User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 00:55   #1
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Planetarion Forums, Problems of sale.

Act of 14. April 2000 No. 31 relating to the processing of personal data (Personal Data Act)
Quote:
Chapter II
Section 15 The processor's right of disposition over personal data

No processor may process personal data in any way other than that which is agreed in writing with the controller. Nor may the data be turned over to another person for storage or manipulation without such agreement.

It shall also be stated in the agreement with the controller that the processor undertakes to carry out such security measures as ensue from section 13.
This invalidates the sale of the Planetarion Forums.

Personal details include things such as Name and Email. Planetarion would have to seek written agreement from every user on these forums, or remove them before sale could take place.

This hence, makes the entire sale of planetarion invalid in its current form, unless the sale of the forums is removed or the above conditions are satisified.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 00:57   #2
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Neither the controller or the processor is the user.

Im not sure how norwegian law works with the data controller giving out info without the users permission though.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:01   #3
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Planetarion Forums, Problems of sale.

Quote:
Originally posted by inf
Act of 14. April 2000 No. 31 relating to the processing of personal data (Personal Data Act)

This invalidates the sale of the Planetarion Forums.

Personal details include things such as Name and Email. Planetarion would have to seek written agreement from every user on these forums, or remove them before sale could take place.

This hence, makes the entire sale of planetarion invalid in its current form, unless the sale of the forums is removed or the above conditions are satisified.
At worst, they would delete all accounts whose owners don't click a certain box or somesuch. Which is probably what they plan on doing anyway, at best.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:05   #4
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
A more pertinent question might be that of copyright. I can find no clause anywhere saying all posts become the property of FSAS and as such anything I post still legally (afaik) belongs to me and cannot be sold by a third party.

Not that I'd kick up a fuss or anything but it's still a problem.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:07   #5
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Neither the controller or the processor is the user.

Im not sure how norwegian law works with the data controller giving out info without the users permission though.
I'm pretty sure, Planetarion cannot sell the forums with personal information included.

Quote:
Section 11 Basic requirements for the processing of personal data

The controller shall ensure that personal data which are processed
a) are processed only when this is authorized pursuant to sections 8 and 9,
b) are used only for explicitly stated purposes that are objectively justified by the activities of the controller,
c) are not used subsequently for purposes that are incompatible with the original purpose of the collection, without the consent of the data subject,
d) are adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose of the processing, and
e) are accurate and up-to-date, and are not stored longer than is necessary for the purpose of the processing, cf. sections 27 and 28.
This also illustrates this point
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:08   #6
inf
Banned

Re: Re: Planetarion Forums, Problems of sale.

Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
At worst, they would delete all accounts whose owners don't click a certain box or somesuch. Which is probably what they plan on doing anyway, at best.
They would then have to delete any refrences to this persons personal data, probably manually from specific posts.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:10   #7
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
The question is, when they sell it, will anyone care? You don't think an internet-wannabe-lawyer will travel* to Norway and file a suit against Fifth Season? They can safely ignore you.

*)Everyone who lives in Norway will know that such a suit will fail misserably anyway, or at most will result in the removal of the personal information of the suer. You won't even get your legal fees covered.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:11   #8
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
afaik inf is quoting english law, which cannot be applied to a server hosted in a different country.

probably, i don't know i'm not a lawyer.

it's a moot point anyway, have you read the t&s's of the user agreement you ticked you agreed to when signing up to use the planetarion forums?

hmm?
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:25   #9
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
afaik inf is quoting english law, which cannot be applied to a server hosted in a different country.

it's a moot point anyway, have you read the t&s's of the user agreement you ticked you agreed to when signing up to use the planetarion forums?

hmm?
it's norwegian law, and there is no EULA that says pa can sell my personal data.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:32   #10
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by inf

it's norwegian law, and there is no EULA that says pa can sell my personal data.
We could just delete you now...
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:39   #11
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
There are many snippets of code posted on the P&IT forums which are clearly the property of their respective authors. 5S do not have the right to go around selling other peoples work now.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:45   #12
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Raging.Retard
There are many snippets of code posted on the P&IT forums which are clearly the property of their respective authors. 5S do not have the right to go around selling other peoples work now.
They dont own the code, they just own the medium they are posted on.

