User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 24 Sep 2010, 14:12   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Worst Alliance EVA!!

Ok, so let me explain firstly. I was going to play in Osiris this round, as last round i played with them and it was fun etc. However pre round dimentus kicked me. So fair enough etc, I really didn't know where to go. I knew Kenny and co were starting a new/decent alliance so I thought what the heck, spoke to Kenny and I was in. On arrival I kind of liked it apart from the fact loads of subh naabs were allowed in and Ali was hcing but meh, they all did okish as expected.

What were the completely awful/shocking things about NFI which I didn't like?

Kenny sent rediculous mails out daily boring the hell out of me. I eventually got these changed to bullet points which served a much more useful purpose.

Letting people in just for the sake of having there big fleets. These people i cannot stand and will never play with again.

Being the utterly most boring alliance EVER!! seriously napping napping napping, not the way I play.

Finally showing so much disrespect in breaking the NAP with ND. Shows they're the same breed of Asc and APP, horrible cu*ts.

On the plus!!!

Sun_Tzu and Lordn +1
nolez +1
csillag +1 (will pm for pics later)

to NFI members- drop tag so ND can win!!!!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 24 Sep 2010 at 14:53. Reason: less flaming please
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 14:21   #2
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Worst Alliance EVA!!

You left tag moments before I was going to kick you (and two hours before I declared I was going to kick you at the final tick anyway).

You're a twat. That's all there is to it.

Why you think I'd take any of your criticisms seriously I don't know.
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 14:27   #3
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Leaving tag just when you can't be destroyed anymore = classy
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 14:35   #4
nolezy
Class Clown

nolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nicenolezy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
On the plus!!!

Sun_Tzu and Lordn +1
nolez +1
csillag +1 (will pm for pics later)
You're alright in my book! (PS. Pass along those high heel pics! )

Round 13 - Angels - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 21
Round 16 - Ascendancy - when im gd im not gd of when im bad i suck - Rank 56
Round 28 - Ascendancy - The Olympic Glory of Michael Phelps - Rank 21
Round 38 - [NFI] - Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Rank 30
Round 39 - Imperia - Purdue of Boilermakers - Rank 59
Round 40 - xVx - An Shi Rebellion of the Tang Dynasty - Rank 2

I'll always give you a hand.
nolezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 14:54   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Another thing AD is not: a place where you can mindlessly flame the living daylight out of everyone.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 15:22   #6
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Another thing AD is not: a place where you can mindlessly flame the living daylight out of everyone.
Oh really? Since when? It's been that way for years.

Unread 24 Sep 2010, 15:28   #7
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What a wonderful thread that in no way makes me wish I'd never heard of the internet.
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 15:31   #8
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Finally showing so much disrespect in breaking the NAP with ND. Shows they're the same breed of Asc and APP, horrible cu*ts.
So far as I am aware in the time that I have been in asc we have never dropped a nap unless it has been by mutual consent. Otherwise it has been the other alliance dropping it to attack us.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 15:38   #9
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
So far as I am aware in the time that I have been in asc we have never dropped a nap unless it has been by mutual consent. Otherwise it has been the other alliance dropping it to attack us.
Dimentus? Vision? ring a bell?

Unread 24 Sep 2010, 15:38   #10
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
for someone so universally hated for being good at what he does ... he sure does manage to play a great game.

Are you insane?
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 15:40   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Oh really? Since when? It's been that way for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA forum rules
Clause 4: Flaming
Being unnecessarily abusive or needlessly aggressive to people will not be tolerated in any shape or form. Examples beyond the obvious include elitist behaviour, mass bandwagoning to have a go at someone or getting unnecessarily 'personal' about people. While people having a go at each other will be allowed, there is a line to be crossed. The moderators exist to determine this line and thus will enforce this rule as they see fit and the line may vary from subforum to subforum. Failure to comply will result in a warning as to your conduct and if necessary an appropriately timed ban from the forum.
And even better:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA forum rules
Clause 1: Moderator Discretion / "Life's unfair. Deal with it"
It has a body, too, but honestly the title is so good that I'm afraid the details will just disappoint.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 16:04   #12
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
You're a twat. That's all there is to it.
I'd like to take this opportunity to say "I told you so", because there wasn't enough Kenny-hate on the boards yet! <3

Also, napping 3 alliances (of which only two simultaneously at any given point) isn't a lot compared to some/most other rounds, the only shame in it was that we napped the one alliance that could have been a competitor for #1. But yea I can see why you like wartime more, since you were never online when the actual incs came.

edit: 17 ticks of having 3 naps due to cooldown period!
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 17:00   #13
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Asc or Apprime never broke their words in politics when it comes to NAPs. Ill enlighten you from Apprimes side of things anyways.

Sure, Apprime had a few controversial NAPs like the one with Asc r37, the one with ND round 37, and with Vision r36.

- Apprime had no cooldown period with Asc r37 because it was assumed that it would last through the round. They surprisingly refused to work with us while we were getting it up the bum from a block, and all our members wanted to break the nap and attack Asc for this.

- Apprime somehow got the blame for breaking the NAP with ND in round 37, purely because of a large block spilling propaganda all over.
The cooldown period was 48 hours, but ND broke the nap and attacked us the following night because 1 Apprime member attacked a ND planet who wasnt in our intel. The fleet was recalled but ND cried out that the NAP was broken, so they conveniently launched on us.

- in r36, Apprime was hunting top galaxies and alliances in an attempt to prevent stagnation. Lacking numbers to play for alliance win, but thats no excuse to roid random galaxies (hello universe). We went openly to war against pretty much anyone who wanted to, and we stayed friendly to Vision. We hit top galaxies every night and our agreement with vision was that we would not target them, but if they had planets in our raids on top gals, they would get incs. The agreement was mutual so we recieved incs from Vision aswell. However one weekend we did not set up a raid because people wanted a morning raid instead, so we scanned a fat gal in the morning and launched around 0800 gametime. The gal was holding 1 vision member who happened to be their second largest planet, with a horrible horrible fleetcomposition which made it stupidly easy to hit him with most of our fleets. He was 5-waved and recieved close to no def so we roided him. He also happened to be a "prominent" member and it resulted in Vision dropping our agreement and hitting us with a block. Apprime had no intentions to break the agreement but because of this particular member it was hyped up and used as an excuse to hit us.

Thats the only 3 episodes i can remember created a lot of attention and discussions and in none of those we could have acted any different. Whenever they are being referred to though, its examples of how dirty Apprime plays. Jealousy because we acheived something?

The same goes for Ascendancy as far as i know, i cant remember any broken agreements for as long as i played with and against them.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 17:04   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.

There was the Dimentus thing, which was a blatant and intentional breach of the NAP. Beyond that, I can't think of anything either, though I must admit that I'm very bad at remembering PA history.
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 17:17   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
There was the Dimentus thing, which was a blatant and intentional breach of the NAP. Beyond that, I can't think of anything either, though I must admit that I'm very bad at remembering PA history.
That's pretty much it. I certainly don't remember anything else and I'm pretty good at remembering pa history! Also for apprime you could include this round when cardi dropped the asc nap to rape golan's gal on the last day, ignoring the fact we had a cooldown period etc. Whining about that would be fairly gay though, not exactly a big deal and that gal got hit by everyone else anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzi
They surprisingly refused to work with us while we were getting it up the bum from a block, and all our members wanted to break the nap and attack Asc for this.
I don't know if you've never been told otherwise or if you just wrote it this way because it's easier but we repeatedly offered to hit any of the other three alliances we were fighting against. We just wouldn't drop the nd nap to hit them.
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 17:17   #16
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
But this move had no influence over alliance ranks at all. Neither did it influence the final planet rankings because Dedin was leading AND had Apprime landing on him before round was over. It was just for the lols and it was rather funny!
It also put Dedin wide open for incs himself, with all his available allydef outside his tag. If they had exploited that instead of deffing, now that would be hilarious!
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 17:22   #17
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Didn't we launch fi/co, so they couldn't retal? I'm not sure.

Well this got off-topic fast!
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 17:24   #18
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I don't know if you've never been told otherwise or if you just wrote it this way because it's easier but we repeatedly offered to hit any of the other three alliances we were fighting against. We just wouldn't drop the nd nap to hit them.
Even the Ascendancy members in my gal admitted you were just roiding random galaxies. The frustration of not recieving any help on targeting our enemies lead to popular demands of hitting Asc. Surely if you couldnt hit ND, there were other alliances to hit instead of random farms.
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 17:26   #19
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Didn't we launch fi/co, so they couldn't retal? I'm not sure.

Well this got off-topic fast!
Yeah but people left tag before they launched, prelaunching the same tick. This created a window of opportunity to retal, though they would need to discover it. If they had just JGPed their top planet it could have gotten interesting.
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 19:05   #20
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
Even the Ascendancy members in my gal admitted you were just roiding random galaxies. The frustration of not recieving any help on targeting our enemies lead to popular demands of hitting Asc. Surely if you couldnt hit ND, there were other alliances to hit instead of random farms.
JBG did say we offered I know we are blamed for all things but it is not our problem if we were not taken up on it. Besides in asc hitting random gals usually means we were doing sod all, ie all that u needed to do was pm a likely candidate with a target to put up!

Last edited by [B5]Londo; 24 Sep 2010 at 19:33.
[B5]Londo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 19:23   #21
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
I
- Apprime had no cooldown period with Asc r37 because it was assumed that it would last through the round. They surprisingly refused to work with us while we were getting it up the bum from a block, and all our members wanted to break the nap and attack Asc for this.
You can say this as often as you like, it still doesn't make it true.. Because none of that is accurate. There was a cooldown, it was pre-agreed and ignored (exactly like the broken nap this round). Yeah, I was on cgi irc at the time and didn't save the logs, I asked cardi for specific time/date logs and he just refused to show them (....) If Apprime had been attacking we would have attacked with them, but Apprime were grounding all fleets for def, and yeah then I refused to go pick a target and pure out flak for you to get less inc while pissing off the whole uni by being the only ones hitting them. Some people in Apprime got butthurt about us not throwing away our chances to win by help them and decided to turn on the only alliance that didn't hit you, but whatever, we still got the things out of the round that we wanted

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 21:42   #22
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
You can say this as often as you like, it still doesn't make it true.. Because none of that is accurate. There was a cooldown, it was pre-agreed and ignored (exactly like the broken nap this round). Yeah, I was on cgi irc at the time and didn't save the logs, I asked cardi for specific time/date logs and he just refused to show them (....) If Apprime had been attacking we would have attacked with them, but Apprime were grounding all fleets for def, and yeah then I refused to go pick a target and pure out flak for you to get less inc while pissing off the whole uni by being the only ones hitting them. Some people in Apprime got butthurt about us not throwing away our chances to win by help them and decided to turn on the only alliance that didn't hit you, but whatever, we still got the things out of the round that we wanted
-So you claim there was an agreement, but cant prove it. And how well does that go with the fact i never heard about the cooldown either?

-We grounded because we had multiple alliances hitting us and thats the sensible thing to do. You refusing to hit the opposition was a clear intention that you didnt want to work with us so we broke it and attacked you. wtf did you expect!?!

-About today it was clearly just for fun, you are just "butthurt" because it was your gal. Remember round 36 attack on dimentus anyone? well this is our version!
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 21:50   #23
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
-We grounded because we had multiple alliances hitting us and thats the sensible thing to do. You refusing to hit the opposition was a clear intention that you didnt want to work with us so we broke it and attacked you. wtf did you expect!?!
Man, I shoulda just said that to NewDawn two weeks ago and been done with it.
Unread 24 Sep 2010, 23:15   #24
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yeah but people left tag before they launched, prelaunching the same tick. This created a window of opportunity to retal, though they would need to discover it. If they had just JGPed their top planet it could have gotten interesting.
The timing was pretty much flawless tbh.
Most Asc members dropped tag at xx:58, and launched at xx:59

There was no 'window of opportunity' it was completely out of the blue.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2010, 12:10   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
We were roiding random galaxies. All that happened was cardi would demand we'd drop nap with nd, we'd refuse and then he'd ignore us and golan would just put some random gal. It was half the fact there was no communication or help from your side and half the fact that we just didn't think we had the activity to effectively target another alliance solo. Which, considering how fast we lost roids when we got targeted later on, was probably true.
Unread 25 Sep 2010, 13:22   #26
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
We were roiding random galaxies. All that happened was cardi would demand we'd drop nap with nd, we'd refuse and then he'd ignore us and golan would just put some random gal. It was half the fact there was no communication or help from your side and half the fact that we just didn't think we had the activity to effectively target another alliance solo. Which, considering how fast we lost roids when we got targeted later on, was probably true.
Exactly. You didnt target anyone at all because we were not attacking. Ascendancy should know all about grounding fleets to hold the fort. "no you are not attacking so we will go random gal raiding kthx" is just a huge slap in the face. Lets use r34 as an example when Ascendancy was targetted and Apprime targeted one of the opposing alliances 24/7 with defdraws to reduce your incs. whether you were selfish or just lazy, you were absolutely useless to have as ally.
Unread 25 Sep 2010, 14:43   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Exactly. You didnt target anyone at all because we were not attacking. Ascendancy should know all about grounding fleets to hold the fort. "no you are not attacking so we will go random gal raiding kthx" is just a huge slap in the face. Lets use r34 as an example when Ascendancy was targetted and Apprime targeted one of the opposing alliances 24/7 with defdraws to reduce your incs. whether you were selfish or just lazy, you were absolutely useless to have as ally.
Let's be ****ing honest here. The reason the block collapsed is because cardi went off and talked to everyone he could find about hitting ND. We were not going to flak for you because you'd managed to piss everyone off yet again. Attacking with apprime was virtually impossible anyways. Cardi would randomly ground fleets with no notice often on nights you weren't even getting hit. We had to faff around with 1.8 and 1.4 because cardi wouldn't tell them to not def ingal and suck it the **** up. The only reason ND would even consider working with you guys originally was because we convinced them. And we did target people. The first night we hit 2.8 which was an evo gal. I was pretty inactive myself and golan ended up setting up most of our targets, if we actually had any, but it was always my intention that we should help you guys out.

We were terrible that round due to the fact our activity was so bad but to describe us as a useless ally when your contribution consisted of screwing up the block and then backstabbing us because we weren't helping you enough is ****ing hilarious.
Unread 25 Sep 2010, 15:32   #28
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

Agreed then. We were both useless. The rational thing to do when being outnumbered is ofc to take care of ones allies, but we dont like that boring way of thinking so the reasonable thing to do for the average Apprime member was to charge heads first into the only friendly alliance. The luls!
Unread 25 Sep 2010, 16:10   #29
Kafir
Retired

Kafir is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Letting people in just for the sake of having there big fleets. These people i cannot stand and will never play with again.
I was against recruiting those Asc/App shipjumpers and kick outs like Reese for example. Tbh, many ppl were against that/those recruiting(s), but Kenny (and some other HCs) made the decisions against the rest of players. Just like the stupid Vacation-mode exploit. I did like it when LordN+Sun Tzu ran things and Kenny was more like a mascot, but the end of the round was horrible.

Personally i think NFI did nice job and i loved the morning raids. Those were awesome in many ways. But it seems that all the nice things are vanished behind all this crap some people were able to create around the alliance.

Last edited by lokken; 26 Sep 2010 at 00:26.
Kafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2010, 00:32   #30
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Okay any discussion of Ascendancy and Apprime's NAP without reference to why it's relevant to NFI is offtopic. Anything excessively personal without a planetarion-based point attached to it will be removed. I don't mind you all hating each other, but you could at least be civil within the rules of engagement we've handily provided for you over the ages. Thanks.

Last edited by lokken; 26 Sep 2010 at 00:39.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2010, 00:49   #31
pixel

pixel is an unknown quantity at this point

Planetarion is serious business.
pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Sep 2010, 08:25   #32
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
I was against recruiting those Asc/App shipjumpers and kick outs like Reese for example. Tbh, many ppl were against that/those recruiting(s), but Kenny (and some other HCs) made the decisions against the rest of players. Just like the stupid Vacation-mode exploit. I did like it when LordN+Sun Tzu ran things and Kenny was more like a mascot, but the end of the round was horrible.
That summed it up pretty well. Kenny is a great mascot. SunTzu and LordN seem like good HCs.

Unread 29 Sep 2010, 10:16   #33
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Even though I am extremely affectionate toward ND, I really don't understand all the hate for NFI this round. With the exception of some unnecessary and utterly dickish forum posts, they seem to have played the perfect round.

The whole vacation mode thing at the end (from a non players perspective) was hilarious and very cool indeed.

The bottom line for me is:

NFI won. There doesn't seem any evidence there was cheating.
What they did "in game" is FULLY JUSTIFIED by the win.

The only possible black marks on their round were a couple of cheesy posts on the forums (and that was really just sadly misplaced egomania) and what alliance lacks at least one person with a hilariously overinflated opinion of themself?

I think what NFI should learn from this round, is that if you are going to win anyway, there is absolutely no need to justify your actions on the forums if you suspect they might piss off some other players. The chances are that doing so will just make you look bad.

Last edited by HRH_H_Crab; 29 Sep 2010 at 10:21.
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2010, 23:57   #34
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
I think what NFI should learn from this round, is that if you are going to win anyway, there is absolutely no need to justify your actions on the forums if you suspect they might piss off some other players. The chances are that doing so will just make you look bad.
I agree with your post a good deal, as ultimately they were allowed by others to lock out the round. In the end I think what grates about NFI is their utter lack of confidence in terms of just napping more and more alliances even though the round was won for them.

If I was NFI I'd have defended my alliance on the forum by simply stating there was nothing to justify and if I wanted to win on every possible scale, then it was my decision to make and no-one elses. It would have caused quite a bit of uproar but I can't see an outcome where the other side don't start looking a bit bitter because they lost. Kenny's attempted justification a bit of an error but ultimately, not a very costly one beyond the embarassment he drew upon NFI. If you're winning and everything in your public relations goes to shit, be shameless!
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 01:06   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafir View Post
I was against recruiting those Asc/App shipjumpers and kick outs like Reese for example.
Who left Asc?
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 07:28   #36
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Who left Asc?
Draki
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 11:01   #37
t3k
The Video Guy

Anyone who thinks NFI would have won without my input clearly has their head shoved so far up their own ass they're walking around like a self-perpetuating glove puppet.

Kafir, you really do enjoy being above your own station, don't you?

edit: Reese ftw.
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 12:15   #38
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider View Post
Draki
Pre-round, right?

(I could've been so inactive I never noticed he left in the round)

But pre-round leaving Asc to play in a different tag and being open about it has never been really 'bad'.
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 12:16   #39
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Anyone who thinks NFI would have won without my input clearly has their head shoved so far up their own ass they're walking around like a self-perpetuating glove puppet.

Kafir, you really do enjoy being above your own station, don't you?

edit: Reese ftw.
Are you really suggesting no one else could do the job you did in NFI?

Maybe everyone else aren't the ones with their head in up their butt.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 12:38   #40
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
Pre-round, right?

(I could've been so inactive I never noticed he left in the round)

But pre-round leaving Asc to play in a different tag and being open about it has never been really 'bad'.
He newdaddied himself after a disagreement with someone, you inactive git!

Was something about not calcing an attack before recalling and him saying "I would finish t10? if I were NFI or App"

Something over nothing really.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 12:56   #41
Mzyxptlk
mz.

proposition 767 (31 days old): kick draki. mz commented '<@draki> iam pretty sure i could be top 3 if i would be in app or nfi <@draki> so dont push me.. i dont give a shit <@mz> is that a threat? <@draki> yes'. This prop expired 31 days ago. You are not currently voting on this proposition.

He newdaddied himself seconds after I started the kick prop. This was what, tick 500 or so?
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 13:08   #42
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Are you really suggesting no one else could do the job you did in NFI?

Maybe everyone else aren't the ones with their head in up their butt.
I see you're trying to put words in my mouth here, Linkie.

It's a lot easier to criticise somebody for saying the things you want them to, rather than what was actually said.

I am suggesting that my input in both creating the alliance (which wouldn't have happened had I not been involved) and recruiting for the alliance (which put us in a strong position to take the roundwin) and then doing man-management for the duration of the round was crucial in the final outcome.

I'm not being so arrogant as to say that it was exclusively because of this input that we won, but suggesting that without it we wouldn't have. It's like NFI was a big ol' machine with several cogs. All I'm saying is that I was an important cog!!
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 13:31   #43
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
proposition 767 (31 days old): kick draki. mz commented '<@draki> iam pretty sure i could be top 3 if i would be in app or nfi <@draki> so dont push me.. i dont give a shit <@mz> is that a threat? <@draki> yes'. This prop expired 31 days ago. You are not currently voting on this proposition.

He newdaddied himself seconds after I started the kick prop. This was what, tick 500 or so?
Nice. Good stuff.
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 13:48   #44
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

if he was NFI or APP?!. Its insulting to Apprimes standards that a player like Draki thinks he would do well in Apprime. He can only do well in a round like this, in an alliance like NFI and this prop vote speaks for itself! Even if he was top3 in App somehow, someone with their heads on the right place would kick him out and put him up on allyraid, without a prop vote!
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 13:56   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

In fairness to draki I don't really blame him at all. He wanted to play with an active ally and we weren't. So he left. We didn't really have any pecular affiiliation and my only gripe would be that I've always thought leaving tag to join another midround makes you a ****ing faggot.
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 14:03   #46
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I see you're trying to put words in my mouth here, Linkie.
I did not. You said that without you NFI would not have won. Which suggests that no one else could do what you did.

Quote:
It's a lot easier to criticise somebody for saying the things you want them to, rather than what was actually said.'
Which is why I asked you what you meant to say in your post. Although it was definately a leading question, it was leading towards what I thought you meant to say.

Quote:
I am suggesting that my input in both creating the alliance (which wouldn't have happened had I not been involved) and recruiting for the alliance (which put us in a strong position to take the roundwin) and then doing man-management for the duration of the round was crucial in the final outcome.
So what you are saying is that you did an important job, but if you were not in that position, someone else could do the same job? Maybe except for starting the alliance.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 14:26   #47
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
I did not. You said that without you NFI would not have won. Which suggests that no one else could do what you did.
Everyone knows that sun_tzu and LordN were the true driving force behind NFI anyway

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 30 Sep 2010 at 14:27. Reason: quote tag fix
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 14:27   #48
t3k
The Video Guy

As opposed to thinking I was absolutely unique and nobody else ever would have the ability to what I did? No, that's not where my mind's at, Linkie. NFI won because I contributed. I did this over one round, and my alliance won. Given that alliances have been winning rounds prior to R38 in which I wasn't involved I'd assume I'm not the only person capable of doing my job.

I would say though that a lot of people joined NFI specifically because was leading it. I'd also then say that some people specifically didn't join for the same reason!

HC'ing "ability" comes down to experience and time available to invest in managing the people you've recruited. I invested a lot of time in managing the people in the alliance and I'm proud of the response. I couldn't have done Patrikc or LordN's job, but then LordN couldn't have done my job and Patrikc lacked the time to invest in the latter stages of the round.
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 14:30   #49
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Everyone knows that sun_tzu and LordN were the true driving force behind NFI anyway
It's all down to perspective. NewDawn (your alliance) thinks it was all tzu/lordn because they were the only ones in your joint channel (such incredibly shit logic it's not even worth laughing at).

To generalize to the extent of "because I think this, it must mean everyone else thinks this" makes you a bit of a ****.
Unread 30 Sep 2010, 14:35   #50
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

I'm glad you didn't think it was a solo effort on your part.