User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:01   #151
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alliance Size for next round

mz: about ure saying we had 4 75-80 man alliances last round.. yeah we had but they had close to zero impact on the round overall

asc had 76 - half of em inactive as u said and not competitive
ct had 79 - 113mill away from #1, not even close to competitive
oddr had 67 - reading that one is due to quite decent membercound as well.. still not even close to competitive

so i stand to my sentence that - we have no competetive tags apart from 1 or max 2 in a round

also the asc inactive part that i was wrong with something.. erm i wasnt.. asc is just the alliance where casual and hardcore ppl meet up then i guess.. i was just refering that if tag is dropped to 40 and nd decides to kick 40 of their so called casual members then there will most definately be a place for em in other alliances.. also the ones that will get formed
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:03   #152
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Seriously? Two rounds ago we had a round where 4 different alliances held the top spot at one point or another and where there actually were five realistic contenders for #1.

Alliance tag size is not related to the number of alliances playing the round. Alliance tag size is not related to the competitiveness of the round. This is the reality of the situation.
that was indeed a very very very nice round.. ive never tryed to remember any rankings in planetarion from previous rounds so i might be wrong in this, but.. wasnt this kinda something that dosent happen very often at all?
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:05   #153
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
mz: about ure saying we had 4 75-80 man alliances last round.. yeah we had but they had close to zero impact on the round overall

oddr had 67 - reading that one is due to quite decent membercound as well.. still not even close to competitive

so i stand to my sentence that - we have no competetive tags apart from 1 or max 2 in a round
Except if your memory is actually longer than 3 months.

Quote:
also the asc inactive part that i was wrong with something.. erm i wasnt.. asc is just the alliance where casual and hardcore ppl meet up then i guess.. i was just refering that if tag is dropped to 40 and nd decides to kick 40 of their so called casual members then there will most definately be a place for em in other alliances.. also the ones that will get formed
No, a lot of those members are very much ND members who want to stay with their alliance. They're probably as likely to quit as to join another actual alliance. Also who will do all this forming of alliances? I'm in an alliance of 80 or 90 people at the minute and we can't find new people willing to do the absolute basics in terms of simply moving up a level.
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:11   #154
neroon

well i could at least think of 3-4 ppl that would be interested in forming an alliance.. i think there are ppl out there thinking of this, i cant assure that the quality of the new formed alliances would be worthy to nd/asc/app tho

but seriously, im not trying to fight u guys here or argue that if u do not reduce tags then this is the end and ure all idiots or whatever..

thats just the way id love to see it personally, a bit more smaller groups which in my opinion would leave breathing room for new projects to form as well, and liven things up in planetarion universe
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:11   #155
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
that was indeed a very very very nice round.. ive never tryed to remember any rankings in planetarion from previous rounds so i might be wrong in this, but.. wasnt this kinda something that dosent happen very often at all?
Well r30, 100 man tags, saw 4 different alliances in the top spot as well. Of course r31, 90 man tags, saw only 2. Round 28, 75 man tags, only saw 1 (bar a few ticks). Round 25, with 60, also saw 4. It's just not dependent on tag sizes.
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:14   #156
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
(red).. i think there are ppl out there thinking of this, i cant assure that the quality of the new formed alliances would be worthy to nd/asc/app tho (...)
You manage to disqualify your own 'authority' on alliances by putting ND, App and Asc on the same level.
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:14   #157
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
well i could at least think of 3-4 ppl that would be interested in forming an alliance.. i think there are ppl out there thinking of this, i cant assure that the quality of the new formed alliances would be worthy to nd/asc/app tho
In general it has been shown that forming a new, competitive alliance is pretty difficult. The only ones who've survived more than a couple of rounds are Ascendancy and Apprime. Most other competitive alliances at all are well established alliances.

Quote:
thats just the way id love to see it personally, a bit more smaller groups which in my opinion would leave breathing room for new projects to form as well, and liven things up in planetarion universe
Sure. That sounds great. Everyone would enjoy more excitement (virtually by definition of the word). But a) new projects largely suck and last a round or two max b) lowering tag limits is no guarantee that new projects will form and c) lowering tag limits may have an adverse effect on existing alliances.
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 18:56   #158
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Im just not following your logic? Lets take your ND analogy...

Before Tag Drop: ND is 1 competitive alliance with casual and hardcore players.
After Tag Drop: ND is 1 competitive alliance, a casual alliance is also formed (best case scenario).

See the problem? you've got the same number of actives playing, they're just in an alliance where there is no room for casuals. You arnt increasing competition as the casual alliance would just get absolutly owned as theres no actives there to cover them or even HC, DC, BC for them, let alone have enough for scanner coverage.

All you're doing is making it harder for casual players to join alliances, you're relegating them to the bottom.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 19:09   #159
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Light the problem that is happening is that once those tag drop from ND other BG groups of good players that normally couldn't compete for #1 because of member count now can, as for those tagless ex-nders they will have no trouble finding an alliance there are tons of HC's not playing because of life or what ever reason that if asked im sure would step back into the scene. I'd also say that some of them have aspired to working with there own alliances. Its ALot easier to start a 20-40 man tag than say a 50-80 man tag. 7:1 is a good ratio for playersfficers.

But this will never happen because people like JBG, Light, Knight etc will flame about it all the time because they like there 80 man tags which stagnate rounds with 1-2 alliances being competitive. Mostly because of member counts.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 19:28   #160
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Christ almighty man, have you read the thread!?!?
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 20:26   #161
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
You manage to disqualify your own 'authority' on alliances by putting ND, App and Asc on the same level.
Certainly correct about that since Apprime are playing shite these days
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 20:55   #162
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Light the problem that is happening is that once those tag drop from ND other BG groups of good players that normally couldn't compete for #1 because of member count now can, as for those tagless ex-nders they will have no trouble finding an alliance there are tons of HC's not playing because of life or what ever reason that if asked im sure would step back into the scene. I'd also say that some of them have aspired to working with there own alliances. Its ALot easier to start a 20-40 man tag than say a 50-80 man tag. 7:1 is a good ratio for playersfficers.

But this will never happen because people like JBG, Light, Knight etc will flame about it all the time because they like there 80 man tags which stagnate rounds with 1-2 alliances being competitive. Mostly because of member counts.
k then, lets take this round:
NFI, NewDawn, Asc, Conspiracy, ODDR and The Horde were all within 10 members of each at the end of the round. So these are the alliances stagnating the round due to too many members?

Now, lets look at the alliances which were so strong but just couldnt get enough members:
Apprime: Finished 4th, and were strong enough to influence politics and war, they were weaker due to being more casual, not due to the tag limit.
Osiris: They folded mid-round, turned completly casual. Lower tag limit would of forced an even early disbandment when members quit/left/went inactive.
Howling Rain: Are you trying to imply the only thing holding Howling rain back from being competitive is that they was lacking 20 members? lol.
HeX: Ive no idea about HeX but i'll presume they arnt as active as the top alliances.
Rock/xVx: training alliances, even when they have the membercount they should avoid politics. I still firmly believe that Rock getting involved in the Denial war caused the disbandment as newbs just cant take the punishment of war.
Vengeance: The only alliance which would probably benefit from the reduced membertag. Doubt they'd suddenly become viable for #1 but they'd be alot stronger.

I just dont see where this extra competition is going to come from? We'll still have the same number of 'active' alliances and the casual alliances while being even on members, cant compete as they could get overwelmed so easily. The rounds dont get stagnate due to member counts, they get stagnated when politics goes wrong or wars end too quickly with the winning block refusing to turn on each other. which no matter the tag size, will still happen.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 22:45   #163
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

Halving the alliances isn't going to create more competitive alliances. I'll explain what would happen using CT as my example.

CT has about 30-40 solid, active members. We have trouble competing because out of those 30-40 members we have trouble getting enough DC, BC etc. Each round, at about tick 300, someone gets frustrated with sucking and finally steps up to carry the alliance on his shoulders. Then that person burns out and quits at the end of the round.

By halving CT, you wouldn't create a more competitive alliance. You'd get one alliance worse than it is now, and force a bunch of people to quit. If we have trouble getting people to fill officer positions with 80 members, we'd have even more with 40 members, and we'd be a less competitive alliance. And, the 40 we would kick would be the 40 least likely to step up and run an alliance. Rather than form a new alliance, they would, I predict, quit. Maybe a few would find a new home in some crummy alliance, but many would just quit.

I know I would quit if I got kicked. I don't want to play in some shit alliance that averages 1 mil score at the end of the round. And I work a full time job, so I log on each morning to check my planet, and I log on each night to launch attacks and def. That doesn't leave any time to start a new alliance. I finish in CT's top 5 almost every round, so I'm definitely helping make it as competitive as it is. But without decent officership, there wouldn't be anyone to use my skill and marginal activity to its full advantage, thereby making a 40 member CT less competitive than the 80 member CT.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 22:50   #164
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowch View Post
Halving the alliances isn't going to create more competitive alliances. I'll explain what would happen using CT as my example.

CT has about 30-40 solid, active members. We have trouble competing because out of those 30-40 members we have trouble getting enough DC, BC etc. Each round, at about tick 300, someone gets frustrated with sucking and finally steps up to carry the alliance on his shoulders. Then that person burns out and quits at the end of the round.

By halving CT, you wouldn't create a more competitive alliance. You'd get one alliance worse than it is now, and force a bunch of people to quit. If we have trouble getting people to fill officer positions with 80 members, we'd have even more with 40 members, and we'd be a less competitive alliance. And, the 40 we would kick would be the 40 least likely to step up and run an alliance. Rather than form a new alliance, they would, I predict, quit. Maybe a few would find a new home in some crummy alliance, but many would just quit.

I know I would quit if I got kicked. I don't want to play in some shit alliance that averages 1 mil score at the end of the round. And I work a full time job, so I log on each morning to check my planet, and I log on each night to launch attacks and def. That doesn't leave any time to start a new alliance. I finish in CT's top 5 almost every round, so I'm definitely helping make it as competitive as it is. But without decent officership, there wouldn't be anyone to use my skill and marginal activity to its full advantage, thereby making a 40 member CT less competitive than the 80 member CT.
Thank you!

Someone with reason who is not Asc!

(albeit CT, that is strange!)

still <3
Unread 5 Oct 2010, 23:36   #165
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Rock/xVx: training alliances, even when they have the membercount they should avoid politics. I still firmly believe that Rock getting involved in the Denial war caused the disbandment as newbs just cant take the punishment of war.
Training - hehe
Not that I think we played a huge political role or ever will. Calling a 10 man tag training alliance is silly

Quote:
I just dont see where this extra competition is going to come from? We'll still have the same number of 'active' alliances and the casual alliances while being even on members, cant compete as they could get overwelmed so easily. The rounds dont get stagnate due to member counts, they get stagnated when politics goes wrong or wars end too quickly with the winning block refusing to turn on each other. which no matter the tag size, will still happen.
I do believe that it will be the usual suspects winning rounds, as they will have most active members regardless of tag size and most experienced HCs to steer politics in the right way.
The increased competition is more in the way that the political landscape gets more diverse. Since the distribution of active players and therefor available fleets would be inevitably evened out with smaller tags, more alliances can play a substantial role and we might even see situation with 3 different blocks competing.
In any way it would be much more difficult to win wars early as relevant counter-blocks can be formed more easily.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 07:28   #166
neroon

Quote:
k then, lets take this round:
NFI, NewDawn, Asc, Conspiracy, ODDR and The Horde were all within 10 members of each at the end of the round. So these are the alliances stagnating the round due to too many members?
No, these are the alliances of which only 2 mattered last round and were somewhat competitive (mostly due to naping each other) for roundwin, others were shit and couldnt kill off the masses of nfi and nd..

Quote:
Let me try and spell it out for u again dear Light.

Extra competition will come from new born alliances (like NFI was last round for instance, or the 1st round of Osiris or Euphoria). New alliances will be formed, thats a fact, as ppl now have real possibility to play along for good rankings tagwise..

Active members WILL get more mixed up to diffrent alliances (thats also a fact; guess asc might still have their idle and active part in but alliances like ct and nd, etc will have ppl that are asked to join new projects and they most definately will join em)

Active members gettin more mixed up in the uni = casual players will have a bit more easy time to get into good alliances as well to prove emselves, if not then they will always have a place in some of the relaxed alliances like HR or ROCK..

Everyone will have their place and i refuse to belive that ND and CT memberbase is so core that if some, a bit more idle ppl, are gonna get removed, then they will quit the game overall :P I think thats BS, however im not saying we might not have one or two ppl doing that

key points:
a)we will have more alliances and u can be sure that we will have a % of these new alliances competitive to roundwin
b)every sort of player in planetarion will have its place to play; weather ure casual or hardcore, there will be a perfect alliance for you
c)Light, extra competition should come from all above (and please do not say in ure next post again that there is going to be no new alliances formed or that everything stays the same; it wont stay the same)

PS: Also, one very important thing, this is not meant to happen all in ONE round, as thats too little time..
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 07:41   #167
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If the game is in its current state it is mainly because PA Team listened to them... the fear of losing 40 old players is stronger than the hope of getting hundreds of new ones. That's the story of the snake biting its tail.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 08:12   #168
neroon

I doubt its JBG, Light or Knight to blame for planetarion of today hehe, thats not the case.. if anything they have given quite alot of ideas to try and fix some things instead of killing planetarion off.. a bit harsh to blame em here in this case imo
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 10:00   #169
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Light I agree. But for the rest the influence of Asc on the forums and on PA Team has led to the current state of the game.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 10:16   #170
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Knight
This confused the hell out of me. His nick is "Theam", not "Knight".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Light I agree. But for the rest the influence of Asc on the forums and on PA Team has led to the current state of the game.
Or maybe they just think you're wrong.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 10:28   #171
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

If for some reason some skilled leaders wanted to create an alliance, there's absolutely nothing stopping them, even without any tag limit what so ever. NFI managed to draw people from damn near every alliance, because the leadership were capable of attracting people to play for them. The tag limit is simply not the impediment, it's the fact that there are no capable leaders around, and why would there be? The work involved in creating a good alliance (hint: my idea of good is a lot higher quality than what we have these days in any alliance in PA) is just not worth the effort, because the returns on superior activity and organization are simply non-existent.

Could I keep NFI running for another round? Sure. Would I, even if I had the time to spare? Hell no.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 10:38   #172
Makhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Or maybe they just think you're wrong.
Facts didn't prove you* right, that's for sure.

* the gang
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 10:46   #173
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Facts didn't prove you* right, that's for sure.

* the gang
hurr durr durr.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 10:47   #174
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
Training - hehe
Not that I think we played a huge political role or ever will. Calling a 10 man tag training alliance is silly
I took a glance at the final rankings and thought you had 30 members must of read it wrong but Night-Sky said you're not a training alliance anymore, so got that wrong as well

Quote:
I do believe that it will be the usual suspects winning rounds, as they will have most active members regardless of tag size and most experienced HCs to steer politics in the right way.
The increased competition is more in the way that the political landscape gets more diverse. Since the distribution of active players and therefor available fleets would be inevitably evened out with smaller tags, more alliances can play a substantial role and we might even see situation with 3 different blocks competing.
In any way it would be much more difficult to win wars early as relevant counter-blocks can be formed more easily.
Active players wont go into different alliances, most alliances only have 40-50 members they consider active.. so they'd get to stay in there original alliance. Its the casuals and semi-actives which would be kicked, where they arnt active enough to step-up and HC/DC/BC and most actives now dont want to HC/DC/BC in there decent alliance let alone setup a alliance for casuals and put the time in for it.

CT and NFI just outlined what we've been trying to say and Asc has said is the same problem in there alliance. With 80 people, its hard to find people to step up to furfil the alliance roles and then its even harder to find people who are good/active enough to do the job properly let alone if you lower it to 40.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 10:52   #175
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
No, these are the alliances of which only 2 mattered last round and were somewhat competitive (mostly due to naping each other) for roundwin, others were shit and couldnt kill off the masses of nfi and nd..
So they were shit and it had nothing to do with the tag limit.

I mean, we now have CT/NFI/ASC alliances saying how difficult it is to find HC's/DC's and BC's. Yet, you ignore all those points and say 'they will come from somewhere'.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 11:05   #176
neroon

Quote:
Active players wont go into different alliances, most alliances only have 40-50 members they consider active.. so they'd get to stay in there original alliance. Its the casuals and semi-actives which would be kicked, where they arnt active enough to step-up and HC/DC/BC and most actives now dont want to HC/DC/BC in there decent alliance let alone setup a alliance for casuals and put the time in for it.
how the heck can u say they wont go to different alliances if they do it right now??? how did nfi form? how has any other new alliance formed? ppl get poached and join to other groups for something new or just do that cos they have some friends group joining in, etc..

u cant argue against that.. every alliance that has been around for a long period of time in planetarion (nd, ct, app and even asc) has ppl that wont join anything else than the alliance they have been past what 10 rounds.. but every alliance that i counted above has lots of good and so called hardcore members that are changing their alliances from time to time.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 11:07   #177
neroon

Quote:
I mean, we now have CT/NFI/ASC alliances saying how difficult it is to find HC's/DC's and BC's. Yet, you ignore all those points and say 'they will come from somewhere'.
im not ignoring the point, yes they are hard to find, but every newly formed alliance has em right? so i cant see any problem with that
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 11:12   #178
neroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
If for some reason some skilled leaders wanted to create an alliance, there's absolutely nothing stopping them, even without any tag limit what so ever. NFI managed to draw people from damn near every alliance, because the leadership were capable of attracting people to play for them. The tag limit is simply not the impediment, it's the fact that there are no capable leaders around, and why would there be? The work involved in creating a good alliance (hint: my idea of good is a lot higher quality than what we have these days in any alliance in PA) is just not worth the effort, because the returns on superior activity and organization are simply non-existent.
to be able to win a round these days u need close to full tag of competent ppl.. reqruiting 80 able ppl with the playerpool planetarion has atm is quite hard (tho yes, not impossible as nfi showed last round)..

so id say theres a thing stopping ppl to form new alliance as they cba to put work into something that will never have a chance to run for top, unless ure able to poach the best of the rest from other alliances playing

so again, in my eyes dramaticly reduced alliance size could/might lead to more easily formed able alliance, that is capable for top spots, and therefore ppl could be more up for trying that shit
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 11:27   #179
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Could you perhaps elaborate how we went about ruining the game?

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 13:07   #180
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Ruiners ruin everything ?

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 13:52   #181
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
There's multiple things which ruined the game, the main being the lack of time the PA Team have which isnt the PA Team's fault either as they're voluntry. If you havent noticed, there hasnt been been any major gameplay change except for formula tweaks for years.

The other thing which ruined the game was #alliances, not any individual or single alliance but every alliance.

Asc generally have the voice on the forums but this is an open debate forum where anyone can post there views. Mz, JBG and afew others engage in debate and discuss suggestions or changes with intelligent and thought out remarks, if the PA Team decide that there argument for or against change is better, its not there fault its actually yours for not putting up a better argument. The only real problem i have with Asc posters are the ones which dont engage in debate but just load up a thread (which is probably being discussed or linked in there channel) and post a troll remark then leave but they arnt having an effect on the game just lowering the tone of the forums.

and i wouldnt throw everyone who argues on these forums in the same catagory, like what just happend saying Me, JBG and Mz are ruining the game. We like to post on these forums and generally debate things, some of the time we agree and other times were on completly opposite sides. Infact, just a short time ago, i made JBG emo on these forums As far as tag limit goes, i think were all on the side that its a bad idea but JBG has posted that he wouldnt mind it (but presume he also wouldnt recommend it).

Quote:
im not ignoring the point, yes they are hard to find, but every newly formed alliance has em right? so i cant see any problem with that
So we'd have the same amount of newly formed alliances as we have now There isnt a backlog of players willing to step up, infact theres a shortage.

You seem to be under the impression that if someone wants to form a new alliance, they will need to find 79 other decent players to join them and this is stopping all new alliances. When the reality is, most alliances are formed with a core of 20-30 players, then they poach as many actives as possible up so they have 40-50 players. Alliances can start the round with 40-50 players and do well, if they're active and decent players then they'll do extremly well and other actives will shipjump during the round or they can just fill the rest of the numbers up with casuals/semi-actives depending on what they want.

With 40 man tags, you still need to get the core of 20-30 players and fill the rest of the spots with other active players. It becomes more vital that all your members are active if the tag is 40, as you need each one to be online every night to cover the incomings.
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 14:43   #182
neroon

i think i will try and not post anything anymore concerning the tagsizes as it seems i cant make others understand what exactly i have in mind with my poor english

one last thing to Light, yes i got the impression that u described and yes if someone wants to do well these days (doing well in my eyes would include having a chance for top finish) they need to get a close to full tag

having smaller alliances would make it more easy to form em and carry the new born projects to top, if thats what the founder aims ofc

and yes, we might have the same amount of new formed alliances, im not saying that if u change the tagsize to 40 for the upcoming round then there would be 5 new projects running in.. im confident it wouldnt happen and that the new alliances would be like 1-2 as a count.. however the new tagsize would make them more able to compete imo and more chance that gamplay, from universe alliance point of view, would change in better direction.

again, what im aiming here is that we have far too few players playing the game, hence the pool to get players to alliance is pretty small.. in all that i think it would benefit the game if we made the alliance part smaller as well, which hopefully would give us more diversity

the way i see the upcoming rounds with 70-100 member tags is that theres 1 or 2 so called superalliances that will, at least hopefully, battle the round out between emselves.. time has shown tho that this might not be a case and if those 2 "superalliances" join their forces then others have nothing else to do than just sit next to the playground, get smacked and wait for a new round to start already

i know u would reply that its their own fault (other alliances sitting next to the playground) that they are not good enough to actually do something about the 1-2 superalliances, but thats the case.. we dont have enough decent ppl to pick to give enough competition
Unread 6 Oct 2010, 16:52   #183
WallBiter
The Holy Fool

WallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura about

Last edited by WallBiter; 6 Oct 2010 at 17:15.
WallBiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 00:14   #184
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Bump

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 00:23   #185
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Urgh.
Unread 11 May 2012, 00:32   #186
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

alliance size isn't the problem, stats are!

ults continue to win with fewer members each round, all you will be doing is forcing alliances to drop certain players and not have the ability to try out newbs or late starts/defectors.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 01:11   #187
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

dont even start this debate again.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 02:19   #188
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Gm stats have 0 to do with anything in this game. Politics controls everything and part of politics is knowing your player base. Ultores wins because honestly they have the best player base. If alliances like DLR and DFWTK were able to come close to alliance limit(s) I'm sure they would be bigger contenders. But because your a baby and don't actually understand that the stats Do not dictate how politics works, You(HC) dictate who wins each round. Obviously the system we have isnt working because Ult now has 4 round wins in a row under there belt.

I've said it before and ill repeat it:
Max alliance size: 50
Counting alliance memebers: 40
Unread 11 May 2012, 02:24   #189
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
I've said it before and ill repeat it:
Max alliance size: 50
Counting alliance memebers: 40
Why? What makes you think that change will improve things?

On second thoughts, please don't answer that - I can't cope with another meaningless discussion on this subject.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 09:42   #190
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

@GM

You are saying that the best 30 in CT wouldn't be able to compete with the best 30 in ultores? That is so sad....

I will state quite confidently here that the best 30 in Apprime could compete with any 30 who currently play pa.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 09:51   #191
neroon

and the never ending discussion once again commences..

im pro for 30-40 man tags, but im quite sure that it never happens since so many are somehow against it and it seems that pa-crew does not want to do unpopular decisions that could help the game.

that said, good luck with the current not working system and continue to bang ure heads against the brick wall
Unread 11 May 2012, 10:00   #192
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

In what way is the current system not working? We've just had a round that went to the last week with 3 alliances still in the running to win.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 10:39   #193
neroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
In what way is the current system not working? We've just had a round that went to the last week with 3 alliances still in the running to win.
we`ve had a round with 2 out of 3 biggest alliances gangbanging the third one the good part of the round.. nothing has changed in the bigger picture in the political landscape and its overall dull..

personally, id try to move the game a bit more away from the alliances and put the main attraction to galaxy and cluster play.. smaller allytags also come in to play with such a thing
Unread 11 May 2012, 11:03   #194
Illusion
Sex, Drugs & ROCK'n'roll

Illusion is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
personally, id try to move the game a bit more away from the alliances and put the main attraction to galaxy and cluster play..
Wouldnt that be great? What is your thoughts regarding removal of alliance rankings?
Round 37-40: HeX DC
Round 41-42: ROCK DC/BC
Round 43: p3nguins
Round 44-49: Ultores
Round 50-56: ROCK HC
Round 57: Ultores
Round 58: p3nguins
Round 59: ROCK HC
Round 60-63: Astatores
Round 64-72: Retirement
Round 73-76: Astatores
Round 77-94: Retirement
Round 95-98: Phoenix
Round 99-101: ODDR
Round 102: Wildcards
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 11:12   #195
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Wouldnt that be great? What is your thoughts regarding removal of alliance rankings?
that for sure would be better than reducing the damn limits.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2012, 11:36   #196
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
we`ve had a round with 2 out of 3 biggest alliances gangbanging the third one the good part of the round..
Taking into consideration that the third still won, what, in your opinion, should they have done instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
What is your thoughts regarding removal of alliance rankings?
I'd be interested in seeing this for a round.
Unread 11 May 2012, 14:47   #197
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

You know perfectly well that removing in-game alliance rankings would make no difference. We all know which alliances won the rounds prior to the introduction of in-game rankings and we'll also know who wins future rounds. In fact this idea would also go part of the way towards removing alliance limits - with the obvious exception of any ETA bonus for defence.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 11 May 2012, 15:52   #198
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I had a really good reason for wanting to try that... but I forgot what it was.

[edit] Found it!
Unread 11 May 2012, 18:41   #199
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Yes, that would work - and might even be interesting.

I'd enjoy watching all the proponents of smaller tags spitting feathers at the "unintended consequences" though.