User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 May 2007, 15:30   #1
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Smile How to make ETD pay?

Send an attack fleet that you know will or can be defended or self covered.

I attacked a guy last night as he had pre-launched on me his BS fleet, but not his tycoons.

So I retalled with what looked like my frigate fleet.

It wasnt, he could have thought it was fi faked as fr so he kept his merchants home.

All good stuff for me.

The outcome >> http://bcalc.thrud.co.uk/index.php?loadfile=main818613

Had to hurt, yes I got nadda but for sure he wont be able to stop my Fighters tonight, or someone elses. Was also sweet to be able to kill a few of his ships.

had to hurt

LOL
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2007, 18:01   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: How to make ETD pay?

"well done"
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2007, 18:06   #3
M0shy
WP <3

M0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the roughM0shy is a jewel in the rough

FA's FTW !
M0shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 May 2007, 18:42   #4
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold

Can't believe you used my calc to show me being owned
Thrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 May 2007, 07:43   #5
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrud
lol
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2007, 17:48   #6
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Haha !
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2007, 21:31   #7
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrud

ooops had no idea who I attacked, but was funny all the same

Great Bcalc btw, better than all the rest by a country mile.
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 09:46   #8
Judge
Doh!

As an afterthought on this type of attack, it would have been nice to get some reward for it, xp for killing perhaps?

After all I outmanouvered outhought and outplayed the target, the attack overall was a sucess (despite not capping) that in itself maybe some reward, but a score boost or xp boost for killing an opponents fleet would have been good imho.
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 09:52   #9
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
As an afterthought on this type of attack, it would have been nice to get some reward for it, xp for killing perhaps?
I'm fundamentally against handing out XP. I'm sure this has been suggested earlier. Why not just salvage?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 09:56   #10
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

After all I outmanouvered outhought and outplayed the target, the attack overall was a sucess (despite not capping) that in itself maybe some reward, but a score boost or xp boost for killing an opponents fleet would have been good imho.

Shouldn't the success of the attack be its own reward?
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 10:40   #11
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough

Handing over any reward for an attack that didnt get any roids will result in ppl bashing less active planets just for those simple easy points.
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 10:45   #12
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

you mean you built loads of distorters in Havoc ?
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 12:25   #13
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
you mean you built loads of distorters in Havoc ?
erm, wasnt in the Havoc but part of the round and before the target had FA scans.

I believe it was an unexpected tactic, so the target could not prepare for it and defended what he considered the most likely type of attack.

Yes I suppose the reward was in landing and killing an opponents score/value, but surely the attacker should get some reward for his efforts?

As for the "bash to gain scenario" this could be avoided by only awarding "a benefit" if the target was above the score/value of the attacker. ie: the standard gains would apply when attacking a smaller target.
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 12:52   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't think we need another way to dick caths to be honest.
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 15:49   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
erm, wasnt in the Havoc but part of the round and before the target had FA scans.
my bad, i thought it was a new thread...
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 16:30   #16
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I don't think we need another way to dick caths to be honest.
Since when did Cath's have Tycoons and Merchants?
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 16:31   #17
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Since when did Cath have more than a couple of kill ships?
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 09:51   #18
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Since when did Cath have more than a couple of kill ships?
Round 10.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 09:55   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't think it would have been possible for this to have been more of a non sequitur.

In case you didn't get it I was, of course, referring to the idea of rewarding people for killing ships.
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 10:01   #20
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Why not, cath could get a reward for stunning ships.
As it is now, this game is basicly:
Launch > if defence, pull.

Its incredibly boring, no point in actualy hurting your target, its not a wargame anymore, but a roidsimulator.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 10:05   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Why not, cath could get a reward for stunning ships.
It's no accomplishment to stun ships though.
Quote:
As it is now, this game is basicly:
Launch > if defence, pull.

Its incredibly boring, no point in actualy hurting your target, its not a wargame anymore, but a roidsimulator.
To be honest if that's all you could do for the whole round you're a complete idiot.
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 11:38   #22
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

All i did all round was to kill ships, though i didnt get any xp or score for it.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote