User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 22 Jun 2010, 13:55   #51
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: PA Multihunters - Bringing back the lols

Oh, glad to see it isn't Hosies rulername / planetname that's causing the downtime!

No seriously, if the galaxy in question had reported the bug and left it with the first 1m donation I could've accepted it as okay but the second 49m donation just makes it utterly ridiculous. And yeah that doesn't have anything to do with me being Ascendancy, it's just (I'd hope) common sense. Bug abuse is crossing a line, and I think it's fair to call it that given 2 donations and the fact that the resources appear to have been spent. If they get away with it I'd be disappointed.

Also while I didn't personally find Hosies fleetname offensive except for the part where he thinks the sport is called soccer, it's not as if the multihunters haven't reacted to what's been percieved as homophobic names before so guess he could've seen it coming somehow. The only problem with the whole thing is how it's not really consistent (Which I guess is because most people aren't offended and don't report), seeing as people get away with worse names. I'd also like to mention that Hosie finally had to rename his planet today. What's weird is that it was reported already at tick 13 or so, and not changed then, and yes I can see how people would find it offensive. Consistency please! Players have a right to know what to expect to be okay or not.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 13:59   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab View Post
Consistency please!
Ah consistency. The one thing that pateam has never managed to find in its bumbling stupidity!
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:03   #53
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

What I do find slightly amusing in all this, is that people are blatantly trying to test the limits of what's wrong and what's not, and when they get "punished" (allbeit in a ridiculus way) they have the audacity to jump up on their fences yelling: "Oh my god, I've been hard done by." and then they later brag about how many times they've been warned for offensive r/p or fleetnames.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:13   #54
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

To be honest I'm fairly sure that with strict and consistent guidelines we'd see a lot more renamings for a while and then the whole "issue" would go away. You could probably reasonably well check R/P with something like a spamfilter specifically tuned for the task at signup and shuffle and catch most of the trash.

I don't really see it is a big issue either way, the community isn't that big and I doubt many people take it seriously, and if they do then they can report it, but like I said above, I think the MH should be consistent about what's considered a naughty name. Now while Theams reporting of Hosie at tick 13 was obviously not "serious" in that he didn't really feel offended, once the planet name was noticed and apparently okayed there shouldn't be second thoughts (Yes, they should've renamed him right away instead of changing their minds weeks later).

Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:18   #55
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Changing his r/p name was more of a retalliation for daring to mock the MHs, that's why the decision was changed.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:19   #56
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab View Post
To be honest I'm fairly sure that with strict and consistent guidelines we'd see a lot more renamings for a while and then the whole "issue" would go away. You could probably reasonably well check R/P with something like a spamfilter specifically tuned for the task at signup and shuffle and catch most of the trash.

I don't really see it is a big issue either way, the community isn't that big and I doubt many people take it seriously, and if they do then they can report it, but like I said above, I think the MH should be consistent about what's considered a naughty name. Now while Theams reporting of Hosie at tick 13 was obviously not "serious" in that he didn't really feel offended, once the planet name was noticed and apparently okayed there shouldn't be second thoughts (Yes, they should've renamed him right away instead of changing their minds weeks later).
Speaking as a player that had : Adolf Histler of My name offends you for a round without getting warned I have to agree with you that it isnt that hard to go through and censor any offensive names.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:20   #57
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoshay View Post
Changing his r/p name was more of a retalliation for daring to mock the MHs, that's why the decision was changed ALLEGEDLY.
Fixed it for ya
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:50   #58
ricoshay

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Fixed it for ya
Who's ass are you trying to kiss? Buttered? Judge? Ace's, in hopes you'll be a MH soon enough?
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:51   #59
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

lets be honest, if you're offended by someones r/p name over the internet, you definitely need to sort your ****ing life out.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 14:57   #60
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Who's ass are you trying to kiss? Buttered? Judge? Ace's, in hopes you'll be a MH soon enough?
Oh yeah, I love sucking up to people in power. My whole life is about that. How did you guess?
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 15:01   #61
ricoshay

Knowing your wife.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 15:50   #62
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
lets be honest, if you're offended by someones r/p name over the internet, you definitely need to sort your ****ing life out.
While I understand what you are driving at, and even to a certain extent agree with you, it is worthwhile remembering that not ALL of the internet is actually /b/.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 15:52   #63
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 16:07   #64
ricoshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
While I understand what you are driving at, and even to a certain extent agree with you, it is worthwhile remembering that not ALL of the internet is actually /b/.
What Alki said is not the only/main issue in this thread. The problem is closing planets for 30 minutes (and possibly screwing over another planet which the closed one was defending - even if that planet happens to be Isil's), poor judgement of fleet names (punishing Hosie because he had "poofs" while letting others get away with far worse), closing the planets because of the owner's attitude (for not accepting the MHs lecture), warnings gave out for the smallest innuendo (Buddah's galname/banner for last round was locked because he had set a Tiger Woods refference/ the galbanner had the guy and a -not naked- chick in it and Butter considered it to be offending to women), coming back on a decision for hosie's r/p name after apparently one was made after t13 when it first got reported and, above all, the MHs crappy attitude towards players (CUSTOMERS, GUYS, CUSTOMERS).

And, on a side note, the rest of the PA Team isn't much more oriented towards the player (YES, STILL, THE CUSTOMER) either.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 16:34   #65
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
What I do find slightly amusing in all this, is that people are blatantly trying to test the limits of what's wrong and what's not, and when they get "punished" (allbeit in a ridiculus way) they have the audacity to jump up on their fences yelling: "Oh my god, I've been hard done by." and then they later brag about how many times they've been warned for offensive r/p or fleetnames.
It's a natural reaction to censorship. It's someone forcing their morals and beliefs upon the rest of us, until the rule becomes that the lowest common denominator is all that is allowed. In the process, expression and emotion is outlawed, all because of a misguided idea that because you restrict speech, the bad thoughts will also go away. It doesn't work that way.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 17:24   #66
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Your fleets have been renamed. 'POOF goes the wand' 'POOF said the magician' 'cheesy POOFS'

How long till I'm closed?
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 17:49   #67
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

How about POOF The Magic Dragon?
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 18:25   #68
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

If you two get closed I'm quitting.

Edit: Because they're my defense whores - not because I'm emo. Well, also because I'm emo.
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 19:11   #69
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Should Hosie have been warned for the fleet name such as that? Personaly i think not. I find it quite amusing actually.

Should Hosie learn to not be such an abusive person to people? (baring in mind he pretty much has a perminent ban in #planetarion for his usual behavour) Yes deffinatly.

In Conclusion: MH shouldnt of warned him for somthing as stupid as that, however Hosie shouldnt be such a tard/abusive to people in general. So your both in the wrong. Now lets all move on

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 19:26   #70
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Karma can be a smurf, or in this case a MH.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 20:31   #71
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Assassin do you fancy rewriting your post in English please?
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 23:07   #72
JDD
aka Duncan

JDD is an unknown quantity at this point

funny I always remembered "Poof" being a toy company, now its some euro-trash slang for homo's. whats next "Lego's" going to be the next slang for some erotic toy?
[h3lls angels] round 20
[NewDawn] round 25,26,27,29
[Conspiracy] round 40
[NewDawn] round 70 - 73
[DLR] Round 30,31,33 - 39,41 - 46,49,50,74,75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
He's a hick. In charge of an alliance. It's like giving the Dukes of Hazzard a tank division to control.
JDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2010, 23:16   #73
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Ive never understood the MH's attitude towards closing people. They seem to close people for absolutly stupid reasons where they should just be warned or use a hard-coded system to stop the abuse.

Abusive Fleet Names is one such thing which someone should never be closed for, if someone uses an abusive fleet name then they should just have there ability to rename fleets removed (and then removed for every round once the passport system is in place). There is absolutly no reason to ban a player for it and its unjustifiable when the fleetname in question is banned due to the word 'POOF'.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 06:44   #74
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Butter considered it to be offending to women
Is it possible to see this banner somewhere? If you're concerned at getting forum banned for posting a link here you can PM me.

Quote:
And, on a side note, the rest of the PA Team isn't much more oriented towards the player (YES, STILL, THE CUSTOMER) either.
Well the whole purpose of being a multihunter is to obtain power, make sure people notice you have the mentioned power, and then possibly bias a bit towards your friends and family. Granted, the customers aren't always very easy, but it's never been a job to serve anyone but the multihunter him/herself.

Quote:
whats next "Lego's" going to be the next slang for some erotic toy?
Used around here, "Legos", refering to one's teeth.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 07:23   #75
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Closing somebody temporary for that?
Seriously?

I've seen some pretty retarded shit in my time here, but that is an all time low...

Sometimes I really wonder if you have to get a lobotomy to become MH

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 07:25   #76
ricoshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Is it possible to see this banner somewhere? If you're concerned at getting forum banned for posting a link here you can PM me.
Clickie.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 07:33   #77
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Wait. What?
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 09:13   #78
Cain
Awesome

Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

You also get closed for personally insulting lets say person A. person A thinks it's funny but some totally random person B is offended and reports you.
Awesome stuff
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 09:27   #79
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
What Alki said is not the only/main issue in this thread.
Agree totally, which is pretty much why I find the drooling knee jerk "well if people don't want to be offended they shouldn't log on to the interweb!" responses so tedious.

Its the juvenile need of much of this community to constantly try and be "funny" which makes the MH job pretty much impossible.

Of course the MH then compound the problem by being remarkably consistent in their inconsistency.

I also often feel that what is "acceptable" here on the forums is generally a lot closer to the bone than what is acceptable in p/r or fleet names - e.g. if you don't describe things you don't like as "gay" here on the forums it won't be long until someone questions your sexuality, yet its much riskier doing that on your galpic r/p or fleet names.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 09:31   #80
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

haha funny as... and that git banned
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 09:57   #81
VampiriA
Retired

VampiriA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alki View Post
word.

Apprime supreme hc, above MaxMilliaN
VampiriA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 09:57   #82
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
e.g. if you don't describe things you don't like as "gay" here on the forums it won't be long until someone questions your sexuality, yet its much riskier doing that on your galpic r/p or fleet names.

I see. This is an interesting perspective. Does it make the forum moderators more loose by their morals, or the multihunters more strict? Or one of them too strict? Imagine a bunch of fleet names: "Multihunter's", "Female Thing", "A lot of Sand". I'm tempted to sign up an account just to see how long this would fly - I don't think it'd be appreciated.

While you find the "don't get on the internet if you don't want to be offended" argument tedious, I think there needs to be a line drawn in the amount of petty bickering certain parties involved put into censorship. It's a real world out there, and if you get offended by things along the lines of "soccer is for poofs" then for God's sake be sure to have your valium with you if you ever exit your house. I hear worse stuff than that in the resident lunch restaurant.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 10:04   #83
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Ok I had enough of the personal attacks on 1 of my team members.
For the reccord I will not go in to details of cases but I will go in to the incorrect stuff i read here.

For starters Butter wasnt the person that warned/closed/reopened the planet in the first place.
In the banner case.
Banners are checked and discussed in the team (and only a warning was given for this banner).

I find these personal attacks on her way out of line and uncalled for.
If you want to blame someone blame me since I'm the head of that department.
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history

Last edited by Ace; 23 Jun 2010 at 10:26. Reason: fix
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 10:57   #84
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

"hatred" towards Asc ? no, PA is just an online game, I like to provoke Asc on their forum that's all, I enjoy their insults and how fast they react angrily. It seems they put their life in it, I'm impressed and yes I'll never be like them... what a failure.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 11:00   #85
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Ok I had enough of the personal attacks on 1 of my team members.
For the reccord I will not go in to details of cases but I will go in to the incorrect stuff i read here.

For starters Butter wasnt the person that warned/closed/reopened the planet in the first place.
In the banner case.
Banners are checked and discussed in the team (and only a warning was given for this banner).

I find these personal attacks on her way out of line and uncalled for.
If you want to blame someone blame me since I'm the head of that department.
So you're the Raymond Domenech to your French national team

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 11:01   #86
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
So you're the Raymond Domenech to your French national team
Hehe, good one

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 11:26   #87
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab

why does the size of the community matter ? 3, 300 or 3000 ? wheres the cut off point at wether an issue matters or not ?

anyway just to remind the *community* that the MH never comment on anything they take action/inaction on and keep everything they do private and confidential, so when your looking to get an official comment from them, bring a sleeping bag and a very large book, because you'll be here a very long time.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 11:27   #88
ricoshay

Quote:
In the banner case.
I'm sorry to say this, but if that's indeed the case, then you have a serious communication issue going on in your team. Butter justified that by saying it's offensive to women and that's why it was removed (twice). However, if you decide to insist that it was a team decision, I'll post the chatlog when I get home.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 11:32   #89
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm sorry to say this, but if that's indeed the case, then you have a serious communication issue going on in your team. Butter justified that by saying it's offensive to women and that's why it was removed (twice). However, if you decide to insist that it was a team decision, I'll post the chatlog when I get home.

And your point is ?
Banners are checked and if found incorrect it gets discussed in the team.
If decided it needs a warning it gets a warning.
#multihunters
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 11:44   #90
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith View Post
why does the size of the community matter ? 3, 300 or 3000 ? wheres the cut off point at wether an issue matters or not ?
You misunderstand me. My point was that the size of the community actually playing the game makes it very viable to check, via manual labor whether names are to be considered against the rules or not, so this really shouldn't be a big and controversial issue.

We have what, 1000 players or so? It couldn't take more than a few hours at most to go through those. Seriously, the limit for the fields is 20 characters, so it would have to be at most 40 000 characters of text. That's not a whole lot.

Edit: The text above is I'd say something like 500 characters long, so it's about 80 times as much text in the worst case, and there's more than one multihunter.

Last edited by qebab; 23 Jun 2010 at 12:44.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 11:45   #91
nolezy
Class Clown

Quote:
Agree totally, which is pretty much why I find the drooling knee jerk "well if people don't want to be offended they shouldn't log on to the interweb!" responses so tedious.

Its the juvenile need of much of this community to constantly try and be "funny" which makes the MH job pretty much impossible.
Really? You're arguing that "juvenile" people like Hosie are making the MH's jobs "pretty much impossible" by having fleet names that include the word "poof", which is apparently on par with racial slurs and expletives?

Listen to yourself man. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but if you're seriously offended by MOST of the fleet names and p/r names you find in the game, you really need to take a step back and look at your shit.

A week or two ago there was a gal banner that was essentially hardcore porn. Those are the kind of issues that need to be addressed, not people using the term 'poofs' in their fleet names.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 11:46   #92
ricoshay

Quote:
And your point is ?
Banners are checked and if found incorrect it gets discussed in the team.
If decided it needs a warning it gets a warning.
My point is that Butter gave an explanation on it, which I said above. Afterwards, you show up and say it's a team decision. What I think, is that you are trying to cover the ass of someone in your "team".

In regards to the last phrase in your first post, I'm blaming you(your "team") to be incompetent and utterly horrible at your job and communicating to the customers. I base that on this entire thread and the lack of even an apology from you in regards to Hosie's closure.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 11:57   #93
Ace
PA Team

Quote:
My point is that Butter gave an explanation on it, which I said above. Afterwards, you show up and say it's a team decision. What I think, is that you are trying to cover the ass of someone in your "team".

In regards to the last phrase in your first post, I'm blaming you(your "team") to be incompetent and utterly horrible at your job and communicating to the customers. I base that on this entire thread and the lack of even an apology from you in regards to Hosie's closure.
Again.
The banner case is a team decission and if you dont believe that I cant help that.
Discussing cases in "public" isnt something we do since the NDA doesnt allow us too.
And what you base on a thread is your thing, I cant stop you there.
#multihunters
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 12:11   #94
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Again.
The banner case is a team decission and if you dont believe that I cant help that.
Discussing cases in "public" isnt something we do since the NDA doesnt allow us too.
Obviously NDA doesn't allow you to discuss the case in public. However, I'd really expect that the NDA does allow you to convey the reason of a particular warning to a customer (how on earth could a customer know what (s)he did wrong if you weren't allowed to?). From here on, it's the customer's descision whether or not (s)he wants to announce the descision in public. In this case, he's done so.

You're really performing great acts of escapism if you're going the route that you're implying there was more to the deletion of the banner than butter gave out (which would imply that you aren't indeed telling your customers exactly why you're deleting their banners for), or, alternatively, that butter was speaking off her mind (thus implying that the banner wasn't removed for the reason butter gave to the customer, which would then result in a grand act of unprofessional behavior on the side of butter blatantly lying to a customer on a case where the customer's being punished for misbehaviour).

