User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Jun 2004, 00:10   #1
deathofrats

Unhappy Are Your Children Safe?

We all know that hundreds if not thousands of children, mainly babies are being snatched from parents who love them dearly, and DO NOT abuse them, under the so called ‘child protection squad’, Social Services. This is now becoming alarmingly apparent, what with appeals being won, experts being discredited, television documentaries such as the recent Channel 4’s 30 Minutes, ‘The Doctors Who Take Away Your Kids’.

There are a great number of people, which are victims of this system fighting for reform, in any way they can. Also there are a many great number of victims that have not for one reason or another fought on for reform. Let’s face it after dealing and fighting against the likes of Social Services, how anybody still has the energy, let alone heart to fight on, we can only guess, BUT some do.

As C4’s recent documentary shown, ANYBODY EVEN YOU could become a victim. Help is at hand however if you find yourself in such a position by way of, which is now growing, internet sites offering advice, information, even help.

This site www.socialservicesabuse.com is one such site, although here they are organising a peaceful march through London to highlight this important issue. Its well worth a visit and read, because who knows, maybe you reading this is victim of this system, and the march may interest you. If not then this site offers some truths, that we the taxpayer ought to know. After all is it not our taxes that pay to cause so much heartache and grief.

Of course there are those that will abuse children, be them parents or whatever form they arise from, these are the people that Social Services need to concentrate on and protect children from. Too many innocents are suffering from government quotas, and over eager social workers, maybe this site is right, maybe it is time for reform.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 00:17   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Are Your Children Safe?

I am unsure the tone of response this will receive from the regular posters on this forum.

I sense however it will be both negative and cynical.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 00:24   #3
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Children are clearly not taken away from parents for no reason.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 00:39   #4
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

why hasn't dace posted in this thread yet

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 00:48   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

if parents cannot bring up their children to a basic level of human existance in both caring/food/shelter/stable relationship then im afraid i agree with social services and would want the child removed and placed in the custodial care of someone who can.

FOR EXAMPLE :

Teenage mothers.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 00:57   #6
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
if parents cannot bring up their children to a basic level of human existance in both caring/food/shelter/stable relationship then im afraid i agree with social services and would want the child removed and placed in the custodial care of someone who can.

FOR EXAMPLE :

Teenage mothers.
FURTHER EXAMPLE :

Where one or both parents are drug addicts (registered or otherwise)
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 00:57   #7
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

I have a feeling that "deathofrats" has something to do with the site. Just call it a hunch :/

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 01:02   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

There are always false positives. It seems fairly inevitable that vague, almost-victimless crimes like the majority of child abuse cases will suffer from government overcautiousness.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 01:05   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

A march in London eh? I'd like to attend, really.

I mean, I'd like to be there at the historic event. The biggest collection of retards ever gathered in one ****ing place. What sort of **** comes to an internet forum where he has never posted before and posts a bullshit link to some shite ****ing site about the protection of kids.

**** OFF.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 01:07   #10
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Children are clearly not taken away from parents for no reason.
Wrong. I was nearly taken off my parents as they suspected my mother was hitting me but then when I was2/3 they discovered I had haemophilia. This is still happening all over the UK and the haemophilia department in Cardiff seem to get a new case every month where there is a baby discovered to have haemophilia who had been taken away from their parents.

*edit* Well not wrong as they obviously had a reason just didn't investigate very well.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 01:13   #11
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
*edit* Well not wrong as they obviously had a reason just didn't investigate very well.
heh
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 01:18   #12
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim

FOR EXAMPLE :

Teenage mothers.
This might have the potential to be a semi-valid argument if every orphanage in the country was empty, but even then I'd probably dismiss it as the subservient statist nonsense that it is.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 01:21   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

And if they didn't investigate you may of died of a haemophilliac death....

Mishap and you were re-appropriated, if however you were taken away and they didn't find out you had haemophillia then....

Perhaps also your parents were negligent? Usually your assigned health worker when your mother has been pregnant will insist on you know getting you checked regularly, a lot of 'know it all' mothers will do away with the health worker and believe their opinion is better. If you were bruising easily why didn't your parents get it investigated to make sure?

Anyway this is a load of tripe, in 99% of all crimes there is 1% that get's screwed unfairly.... it's not like they ****ing sentence the parents of children taken away to life imprisonment/death is it?

imo they aren't picking enough cases up as the streets of the UK are full of negligently parented hoodlums who need shoved in a correctional institute.(or fostered out to better parents)

I say bring in prenancy licensing or start neutering people who are irresponsible until they accept pregnancy licensing.

If you get pregnant by accident? STITCH THEIR GENITALIA UP.....

Seriously.....

I could go on about the crimes humanity commits all the time that aren't being dealt with.

I am very sure if the social services were this incompetent it would also be INTERNATIONAL news.

It isn't.

p.s. Have you ever thought that most ( I know a few who have) that are protesting their innocence are actually lying abusive parents? I'm pretty sure there's prolly more of them than there is genuine mistakes.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 01:27   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen

Mishap and you were re-appropriated, if however you were taken away and they didn't find out you had haemophillia then....

Perhaps also your parents were negligent? Usually your assigned health worker when your mother has been pregnant will insist on you know getting you checked regularly, a lot of 'know it all' mothers will do away with the health worker and believe their opinion is better. If you were bruising easily why didn't your parents get it investigated to make sure?

Anyway this is a load of tripe, in 99% of all crimes there is 1% that get's screwed unfairly.... it's not like they ****ing sentence the parents of children taken away to life imprisonment/death is it?

imo they aren't picking enough cases up as the streets of the UK are full of negligently parented hoodlums who need shoved in a correctional institute.(or fostered out to better parents)

I say bring in prenancy licensing or start neutering people who are irresponsible until they accept pregnancy licensing.

If you get pregnant by accident? STITCH THEIR GENITALIA UP.....

Seriously.....

I could go on about the crimes humanity commits all the time that aren't being dealt with.

I am very sure if the social services were this incompetent it would also be INTERNATIONAL news.

It isn't.

p.s. Have you ever thought that most ( I know a few who have) that are protesting their innocence are actually lying abusive parents? I'm pretty sure there's prolly more of them than there is genuine mistakes.
Time to go back under your bridge Mr 8pm.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 01:38   #15
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Their investigation actually didn't even cover this possibility. It was just persistance in going to different GPs after being told there was nothing wrong with me by loads of others that eventually led to it being found before anything serious happened. Wasn't helped by the fact there is no known history of haemophilia in my family though.

Quote:
As I said I was fortune not to but in Cardiff hospital alone I hear of cases often where this actually did happen and it was only when the problems persisted after they had taken the children off the parents that they looked further into possible causes. It was as if they just assume that the bruises come from being hit.

Quote:
There more than likely are some negligent parents who did something like that or just didn't get it looked into properly. I don't know much about the health workers and stuff but I didn't really encounter any problems until I started using a baby walker which causes bruising all around my stomach but by then I would guess I didn't have one and if I did that angle wasn't looked at. Babies are too inactive for something like haemophilia to be noticed early unless your family has a history of it so it is investiaged.

[/quote]
Anyway this is a load of tripe, in 99% of all crimes there is 1% that get's screwed unfairly.... it's not like they ****ing sentence the parents of children taken away to life imprisonment/death is it?[/quote]

Agreed, it is only a small number of cases but it can cause such damage to the families, the parents especially that it is something that is worth looking into in a bit more detail to try and make sure you don't screw up.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 01:45   #16
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Saving a few kids from abuse is not worth the risk involved in giving the state the power to arbitrarily abduct children. Nice troll though.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 02:08   #17
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

They aren't abducting, it's just in a case where the crime isn't so black and white there's a grey area, and it's best to err on caution than on well the worst....

