User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 29 Oct 2010, 21:29   #1
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Abs. NEW idea which was never mentioned before !!!!!

to make it short

remove the tag limit!!!

Now the screaming begins:

**** you look at url http://lotofreasonsforataglimit.com
damn you look at url http://taglimitsarelame.com

bla bla bla etc...

anyhow

i think i discovered the main problem of PA as it is

to summarize short: we are lacking players!!!!

u disagree, then go screw urself srsly....

anyhow

if you were a new talented active and dedicated player, wouldnt you want to be a part of a round determinating probably winning alliance ?

yes you would!

you disagree, then go screw urself srsly....

anyhow

now that you are that player, you wont find access to ascendancy or apprime or even nubdawn for that matter...

you disagree, then go screw urself srsly....

anyhow

what if any alliance has a counting tag of x (60 sounds decent atm) but a open tag !?
i mean they could actually recruit new players into their tag and yet maintain a chance to win the round...

so while we atm have a system where we need alliances to form a home for inexperienced guys, because the top tags are full
we could have a system where those who probably know most about the game could teach the new guys

yes it probably comes to a new lvl of organisation with a 150 man tag, but if an alliance can mange it can recruit to their top60 counting tag from a much bigger pool of players

instead of telling every generation of new PA players "go screw yourself we are full" round after round
which means generation after generation
we could have a open game for everyone instead

if JohnnynewtoPA decides to play his first round and also decides to be on irc and ingame for like 14h straight (maybe because hes unemployed atm or whatever) and also decides to listen to advice from exp. players - why shouldnt he have the chance to play in ascendancy ?

with allowing him to only play in a lower alliance where probably most (not saying all) are not more then casual players, where he doesnt get defence, where he wont find any suitable targets - arnt we exluding him from the game ???

and if we are, if you agree with me here

then i have to ask, arnt we excluding whole generations from the game like that ?

i think we do

and so here is what i demand:

remove tag limits (keep the counting tag size) and make KNOWN that it will stay that way!!!!

m0rph3us out

P.s.: you disagree ? then go screw yourself srsly!!!!

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2010, 21:38   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Abs. NEW idea which was never mentioned before !!!!!

Here's the official Ascendancy response: "Oh god, not this shit again."
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2010, 21:41   #3
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Tag limits are gay.

And you should get sober mate

just for the lol:
[22:32] <@m0rph3us> http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199066
[22:33] <@Korsan> the links dont work

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2010, 21:48   #4
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post

just for the lol:
[22:32] <@m0rph3us> http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199066
[22:33] <@Korsan> the links dont work
i didnt get the joke

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 29 Oct 2010, 22:06   #5
DoDDy
Twisted Individual

DoDDy can only hope to improve

what is this all about? I'm liking this round, except for the imperia p targetting and zp standard roidings for leaving them.... I believe its better than last round at least.... no major naps (as of yet) and some decent size alliances.
#17 | 4:2:7 |Schumacher Levy 9 of Collision on Jupiter
DoDDy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 02:24   #6
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

From what I could tell from that horrible post, it's almost exactly the same as that lemon-market thing Jester posted... Over 3 years ago.

Unless Jagex decides so, it's not going to happen. And even then it'll probably be done last, right before they start advertising PA, say, in a year maybe?
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 13:22   #7
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Ascendancy is as good as the other alliances let it be.
instead of 3 alliances to the tag limit, have 15 alliances to the tag limit and we will have a more significant contest, with maybe some inexperienced HCs (not sure there's a need for HC), but surely more balls than the usual bashers whose only tactic is to raid the lesser alliances while avoiding the big ones.
Sadly that's enough to win a round.
Unread 30 Oct 2010, 14:04   #8
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Ascendancy is as good as the other alliances let it be.
instead of 3 alliances to the tag limit, have 15 alliances to the tag limit and we will have a more significant contest, with maybe some inexperienced HCs (not sure there's a need for HC), but surely more balls than the usual bashers whose only tactic is to raid the lesser alliances while avoiding the big ones.
Sadly that's enough to win a round.
that is a rumour or for that matter expectation i cannot sign

lets say we have 200 active pa player, and i mean active as in actually attacking and defending every night
lets say ppl who would fill a hc or officer position

now those are divided on 15 diffrent tags (all with a taglimit of 40)
mixed up with the so called casual player, who logs in 5 of 7 days regularly and 2 of 7 probably not at all (because its weekend or there is a wedding or because he just cant be arsed)

so u expect, that with a shrinked tag limit there would be more competition !?

i disagree, seeing that there would be 3-4 tags takin all the dedicated (known) players

those 3-4 tags would play for the round winner

while the johnnynewtopa guy cant join em, because they are full

so he will have to find a home in a lower alliance where most players are even less then the described casual guy
some play to initiate roids, others to check out what PA is while not sacrificing anything over it, and some just like the chit-chat on irc but really dont bother about rank or roids or for that matter anything which makes this game interesting

so now you have apprime and ascendancy and newdawn and that new alliance which was formed to fight for the top ranking

while hr, ct, rock, the horde, hirr, hex... get bashed to shit meanwhile

i dont see more competition, i just see a regulation with whom you want to play

if u remove tag limits, it will aswell be 3-4 tags fighting for the top
with the exception that Johnnynewtopa can actually be part of one of those,and hell he might even rank above someone else playing this game for long, just due to a better support in a top alliance, then what he would get in the horde for exampel

you could come up with the argument that new alliances wouldnt form anymore if we´d remove tag limits, but i also have to disagree.

new alliances generally form out of an idea to make it better, or an idea to be something special
or any other idea, but it never had to do with:

new alliances never formed, because there was a need for em "hey look 1k players but only 10 alliances with a 50 man tag (=500)"

Unread 1 Nov 2010, 08:19   #9
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
that is a rumour or for that matter expectation i cannot sign etc...
a 40 player alliance of noobs attacking a 40 player alliance of what you call good players (I'm not convinced player used to bash small planets can be called good) has more chances to land some attacks than the 40 noobs ally vs a 80 good ally...
I'm sure some noobs would prove what attacking means and would put more experienced players to shame. PA is not that hard to figure out anyway.