldnt you use the net as research for these plants?
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 09:07   #7
I am Idler
This is bat country

point is that the only real need I have for the internet is various map sites to determine the exact location where these plants were found.

other than that, pure recreation... shame the bitch wont see this tho.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 09:09   #8
Madina
TashTastic

that sucks bigtime - surely its just making extra work for her cutting off your access etc.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 09:11   #9
I am Idler
This is bat country

She has thrown the database security issue.. she actually believes that a hacker will attempt to destroy the entire plant database.

This will ofcourse be because of my reckless surfing on sites like somethingawful and planetarion forums. there are worms out there! (and according to her, since I have no proper computer education I know nothing of computers, the internet, networks or sql. She wins)
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 09:56   #10
Madina
TashTastic

surely she has some kind of firewall and an anti virus app in place to stop such horrors which you are open to while surfing forums

if not she is making a big mistake imo

also (dont take this the wrong way) but is a database of 200 year old flowers valuable
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 10:00   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

take it to her boss, who will know even less than her, and tell him you need the connection, use jargon, all she will get is a memo off her boss telling her to leave you alone, she wont know why, but will have to comply
i have known this tactic to work in the past
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 10:12   #12
Yeggstry
Connection Established...

Yeggstry has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
take it to her boss, who will know even less than her, and tell him you need the connection, use jargon, all she will get is a memo off her boss telling her to leave you alone, she wont know why, but will have to comply
i have known this tactic to work in the past
done this one before myself too

colleague annoying you?? easiest way to get what you want at work is to go over their heads...
R5 - 36:10:16 (Armada)
R6 - 32:16:13 (ViruS)
R7 - 26:3:14 (Infection LT/ViruS TO) (#364 planet, #34 gal)
R8 - 4:3:1 then 3:8:4 (ViruS TO)
R9 - 47:10:5 (ViruS Gaming Community (VGC) Tech Op)
R9.5 - 23:6:4 (VGC Tech Op) (#462 planet)
R10 - 5:2:3 then 5:3:1 (ViruS/Eclipse, #419 planet), Portal Coder
R11 - retired from PA
Yeggstry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 10:22   #13
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

she is on a power trip
you will probably loose

piss her off and she will get you in trouble for breaking the security policy by chatting on internet forums
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 10:32   #14
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

army is for morons and education drop-outs, people who can't succeed in the real world and/or people who want to become drones

Consider that your very last resort
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 10:42   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
army is for morons and education drop-outs, people who can't succeed in the real world and/or people who want to become drones

Consider that your very last resort
Another well balanced opinion there.

Seriously, actually put some thought into things rather than going on a daily mail style jaunt into madness.

[edit]

I suspect we might hear the NTS fallacy soon.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 10:49   #16
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Another well balanced opinion there.

Seriously, actually put some thought into things rather than going on a daily mail style jaunt into madness.

[edit]

I suspect we might hear the NTS fallacy soon.
mrl

i) i was having a little fun
ii) you with your random rants EDIT: "one liners" about the most random of random things (often complete rubbish and totally misguided), cannot comment on my random comments.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 11:02   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
mrlyou with your random rants EDIT: "one liners" about the most random of random things (often complete rubbish and totally misguided), cannot comment on my random comments.
Yeah, you know all that talk about personal liberty being good? Utterly insane.

[edit]

Edits are generally only to add something I forgot to post, so why shouldn't they be of a uniline nature?
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 11:08   #18
I am Idler
This is bat country

Mrl is taller than you and can hence do whatever he wants
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 11:09   #19
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Quote:
Yeah, you know all that talk about personal liberty being good? Utterly insane.

[edit]

Edits are generally only to add something I forgot to post, so why shouldn't they be of a uniline nature?
no-no, i wasn't talking about your edits being one liners,

i was talking about your typical posts being one-liners or sometimes two, but you get my drift... (i hope)
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 11:37   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
no-no, i wasn't talking about your edits being one liners,

i was talking about your typical posts being one-liners or sometimes two, but you get my drift... (i hope)
If you think my posts are rubbish you just don't understand them.

This is actually true, ask roadrunner_0. Even my most seemingly irrelevent and inane lines are in fact on topic, and add valuable commentary to the thread.
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 11:52   #21
Madina
TashTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Mrl is taller than you and can hence do whatever he wants
how tall?
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 11:55   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
how tall?
_
|
|
|
|
|
|
_

That tall!

(May not be 1:1)
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 11:58   #23
Madina
TashTastic

were not talking penis size
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 12:00   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
were not talking penis size
He's the farmers' barren fields, he's the force the army wields.

(Zar, work that one out!)
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 13:20   #25
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

tunnel the firewall.
or find out who makes it and find relevant security defects.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 13:25   #26
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
tunnel the firewall.
or find out who makes it and find relevant security defects.
I could do this.. not worth risking my job over tho
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 13:30   #27
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The internet (google inparticular) is an invaluable resource for monitoring competitors market share and the very latest business news. Without it you cannot function in your current job effectively.

Or you could tell her that you look at porn and that if she takes that away all youll do is stare at her breasts.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 13:32   #28
I am Idler
This is bat country

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
The internet (google inparticular) is an invaluable resource for monitoring competitors market share and the very latest business news. Without it you cannot function in your current job effectively.

Or you could tell her that you look at porn and that if she takes that away all youll do is stare at her breasts.
I wrote her a mail and told her to give me a good reason (following with 4 pages of why work is so much better with internet and why the bandwith isnt suffering from my surfing.)

she has yet to reply. 5 hours and counting
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 15:10   #29
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
piss her off and she will get you in trouble for breaking the security policy by chatting on internet forums
only works if he has actually seen an it policy, one of my old bosses tried to moan at me for playing Pa and chating and claimed it was against IT regs and i said what IT res which she should have shown me apparentaly but she never did, and as ppl were made to sign to say they had read and would comply i never got in any trouble for it

But more likely than not yes he would get in troble for it.

and as for the problem just tell her you need it for reserch etc or you will have to waste more time looking in books than you would chating on forums etc. then if she does cut it off ask someone higher up the company to give you access for reserch, when they say you should have it anyway you = win.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 15:47   #30
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

you could always try to sex her up.... if your g00d perhaps she will let you keep your net.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 23:19   #31
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I run our network.

I would never do something like she is doing.

It would be wrong and moral would suffer.

Picking on individuals I don't like however is a whole different ball game...
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 23:29   #32
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He's the farmers' barren fields, he's the force the army wields.

(Zar, work that one out!)
I recognise the quote but I think you forgot the context
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2004, 23:30   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why the **** are you even bothering to ask.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 00:45   #34
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stick some hard core on her hard drive and wait

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 01:46   #35
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, the bitch relizes that even if she closes all ports they still may be able to cause damage (Hello social engineer) and surely she backs up the DB I would ask her.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2004, 11:04   #36
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

I solved this problem at work by adding myself to the appropriate unfiltered net access group*.

* May require domain admin rights.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote