User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Jun 2015, 06:24   #1
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Population %

I would like to see a trial run in which the total percentage remains at 100% but the limits are removed.

ATM their is no tactics involved (max mining/50% res/25% cons etc, with the odd tweak).

Being able to have one thing on 100% and everything else on 0 would add more thought to the process imo.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2015, 06:39   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Population %

The real issue with population is that +1% mining is almost always preferable over, say, +1% production speed. The limits are an ugly hack to stop people from using their population on the best options.

If you want to get rid of said limits (and I think that would be a reasonable thing to want), you first have to balance the amount of value you get from the different population categories. I'm not sure that's even possible, to be quite honest.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2015, 06:56   #3
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

We'd have to actually change population entirely. Because as Mz said after tick 200 most of the uni would put 50%+ into mining because resources are better than research and constructions.
Unread 3 Jun 2015, 07:19   #4
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

The sliders act as a bonus, they should act like a setting.

Say you get max 100 RU.
You set the slider to 50%, which gives you 50RU.
You mine Max 100,000 resource.
You set the mining slider to 50% which gives you 50,000.

So you could put all your eggs into the research basket, but you will not get any thing else like mining etc.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2015, 08:00   #5
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

for there to be tactic involved in population they would have to change at what tick you are, since early game research is super important this should be low early round, and high late round, same with construction. Mining should be high early round and low late round. This way you could actually get some variance in how people use their settings.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote