User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Feb 2007, 00:30   #151
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts
Re: Official Prehistoric Monkeys Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I've no reason to close this thread, it can either a) die or b) have some interesting discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Closing a thread 'because one user thinks it should' is hardly a reason. I'd prefer to let nature take it's course.
There was me thinking a thread that basically was meant to be a 2nd recruitment thread for an alliance that doesnt exist as a stand alone alliance and therefore is not gonna be recruiting would be a good reason. You were only saying on IRC 2 days ago that you wanted to close it but lacked a valid reason. Ok back to argueing then... pMonkeys su... hmm they cant... ok well Kila... hmm cant really post that either... Back to the grave yard then...
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 00:32   #152
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

They remain a single entity called pMonkeys within Orbit.
The two alliances weren't able to merge due to the limits, what they've done is practically merged without using the ingame merging mechanism.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 00:33   #153
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
They remain a single entity called pMonkeys within Orbit.
The two alliances weren't able to merge due to the limits, what they've done is practically merged without using the ingame merging mechanism.
What they are doing as they still have 70 ticks to wait. Even then they wont be able to get everyone in. But surely considering Orbit will be the main alliance people will join them and not pMonkeys, therefore this thread has no purpose
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 00:34   #154
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
There was me thinking a thread that basically was meant to be a 2nd recruitment thread for an alliance that doesnt exist as a stand alone alliance and therefore is not gonna be recruiting would be a good reason. You were only saying on IRC 2 days ago that you wanted to close it but lacked a valid reason. Ok back to argueing then... pMonkeys su... hmm they cant... ok well Kila... hmm cant really post that either... Back to the grave yard then...
and I don't have a valid reason. What I think of the quality of the thread is irrelevant unless I think it's utterly poor, which it isn't. Reputation exists to decide whether a thread is good or bad.

Just because it refers to a recruiting thread doesn't mean it is another, it's a thread announcing their existence, that's provoked some coherent discussion and this thread has been pruned to ensure it conforms to the rules.

If you don't want the thread to continue, my advice is don't post. At the minute all you seem to be doing is giving Kila ammunition to repeatedly mow you down with relatively decent argument, which I am more than prepared to allow/encourage.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 01:05   #155
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

You seem to not understand what the rep system is. Reputation is a measure of the "quality" of a certain post and the consistent "quality" of a person's posts over a period of time is displayed next to their name. It does not show how good or bad a thread is in any way. If it did then this thread would be very poor judging from the amount neg rep this thread has created for all sides.

Kila seems to have a vendetta against myself and my posting skills (which admittedly are lacking at times but improving), informing me to delete my account and even to die. I personally see no reason to not put my point of view across due to fear of neg reps, character assassination or disagreement. It is because of this attitude to forum use that I have in the past campaigned against the rep system. I have seen new players leave the game due to the apparent lack of an open and friendly community in this medium and if I have a penny for every person who has told me that they won't post on the GD forum due to the aggressive nature of some individuals and the klinky nature of the forum as a whole I would be a rich man. While I am not suggesting the system be removed or even "whining" about it, I merely ask that a more positive and less aggressive approach to posting in disagreement to others is taken, especially by forum moderators like yourself Lokken. At times this thread and others seem to become primary school playgrounds rather than discussion forums written by on the whole adults. This cannot send a positive message to potential game players at a time when numbers are dwindling.

The comment referring to this been a second recruitment thread is in reference to a comment made by Wakey calling it such. This was not a new concept. If this is not true in your opinion Lokken then I suggest you discuss it with your fellow moderators.

If Kila wants to act in a childish manner let him. I have no problem with people arguing or disagreeing with me, I do however prefer they had basis, which at times in the past I admit I had not however as I said earlier I am constantly aiming to improve the quality of my posts, and that the post constitutes an adult level of disagreement rather than a petty argument. As an example in the global warming thread I was of a differing opinion to others. While some people backed my belief based on the evidence and strength of the other sides argument I have now changed my personal belief on the matter. Had there not been replies of more than a character assassination I doubt this would have happened.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 01:28   #156
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My favourite ever on AD was a character assassination. I'm using my experience and discretion as a moderator and standing by what i've said.

