User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 1 Jun 2006, 15:41   #1
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Less resources lost when trading

What's the idea to take 25% off the resources when doing a trade, other than annoying the hell out of the planet who by game design can never maintain the exact roid ratio needed for his race?
25% !!!!
I agree to losing a percentage when trading, but anything over a 1 digit figure is plain insane.
Unread 1 Jun 2006, 21:04   #2
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Re: Less resources lost when trading

The idea is to get in a decent galaxy or alliance, and use the 5% trades.

But admittedly its a problem if you have neither of the above.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 16:47   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Shyne is right, the reason trading with the universe is so high is to encourage you to use your gal fund. The current system encourages you to work with your gal mates to make sure you all have the resources you need at the smallest cost. In addition money "lost" in trading with the gal fund stays in the gal fund, so doesn't actually dissapear, where as resources traded with the universe simply dissapear (unless the guys in 1.1 are sneaky and had all the universe taxes sent to them )

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2006, 17:01   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

The 25% tax is indeed giving the players in a better and more active galaxy an unfair advantage. I'd say remove all taxes or put galaxy tax to 0% and universe tax to 5%.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 03:36   #5
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

I agree to remove all taxes, or atleast as Nadar says to put 0% for gal and 5% for uni. 5% vs 25% makes it to uneven. Some of us wants to stay in gals were we can't trade, either because we choose to stay in a kinda crappy gal because we like to stay together with our new galm8's, because we don't know any better, or simply because we're in a good gal with to much of 1 race.

No reason to make it more unfair that it's atm. Let ppl in good gals earn on ingal def, instead of making ppl lucky enough to gain on getting a good mix of races get an advantage.

Can't whine about this round, cause unlike all other rounds i've been able to trade as much as i can. I still think there should be a gain in trading a bit if your gal got a good combo of races, but 20% difference feels a bit unfair. Don't think the tax is good for anything, since it really dephends on your luck with the race you pick. Been in a top 100 gal all the round, and still been able to trade more for res ingal then in any other of the rounds i've played. So tbh, i think a change here would help most planets no matter if their in a top 10 gal or not, since availability of trading for ingal res dephends more on what race you are then how well your gal work together.
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 22:06   #6
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

The problem with a 0% tax is it means that your roid balance and the variance in the ratio of resource costs become meaningless as you can always trade at no cost for what you need. Lets face the facts, this game is intended to be played with your galaxy, if you galaxy is so poor and inactive that no one is trading resources (and using irc) then there are provisions to leave your galaxy and find another. This argument that the tax is unfair to small players is not a sufficently agreegous problem that the game should be unbalanced for the rest of the players imo.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2006, 22:10   #7
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
The problem with a 0% tax is it means that your roid balance and the variance in the ratio of resource costs become meaningless as you can always trade at no cost for what you need. Lets face the facts, this game is intended to be played with your galaxy, if you galaxy is so poor and inactive that no one is trading resources (and using irc) then there are provisions to leave your galaxy and find another. This argument that the tax is unfair to small players is not a sufficently agreegous problem that the game should be unbalanced for the rest of the players imo.
Some people end up in a dead active galaxy right away while others has to exile over and over again + spending their resources on each exile. That's what's unfair.

Your point about 0% tax being pointless is of course a good one. Galaxy tax should maybe be kept at what it is, but universal tax should be lowered to something like 6-7%.
Unread 4 Jun 2006, 00:55   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that 25% res lost is bad, universe cost should be somewhere in between 7 & 10% imo

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 11:06   #9
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

I agree with Monroe, and I dont think being in a poor galaxy deserves everyone to have low tax - roid balance is important.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2006, 17:33   #10
Shiprex

Shiprex is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not just have resources cost to initiate rather than metal to initiate metal? All the taxing issues are dealt with that way. You can control your numer/distribution of roids that way

Shiprex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 14:03   #11
Shiprex

Shiprex is an unknown quantity at this point

Am i correct in believing that the fee is now 10% for Universal exchanges?
If so how come it still has 25% as the exchnge fee?

Shiprex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jul 2006, 20:52   #12
wielklem
retired

wielklem is an unknown quantity at this point

no the trade of the galfund the minister can do trading fund for fund is lowerd uni trade is still 25%
r3-r5 nub r8-r17, r19 tot/lch nub, r20-r22 CT nub, r23 inactive ToF
wielklem is offline   Reply With Quote