Really, Captain Planet, even with the chivalric rescue vibes, how hard is it to actually convey the customer the actual reason of the punishment (here; removal of the banner), and why isn't a multihunter capable of doing it reliably (here: butter)? You should seriously either consider sacking these completely incompetent multihunters (butter) for not being able to tell the truth to the customers, or revise your NDA (if you're actually not allowed to tell your customer the collective reason to your collective descision).

Phew. God. You'd have career in People's Republic of North Korea.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 12:47   #95
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd say that when a person makes public statements about their closure, that gives the multihunters the permission to comment on the case as well. It's a bit of a thin line to walk, I guess, but correcting inaccurate or false statements should be allowed, while obviously disclosing information unrelated to the statements of the person in question is not done.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 13:39   #96
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolezy View Post
A week or two ago there was a gal banner that was essentially hardcore porn. Those are the kind of issues that need to be addressed, not people using the term 'poofs' in their fleet names.
Yes, it is people like this I am talking about, not Hosie.
The interesting thing, which I would suggest you think about for a while, is that when people like that get closed, the posts condemning the closure read almost EXACTLY like your post directed at me - i.e. "OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE INTERNET, HOW CAN YOU BE OFFENDED BY MY HARDCORE PORN GALPIC?!"

What then happens is someone like Hosie comes along, makes a relatively inoffensive fleet name, launches it at someone who is a bit unhinged and soon there is a MH closing them because well, we cant have people called poofs on the internet.

Tietäjä: regarding your reply to me, I think that both the forum and the game are pretty vague with regard to what is acceptable.

I think the attitude of the forum moderators appears to be that the less moderation that is done the better. Having said this, there is very obviously a line which must not be crossed, and a much more consistent approach to the task as compared to how the MH work.

For the record the phrase "soccer is for poofs" doesn't offend me, and I am pretty sure that it wasn't Hosies intention to offend or discriminate against homosexuals - although Im pretty sure he was trying to offend and discriminate against fans of association football.

I strongly suspect though, that if there weren't so many people (as nolezy rightly points out) making GENUINELY racist, sexist, homophobic comments on forums and in game, that this thread may never have existed...
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 13:51   #97
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Tietäjä: regarding your reply to me, I think that both the forum and the game are pretty vague with regard to what is acceptable.

The gaping difference between a vibrant picture of "hardcore indian midged bondage sadomasochism pornography with anal insertions" and "LOL OMG SOCCER IS FER POOFS" or "FREE MAN'S SOAP PLANET 1945" fleet names is actually so thin it's clouding my self-righteous ego-ridden judgement. Or is my self-righteous massive ego and the need to vindicate my lack of e-penis to just about anyone who doesn't listen to my preachings clouding my judgement after all?
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 13:56   #98
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yes, it is people like this I am talking about, not Hosie.
The interesting thing, which I would suggest you think about for a while, is that when people like that get closed, the posts condemning the closure read almost EXACTLY like your post directed at me - i.e. "OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE INTERNET, HOW CAN YOU BE OFFENDED BY MY HARDCORE PORN GALPIC?!"
In fairness it's been quite a while since that was the case. Let us not forget that one of the current multihunters called someone a lying lith shitbag (or something to that effect not too long ago). I mean that's so much worse than this case it's unreal. And that guy got made a multihunter and hosie got temporarily closed thereby ****ing up his planet. Gr8.

Quote:
What then happens is someone like Hosie comes along, makes a relatively inoffensive fleet name, launches it at someone who is a bit unhinged and soon there is a MH closing them because well, we cant have people called poofs on the internet.
It got launched at 1.1 for the record. I severely doubt anyone actually reported it.
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 13:57   #99
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
The gaping difference between a vibrant picture of "hardcore indian midged bondage sadomasochism pornography with anal insertions" and "LOL OMG SOCCER IS FER POOFS" or "FREE MAN'S SOAP PLANET 1945" fleet names is actually so thin it's clouding my self-righteous ego-ridden judgement. Or is my self-righteous massive ego and the need to vindicate my lack of e-penis to just about anyone who doesn't listen to my preachings clouding my judgement after all?
Nah, I just think you like to use fancy words for the hell of it
Unread 23 Jun 2010, 13:59   #100
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not offended by images of people ****ing. It's also quite a natural human activity, and not something anyone really needs to be protected from imo. Thinking kids don't seek out this kind of stuff on their own is just naive and, quite frankly, irrelevant. No harm is done to anyone by showing images of people having sex.