User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Aug 2006, 01:37   #1
Saphi
Leo's Pwn :P

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts
New race

okies so weve had 18 rds of 4 races or 4 types as in the golden days ... isnt it aout time e start thinking about 5 or even 6 races .... if thats fails what about lowering zik armour w/out lowering cost by too much. or hat about a couple of Xan ships acting before Cath ships

what ever happens smt needss to change.
coz its the same rd after rd atm.

Also Covert Ops need to be made more effective at least 100% more effective for the ships destroying and the roids destoying u spend 25k of each resource to destroy a measley few ships/roids. and also Dist whores are taking over the game tbh smt has to be done with respect tothis what about haveing a covert op that knocks out 25 dist for 2ticks or smt like that.

few ideas for u guys to mual over and bitch and complain bout but hey smt has to change for the gd of this game
------------------------------------------------
The answers you seek are not here
Saphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2006, 10:28   #2
Saphi

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts
Re: New race

sowwe give me reds for this if u want but this is interesting honestly

bump
Unread 12 Aug 2006, 10:50   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

well what's your idea for a new race then
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2006, 11:16   #4
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphi
Also Covert Ops need to be made more effective at least 100% more effective for the ships destroying and the roids destoying u spend 25k of each resource to destroy a measley few ships/roids. and also Dist whores are taking over the game tbh smt has to be done with respect tothis what about haveing a covert op that knocks out 25 dist for 2ticks or smt like that.
The last idea is reasonable, but I don't like current covops becoming too powerful. I've already been in a situation where 25k of each res knocked out 5 terran BS, killing something like 10 times their expenditure.

In fact, they're already quite useful in an ancilliary role, but being that they're very simple compared to ship combat, I don't think they can add much more to the game.

The temporary dist knock out seems like a good idea though IMO.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2006, 13:44   #5
Saphi

im working on the new race a race rthat is piss weak inexpsive and acts before some cath or a race that controlls the enimies ships in battle and uses them against them i have stats for 6 races atm but the 6th race im trying to figure out what they can do ..but other than that im having probs blancing the cost damage ratio so it relatively fair but atm all the races havethere weaknesses and strengths against one and other and them selves
Unread 14 Aug 2006, 18:58   #6
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphi
or a race that controlls the enimies ships in battle and uses them against them
We had that, it had some serious issues... it led to examples of 'green attack' or 'red defence'. One person became nigh unstoppable, as he had mates supporting him by sending 'red defence'... he used their ships against them the

It was also possible to wipe out structures with a guarantee of near unstoppability, by defending with structure killers and attacking with something that subverted them.

Personally, I'd like to see a rough tech tree thing, like I've mocked up stats for already. I just found more than 4 races was a serious problem to balance (instead of a targetting matrix of 16 spaces, 6 races leads to 36...), it might be easier with races if they aren't so different.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Aug 2006, 02:06   #7
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

I think we should have a new race called Mavis Beacon for people like saphi, where you have to spell words correctly to get roids and new ships.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 11:25   #8
Saphi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
I think we should have a new race called Mavis Beacon for people like saphi, where you have to spell words correctly to get roids and new ships.
thiss is for gd and not in here ...still funny though .... gate can u tell me with this tech tree thing what u mean