User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Dec 2011, 15:35   #1
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about
Who will finish on top?

Right it´s closer than ever - ad last week is inbound. Just a follow up on the usual b4 round start "who will win thread"

3 alliances are in position to win. everything is still possible, the roid and score lead is marginal so here goes.

will it be CT, ND or Ultores.

No motivations required, write it if you want, disregard it as you please.

My bet is CT as winning alliance.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2011, 17:04   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who will finish on top?

Ultores.
Unread 9 Dec 2011, 17:40   #3
Jeffro

Jeffro is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to agree with Jenny there. Can't see anyone else but Ult winning. But then again I thought ND would never win again and they proved me wrong.
Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2011, 18:11   #4
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of

mz, for not playing.
Unread 9 Dec 2011, 18:37   #5
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Patsa.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2011, 18:50   #6
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post

3 alliances are in position to win. everything is still possible, the roid and score lead is marginal so here goes.

Roid lead is marginal??? Ult have 15k more roids than ND and dont lose them anywhere near as fast...

They have 200 less than CT but CT have 19 more members for those roids to be shared across...

In conclusion Ultores have already won - tbh they had won the second we saw there was only 3 competetive alliances with more than 50 members - so about tick 4 :/

The same old stuff happens as always - CT and ND for all their attacking/farming skills cannot hold onto their roids as well at Ultores - thats what it comes down to
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2011, 19:44   #7
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

ultores,

been known since they day App and ND ended their agreement.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2011, 23:44   #8
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Another round where we see ND fail.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 02:13   #9
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

im sorry what alliuance were you? and how un fail was it?

and kaiba ND did not farm so stfu and learn something.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 11:26   #10
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Maniacmagic ND naps out of wars and hits lower/neutral galaxies for large chunks of the round - that is farming

Korsan as far as im aware is in xVx - an alliance which currently has the highest avg roid count - more total roids than your alliance (which has 29 more members) and is sitting quite well in 4th place - a massive over achievement from what was expected by thier HC's at round start.

I think xVx's tag split plan has worked quite well for them tbh, a lot depends what your goals are, they werent in it to win the round they wanted planet ranks and i would assume from that avg roid count they have acheived that.

ND went into the round to win it - from what i remember you lead the way for 750 ticks - pulled massively clear and then poof you got hit PROPERLY and you died in under a week - Ult have caught up a 20 mill odd score gap on you... AGAIN... does it not get boring watching your alliance lose 1st place every round???

(Yes i know you won a few rounds back but you came through from 3rd to win right at the death)
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 12:32   #11
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

xVx tag split did work very well. If only for them to hardly get any incomings all round and not involving in any wars.

Its not a big achievement to get the ammount of roids they have that way. Regardless of that, they played well. Staying out of wars is a part of decent politics aswell.

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 12:38   #12
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros View Post
xVx tag split did work very well. If only for them to hardly get any incomings all round and not involving in any wars.

Its not a big achievement to get the ammount of roids they have that way. Regardless of that, they played well. Staying out of wars is a part of decent politics aswell.

I didnt say it was a big acheivement - but i would rather have there avg roid count than ND's
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 13:13   #13
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Maniacmagic ND naps out of wars and hits lower/neutral galaxies for large chunks of the round - that is farming
I think most people that aren't using emotive language to talk trash would generally consider "farming" within the context of planetarion to mean:

"attacking planets that you know will not be defended so that you can freely take their roids either because you are controlling the target planet or working with the consent of the person who is."

If you want to talk about your definition of the term, then I think you'll find very few alliances that haven't done it every single round. It's a fairly standard part of playing the game.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 16:45   #14
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
im sorry what alliuance were you? and how un fail was it?

and kaiba ND did not farm so stfu and learn something.
Kaiba's answer. Read it. I wrote it and told him to post it..

Especially this one:
Quote:
ND went into the round to win it - from what i remember you lead the way for 750 ticks - pulled massively clear and then poof you got hit PROPERLY and you died in under a week - Ult have caught up a 20 mill odd score gap on you... AGAIN... does it not get boring watching your alliance lose 1st place every round???

And...

Unread 10 Dec 2011, 17:43   #15
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Ult for the easy win.
Hunter for planet win?

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
snoops^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 20:01   #16
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
I think most people that aren't using emotive language to talk trash would generally consider "farming" within the context of planetarion to mean:

"attacking planets that you know will not be defended so that you can freely take their roids either because you are controlling the target planet or working with the consent of the person who is."

If you want to talk about your definition of the term, then I think you'll find very few alliances that haven't done it every single round. It's a fairly standard part of playing the game.
Im not saying its wrong - but hitting way below your capabilities is not the sign of a good one - ND raiding galaxies full of say DFWTK and HR planets does not show good skill or ability - technically its just bashing people less able than you - sorta like kicking someone in a wheelchair
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 20:15   #17
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:

First of all ND has not napped out of a single war this round, we avoided blocks and hit ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. The ONLY NAP we had was cancelled by TarDinal (after 3 days of APP not playing be the NAP) and we went to war (later allied to Ult and DFWTK). So again you are full of korsan.

ND def has not hit LOWER or NEUTRAL GALAXIES ... for you to say this you are ignorant because ND (when gal raiding) hit a top 10 (usually top 5) galaxy EVERY day. So please clean the korsan out of your ears and GET A CLUE.

And being hit 'properly' we are the only alliance to come close to the incs we have had. NO alliance would have taken the hit we took.

Quit adding all of your Anti ND bull-korsan to every post and go look at the facts

Last edited by ManiacMagic; 10 Dec 2011 at 20:31.
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 20:19   #18
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Im not saying its wrong - but hitting way below your capabilities is not the sign of a good one - ND raiding galaxies full of say DFWTK and HR planets does not show good skill or ability - technically its just bashing people less able than you - sorta like kicking someone in a wheelchair
Again CT claims us as their top hostile, APP also, TGV

DFWTK are our allies??

So again ... think before you speak just once ...
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 20:21   #19
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
technically its just bashing people less able than you - sorta like kicking someone in a wheelchair
AKA Anyone having an argument with Kaiba
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 20:31   #20
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Kaiba: I just think that your posting is extremely dishonest and very biased. You use words like "farming" in a very snide way. I know you aren't stupid enough to not be aware of the connotation that the term has with cheating. I also know that you aren't stupid enough to be unaware that the current first ranked alliance has made excellent tactical use of naps for its own advantage.

You are also no doubt aware how productive attacking planets below ones capabilities can be (whether "one" is an individual or an alliance) and I'm sure that an experienced player like yourself has done so many times in his pa career, and no doubt if you played this round you've done it a lot this round.

So why pretend otherwise? It makes you look dishonest and malicious at best, and pretty silly at worst.

Just for the record: if you think that ND have exclusively been attacking planets "below their capabilities" I can assure you that isnt the case: I myself have landed about twice in the last two weeks - disclaimer: I'm not very capable.

Last edited by HRH_H_Crab; 10 Dec 2011 at 20:37.
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 20:56   #21
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

ND has steadfastly refused to hit Ult all round and was cruising to a round win - until CT finally got tired of doing their work for them.

Once CT stopped hitting Ult then their (Ult's) victory was inevitable.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 20:57   #22
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Again CT claims us as their top hostile, APP also, TGV

DFWTK are our allies??

So again ... think before you speak just once ...

MM why do you always need to come back with some awful reason to try and disprove me ???

a) i said alliances LIKE dfwtk and hr - not them exclusively - they were merely examples of the types you raid.

b) You have been in some kind of war against all of those alliances this round - you can rack up more incs on 1 alliance and not land bugger all in 1 week of war as your specifically targettting rather than casual raiding of galaxies containing mid to lower teir alliances - it doesnt mean your not doing it just because you have CT as a top hostile... I would say that in most rounds when the gangbangs come that peoples 'top hostiles' get distorted quickly from what they have hit most the round.

To HRH_Krab:

I have always used farming as a term when bigger players/alliances graze easy income from smaller targets instead of testing themselves against those the same size. I am sorry if i caused confusion in my terminology - i am not accusing ND of cheating whatsoever (mainly cos it would be a really poor show if they cheated and STILL lost so bad!!) I hope this clears that up for you
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 21:02   #23
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
ND has steadfastly refused to hit Ult all round and was cruising to a round win - until CT finally got tired of doing their work for them.

Doesnt that kind of add to what i was saying about ND not hitting their rivals and instead hitting down??
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 21:06   #24
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post

I don't know if you were aware or not, but Ult have also not been attacking ND.
I think that if you believe that CT were the only thing that stopped Ult from overtaking ND earlier, you ignore the hard work that many many other alliances put in to taking 20k odd roids from ND.

I think their contribution to Ults win should not be understated. CT played a part in it, but they were just one cog in a big machine (and a cog that was actually looking pretty rusty about a week ago!).
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 21:08   #25
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Kaiba because you ALWAYS come talk korsan about ND. WITH no facts.

Even prior to this war we were TGV and CT's #1 hostile ... the two other largest tags in the game .... so how the fk we hitting the top 10 gals on a constant basis being the two largest allies #1 hostile ... and still you are saying we farm?

Get over youself you as usual dont have a clue about PA

Look at the alliance points ... those dont get that high with farming.
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 21:21   #26
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Doesnt that kind of add to what i was saying about ND not hitting their rivals and instead hitting down??
Yes - it does.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 21:22   #27
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Sooo ... prior to the WAR ult also hated us due to hostility ... im not sure what rivals you are saying we arent hitting?

Sorry I guess I still expect that momentary light to flicker soemday for you ><
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 21:24   #28
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
I don't know if you were aware or not, but Ult have also not been attacking ND.
I think that if you believe that CT were the only thing that stopped Ult from overtaking ND earlier, you ignore the hard work that many many other alliances put in to taking 20k odd roids from ND.

I think their contribution to Ults win should not be understated. CT played a part in it, but they were just one cog in a big machine (and a cog that was actually looking pretty rusty about a week ago!).
Yes, of course I'm aware that Ult hasn't been hitting ND.

But your point about the other alliances taking roids from ND seems to be back to front. ND would have stayed in front longer if they'd kept those 20K roids.
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 21:27   #29
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

1000 ticks was a pretty good run imo =0)
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 21:35   #30
Baddars
FAnG Battle Commander

Baddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really niceBaddars is just really nice

MM, i dont usually post, but you talk crap some times.

ND were no where near Cts top hostile for most of the round till you started to target us specifically.

Ult and DWFTK were.

Infact, even p3ng were higher on our hostile list than you for the most part of the round.

i get sick of reading such utter bollocks people post on here.

heres the breakdown for the round:

CT and App spent the first 400-500 ticks pinning Ult back. At this time ND were quite happily farming their way to a nice roid lead without any major attention from the bigger alliances.

ND hit CT massivly for 1 night, so me personally organised a 1 night of incs for them to say back off. Which we both did.

CT and App, with the help of ND this time, then hit Ult and DFWTK again for another 100 ticks. ND then stopped helped and went back to gal raiding.

CT then had to make a choice, do we stagnate the round, or have a shot at going for #1? So we went for it, and we brought friends.

Unfortunately, due to the first half of the round, Ult did not support us in taking ND down, and hence allied ND in order to and i quote

"(eksero) tbh i dont care who wins as long as it isnt CT"

So, at this point, half the universe hit ND, taking 20% of their roids in 1 night.

Then ND, Ult and DFWTK hit CT. Now despite having an awesome DC team, CTs members just were not active enough to stop this onslaught, and we lost roids.

At this point in the round the race stagnated, with ND and CT trading roids, and Ult gaining from the fringes. Ult got fat and got fat fast.

So App and CT switched to Ult to take their roids. At this point, ND napped CT, and without the support of ND to attack CT, ult were losing roids again, and getting rather upset at ND for making the deal and not informing them.

This leads us to where we are now.

Ult will win this round, and rightly deserve it. The beating they took the first half of the round had them considering even they couldnt win.

But the round isnt over, any of the 3 can win.. but we will see.

Good luck all 3 and MM stop talking shit.
===================================================
Baddars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 22:14   #31
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddars View Post
ND were no where near Cts top hostile for most of the round till you started to target us specifically.
This was according to your HCs so you tell me.

[18:36] <@Monroe> you guys are our #1 hostile
[18:36] <@Monroe> even as we war ult
[18:36] <@Monroe> which is crazy
[18:36] <@ManiacMagic> pfffft
[18:37] <@Monroe> 1 NewDawn 528
[18:37] <@Monroe> 2 Ultores 469

Sooo ... ??? This is only the first one I found but there were quite a few similar sayings crom various HC
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 22:15   #32
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Kaiba because you ALWAYS come talk korsan about ND. WITH no facts.

Even prior to this war we were TGV and CT's #1 hostile ... the two other largest tags in the game .... so how the fk we hitting the top 10 gals on a constant basis being the two largest allies #1 hostile ... and still you are saying we farm?

Get over youself you as usual dont have a clue about PA

Look at the alliance points ... those dont get that high with farming.
lol TGV has been on less than 50 members for most of the round, less than DFWTK, HR and Ult...

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 22:24   #33
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddars View Post
ND hit CT massivly for 1 night, so me personally organised a 1 night of incs for them to say back off. Which we both did.
Now lets address this.

Undisputed fact #1 ND and APP split a gal (1:6) I think and ND happened to get the two CTs (this is after a lot of the aforementioned complaints about ND being so hostile to CT (that you have claimed your HCs lied about)

Undisputed fact #2 your supposed ND hit CT massivly was ND hitting two CT planets but we only have 6 planets that night so they did get a good deal of incs.

Undisputed fact #3 (this one your HCs say they were pissed at you for) Badd here decided to get a good many alliances to hit ND back the next night. When ND said specifically not to get stupid about the 'retal'.

Undisputed fact #4 ND got wind of this gang bang and swapped our raid last min to a CT fort BY OURSELVES

Undisputed fact #5 ND went negative 4% with your gang bang hitting us while CT with only ND hitting went -1.5%

Y'all expected a push over but got a fight ... we pointed out that only vultures would gain from this and your HCs agreed and we all went back to normal until APP pulled its stunts.

Now I understand being an alliance HC i have access to a bit more information than you but maybe your right maybe im completely wrong

I really dont get why everyone has to pump everything up whats wrong with the truth or atleast knowing what you are talking about?
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 22:28   #34
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
lol TGV has been on less than 50 members for most of the round, less than DFWTK, HR and Ult...
My bad i was more referring to TGV being one of the 'top alliances' with its 4 or 5th rank all round.
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 22:44   #35
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Oh and lets get one thing perfectly understood here

ND and CT have crashed well over 15 mil value each I think APP is probably even over that

I hate to bring that to light but considering the incs we had ND is still the reason ND isn't in the number one spot right now.

this isnt taking into account who was def/att ect think half of APPs were questionable def lands tho.
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 22:57   #36
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

So now your blaming your members inability to wake up before landing for losing the round??

May i point out that unless its was crashes from your top ranking members that any score loss would have been swallowed up by 51st place slipping in to count to score and not really have been noticable - expect that you would have some ships missing when you needed to defend

Every round in recent pa history that you have lead for the most part you have lost - the one round you didnt you won - how about you try and go back to that tactic rather than 'grazing' nub roids to make yourselves fat.
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 23:16   #37
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:

ND def has not hit LOWER or NEUTRAL GALAXIES ... for you to say this you are ignorant because ND (when gal raiding) hit a top 10 (usually top 5) galaxy EVERY day. So please clean the korsan out of your ears and GET A CLUE.
my gal was ranked 28th when nd hit it ,

but lets not let that get in the way of a great piece of fiction

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2011, 23:22   #38
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Quote:
So now your blaming your members inability to wake up before landing for losing the round??

May i point out that unless its was crashes from your top ranking members that any score loss would have been swallowed up by 51st place slipping in to count to score and not really have been noticable - expect that you would have some ships missing when you needed to defend

Every round in recent pa history that you have lead for the most part you have lost - the one round you didnt you won - how about you try and go back to that tactic rather than 'grazing' nub roids to make yourselves fat.
Yes your right let me take the advise of kaiba, who has no matter or impact in PA aside fromt he time he was in ND b4 we kicked him back into meaninglessness ... even at his prime leader of HeX he still mattered not to PA.

I'm on it, haters gonna hate.
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 03:31   #39
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
how about you try and go back to that tactic rather than 'grazing' nub roids to make yourselves fat.
It's "grassing", noob!

Remember that?

Quote:
Yes your right let me take the advise of kaiba, who has no matter or impact in PA aside fromt he time he was in ND b4 we kicked him back into meaninglessness ... even at his prime leader of HeX he still mattered not to PA.

I'm on it, haters gonna hate.
Carrying a discussion to a personal assault always is a proof of being right and makes you look much more intelligent!

And...

Unread 11 Dec 2011, 03:52   #40
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

there is nothing personal about it you flatter yourselves too much commoners
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 09:16   #41
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

ill contradict 1 ct officers voice by saying ND early round was CT's most hostile but he is right in saying it changed nd played well but crashed alot as usual which nd has to take into account that they know they will crash alot of score every round so thats why they did hit a top gal and 2 smaller gals as if my intel is not mistaken they had battlegroups this round taking a gal each etc and it worked very well for them ult deserve the win but if nd or ct win they deserve it also hell if apprime pulled a magic score boost out there arse they deserve it its been a very competitive round regardless been plenty of action from what i seen nd trying to change has been the nicest thing i seen in pa for along time

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 09:51   #42
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

demort, use . , ? ! : and ; pls

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 10:36   #43
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

Quote:
I have always used farming as a term when bigger players/alliances graze easy income from smaller targets instead of testing themselves against those the same size.
You are aware of the alliance points column on the universe page, yeah?
Might be worthwhile comparing some of those...
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 10:51   #44
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
You are aware of the alliance points column on the universe page, yeah?
Might be worthwhile comparing some of those...

Yet again its something that can be skewed by war - if you get lolwaved and once there eta 4 2/3rds of the fleets pull off to get the best possible land then the defenders will receive a big alliance points boost for all the recalls - it doesnt show that you were goodif anything it shows that your def was so weak that attackers were able to pull off to get bigger score boosts from landing.

It also works offensively in that you will lolwave higher ranking planets in war - most sides biggest players get roided to buggery in this time which provide giant point boosts also - plus waging a war/gangbang session against some near you for 1 week out of 7 will skew the points you accquire.

Im not saying ND wasnt in wars against those around it what i am saying is that that makes up less than a third of the nights they raided - the majority were spent GRAZING smaller galaxies for easy roids - a cowards tactic
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 10:59   #45
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

Quote:
the majority were spent GRAZING smaller galaxies for easy roids
I think that all of the players and alliances in the game have been hitting lower planets as the majority of their attacks.

Unless you are constantly getting escorted by bigger planets to targets larger than yourself (which doesn't exactly require a lot of skill or bravery) you aren't going to get very far are you?

So why single out one alliance for this? Especially when the alliance points column clearly proves (whether it can be skewed or not) that there are far better targets for your righteous indignation than ND.
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 11:15   #46
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I am amused that you chose to mention his time spent in ND as a means to belittle Kaiba's achievements. Aren't you in ND?

Quote:
Unless you are constantly getting escorted by bigger planets to targets larger than yourself (which doesn't exactly require a lot of skill or bravery) you aren't going to get very far are you?
Teamups. Faking.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 11:21   #47
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Teamups. Faking.
Good point. However, if we are discussing "cowardly tactics" at what point does a large number of small planets working together to bring down a bigger planet become "cowardly" (particularly if they are below the targets bash limit or most of the members of his alliance) ?

If we are talking about attacking planets with lower capabilities than yourself, do we include amps and distorters?

