User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:25   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Food

Now that I'm officially unemployed I'm obliged to uphold the tradition and eat bum-food. Right now I'm feasting on a pack of tandori noodles, but I need some suggestions of other kinds of food that is easy to make and ass-cheap.

Go!
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:29   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Food

Tuna with potatoes/rice/pasta.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:34   #3
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Zaphod I is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you already tried using a coat-hanger for fishing up the fries etc. behind the stove?

Serioulsy, you should get nice discounts on stuff that hits the expiration date. 3 packets of chicken breasts for the price of one and you can freeze the other two for later use.

-Zaps
Zaphod I is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:36   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you don't have much pride then dumpsters can be a good source of food I'm told.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:42   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I don't plan on eating junk, other than that from mcDonalds.
What kind of tuna goes into that tuna thing? Cans of tuna? Real tuna? Is it much work to make? Because I plan on sitting on the sofa in my underwear a lot.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:48   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Can of tuna, with some mayo if you like + pasta. Very easy.

Plenty of decent food is thrown away by certain businesses (as they need to comply with regulations on best before dates and such).
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:48   #7
Zaphod I
criminally insane

The most basic recipe is

1) boil potatoes/rice/pasta
2) add a can of tuna (should be the cheapest)
3) stir (optional)
4) eat

The flavour part is up to you. Frozen vegetables (not to be eaten frozen) cream, cheese, spices etc. are common...

-Zaps
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:54   #8
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

this is not my area of expertise.
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 11:57   #9
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

beans on toast!
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:14   #10
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
I thought you were one of those "real" students. You should know stuff like this!

And beans on toast... WTF!?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:15   #11
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
I thought you were one of those "real" students. You should know stuff like this!

And beans on toast... WTF!?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN WTF
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:26   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
WHAT DO YOU MEAN WTF
I mean "WTF, beans on toast?"... What kind of twisted mind comes up with something like that?

Beans on toast....

Brown or white BTW?
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:28   #13
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
I mean "WTF, beans on toast?"... What kind of twisted mind comes up with something like that?

Beans on toast....

Brown or white BTW?
baked beans.

on toast.

any kind of toast.

it is the food of the gods, if the gods were students
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:36   #14
Zaphod I
criminally insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
it is the food of the gods, if the gods were students
So gods never went to school?

Which is why they know nothing?

Thus we have such unfortunate things as unemployment...

...which brings us to here: some prefer spam rather than tuna (with the same recipe), although I won't touch the icky stuff.

-Zaps

Ps. No offense to any gods that might be reading this :eek:
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 12:42   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
Thank god you posted that. I was sitting here wondering 'Hey, I wonder if hans knows anything about cheap student/unemployed food? I've got to get to work, so it would kill me if I had to wait for hours and hours!' but then you posted so I can go to work.

Thanks hans!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:34   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Stay away from Yellowfin tuna, tastes of the sea (i.e. Sewage).

Stick with promotion offers on white (albacore but not referred to it as that in the uk just as regular tuna i.e. not yellowfin) tuna.

GF also reccomends to avoid skipjack.

May I also add Sweetcorn adds a lot of filler to meals at low low cost while providing the neccessary mind manipulation of eating something.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2004, 15:41   #17
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Also I reccomend visiting relatively big supermarkets at the end of the evening, usually either 30 minutes prior to them closing or after whenever their bakery closes if it's 24/7 and loiter around, thanks to regulations about food you'll find they'll mark down a lot of food very quickly before they have to throw it out.

30p for 10 jam doughnuts etc.

This also happens at the rotassirie and is helped if you get to know the folk on the other side well, when my brothers mate was working there he'd head down at 9:30 pm (30 minutes before closing time) and get two medium sized whole roast chickens for 10p ea.

Also learn where the reduced food section for stock that's about to go out of date is in each supermarket, yes sometimes it can feel like your stealing from the OAP's in the community by shopping from here but sometimes you can get some quality shit cheap (10p tubs of potato salad are good hole fillers).

Jam is a great cheap way of beating sugar cravings so you don't overspend on confectionarys.

Store brand cheap ready salted crisps (like 30p for a 6 pack) should also diminish any savoury snack cravings without nailing your pocket.

Cheap bread is all good but tends to have a much shorter shelflife than regular bread.

Tinned food is remarkably cost efficient if you stay away from over branded ones.

That's my advice when I was on a 50 quid budget and spend 45 of it every week on boozing and going out.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 14:14   #18
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

ASDA do really cheap noodles. Add sachet contents, and boil up. Really tastey. Only cost 9 pence. Or alternatively go to a down and out "drop in" centre where they provide free breakfast/ldinner for the homeless, such as the Cyrenians or the Salvation Army etc (as long as you don`t mind who your queueing with)

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 15:14   #19
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

asda do really cheap everything. oops items are good for cheap living. Other than that stay away from fresh foods and eat processed foods. Tins of chilli, curry, bolognese, but a favorite of mine is rice, tuna and sweetcorn. Cheap, easy and incredibly filling.

Also get packet mashed potato's from asda 14p a bag!
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 17:32   #20
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

put ketchup on taost and then eat, your taste bbuds will be tricked into thinking your eating meat
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 18:14   #21
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When i was unemployed i ate jam sandwiches alot.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 18:45   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Old boiled potatoes sliced up and fried, toasted white bread with sausages and sliced fried onions covered in ketchup and butter and beans.

A great meal
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 18:50   #23
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Tuna, wholemeal bread, milk, rice, pasta, peanuts, olive oil, sliced ham, vegetables.

You dont really need to eat anything else, technically.

edit: you should probably take a multivitamin if youre planning on eating like shit.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 21:21   #24
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

cook up some 2 minute noodles then fry together with egg and you get a very filling meal, top with sauce or whatever you desire.

also i've found just about anything can be made tastier by wrapping it in a tortilla, especially good for any leftovers etc you may have from other meals you just throw it in as a filling and maybe add cheese or something.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 02:18   #25
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Meat is expensive. Cut it out or eat less of it. (added bonuses as well)

Dumpster dive. If you're too good to eat vacum-enclosed things that are perfectly fine and come from dumpster, you are too good to be poor!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 16:00   #26
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

incidentally whoever suggested the Asda noodles I whole heartedly agree. Bought 12 packets of noodles yesterday and me and my gf have eaten six already - they are strangely addictive.

te chicken ones are excellent mixed with onion and mushrooms> Hearty and easy. Well worth buying and thy are't 9p they are only 8p!

Flavours chicken (my fave), curry and prawn
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote