User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 11 May 2009, 21:42   #1
aksel

aksel is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Country vs. country

Just a funny thought I had...
If alliances was split up so that players from UK played with others from UK.. And Norwegians with Norwegians and so on.
What country would come out on top?
aksel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 21:44   #2
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Country vs. country

The one with the highest score?

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 21:46   #3
aksel

aksel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
The one with the highest score?
no shit?
i knew i could expect these kinds of answeres from the forum troll squad.
aksel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 21:58   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lithuania.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 21:59   #5
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

In round 6 (or was it 7, or inbetween the two) there was a pa speedround worldcup. First there were qualifiers in each region (these included, though i could be wrong, the UK, america+canada, australasia, scandinavia, rest of europe). The winners and runners up went into the final.

If i remember correctly, a norwegian galaxy won. And I think that would be the same if it was done nowadays in a similar worldcup - they're hardcore nutcases. But for a 2month round, ~90players - I would go for the UK, if you include ireland (Assuming the said uk alliance attacked the american/asian galaxies at appropriate times of the day).
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2009, 22:00   #6
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksel View Post
no shit?
i knew i could expect these kinds of answeres from the forum troll squad.
lol chill out, i heard this question a while back, someone mentioned the fins, other mentioned the fact that the Americans could lay waste to the Europeans while they slept. I think time zone would play more of a part than player skill, though i dont know exact numbers from each country.
Would be an interesting statistic though

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 11 May 2009, 23:05   #7
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

the last "world cup" was won by a UK team sometime around R18 wasn't it?

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...rion_World_Cup

Looks like it's written by jer...
Unread 12 May 2009, 00:00   #8
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I'd love to have a go at this again some time, but I don't a full length round would work.
Unread 12 May 2009, 00:08   #9
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
In round 6 (or was it 7, or inbetween the two) there was a pa speedround worldcup. First there were qualifiers in each region (these included, though i could be wrong, the UK, america+canada, australasia, scandinavia, rest of europe). The winners and runners up went into the final.

If i remember correctly, a norwegian galaxy won. And I think that would be the same if it was done nowadays in a similar worldcup - they're hardcore nutcases. But for a 2month round, ~90players - I would go for the UK, if you include ireland (Assuming the said uk alliance attacked the american/asian galaxies at appropriate times of the day).
As always, pure genius

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 00:35   #10
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

i played in that world cup speedgame thing

my galaxy nearly made it past the qualifiers, we had a player disqualified for account sharing, iirc, lol :/ can't remember who else was in the gal though, if anyone remembers let me know

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 00:37   #11
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Heh, I remember playing half-assedly in the last world cup

That was great fun

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 01:18   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post

it was a combined ireland/uk team
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 02:18   #13
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
it was a combined ireland/uk team
I knew you'd pop up with that.
Unread 12 May 2009, 14:21   #14
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post

haha, I was actually in that galaxy (last minute replacement for .. alki?) - the tournament was a failure really. No one else bothered playing (eg, the norwegian galaxy just decided to go get drunk instead iirc). Not to diminish the accomplishments of the, predominantly, asc uk galaxy.

That first world cup rocked didn't it Mek!!!! Sounds like your galaxy was competing with mine for the bronze finals went down to the very last tick, most exciting pa has ever been for anyone involved. My gal won ofc <3

But things were totally unfair back then (just like the 2nd worldcup was I suppose). Each regional qualifier was dominated completely by the legion/fury mixed gals. The UK one had 2 legion/fury hc-type gals dominating, and a 3rd with lesser names in it also miles ahead of the rest. Thankfully my gal persuaded the top 2 gals to bash the 3rd gal to make it fun for the rest. And it was <3 (3rd place went into the bronze finals - like a 3rd/4th play-off I suppose).

If i remember correctly you had Zeus in your galaxy then Mek? I seem to remember him getting despondent over cheating in his galaxy, and went about destroying it or so.

Anywho, as the r18 worldcup demonstrated, there just isn't a big enough player base anymore to make a worldcup event fun Or maybe trying one over the winter would be more successful? I seem to remember the final being on a pretty ****ing awesome weekend weather-wise. And during the footy world cup too?...

Hi CBA!
Unread 12 May 2009, 15:40   #15
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
haha, I was actually in that galaxy (last minute replacement for .. alki?) - the tournament was a failure really. No one else bothered playing (eg, the norwegian galaxy just decided to go get drunk instead iirc). Not to diminish the accomplishments of the, predominantly, asc uk galaxy.

That first world cup rocked didn't it Mek!!!! Sounds like your galaxy was competing with mine for the bronze finals went down to the very last tick, most exciting pa has ever been for anyone involved. My gal won ofc <3

But things were totally unfair back then (just like the 2nd worldcup was I suppose). Each regional qualifier was dominated completely by the legion/fury mixed gals. The UK one had 2 legion/fury hc-type gals dominating, and a 3rd with lesser names in it also miles ahead of the rest. Thankfully my gal persuaded the top 2 gals to bash the 3rd gal to make it fun for the rest. And it was <3 (3rd place went into the bronze finals - like a 3rd/4th play-off I suppose).

If i remember correctly you had Zeus in your galaxy then Mek? I seem to remember him getting despondent over cheating in his galaxy, and went about destroying it or so.

Anywho, as the r18 worldcup demonstrated, there just isn't a big enough player base anymore to make a worldcup event fun Or maybe trying one over the winter would be more successful? I seem to remember the final being on a pretty ****ing awesome weekend weather-wise. And during the footy world cup too?...

Hi CBA!
as for the first WC, the scandinavian quals was not dominated by fury/legion at all, afaik the onlyone from my gal(later to evolve into trekronor in pia) that was fury/legion back then, was me, maybe carnis also(?) though i think he was in FA allready then.(the gal also included a noob i tried to antivouch named elviz)

the other gal i can remember, was the elysium gal, with Sakera, Darkplague, Thevoid etc, they finished second in the scandinavian quals.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 16:49   #16
newt
Banned

Guess that makes sense - fury/legion didn't have that many hcs/officers to completely dominate every regional qualifiers like they did in the uk

Do you remember who won the final? I can remember being mildly shocked that the uk galaxies didn't win. But having talked to people about the first world cup, and unrepressing repessed memories, I seem to think it was a galaxy that was run by unforgiven that won? So australian? Can't remember ****ing old age sinility.

Back on topic, a round of pa where alliances were based on regions would be kind of cool! If only to watch the current set of american/etc players going from awesome -> shit overnight.
Unread 12 May 2009, 17:17   #17
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

team Estonia wouldnt win cos of too few ppl in it, but it would surely have the best players in pa!!
Unread 12 May 2009, 17:24   #18
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Quote:
Guess that makes sense - fury/legion didn't have that many hcs/officers to completely dominate every regional qualifiers like they did in the uk

Do you remember who won the final? I can remember being mildly shocked that the uk galaxies didn't win. But having talked to people about the first world cup, and unrepressing repessed memories, I seem to think it was a galaxy that was run by unforgiven that won? So australian? Can't remember ****ing old age sinility.

Back on topic, a round of pa where alliances were based on regions would be kind of cool! If only to watch the current set of american/etc players going from awesome -> shit overnight.
i cant remember who won, we went all zik(r6 stats) had a huge lead, then we ended up in a 2v8 fight, held our own very well, but when sakera and the other ****s stabbed us, and made it 1v9 we lost in the end, we still got the #1 planet though, i think itto(H_Bozz younger brother) won that one, but as for gal, i do not know think we ended #2 or #3 gal, they kept hitting us till the game stopped.

Edit: those i remember from the gal > Longfellow, Lordn, Carnis, Skaut, Dezaster, elviz, H_Bozz, AllBad, itto, Foxman, darkfiz, tuhoaja. so cant remember everyone, i think we had 5 norwegians(me, elviz, itto, h_bozz, and allbad) and the rest was finns.
Unread 12 May 2009, 17:32   #19
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman View Post
lordn, carnis, skaut, dezaster, , darkfiz, tuhoaja.
<3

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 18:18   #20
newt
Banned

My galaxy was better!! imarbles, djcomplex, audaciter, slowfinger, me, cheek, fatkid, pommeh and serra. And someone who was obviously too shit to remember. I was GC! And if you still aren't impressed... we had a Simpsons galaxy theme too!
Unread 12 May 2009, 18:24   #21
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

yeah we did go into the bronze playoff final thing. i was so pissed because we lost out because of something so retarded.

either way it was fun, and a great way to pass a weekend and there were alot of good players in that world cup

Unread 12 May 2009, 18:45   #22
newt
Banned

So your galaxy finished 3rd, mine 4th! 1tick before the end, we were 3rd and you 4th. For the last 1-2hrs my gal was constantly bombarded with incommings from everywhere since we were 3rd, us just trying to desperately not lose fleet. But our biggest planet got fleetcaught on the last tick (fatkid grrrr :@), a tick we didn't think would take place.

Hence djcomplex/cheek/others went apeshit at pateam about it, and we managed to blag an extra spot in the bronze finals. Even though we shouldn't have been there. I'm sure modern pa team would just restate the rules, ignore us, and not let us qualify Spinner & co ftw!

Nice little walk down memory lane back to the days when pa was fun <3
Unread 12 May 2009, 20:04   #23
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

In every alliance I have been were plenty of Dutchies around, I believe we were like the 5th nation in playercount, and quite a few v good players. but then again, in 32 rounds none has won. so it's probably like football: playing great but never winning when it matters ;-)

I would really like to know how many players come from each country now. In r5 or so it was once published (loads of Norwegians, UK and Germans, and like I said before the Dutchies around 5th spot. If you set that off to playerwins per country, it might give an indication.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 21:44   #24
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Belgium didn't play last world cup because we couldn't find enough players willing to play for us

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2009, 22:42   #25
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt
Anywho, as the r18 worldcup demonstrated, there just isn't a big enough player base anymore to make a worldcup event fun Or maybe trying one over the winter would be more successful? I seem to remember the final being on a pretty ****ing awesome weekend weather-wise. And during the footy world cup too?
I don't really remember that. It was sort of wank though, nobody else really playing for anything more than a couple of hours at a time. I'd say if you intensively advertised it as an event between rounds (if you had a half-decent break between the rounds, say two/three weeks after one round finishes and a week before the next one starts) you'd get a half-decent turn-out. There wouldn't really be that many countries though would there? You'd get a couple of uk gals, an american one, a norwegian one, a lith one, maybe a finnish and german one, can't think of that many more.
Unread 12 May 2009, 23:44   #26
newt
Banned

I can remember the weekend of the final vividly! Was a few days before i set off to germany for the summer, and the weather was awesome cos 15mins before tickstart I ran to my local off license to stock up on guinness (I have a photographic memory for anything I've done asc-related in my life).

One of the main things that ruined that final (I recall ranting about it a lot pre-tickstart, much to ppls' annoyance) was that jer overdid the politics, vastly. The tournament was over in 60minutes or so. But then I don't get why people, who are already favourites, go out of their way to guarantee an easy win (so yes, r23 exilition I had a few rants there too). Don't understand the mentality behind it, in a game like this [= main reason i totally suck at pa probably].

Sadly, I can imagine any world cup would feature similar politics going on - though could of course backfire during the game.