Im not making a judgement about which of these tactics are acceptable or not.
I'm merely trying to lampoon Kaibas peculiar value system which some might argue (with much justification) is a "cowardly tactic" in itself.
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 11:34   #48
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I am amused that you chose to mention his time spent in ND as a means to belittle Kaiba's achievements. Aren't you in ND?
The funnier thing is that he now likes to say how they unceremoniously booted me out... what he doesnt mention is that himself and some of the others didnt want to kick me at all and actually fought to keep me there
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 12:03   #49
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Good point. However, if we are discussing "cowardly tactics" at what point does a large number of small planets working together to bring down a bigger planet become "cowardly" (particularly if they are below the targets bash limit or most of the members of his alliance) ?

If we are talking about attacking planets with lower capabilities than yourself, do we include amps and distorters?
By those standards, only people who never land can be called brave. When you attack someone who's smaller than you, you're a coward. If you fake someone who's dumber than you, you're a coward. If you team up with 4 others to gang up on a bigger target, you're a coward. If you attack a galaxy that is already out of ships to defend against you, you're a coward. If you're intentionally staying small to attack people you would otherwise not be able to hit, you're a coward.

It gets on my nerves when people make up rules for themselves, because they inevitably turn around and decry those who didn't get the memo. It's one of the more serious faults in human nature. I think X, so X must be true/right/just, so if you don't think X, you must be a terrible person. In PA, it also happens every time you do something no one has done before. Dead give-aways of excessive moralizing are when people start using phrases like "you're supposed to" or "you shouldn't".

Because here's the thing: we already have a set of rules, which explain which things are illegal, as well as a number of mechanics that make certain actions not just illegal, but impossible. Those are the only things that restrict our actions. Beyond that, if you want to win, all's fair in love and war. PA has plenty of both.

Quote:
Im not making a judgement about which of these tactics are acceptable or not.
I guess most of what I wrote above isn't actually a reply to you, then.

Oh well.

Quote:
I'm merely trying to lampoon Kaibas peculiar value system which some might argue (with much justification) is a "cowardly tactic" in itself.
That's a pretty subtle burn. I approve.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2011, 12:06   #50
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
So why single out one alliance for this? Especially when the alliance points column clearly proves (whether it can be skewed or not) that there are far better targets for your righteous indignation than ND.
Because i get annoyed by certain elements within NewDawn that ruin their alliances chances every round with egomanical ideas and beliefs.

The community in NewDawn is amazing, they have really good players and a great togetherness as a group, they have players more than capable of consistently finishing top 50 every round. Some of the HC team are brilliant at what they do, Catwoman runs a tight ship on intel and scanning meaning they have a brilliant base to work from, Deadman was/is an awesome Head DC (i dont know if he still runs defence) even DZ for the most part runs a sensible level headed approach to politics to ensure ND dont get pulled into stuff they dont need to.

But then on the flipside you have people such as ManiacMagic, in the 200 ticks i was there with him he had this bloody minded approach to warring Apprime, every galaxy we hit had to be an APP galaxy, there was no need to go after Apprime, he had just decided he wanted to attack them. Irritational moves such as this are bad for the alliance as they always come back to bite you. Im not saying dont go to war or dont attack other alliances but atleast have a sensible reason for doing so instead of 'because i can!'. When your one of the bigger tags you need to play the game sensibly with a 300-400 tick insight of what your actions might do, especially as a BC, political HC, you need to keep yourself looking the good guy, be the ones who were wronged and are just fighting back and most of all DONT LETS THINGS FROM PREVIOUS ROUNDS AFFECT THE CURRENT ROUND!!

Within its playerbase NewDawn has the potential to dominate PA every round, what it needs to do is remove the bad eggs and the destructive egos and then maybe it can start to realise that potential. Remove the whimisical nature backstabbing and warring random alliances for 'shits and giggles' and maybe they can start to taste glory on a regular basis again.

I know this wont happen and most likely certain ND ppl will set about flaming me for this post, but hopefully some of the decent guys will know what i say is true and will push towards it happening... i can only hope...