I've got a report from several people that x is abusing y, on initial investigation x provided adequate answers to questioning that suggests that x isn't abusing y but on the other hand y isn't too forthcoming about things... do we remove y temporarily while we wind up the investigation before returning y or do we leave y in a situation where teh abuse continues with possible grim consequences? seeing as like you can't ****ing dna test this sorta stuff and it's hard to get evidence in domestic abuse cases of children bar invasion of privacy stuff....

Likewise if the abuse was rife this would CERTAINLY be international news.

Anyway I think it's pretty obvious there is a lot of negligence going on with youth and a lot of it is being missed, the amount of crimes committed by minor's in the uk is disgusting compared to other countries (Someone dig out facts yourselves). Which I think is indicative on somewhere the child/parent relationship being broken down enough to justify state intervention for the greater protection of the rest of society.

Pregnancy licensing is the way forward.... less children born to bad parents, less cases to investigate, more time for cases to be investigated, much easier to pinpoint abuse happening in big open spaces than in massive crowds.

As for the people protesting about the abuse on the social services with regards to childcare, I know at least 3 parents GUILTY of child abuse that have always protested their innocence and in 2 cases still abusing their children cause of people that want them to err on the side of caution.

Accidental vacation from family for a couple of days or someone's childhood and possibly future life ruined? what is worth more to you?

Are you more concerned about dignity and pride than quality of life?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 03:37   #18
queball
Ball

Quote:
They aren't abducting, it's just in a case where the crime isn't so black and white there's a grey area, and it's best to err on caution than on well the worst....
Erring on the side of caution would mean abducting less children. Foster parents are far more likely to be abusive than biological parents.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 04:47   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Foster parents are far more likely to be abusive than biological parents.
This only makes sense if they were selecting children to remove at random. Are foster parents far more likely to be abusive than a biological parent highly suspected of abusing their kids?

Saying foster parents are more likely to be abusive than biological parents generally seems a rather useless statement to make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
This might have the potential to be a semi-valid argument if every orphanage in the country was empty, but even then I'd probably dismiss it as the subservient statist nonsense that it is.
Eh?

Are you saying that it's better for a group of people to allow a child to be abused if there is no direct replacement for their parents available?

This argument seems a tricky one in general. "The state" (or other individuals) already have the "right" (if you can call it that) to intervene under general instances of assault. It's just a lot more complicated as it's not obvious what's going on. Out and out denying a community involvement seems a bit dodgy. Should we forbid the police from arresting people for murder, as "saving a few crime victims does not justify giving the state the right to arbritrarily abduct & imprison people".

Obviously any time someone's kids are removed (or whatever) there should have to be a fair trial on the matter.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 04:52   #20
queball
Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
This only makes sense if they were selecting children to remove at random. Are foster parents far more likely to be abusive than a biological parent highly suspected of abusing their kids?
Yes. Though I don't have statistics handy. Ask Cinderella.

Last edited by queball; 21 Jun 2004 at 05:14.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 09:03   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Yes.
I think you're lying.

Especially since it depends on how we define suspicion.

Besides, I'd imagine it's fairly easy to minimise abuse by foster parents through daily visits by officers, etc. This wouldn't really be appropriate or healthy with the biological parents.

Having said all of this : It's ridiculous to presume there is only one action any authority (or the community) can take in such matters. There are things like child protection registers and such. At my work, many of our tenants have children who are on such registers because they are drug addicts, violent criminals, etc.

One major problem I have with the whole thing is that the definition of "harm" by social services can be a bit wide. So one girl I know (who has two young children) said she couldn't paid her home the way she wanted as she was fearful her children could be removed (she has an odd taste in decor). This seems borderline totalitarian at best.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 13:08   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I thought this thread was going to be about that ad at the top thats about drugfreeamerica.com or somat
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote