User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:15   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Some things are fab

This goes beyond fab and into frabjulous \o/

I want Red Dwarf and Yes Minister and Monty Python and Fawlty Towers and Allo Allo and Blackadder and...
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:21   #2
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
haha you linked to an article with "dyke" in the title
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:23   #3
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
i want the bbc news archives i really do, there used to be this programme on news 24 about 4 years back that basically spend 1/2 hour replaying the live news broadcasts as they occured, watching the moon landing etc as it happened and not the edited highlights > *
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:25   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dyke to open up

that was enough for me

anyway, sounds cool. <3 the beeb

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:42   #5
DaWoodster
Registered abUser

DaWoodster is an unknown quantity at this point
I only think there will be BBC copywrighted material, stuff like Red Dawrf isn't "owned" by the BBC.

I guess.
DaWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:47   #6
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
I don't get it - will it be free, or will there be a fee?
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:50   #7
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by DaWoodster
I only think there will be BBC copywrighted material, stuff like Red Dawrf isn't "owned" by the BBC.

I guess.
I believe the copyright on most of Red Dwarf is held by the BBC with some held by Grant Naylor Productions.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:51   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate
depends:

"The service, the BBC Creative Archive, would be free and available to everyone, as long as they were not intending to use the material for commercial purposes, Mr Dyke added."
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:52   #9
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Free Dr. Who ahoy!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:57   #10
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate

Given that we've already paid for it I should hope not.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 00:42   #11
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
/me waits for the surge of comments along the lines of "don't want no freeloaders from other countries downloading prouctions IIIIIIIIIII payed for with myyyyyyyy license fee..."
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 00:49   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
/me waits for the surge of comments along the lines of "don't want no freeloaders from other countries downloading prouctions IIIIIIIIIII payed for with myyyyyyyy license fee..."
Let them watch and learn just how inferior their own programmes are in comparism
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 00:57   #13
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Too late. Many of those programs have already been shown on American TV at one time or another.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Let them watch and learn just how inferior their own programmes are in comparism
Some of them were quite good, I admit. But then, I assume they only bothered importing the creme of the crop[*].

*Well, and Benny Hill...
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 01:55   #14
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
*Well, and Benny Hill... ;)

Two words:

"My Hero"

Americans in having no sense of humour SHOCKA!
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 02:23   #15
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Too late. Many of those programs have already been shown on American TV at one time or another.

Some of them were quite good, I admit. But then, I assume they only bothered importing the creme of the crop
Quite good? QUITE GOOD? Sheer Godlike comedy you mean! Although I will forgive you this once on the basis that you gave us Frasier in return
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 02:33   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
Two words:

"My Hero"

Americans in having no sense of humour SHOCKA!
Oh good lord, is there nothing in the universe that can't be used as an excuse for some gratuitous American-bashing here on GD?

My Dad--who by some strange coincidence also happened to be an American--loved Benny Hill but I found him a bit repetitive. I was more of a Marty Feldman kind of guy. ;|

[edit]by "him" I meant Benny Hill, but--strangely--I found my Dad a bit repetitive as well. Curious... [/edit]
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 02:42   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Oh good lord, is there nothing in the universe that can't be used as an excuse for some gratuitous American-bashing here on GD?
[/edit]

"My Hero" is a British "comedy" (and i use the therm "comedy" oh so very loosely).

Some Yank TV channel shows it.

It is the craziness of it all that i found amusing (ie they show that ****e but not some decent British humour).
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 03:48   #18
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
I believe the copyright on most of Red Dwarf is held by the BBC with some held by Grant Naylor Productions.
Some other broadcasting companies have bought broadcast rights to some of their shows, tho, AbFab for example was shown constantly on Comedy Central for a while. I know I've seen Red Dwarf and Monty Python on TV, but it might've just been PBS, so they probably won't cause much fuss.

But still, some channels might get pissed if the shows they're paying to show are on the net for free.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 06:05   #19
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
Some other broadcasting companies have bought broadcast rights to some of their shows, tho, AbFab for example was shown constantly on Comedy Central for a while. I know I've seen Red Dwarf and Monty Python on TV, but it might've just been PBS, so they probably won't cause much fuss.

But still, some channels might get pissed if the shows they're paying to show are on the net for free.
I don't think most of those shows are on tv much anymore, at least in the US. I think if anyone would be upset it'd be those selling the videos/DVDs.

On a somewhat related note, I just heard that the SCTV episodes will be released on DVD next year. \o/
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 09:28   #20
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Rubarb and Custard, The Clangers, Ivor the Engine !!!!