If a company is bought out by another company, should they immediately tell employees to delete their email accounts because the new bosses don't 'own their data'?
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 01:47   #13
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
They are not selling the medium though. The purchaser would need to provide new machines, thus its the data thats being moved.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 03:08   #14
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Read the announcement closer

(for those of you who can't be bothered here is the relevant bit)
Quote:
The sale will include:

All code developed and pertaining to the Planetarion game.
Alliance hosting (conditional)
The www.planetarion.com domain & name.
The Planetarion Forums.
The Planetarion Portal (conditional)

Does it say anything about user data?
I think not...
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 07:12   #15
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Anyone in their right mind would start over.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 11:26   #16
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
I'm not a "would-be-internet-lawyer", but I do know plenty about the various Data Protection laws of europe. Norway is not in the EC, but it is subject to "European Economic Area" laws - upon which the UK DP Act is based upon.

It's my "very well educated guess" that FS can't sell on these forums, without our permission. Neither can they sell on personal details for PA The Game without our permission. For two reasons:

1 - Legally you can only store/use data for the reason "for which it was obtained". As nobody envisaged their data being sold to an external entity, then I'm afraid this is a valid reason why FS must now obtain our permission (Zeus, you can do what you like with my info, feel free!)

2 - As stated below, the T&C of these forums is worded in such a way that it does imply prohibition of such a sale. "No processor may process personal data in any way other than that which is agreed in writing with the controller. Nor may the data be turned over to another person for storage or manipulation without such agreement." - which pretty much matches the legal stipulations in #1.

Sorry FS, but these pesky kids do have a valid point

I suggest some kind of system to allow ppl to opt-in to this sale. Of course, if they don't, their accounts get deleted anyway

Of course another option for FS is to sell the Forums and Game to "whoever", but empty it first - forcing people to re-register. Which would be a shame though, as there's a lot of history on these forums.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 11:34   #17
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
BTW, the forum is not in a state to be transferred, it is so buggy in areas it screws up because there are too many holes (as mentioned by karmulian earlier)

Also buying the forums with the users is feasable, as there are ways around it. Lets talk theoretically now

Insurance Company Shai-Gar and Co. Has a database of members of its insurance policys.

It gets taken over by selling of shares, whatever to JammyJim and Co. Insurance. Now that would mean that all profits held by Shai-Gar and Co will become property of JammyJim and Co.

By FS Selling on Planetarion, They would have to set up a "fake" sub-company called, i dunno, FS-Planetarion that the company who buys it will take over, therefore aquiring all the data

I Know the laws, but i know the ways around them ;-)
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 11:37   #18
Karmulian

Right

1) i will bring this up with zeus ASAP

2) The optional fields are just that - optional, if you posted your location etc its ur problem to remove them.

3) the data does NOT contain ur name, - only your email.

And until we recieve a list of people that don't want these passed on - we will leave them..

anyone who doesn't want it passed on - we shall simply delete you account.

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 11:42   #19
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian
I suggest some kind of system that enables people to enter their username and password in order to authorise sale of their various details.

It would be very simple actually (I can even do it!)

if username & password match
{
add a "I approve" flag to the user table in the DB
}

Then when the sale is complete run:

if approve = no
{
delete account
}

Quite straightforward actually.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 11:44   #20
Karmulian

I can do it even easier than that

adds optional field into profile.. makes it mandatory

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 11:46   #21
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

The Thing is

Will the forums even be in a transportable state?

You were saying earlier about a lot of DB Problems, will the data be able to be extracted?
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 11:53   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
The Thing is
a good film.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 13:05   #23
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer

hmm?
the UK DPA applies to all EUcountries and a few non EU countries (inc. Norway).

How does Jelsoft feel about their software (which is only rented btw) being sold on?

(http://www.vbulletin.com/order/)
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 13:09   #24
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Add

How does Jelsoft feel about their software (which is only rented btw) being sold on?

anyone any idea how long the license for this board runs to?
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 13:17   #25
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak

anyone any idea how long the license for this board runs to?
Forever

and im assuming they are selling the VBB Licence

the thing is you wouldnt want it as this is only 2.2.2, and i bet they ran out of updates
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 13:40   #26
Karmulian

Quote:
Originally posted by Add

WRONG

FSAS - have an owned license for the Jelsoft product, meaning they can do what they like with it..

with an owned license you only pay $30 a year for unlimited updates.

and yes they will be upgraded.. whether the admisn run the forum.. or the new owner runs them

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 13:46   #27
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:

WRONG

FSAS - have an owned license for the Jelsoft product, meaning they can do what they like with it..

