User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jun 2004, 21:54   #501
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Euro2004 prediction league

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Wait a minute you changed you Italy prediction
Yeah, great last minute change that. Im a ****ing idiot, and i deserve to go out.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:00   #502
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Code:
Group A
		X	G	Pts
Leshy		5	10	25
CoD		2	11	17
MrL_JaKiri	3	8	17
midge5		2	10	16
1-X		2	8	14
Kurashima	1	10	13
SYMM		1	8	11

Group B
		X	G	Pts
Koen		4	8	20
LHC		2	9	15
Non.Human	1	10	13
Deffeh		1	10	13
roadrunner	1	9	12
Lokken		1	9	12
Red		2	6	12

Group C
		X	G	Pts
Dace		3	12	21
Blastoderm	1	9	12
at0mic.c0w	1	8	11
Lupin		1	8	11
Apothos		1	8	11
Zharkov		1	8	11
Ragnarak	0	10	10

Group D
		X	G	Pts
JC		2	12	18
Grimble		2	9	15
PureviL		1	9	12
Stew		1	9	12
Evergreen	1	8	11
JonnyBGood	1	8	11
Peace		0	6	6
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:01   #503
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Its a good job everyone in my group is shit .
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:03   #504
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Its a good job everyone in my group is shit .
That's group C.

Not Group D.

Took you a good week before you got to the top of that group too mr chicken counter.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:08   #505
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If i was in any other group i wouldnt be top. That makes our group officially shit.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:08   #506
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Group A :eek:
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:09   #507
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Cept for Group A no-one else would be second in our group but our current second placer.

That makes Group B and C more shit than D.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:12   #508
JC
lolly roffle

Ok sorry let me re-word what i meant.

Thank **** you are in my group so i can kick your sorry ass and go through to the next round.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:19   #509
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Id actually still have a good shout if i hadnt changed that Italy result.

Now i have to redo my final two predictions to the most unique, plausible ones, and then just hope.

But reality is im out. Ill pick up 2 points max, and LHC will go through

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:38   #510
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Group A
SYMM can no longer finish 2nd
midge5 needs to edit (has same as CoD for both)

Groups B & C
With current predictions, anyone can finish 2nd.

Group D
Evergreen needs to edit to have a chance of 2nd (anything but a draw for Germany-Czech)
Peace can't finish 2nd.
Stew - needs to change German-Czech too as Grimble also has 1-1
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:40   #511
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Group A :eek:
Our groups hell Anywhere else and I would be 2nd ffs. We have 4 of the top 7 players heh.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:48   #512
1-X
overtired

Holland 28-0-0 Latvia

2-0 CoD, midge5, SYMM
2-1 1-X
3-0 Kura
3-2 Leshy
5-0 MrL

1-0 LHC
2-0 Red, Non.Human, Koen
3-0 Roadrunner
3-1 Lokken
4-0 Deffeh

2-0 Blastoderm
3-0 Dace, Lupin, Ragnarak, Zharkov
4-0 Apothos
4-1 at0mic.c0w

1-0 Evergreen
2-0 Peace
3-0 PureviL, JC, Stew
3-1 JonnyBGood
4-0 Grimble

-------------------------------------

Germany 7-13-8 Czech Republic

1-0 CoD, midge5
2-1 Leshy
1-1 Kura, 1-X
1-2 SYMM
1-3 MrL

2-1 roadrunner, Red
1-1 Lokken, Non.Human, Deffeh
0-1 Koen
1-2 LHC

1-0 Lupin
2-1 at0mic.c0w
1-1 Dace, Blastoderm, Zharkov
1-2 Apothos, Ragnarak

0-0 Evergreen
1-1 Peace, Grimble, JC, Stew
1-2 JonnyBGood
1-3 PureviL

Last edited by 1-X; 22 Jun 2004 at 23:05.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:49   #513
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I am scared but I won't change my predictions.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:56   #514
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Holland 4 - 0 Latvia
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:56   #515
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Damn I have to change mine :/ Will wait till nearer the game to see how strong the Czech team is.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 22:58   #516
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

with my current predictions do i have the chance to become 2nd? (Remeber if the count is equal, i didnt predict all games which is than prolly an advantage)

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 23:03   #517
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
with my current predictions do i have the chance to become 2nd? (Remeber if the count is equal, i didnt predict all games which is than prolly an advantage)
yes. If anyone can't make 2nd without editing, I will have pointed it out (midge5, evergreen and stew)

EDIT________
Lupin and JonnyBGood missed Greece v Spain (1-1), and Russia v Portugal (0-2)

Did this cost them the chance to qualify?
Others in those groups scored...