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:46   #21
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder Blackadder
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:49   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I wish they'd do that for some dutch channels, fs.
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 13:56   #23
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Is it really that unreasonable to expect people to pay for a product?
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 15:28   #24
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
I accidentally downloaded the unaired U.S. pilot of Red Dwarf. It was surprisingly unfunny.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 01:00   #25
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jammers
Is it really that unreasonable to expect people to pay for a product?
Somewhere along the line, you have managed to massively miss the point to such an extent that were you to miss it any more you might accidentally totter into the back of it.

Unread 26 Aug 2003, 16:26   #26
queball
Ball

Quote:
Somewhere along the line, you have managed to massively miss the point to such an extent that were you to miss it any more you might accidentally totter into the back of it.

That the BBC is only going to give away shows that no-one sane would pay for?
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 20:38   #27
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Now Playing - Benny Hill - Theme Song
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 20:46   #28
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Im not convinced about the morality of a government body owning a copyright in the first place, to be honest.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 20:51   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Im not convinced about the morality of a government body owning a copyright in the first place, to be honest.

Eye of the tiger nod!
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 20:56   #30
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
Eye of the tiger nod!
surely the copyright would have to be shared with the people who funded the production (ie the british people) anyway?
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 20:58   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
surely the copyright would have to be shared with the people who funded the production (ie the british people) anyway?
Didn't we have a discussion earlier in which someone mentioned that the government doesn't actually own/operate the BBC entirely? Or am I going mad?
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 20:59   #32
Nodrog

Quote:
Didn't we have a discussion earlier in which someone mentioned that the government doesn't actually own/operate the BBC entirely? Or am I going mad?
I dont see what this has to do with the post you just quoted.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:00   #33
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I dont see what this has to do with the post you just quoted.

It'd mean that the BBC wouldn't be operated by the British government and hence wouldn't be owned by the British people.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:05   #34
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
oh come on someone say they're interested in the fcking news archives i look like a prat

anyone else download from pathe? ...anyone!?!??!!
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:09   #35
Nodrog

Quote:
It'd mean that the BBC wouldn't be operated by the British government and hence wouldn't be owned by the British people.
Its obviously not owned by the British people, however I said 'funded'.

edit: any state protected monopoly is part of the government for all intents and purposes.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:10   #36
queball
Ball

The copyright goes to whoever it goes to. If you create something while employed if might go to your boss. If you pay a company to create something it might go to them. Like if the largest purchaser of Microsoft software is the US government, that doesn't mean the copyright disappears. Even if the work isn't sold to others it's still not public. They simply contract others to do the dirty work: universities, corporations, whoever.

While the US doesn't allow the government to own copyrights, we do. So the argument is baseless. If the BBC is a governmental organisation then it holding the copyright means the copyright is in public hands; if the BBC is not a governmental organisation then the copyright should again rightly be in their hands.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:19   #37
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by queball

While the US doesn't allow the government to own copyrights, we do
I know this.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:21   #38
queball
Ball

Quote:
I know this.
So what's your point? We should change our law, and also institute some scheme whereby Microsoft, EDS, the BBC, etc, can't own copyrights?
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:24   #39
Nodrog

Quote:
So what's your point? We should change our law, and also institute some scheme whereby Microsoft, EDS, the BBC, etc, can't own copyrights?
Quote:
I wasnt making a legal argument.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:26   #40
queball
Ball

Quote:
I wasnt making a legal argument.
You're not answering my post. What is your point? That violating the copyright on BBC shows, WindowsXP, university patents, etc, is "moral"?
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:29   #41
Nodrog

Quote:
You're not answering my post. What is your point? That violating the copyright on BBC shows, WindowsXP, university patents, etc, is "moral"?
That theres no moral basis for the BBC to own a copyright in the first place.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:32   #42
queball
Ball

Quote:
That theres no moral basis for the BBC to own a copyright in the first place.
Because the BBC recieves some of its money from a state monopoly and some of its money fairly?
Seem rather arbitrary, considering that every other company recieves part of its money from the gov'ment and part privately, and copyright being a state monopoly anyway and all.
Unread 26 Aug 2003, 21:36   #43
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
Probably the bbc should hold the copyright, but in trust as it were, with some kind of license automatically extended to british citizens.

getting rid of it entirely would be problematic.
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:31   #44
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
British people also fund companies by purchasing their products.
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:39   #45
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
That theres no moral basis for copyright in the first place.
Fixed.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 19:51   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by huh
British people also fund companies by purchasing their products.
That's voluntary, and with competing industries.

TV licenses are mandatory.

If you watch TV that is.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2003, 23:53   #47
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
obligatory lol ur gay lol