User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 9 Nov 2006, 09:20   #1
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quit changing planet names _or_ publish unique IDs in DB dumps

Most alliances track intel on r/p. Usually this works great, they stay the same despite coords changing.

Personally, I think r/p changing has gotten way out of hand, but that isn't my call to make. I just want the db dumps to have some sort of reliability. If r/ps are going change constantly, can we get some unique IDs? They don't need to be the userID so long as they stay the same. This would help sites like Sandmans keep histories across r/p changes as well.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 09:43   #2
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Quit changing planet names _or_ publish unique IDs in DB dumps

For once I agree with Jester
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 9 Nov 2006 at 11:48.
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 11:27   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That is actually a good idea. I like it.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 12:46   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I thought that r/p's only got changed if the name was offensive. Im against having uniqe ids because then people can be tracked from before the shuffle.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 12:48   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
I thought that r/p's only got changed if the name was offensive. Im against having uniqe ids because then people can be tracked from before the shuffle.
I wouldnt have thought the db dump code would be that hard to change so that pre shuffle id's were listed as 0000 or such like, and post shuffle their actual id's
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 12:59   #6
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

figar was an unknown planet with 7000 roids (or something mad) in most arbiters because of that in r15. Very good point.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 15:41   #7
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

yes. imo, if the r/p is offencive, close the bugger. I think it has to break one of those rules everybody is refering to every other post.
or make r/p change purchaseable (ie, charge the ****er who wants to change his p/r)
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 17:43   #8
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

remove any and all forms of censorship
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 18:49   #9
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
remove any and all forms of censorship
Almost 100% agree, cept for personal insults.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 18:51   #10
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Its a good idea - hell a pretty much vital idea.

I'd suggest making the unique ID the last column rather than the first, to avoid breaking most existing tech (which I assume explodes on tabs/spaces between columns like mine).

Why not use the existing user ids? I dont think it is sensitive information.

This is also makes it easier to insert/update based on the file content.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 18:59   #11
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

I'm sure anyone monitoring the bot files would appreciate this.

Just make sure they're hidden before the main shuffle. Generate a new ID every time a player resets their planet.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 19:09   #12
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
I'm sure anyone monitoring the bot files would appreciate this.

Just make sure they're hidden before the main shuffle. Generate a new ID every time a player resets their planet.
Do you mean the pa coder ? It's a 2minute job to add the extra ID field.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 20:43   #13
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Do you mean the pa coder ? It's a 2minute job to add the extra ID field.
Yes.

There are a couple of conditions (which I've listed above) which makes it a bit longer than a 2 minute job. If someone genuinely wants to restart their planet then it should get a new ID instead of using the old one.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 22:22   #14
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are a couple of conditions (which I've listed above) which makes it a bit longer than a 2 minute job. If someone genuinely wants to restart their planet then it should get a new ID instead of using the old one.
No they shouldn't. If someone wants to genuinely restart their planet, they should pay 1 credit like everyone else does for a new planet.
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 00:45   #15
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

On a different sidenote, make alliance score = score of all members again so I can continue editing my subset sum solver to work as distributed software!
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 01:21   #16
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Down with censorship!
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 02:20   #17
SpaceMonkey
Warden
Reactor Champion

SpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to beholdSpaceMonkey is a splendid one to behold

If a unique ID gets added to the dumps also add it to the alliance members list please, removing the ruler and planet from it really messed my shit up
SpaceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2006, 13:53   #18
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
Down with censorship!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 00:20   #19
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Quote:
Yes.

I disagree - it would still be a 2 minute job.

Are you a programmer?
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 00:28   #20
Clogg
SiNíng is a lifestyle

Clogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to allClogg is a name known to all

GReaper is the BEST damn programmer I have ever met. He is very able. SO it would prolly take a bit more then 2 minutes.