In Group C
+3 Dace
+1 Ragnarak, Zharkov, at0mic.c0w

In Group D
+3 Grimble
+2 JC
+1 Evergreen, Peace, PureviL, Stew

Last edited by 1-X; 22 Jun 2004 at 23:15.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 23:18   #518
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

so.. Denmark/Sweden > Italy
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 23:30   #519
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

dont want to be pedantic but technically i could have 6 points more.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 23:31   #520
1-X
overtired

I almost felt sorry for the Italians. I'm sure they'll prefer to believe the Scandinavians fixed the result rather than change their tactics in future. I enjoyed watching Italy-Bulgaria, the desperation, the fouls, the acting, the joy of the winning goal followed by news of the other result. Classic.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 23:51   #521
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Italy deserved to go out. They were delusional to believe anyone would want a team that feigns injury, fouls repeatedly, and plays the most negative football that the European Championships have ever seen, to go through to the next round.

Dump Trappatoni. For **** sake. Hes played the same bland, defensive ,boring football throughout his managerial career, and the only thing worth praising him for is that when he left Bayern, he did it properly, ripping into everyone and everything that was wrong with the club.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 00:18   #522
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I suppose I'll have to go for Czech 2- Ger 1 then

Edit: there's gonna be a "plate" competion right" where 3rd and 4th from each team go through.
And a "spoon" yeah? 5th & 6th? This cant be the end if I go out! Surely!!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 00:23   #523
1-X
overtired

while the qualifiers carry on in the "real" competition, those who want to can predict the remaining 7 games in a "merged league of failure" (that will most likely include me) if they wish. You'd probably keep your current group score, but there is a small chance (ie. if everyone demands it) that we'd start from 0.
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 00:28   #524
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why not 3 separate competitions?

(I know its more work for you but well, you seem to like it!)

Then we could have champ, plate winner and spoon winner!
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 00:31   #525
1-X
overtired

you were serious about plate and spoon! :eek:
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 00:34   #526
1-X
overtired

one more point: there is less than a day between the end of this round and the first quarter-final, so those who do qualify have to be online to make at least the portugal-england prediction (so if someone will kindly pay Dace's bail )
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 00:39   #527
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
you were serious about plate and spoon! :eek:
Definately.
Well if its ok with you.
Just makes it more interesting for the rest of us!
[/lack of confidence in going through]
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 00:49   #528
1-X
overtired

I honestly can't see many people being interested in that. It really lessens the impact of a knockout competition if everyone is suddenly back in it.

For example, this "spoon" would be the 8 people who finished lowest playing each other in a knockout competition. What does the winner get? Well, he can say that he was best of the bottom 8! Out of all the people who did really badly, he did least badly. It also assumes that all 28 people will be around to make new predictions in less than 24 hours, and that they even want to.

To sum up, I'm not saying no (I'll organise whatever is wanted) but personally I think a merged league is enough as no-one has to play or take it seriously. Also, someone currently in the bottom 8 has the chance to rise to a respectable finish.
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 00:56   #529
Stew
Made of Twigs

I see where your coming from.

I was just thinking I played ina football tournament a couple of weeks ago, with 6 in league and the format was same as I suggested.
We knew we'd be shit so went for 5th place (which we got!) and our afternoon didnt really start until we were into the knock out stages (where we lost on pens in the 1st stage fs!!)
My point is, most of us are competitive and it's not what the final outcome is, more just trying to beat anyone!
Maybe just a spoon then (ie combining my ide of plate and spoon?) - a league for quarters then 1 plays 4 and 2 vs 3 for semis?
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 01:13   #530
Evergreen
the merciless

Here's a great idea.

ok the 8 finalists predict the results.

The rest predict the finalists that will win.

Total psyche stuff.

Unread 23 Jun 2004, 01:28   #531
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I see where your coming from.

I was just thinking I played ina football tournament a couple of weeks ago, with 6 in league and the format was same as I suggested.
We knew we'd be shit so went for 5th place (which we got!) and our afternoon didnt really start until we were into the knock out stages (where we lost on pens in the 1st stage fs!!)
My point is, most of us are competitive and it's not what the final outcome is, more just trying to beat anyone!
Maybe just a spoon then (ie combining my ide of plate and spoon?) - a league for quarters then 1 plays 4 and 2 vs 3 for semis?
so rather than an ordinary old-fashioned prediction league, you think we should start a new "consolation" league, with those who choose to enter all reset to 0. They predict the 4 quarter final matches, with the highest scoring 4 continuing in a knockout. (I hope you won't be suggesting another league for those who fail in that one too... )

Would 4 matches be enough for the X3G1 system to work? It's possible lots of people could be on the same points.

I intend to use more detailed scoring for the "real" competition, with "almost" points and the joker bonus in the quarter-finals, and adding scorer/times, halftime scores etc in the semis and final. I don't particularly want to extend this on a large scale (as it is all done manually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Here's a great idea.

ok the 8 finalists predict the results.

The rest predict the finalists that will win.

Total psyche stuff.
I like that. More details?

eg.Would people be predicting based on name and past perfomance only, or would they be judging the quality of their new predictions too? (I had originally intended to have them submitted secretly via PM)

we could assign the finalists odds of winning, then give the eliminated people an equal amount of "play money" and see who ends up with the most?

Last edited by 1-X; 23 Jun 2004 at 01:35.
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 01:35   #532
Evergreen
the merciless

Basically from what I understand about your format you'll have a quarter final system

Say like

JC vs Jonnybgood

Koen vs Leshy

someone vs someone

someone vs someone

Anyway, I don't know how you are planning your knockout system but I'm guessing it's whoever scores the most points that will go through blah de blah from each matching.

Now, you can either have this format.

All the non Finalists predict who will go through from each match, nice and simple, 1 point for right guess, 0 for wrong guess, and have them do the same for the semi's and the finals. Doesn't leave room for tiebreakers but makes it a real nice simple league to put up (tie breakers could be based on their results in the group stages, points scored, amount of x's, pool seeding to decide places on people who have the same points).

So for example in the other 20 you could have a table that finishes like

Stew 7
1-X 7
Kurashima 7
Deffeh 6

etc etc where people on the same points will get positioned according to their performances in the group stages. (7 points being the max you can score cause you are scoring 7 matches)

However depending on your scoring system you could have a sort of x and G prediction league where people predict who will win out of the ties and by how many points roughly, more than 3 or less than 3 but that's a little more complicated.

Personally I'm pure and simple everytime for my suggested original format on the losers league.

Moreover you'd have the bonus of people psyching out the finalists by showing how many people think JC is right against Leshy etc etc.

15 people have leshy backed to win this tie against Koen based on Leshy's vs Koen's predictions... etc.

p.s. 1-X you might have to force people in the finals to like submit their results secretly in pm and allow them no chance to edit to prevent people forcing ties by just giving the same results as their competitors. I.e. if Leshy is up against someone who doesn't fancy their chances against Leshy they could very well just churn out same predictions as leshy to force a tie or something silly.

[edit] just saw your bracket statement, try and set a deadline for people in the finals to send in their predictions thus given enough time for the losers league to back the people who they think have called the right (or better) set of results.

Make the finalists take part in a suddent death btw, force them to make their predictions for ALL the matches(as in all the quarter finals not just one at a time) with no last minute edits all at once.... if someone get's injured before the big game tough luck etc.

[edit] get on #forums and pm my nick please I think it's [Lat]Sunday8pm atm I'm having trouble kind of putting this format across on forum.

Unread 23 Jun 2004, 01:53   #533
Evergreen
the merciless

Blah I'm just going to leave the brainchild in your hands 1-x and let you work out a format, I've tried a few ideas in my head and it'sdoing circles.

Unread 23 Jun 2004, 02:02   #534
1-X
overtired

The time for people to predict in is very short. The finalists would still have to make their 4 quarter-final predictions "in one go" by PM, just so that their opponent can't base his prediction on theirs. Once I had all 4, I could make them public and people could predict based on them (possibly with an X and G system but that hurts my head too). It's a lot to ask for <24 hours.

The scoring system for the quarter-finals, is simply player vs player predicting 4 matches, still scoring a max of 3 points per game, but with the "almost" 2 points for a close guess (from the TNG league) and a joker whereby they can nominate one of their four games (in advance obviously) to score double points. (so Max score=15.)

Lets see what others suggest during the day. I'm sure we'll end up with something for the non-qualifiers to do.

(BTW i would have replied earlier but I was looking at that Archspace game, and I don't have an irc client installed)
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 11:05   #535
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

a merged league will be enough for me (forget this if i actually make it to the knock out stage)
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 12:32   #536
JC
lolly roffle

1-X i might be struggling to get online tomorrow and Friday so if you've decided what format the next stage will take i'ld appreciate a PM or something so i can make my predictions today at some point. Cheers.
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 12:34   #537
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i'll give my predictions tonight, if holland wins. if not, i'll give it tomorrow.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 12:36   #538
Peace
angel

Peace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of lightPeace is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
That makes our group officially shit.
:(
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 12:38   #539
JC
lolly roffle

Thanks for being useless .

<3 Peace <3
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 12:57   #540
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

JC beats girls!
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 13:35   #541
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

group o' death
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 14:15   #542
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
group o' death
What? Where?

Unread 23 Jun 2004, 16:23   #543
midge5
mmm lambs

Germany 1 Czech 1
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 18:08   #544
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

MAKE IT

Holland 3-1 Latvia

tyvm
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 19:01   #545
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Having seen that we have a weakened Czech side , and a dutch side hellbent on proving a point , i change to

Holland 4 - 0 Latvia
Czech Republic 1 - 2 Germany
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 19:05   #546
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Although I'm not changing my bets, I'll not be surprised if Latvia manages to qualify, and both the Germans and us go home.
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 20:22   #547
Stew
Made of Twigs

Posting in disgust that 1-X isnt updating after each goal
(1-1 and 2-0 atm!)
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 20:29   #548
midge5
mmm lambs

At the moment I thinkI am through but I don't fancy my chances of neither game getting another goal
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 20:31   #549
Stew
Made of Twigs

I could do with another goal in both! (for Ne and Cz!)
Unread 23 Jun 2004, 21:02   #550
1-X
overtired

hello

i've been ill today ... dragged myself out of bed to do my football duty

just updating people's late changes, have made no plans for anything new and different for those who don't qualify so it will probably have to be just a merged league this time for those that want it - keeping the current scores?

I'll post who is through on current scores soon