User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Apr 2015, 15:18   #1
Victor Von Doom

Victor Von Doom is an unknown quantity at this point
Post One Enemy to rule (unite) them all

Hello!

I am new here, but I already played a similar game to Planetarion. Nevertheless, Planetarion is quite better. Amazing game. You always have something to do. But I have an idea that I want to discuss with the admin.

Even as a dynamic game, because developers do not create, for example, a sixth alien race NPC (non-player character), so that players from several alliances unite to destroy, citing as an example World of Warcraft? It would be really cool to have a global missions for alliances give pause war with each other to defeat a common enemy.

Please, discuss, people.
Victor Von Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2015, 16:47   #2
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice
Re: One Enemy to rule (unite) them all

hi welcome

but no
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2015, 17:17   #3
Victor Von Doom

Thank you. Nice nice game. No why?
Unread 30 Apr 2015, 18:12   #4
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Can you expand on how this would work? And what benefit it would have to playing for ranks?
Unread 30 Apr 2015, 18:51   #5
Victor Von Doom

As small standard missions available in the "overview", could be global missions, based on the history of the game, like a "campaign mode". Could come as score to rank the game, but this was not the primary goal, but the fun and the roleplay.

Example: a great event of an invasion of the race "x", which would have to be contained by players of various galaxies. You could earn points and participate in the history of the game. These events could occur once, twice, three times per round, at most, and help to shatter the "routine".

I'm a programmer and player RPG and online games. With the help of administrators needed to create scripts for these missions, I am totally available.
Unread 30 Apr 2015, 19:33   #6
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

I don't dislike the idea. Butit would change the game a lot. Could be interesting, more work on what actually happens would be needed.

Volunteer programmer? Yes please!
Unread 30 Apr 2015, 20:24   #7
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
I don't dislike the idea. Butit would change the game a lot. Could be interesting, more work on what actually happens would be needed.

Volunteer programmer? Yes please!
Like blue said alot of work i dont disagree with it but it simply will not happen useless someone comes along and takes the time to program this into the game and who would want to do that with a 10 year old game that has like 500/400 active planets that play with any interest

its cool to see new people joining us and giving ideas!!

come on irc to #planetarion and have a chat with the staff about it and the players
Unread 30 Apr 2015, 20:31   #8
Victor Von Doom

Yes, I am a volunteer programmer, lol. I believe that the routines of the game would not change much, but I do not know exactly.

600 active players. The game I played this type was less than 100. 600 is MUCH people, lol.

Well, as soon as I can get on IRC to chat. Here I cannot. If anyone has ideas about it, share it here.

Last edited by Victor Von Doom; 30 Apr 2015 at 21:12.
Unread 30 Apr 2015, 23:34   #9
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

if you programme as i said talk to on on the game developers appro or ace et and sort it out
Unread 30 Apr 2015, 23:45   #10
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

If youve played games like "Clash of Clans" there is "campaign" mode there.
But for something like that to work in PA you will have to know exactly how its gonna be.
I dont mind brainstorming, i just dont see why this cant be a great idea.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2015, 08:49   #11
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

tbh its not that dumb idea. Make a campaign mode which uses a "copy set" of your ships and fleets so you still can use them in real combat. Use this mode to learn players to fake attacks, fake def calculate attacks and dc etc. And have some small rewards for doing them. And some easy way to just claim the rewards if you done it before so you dont have to waste x number of hours each round. You could also tell a story in this campaign mode kinda like they do in starcraft and warcraft to get to know some history of all the races.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2015, 19:57   #12
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Another Idea would be the have a 2nd round running on one of the other servers that is a "campaign mode" Which would also be a GREAT thing for beginners to learn the game. Have it be like a fixed 7day round that resets every Sunday(or what ever day is best) and it could detail to new players about the fundamentals of the game so that even if they don't look at the forums to find out that getting into an alliance is a very good idea.

You could also put a scoring system attached to this "campaign mode" that players could show to alliance that they want to get into that could help the alliance understand about the level of active the new player is. I actually would love for something like this to be implemented. However adding it to the regular round seems like a bad idea as it would change WAY to much.
Unread 1 May 2015, 20:13   #13
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I love this idea tbh and think it warrants a lot more discussion
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2015, 21:58   #14
Deakonn

Deakonn is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be an interesting addition to the game
Dunno what the rewards for completing the missions could be apart from massive amounts of xp
I think it'd add a cool angle tho
Ally xx sitting in 3rd place attempts missions while competing ally's try target ing them while they're campaigning to keep them from completing,
It could make the race for top ally more interesting And it'd most likely give all the naps and such more meaning
Unread 2 May 2015, 03:54   #15
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Imo for something like that to work, the winning by score condition should be removed, as it is hard to find something that can compete against sitting on your own roids without being too overpower. Those points from ally ranking could be a good replacement.

Also, some ideas for "missions" that could end the round before tick 1177:

1) Capture the Flag: each ally nominates a flag holder, that ally wins the round if the flag holder steals the flags from the flag holders of the top 5 alliances.

2) The Artifact: an artifact can be obtained in a mission (free for all alliances and repeatable) at the cost of a great amount of alliance value. Holding that artifact for 5 days would give the alliace the win. If the artifact is stolen, the new holder must then hold it for 10 days, the time would double each time the artifact changes hands. Therefore even stealing from another ally being less costy than obtaining from the mission, at some point it would be pointless to fight for that artifact.
Unread 3 May 2015, 06:56   #16
Blue_Esper

perhaps there should be a list of goals that alliance can achieve, and its up to the alliance to nominate how many goals they want to achieve and select from a list, for example alliance nominates a planet win, 3 top 10 planets, and ranking better than 5 and for each goal they achieve they receive credits for completing hard goals, or some small bonus like 10mil res into ally fund, or something that can carry on for the next round. there can be small goals for small alliances that may not be able to win the big goals like ally win etc
Unread 3 May 2015, 07:54   #17
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I would be ok with something like that. Although that's kinda off topic but I do like the Idea.
Unread 3 May 2015, 09:34   #18
Blue_Esper

just thinking of ways to reward players/alliances
Unread 4 May 2015, 18:00   #19
Victor Von Doom

I am reading and thinking about your comments. Thanks men, for brainstorming. Later, today, Iam posting here. Thanks!
Unread 4 May 2015, 20:27   #20
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortran View Post
Imo for something like that to work, the winning by score condition should be removed, as it is hard to find something that can compete against sitting on your own roids without being too overpower. Those points from ally ranking could be a good replacement.

Also, some ideas for "missions" that could end the round before tick 1177:

1) Capture the Flag: each ally nominates a flag holder, that ally wins the round if the flag holder steals the flags from the flag holders of the top 5 alliances.

2) The Artifact: an artifact can be obtained in a mission (free for all alliances and repeatable) at the cost of a great amount of alliance value. Holding that artifact for 5 days would give the alliace the win. If the artifact is stolen, the new holder must then hold it for 10 days, the time would double each time the artifact changes hands. Therefore even stealing from another ally being less costy than obtaining from the mission, at some point it would be pointless to fight for that artifact.
On your 2nd idea i would rather reverse your time suggestion: Start high: (xx days from beginning, and lower the time needed to hold it ftw as it swaps holders.) Increasing it would most likely make a never ending round, specially if you double the time spand.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2015, 10:46   #21
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Victor Von Doom you are absolutely right about that at least some sort of KI base/quest based pirate thing race would benefit the game and eventually attract new players.
Check out what points I wrote that we could change about the game, basiacally suggests the same thing as yours + some optional things:

http://planetarionredesign.jimdo.com
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2015, 01:36   #22
Victor Von Doom

There are two ideas here: campaign mode and global quest. In Campaign mode, players can learn more about dinamic of the game, and read about the history of the universe of planetarion; I believe that could be like other games, where campaign and online mode are treated separately

Global quest its a generic term. It is my favourite idea, and it will help players to roleplay, thus interacting with the universe of planetarion itself. Global quest can be quests that need more than one galaxy of players to be complete, and this quests have influence in the story of the game. Example: a situation where an alien race invade the universe and need to be destroyed. This alien race is AI, not players. And with your arrival, some dynamics of the game could change. The idea of an artifact or advantage for the alliance/galaxy/player could be made.

The goal of the game currently is rank. The winner is that do more points. And this do not change. But this idea can be used to develop a history that can be changed BY players. And more: one alien race destroyed in a round, can be BACK another round, with vengeance, with a new villain (an especific planet ruled by an authentic villain, like Darth Vader).

Apart the ranking and the points, players could win medals of the "hero that has killed The Villain X", or alliance that has commanded the attack "x", etc.

I dont believe that winning by score need to be removed, but others goals can be implemented to players that have no interest in just to play for points. The idea of capture the flag is good, but instead of flag could be a powerfull artifact or technology to give bonus to spaceships, for example.

Think in rules that give some benefit to solo players. You dont need to be in a alliance to be competitive. Goal. Medals. Points. Give to players chances to find something to use.

I'll try to talk to the admins and see if these ideas , or some of them , can be implemented. I need to understand the mechanics of the game better.

Zeke, I like your ideas. Are you a programmer too?

Thank you all for brainstorming. I hope we can talk to the admins and some of them show interest and the possible ideas to be realized!

Live long and prosper!

Last edited by Victor Von Doom; 8 May 2015 at 01:43.
Unread 9 May 2015, 14:03   #23
Zeke

Zeke is on a distinguished road

Nah unfortunately im no programer, i could just do some new gfx if I find the time ;P
But you are completely right, this game needs more rewards that are also achieveable quite soon for new players. I mean all current free to play games have daily or weekly quests to achieve and you are rewarded with some stuff. And the "quests" for new players have to be fixed, most of the laters ones are impossible to achieve with the current roundsetup and dont have rewards..
If you are into apps, which planetarion needs desperately, because the webby on smartphnoes is quite annoying to maneuver, you can ask bbutcher, he was looking for someone to teamup with!
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2015, 18:14   #24
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sorry to poop on your party, but the amount of effort required to implement campaign-like things makes these ideas completely infeasible.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2015, 01:11   #25
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Sorry to poop on your party, but the amount of effort required to implement campaign-like things makes these ideas completely infeasible.
You are probably right but how awesome would it be, if some 'aliens' descended on pa and removed 10% from every planet every 24 hours until they are defeated, and they could only be defeated by a united front?
Unread 10 May 2015, 07:10   #26
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
You are probably right but how awesome would it be, if some 'aliens' descended on pa and removed 10% from every planet every 24 hours until they are defeated, and they could only be defeated by a united front?
i dont see anything awesome about that, it will most likely just decrease the playerbase further.
Unread 10 May 2015, 08:32   #27
Forest

Or make it so people who dont usually work together do work together, like me/hodors this round, or ct/ult etc etc.

PA memberbase is ****ed anyway but full of ppl saying effectively 'yes there is no memberbase so keep it the same as we always do and hope 10k ppl just happen to pass by'
Unread 11 May 2015, 19:56   #28
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Von Doom View Post
Yes, I am a volunteer programmer, lol. I believe that the routines of the game would not change much, but I do not know exactly.

600 active players. The game I played this type was less than 100. 600 is MUCH people, lol.

Well, as soon as I can get on IRC to chat. Here I cannot. If anyone has ideas about it, share it here.
When i started this game still had around 2000 planets :
And used to have 100k i hear.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2015, 06:23   #29
The PK
i also havent heard of me

The PK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post
When i started this game still had around 2000 planets :
And used to have 100k i hear.
it might have had near that in planets...but never that many people playing, if you catch my drift.

Currently purring

Former HA HC, CT DC

Still useless.
The PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 May 2015, 13:57   #30
Victor Von Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You generalize all ideas. The campaign can be difficult, but an idea of alien race being countered massively does not seem so absurd as well. With whom I can talk about the development of the game itself? I can see great potential in this game. If they are 2000 or 500 players, it is still very interesting.

Where can I get an avatar here?

Last edited by Victor Von Doom; 12 May 2015 at 14:04.
Unread 12 May 2015, 15:12   #31
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You misunderstand me. I'm not talking about gameplay difficulty. The resources required for the development of this idea are simply non-existent.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 12 May 2015, 15:15   #32
Victor Von Doom

Resouces = Money? Hardware? New brains?
Unread 12 May 2015, 15:17   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Always money, eventually.
Unread 12 May 2015, 19:24   #34
TheoDD

it also would create a much bigger gap between those that play the game for what it is, and those that would get derailed by the campaign.