Oh, also, if it was in the winter + how you described, I wouldn't mind betting that there'd be a lot more galaxies than that. eg, I'd probably make a "noob" one - no hope of winning, but maybe qualifying for bronze finals and such.
Unread 12 May 2009, 23:50   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, a lot of the time it's sort of difficult to accurately estimate the strength of your opposition! If you got enough gals I imagine politics would sort of balance itself out in some chaotic mess though.
Unread 13 May 2009, 13:51   #28
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

h0lland would win no contest
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2009, 14:12   #29
Cocteau
Cherry Colored Funk

Cocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to allCocteau is a name known to all

Quote:

If i remember correctly, a norwegian galaxy won.
From what i remember. It was the ANZAC (Aus/Kiwi) gal that won this worlcup you're referring to. Sadly they didn't get their GFX card (the price). The gal is led by TheUnknown and Kileman. Other players from memory are Ish, Dingo, etc.
Really need you

-- My Bloody Valentine
Cocteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 2009, 14:25   #30
newt
Banned

Yeh, I realised my msitake in a later post think i called him unforgiven instead of unknown though hehe. My memory is shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
Well, a lot of the time it's sort of difficult to accurately estimate the strength of your opposition!
Pah, not in the 2 situations I mentioned at least Though worldcup might have been more challenging if wish/elviz's gal had bothered to play the final.
Unread 13 May 2009, 14:31   #31
Foxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocteau View Post
From what i remember. It was the ANZAC (Aus/Kiwi) gal that won this worlcup you're referring to. Sadly they didn't get their GFX card (the price). The gal is led by TheUnknown and Kileman. Other players from memory are Ish, Dingo, etc.
sounds correct to me
Unread 14 May 2009, 10:44   #32
Foxman

Quote:
So your galaxy finished 3rd, mine 4th! 1tick before the end, we were 3rd and you 4th. For the last 1-2hrs my gal was constantly bombarded with incommings from everywhere since we were 3rd, us just trying to desperately not lose fleet. But our biggest planet got fleetcaught on the last tick (fatkid grrrr :@), a tick we didn't think would take place.
we ended #2 or #3 in the final though newt
Unread 14 May 2009, 15:07   #33
newt
Banned

Ya man, I wasnt serious that my galaxy was better than your's - I was GC ffs!! (or started as gc ). eg - my r6: begged my way into hirr, was very high ranked -> thus i was a spy and got kicked out - couldn't join any other alliance, quit - thankfully i met mitre during all this and he improved my alliance-getting skills somewhat!

That said my galaxy wasn't totally shit. Think fatkid was a virus officer, imarbles genesis hc (and generally well respected), audaciter was a xanadu officer, serra a hirr officer, djcomplex was something too..... but still, my galaxy was a noob one However, the UK qualifiers were fun+++++++++++++++++++++ right up to the very last tick (for anyone in the #3,4,5,6 galaxies) and since mek remembers it, I'm posting about it!

While your galaxy was better, highly doubt you had anywhere near as much fun as we did. And pa is all about fun (its a game!) - thus my galaxy > your's.
Unread 17 May 2009, 22:19   #34
Foxman

we had elviz, me and skaut ffs?
how can that NOT be fun?

a drunken sami, me + and finnish alcoholic/junkie/14yo ****er.
we pwned!
Unread 18 May 2009, 13:26   #35
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

the german players would have decent chances thinking of gosu if they'd play in a pa worldcup.. however this would be interesting if they come up with something like that once again, I'd be up for it if its sometime soon!

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2009, 14:33   #36
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Something about knowing when your opponent is asleep (or at least the majority) seems to make the whole idea a bit unrealistic.

Unread 18 May 2009, 16:03   #37
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
Something about knowing when your opponent is asleep (or at least the majority) seems to make the whole idea a bit unrealistic.
not really as the whole point was to stay awake for the whole 24hrs
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2009, 16:07   #38
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
not really as the whole point was to stay awake for the whole 24hrs
my bad, read dates wrong, didnt realise was a 24 hour thing.

Unread 18 May 2009, 18:51   #39
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Pah, not in the 2 situations I mentioned at least Though worldcup might have been more challenging if wish/elviz's gal had bothered to play the final.
Playing PA at weekends is a no no man.
I will never ever again play any sort of speedgames taking place on weekends.
Why? Its not worth it. If u get a hardcore team together, u win too easy, and then realise those who went out for beer and pussy beat you

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2009, 21:55   #40
Foxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Playing PA at weekends is a no no man.
I will never ever again play any sort of speedgames taking place on weekends.
Why? Its not worth it. If u get a hardcore team together, u win too easy, and then realise those who went out for beer and pussy beat you
thank god wafhh always goes for the pussy!
Unread 18 May 2009, 23:00   #41
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

too bad you never get it

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2009, 08:11   #42
Foxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
too bad you never get it
i always score with your mom
Unread 22 May 2009, 12:57   #43
Mek
InSomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
the german players would have decent chances thinking of gosu if they'd play in a pa worldcup.. however this would be interesting if they come up with something like that once again, I'd be up for it if its sometime soon!
i would be more than happy to join/lead a team of UK players for this

Unread 22 Jan 2010, 23:06   #44
Sakera
The Nosferatu

Sakera is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman View Post
i cant remember who won, we went all zik(r6 stats) had a huge lead, then we ended up in a 2v8 fight, held our own very well, but when sakera and the other ****s stabbed us, and made it 1v9 we lost in the end, we still got the #1 planet though, i think itto(H_Bozz younger brother) won that one, but as for gal, i do not know think we ended #2 or #3 gal, they kept hitting us till the game stopped.

Edit: those i remember from the gal > Longfellow, Lordn, Carnis, Skaut, Dezaster, elviz, H_Bozz, AllBad, itto, Foxman, darkfiz, tuhoaja. so cant remember everyone, i think we had 5 norwegians(me, elviz, itto, h_bozz, and allbad) and the rest was finns.

We went for the win, and together our alliance was too strong to be fair for the other players anyway. Was fun anyway
Round 3: 79:11:1 - Fx9
Round 4: 30:14:8 (Smurf Village) - Fx9/Elysium/Fury/NFU
Round 5: 21:4:1- Fury/NFU
Round 6: 27:13:3 - Silver/Elysium
Round 7: 21:21:11 - Elysium
Round 8: 45:7:4 - Elysium
Round 9: 40:9:1 - Farmer/abuser/blatant liar/providers doll
Sakera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 05:21   #45
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakera View Post
We went for the win, and together our alliance was too strong to be fair for the other players anyway. Was fun anyway
Went for it. And blew it. GG.

Also, Foxman sucks. <3
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 22:42   #46
Sakera
The Nosferatu

Sakera is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah, we won. Just not in PA.
Round 3: 79:11:1 - Fx9
Round 4: 30:14:8 (Smurf Village) - Fx9/Elysium/Fury/NFU
Round 5: 21:4:1- Fury/NFU
Round 6: 27:13:3 - Silver/Elysium
Round 7: 21:21:11 - Elysium
Round 8: 45:7:4 - Elysium
Round 9: 40:9:1 - Farmer/abuser/blatant liar/providers doll
Sakera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2010, 23:33   #47
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Also, Foxman sucks. <3
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 02:21   #48
Tri

Tri has a spectacular aura aboutTri has a spectacular aura aboutTri has a spectacular aura about

Hi Sakera!

And yes, Aus/NZ won the first World Cup.
I think we (Elysium Norwegian gal) was second after day one, being allied with the aussie gal. Then we tried to do a backstab that failed utterly and completely, and aussie gal won by a mile. I actually believe I remember their coords were 1:18... Damn.

Anyway, was fun.
Unread 25 Jan 2010, 20:33   #49
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

And thanks to me betting on the Norwegians, a certain picture surfaced shortly after |:

Unread 25 Jan 2010, 22:02   #50
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That was less fun then throwing you in a pool though.