Ultimately moderators have to be decisive and decide what threads are within and not within the rules. If you disagree, feel free to contact my superiors JBG or JammyJim. If this thread was under threat of becoming a giant slanging match I would close this thread post haste to prevent people breaking the rules. That clearly isn't going to happen.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 01:34   #157
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

You may have noticed had you actually read what I wrote properly at no place in that last post did I ask for the thread to be closed. I did justify what I had said in my previous post to make it clear. In your previous post you did endorse that Kila attacked me. I was, as really you should know, bringing up a discussion point regarding this and stating my view point. I somehow doubt this thread will get to the same level of "slagging" as it did previously and therefore as that was tolerated, for other reasons perhaps, I don't expect you will be closing this thread for that reason.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 02:29   #158
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

Nobody asks me what is happening
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 03:56   #159
magistar
destroyer of worlds

magistar is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Official Prehistoric Monkeys Announcement

Quote:
Wasnt aimed at provoking anything. I was informed in the orbit channel that it wasnt a merge by one of their HC. I further wasnt informed that pMonkeys were infact becoming a battle group within Orbit. Their community channel says go to #orbit.

What they are doing as they still have 70 ticks to wait. Even then they wont be able to get everyone in. But surely considering Orbit will be the main alliance people will join them and not pMonkeys, therefore this thread has no purpose

As one of the Orbit HC's i feel it is my duty to clear some of this up:

pMonkeys was kerploding, and we have been working closely with them since round start (forget the reason, not really important)
they are all joining Orbit
(there was supposed to be an actual merger. due to some discrepancies between the alliance merger section (maximum members after merger = 70) and a pre-round announcement (maximum members after merger = 40) we had to forgo the usual methods of merger)
there is no battle wing/group that i am aware of, but there might be
for the time being, even before they join orbit, we are considering them full members, just without the lower eta bennies :P
any questions, feel free to ask.

prolly gonna get quite a few claims that we're doing something again to screw with the round (like the Round Name) but hey, apparently our sense of humor is different than yours

Good Luck to all of us ^_^

-Magi, proud member of Croshistark Inc.
(oh, btw, that name was MY idea )
Rnd 14-17 Orbit
Rnd 18 Orbit HC
Rnd 19-23 Croshistark Ultra Orbit Mk II HC

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago...
--Ohma de Sala
magistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 09:34   #160
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

So will pMonkeys actually still exist as a group within Orbit then or not? There seems to be different views on this coming out.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 12:32   #161
plus8
Too Stupid To Stop

plus8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So will pMonkeys actually still exist as a group within Orbit then or not? There seems to be different views on this coming out.
Be good if a pM official would announce it, but hey, they've probably got different social rules from the rest of us... if I was one I'd probably be throwing crap at all the people staring.
plus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 12:38   #162
magistar
destroyer of worlds

magistar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
what does it matter?
Rnd 14-17 Orbit
Rnd 18 Orbit HC
Rnd 19-23 Croshistark Ultra Orbit Mk II HC

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago...
--Ohma de Sala
magistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 12:47   #163
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

People are just interested. We like to know things
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 13:41   #164
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

You'll have to prise it out of me!

You know where to find me on IRC anyhow.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 14:55   #165
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

pMonkeys does not exist as a group within Orbit, we've all left tag and have become Orbit members. None of us have gained HC/Officer positions straight away and we will basically work as normal alliance members. What members have joined Orbit are the active core of pMonkeys since a purge of inactives and those simply not interested was conducted.

We don't intend to seperate ourselves from Orbit and create our own clicks but instead fully immerse in the fun and welcoming atmosphere Orbit have provided for us. I would like to give thanks to Orbit on behalf of the members of pMonkeys for taking us in and dealing with this great deal of stress with perserverance and patience.

May we prove our worth now
Bane, now Orbit p3on

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 15:01   #166
Bane
Shadows and Dust

I'ld also like to take this opportunity to thank all ex-HC, officers and members of pMonkeys for the fun and support they've shown and I hope we can continue this.

Also big Thanks to ChronoX for the hours he put into HC'ing and tech support especially!

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
8 year break
R61 - Rogues

12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 15:14   #167
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Unfortunately from the start we basically had two camps, those who wanted to make something out of a generally looked-down upon alliance and those who didn't (spies, inactive, twats..etc). We started off decently but had problems with HC/Officer activity...which led to a demoralised alliance.

Btw, all through this time I was just a returning pa player and was a p3on so HC would know more. Eventually CX got overworked especially after having to work 28hours in two days and getting bitched at a lot so a lot of inactives were kicked and some simply left thinking the alliance had died. Those really active were promoted to HC/Officer positions (like myself) and we basically continued to work. We were down to about 30 or so members and no one seemed interested in joining and CX was lacking the time to play so much himself so we suggested to the Orbit HC (who had supported us greatly) for a merge. We talked then all that stuff happened and now we're one alliance.

That's in a nutshell, we probably could have gone alone till the end but with such low numbers we wouldnt be able to stand up to most alliances and decided merging with Orbit would be better and less stressful (eventually ).

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
8 year break
R61 - Rogues

Unread 7 Feb 2007, 15:23   #168
Bane
Shadows and Dust

We're happy with it, less work for us now. We can sort our problems with rl and I personally can go back to being a lovable twat.

If Orbit find our members useful and have the positions to promote individuals then that's entirely upto them.

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
8 year break
R61 - Rogues

Unread 7 Feb 2007, 15:42   #169
Crowly
Orbit HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
and not one hc position traded off?
gg orbit. you probably should have taken the psycho monkeys name though.
the whole universe associates you with cheap chewing gum and mtv adverts!
Hahaha, and a book publishers and an American airline... Originality ftw.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 16:34   #170
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
i guess it depends on what you would categorize as "necessity". for instance, i imagine a lot of these mergers occur because HC know that if they continue to underperform, some of their members are going to tire and leave. i would class action taken to prevent your higher performance players leaving as "necessity".
maybe this wasn't the reason for your merge but then you haven't actually given any so...
Actually tbh -- at the time of the merge we were extremely happy with how we our round was progressing, we had a very high average score and although we had a relatively low member count, all of our members were active & having fun. On a side note -- had we just been interested in merging for rank - we'd have taken the merge offer made by another alliance earlier in the round.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 18:58   #171
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
You may have noticed had you actually read what I wrote properly at no place in that last post did I ask for the thread to be closed. I did justify what I had said in my previous post to make it clear. In your previous post you did endorse that Kila attacked me. I was, as really you should know, bringing up a discussion point regarding this and stating my view point. I somehow doubt this thread will get to the same level of "slagging" as it did previously and therefore as that was tolerated, for other reasons perhaps, I don't expect you will be closing this thread for that reason.
Oh I read it, it was just totally irrelevant to me moderating this thread.
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 19:16   #172
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

When activity was flagging in pMonkeys ChroneX came to the Orbit HC with the idea of a merge. At first we declined and we tried to keep them goign and support them through the bad patch. I myself helped them set attacks up and to get people ont othe attacks and try to motivate them. Now i was doing this for 3 days and i saw little improvement in activity, it was always the same peopel who were online, always the same talking, always the same defending etc. When it became apparent that it wasnt goign to work we decided the best thing for monkeys was to do the merge. We excepted CX's offer(spent 2 days disscussing it between Orbit HC). We kicked inactives from both sides to make room for the 70 member limit, the n found it was a 40 member limit. So we have decided to do it the old fashioned way.

In NO way was this merge for score or rank gain, it would be pretty useless only 2 weeks into the round, were not good enough to survive in the top 5 (where we would have been) and we would have dropped down, we thought over these things before accepting the merge.

Masta_Mark
Orbit HC

ps. we were going to make a proper announcement after the merge was completed but it was balls up so...

Last edited by MAsta_MArk; 7 Feb 2007 at 19:34.
MAsta_MArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2007, 20:20   #173
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
If Kila wants to act in a childish manner let him.
How is telling you that your points are invalid childish? you appear to be the childish one, trying to annoy/provoke pMonkeys by posting comments here as soon as you find out that they have merged. I told you why it should no be closed and then you clal me childish?
Quote:
In your previous post you did endorse that Kila attacked me. I was, as really you should know, bringing up a discussion point regarding this and stating my view point.
Arguing a point that contradicts your point of view is an attack on you?
Quote:
so exactly why did you merge then?
Because SiN were having problems, and TGV decided to help them out due to the two alliances being close or something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
At the minute all you seem to be doing is giving Kila ammunition to repeatedly mow you down with relatively decent argument, which I am more than prepared to allow/encourage.
Lok called my argument decent, I just came.
Unread 8 Feb 2007, 02:33   #174
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
How is telling you that your points are invalid childish? you appear to be the childish one, trying to annoy/provoke pMonkeys by posting comments here as soon as you find out that they have merged. I told you why it should no be closed and then you clal me childish?

Arguing a point that contradicts your point of view is an attack on you?
These comments were made in reply to lokken, not yourself. If read as such they make more sence
Unread 8 Feb 2007, 12:54   #175
_Kila_
break it down!

They make no sense even when read as a reply to Lok...
Unread 8 Feb 2007, 18:42   #176
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Official Prehistoric Monkeys Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
It looks like pMonkeys may have met a premature death
I called it first.

Where's my cookie?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2007, 18:43   #177
Bane
Shadows and Dust

We took all the cookies with us when the ship went down...

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
8 year break
R61 - Rogues

Unread 8 Feb 2007, 21:52   #178
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
I called it first.

Where's my cookie?
I called it allready in their recruitment thread.

So Nee naa!