and yes they will be upgraded.. whether the admisn run the forum.. or the new owner runs them
VB3 Beta 1

or 2.2.9
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 14:10   #28
Karmulian

unknown.. i would like vb3 beta

but its upto the new owners

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 14:16   #29
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
You sound like you think anyone is actually gonna buy Planetarion.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 14:28   #30
Karmulian

well i may sound like thats

but its not what i want... i think new owners will want a clean start with pa and will end up trashing what FSAS and pa crew.. have built.. and ofcourse we know the community doesn't like change.. and the community is small enough now

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 14:29   #31
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Iniluki

well i've bid £0.49

!
i see you're 49p and raise you an erm *looks around* pad of A4 lined paper (with margin) and also a blank biro (no lid)
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 14:42   #32
Ragnarak

Quote:

You swine!

I counter your offer with 7 empty cans of carling, an empty quater pounder box and an AOL cd!
i can match your empty lager cans and rise you a empty smirnoff bottle, a copied CD of Bob Dylans greatest hits and not one but two blank floppy disks
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 14:57   #33
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

how about £30,000 Underwritten by Barclays Bank, and hosting already organised and sponosred by BT?

Last edited by Starbucks; 27 Nov 2002 at 15:03.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 15:02   #34
Ragnarak

Quote:
how about £30,000 Underwritten by Barclays Bank, and hosting olready organised and sponosred by BT?

i said it before but i think the thread got deleted so:

bagsy admin/mod/PR guy/any job going
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 15:20   #35
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
how about £30,000 Underwritten by Barclays Bank, and hosting already organised and sponosred by BT?

argh..

if someone actually BUYS this game, it means i'm still not going to be able to quit ffs..
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:21   #36
inf
Banned

Quote:
Right

1) i will bring this up with zeus ASAP

2) The optional fields are just that - optional, if you posted your location etc its ur problem to remove them.

3) the data does NOT contain ur name, - only your email.

And until we recieve a list of people that don't want these passed on - we will leave them..

Personal detail also includes email, which is vital for the functional for the forums.

It also includes any personal data within the forum, and hence all posts would have to be manually checked.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:24   #37
inf
Banned

Quote:

WRONG

They may have a licence, but I'm pretty sure this does not allow the to resell the forums.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:25   #38
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Nobody actually cares, and would only sue out of spite.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:27   #39
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Nobody actually cares, and would only sue out of spite.
No need to sue, just report the violation.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:34   #40
Idi

Quote:
well i may sound like thats

but its not what i want... i think new owners will want a clean start with pa and will end up trashing what FSAS and pa crew.. have built.. and ofcourse we know the community doesn't like change.. and the community is small enough now
we do like change

its just for 2 years fifth season ignored the community and did what they wanted

nuff said.

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 17:49   #41
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

You swine!

I counter your offer with 7 empty cans of carling, an empty quater pounder box and an AOL cd!
AOL CD is the clincher
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 18:00   #42
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by inf

No need to sue, just report the violation.
well if the url stays the same, then there is no violation under vbulletins licence, if they do change the url, then that will have to be put in the member page at vbulletin
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 18:03   #43
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by inf

They may have a licence, but I'm pretty sure this does not allow the to resell the forums.
hi inf.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 18:06   #44
Idi

also, if they do sell our email addresses, what are we going to get in the way of a guaruntee saying that the new company wont sell them to wearegayandspam.com ?

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 18:29   #45
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Idi
also, if they do sell our email addresses, what are we going to get in the way of a guaruntee saying that the new company wont sell them to wearegayandspam.com ?
Probably the same sort of guarantee you got from Fifth Season.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 18:37   #46
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Im sure the new company will be reputable
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 19:16   #47
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by inf

The content of the forums and the license itself are two totally different things. Jelsoft have no claim whatsoever over the database contents as it has nothing to do with them, only the code is theirs.

As for the license, yes you can sell it
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 19:58   #48
inf
Banned

Quote:

well if the url stays the same, then there is no violation under vbulletins licence, if they do change the url, then that will have to be put in the member page at vbulletin
This may be so, but they cannot sell on personal data, because of norwegian law.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:02   #49
inf
Banned

Quote:
Im sure the new company will be reputable
a reputable company?
a company purchasing planetarion?

surely these two are mutually exclusive.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:03   #50
inf
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk

The content of the forums and the license itself are two totally different things. Jelsoft have no claim whatsoever over the database contents as it has nothing to do with them, only the code is theirs.

As for the license, yes you can sell it
Planetarion cannot sell 'the forums' as one entirety, because of the reasons I have already stated.
Closed Thread