User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 13:38   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Football] The January Transfer Window (UK Transfers Only)

All the January transfers listed on This link are updated every day.

To save 300 [football] tags this month, just post your opinions on your sides signings in here.

Can we start with the opinions of the Man United fans (Vidic & Evra) , the Liverpool fans (Agger , Kromkamp , Martin, Anderson) , and of course , the Pompey fans, as 'Arry goes chequebook again today (Olisadebe , Mwaruwari, Pamarot , Mendes , Davis).

Did someone give Arry a massive bung to buy all the Spurs duds in a single deal? "I tell you what 'Arry, you buy Davis and Pamarot, and ill throw in Pedro Mendes , buy 2 get one free, know what i mean 'arry?"

This thread is for UK Transfers only. If the guys on the continent want to throw up a thread showing who their respective clubs are buying, please by all means do so.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 14:49   #2
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Football] The January Transfer Window (UK Transfers Only)

Quote:
Maniche [Dynamo Moscow - Chelsea] Loan
And there were quotes saying it was a £5m deal.

But once again, typical Wenger will not be invloved in improving our squad i.e., a central midfielder.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 14:56   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Forest have bought Nathan Tyson from Wycombe, Barrett from Walsall and Clingan from Wolves.

All look pretty decent but we'll have to see...

We're chasing another 3 i think as well including Hoult from West Brom and Stock from Bournemouth.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:00   #4
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Not really had a chance to see Kromkamp or Agger yet. I know Kromkamp can play right mid as well as right back, which could be useful. We've needed another central defender for at least a season - fingers crossed for this one.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 15:06   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont know anything about any of the Man U or Liverpool signings.

Rovers wont be ding anything in the transfer market as far as i can tell and i dont think we need to. 5 wins in a row, should have beat Man U in the semi, 8th in the league and climbing, things are looking good .
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:05   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

are outgoing transfers allowed in this thread?

"Lyon tracking Chelsea's Johnson"

(sorry)

Last edited by 1-X; 12 Jan 2006 at 22:00. Reason: I'm getting paranoid that no-one is clicking on my link because they think it's a really boring news story when in fact it's a slightly amusing image what I made. :(
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 16:33   #7
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Unfortunately villa have got bugger all and I doubt we would get anything, we need a central defender badly like Robert huth.

In other news a child hood mate of mine called Matty Fryatt made his move up a division to Leicester. This is a guy to watch out for in the future, when we used to play football at school and after school you could tell this guy had skill and hes made a decent mark at Walsall (ashame to not see him move to villa)

He also has his own song

To the tune of Kaiser Chiefs

I predict a Fryatt
I predict a Fryatt

etc
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:02   #8
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i know pig but i doubt we will get either Huth or Tudor(he would be awesome).

If Villa has to sell Samuel\De La Cruz\ Hendrie our first team will be far too small
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:16   #9
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Will Agger Do, do, do?

I dont know. I've only seen the pricetag, and the footage of him skinning rooney and then rooney fouling him. which amused me
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:23   #10
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Not really had a chance to see Kromkamp or Agger yet. I know Kromkamp can play right mid as well as right back, which could be useful. We've needed another central defender for at least a season - fingers crossed for this one.
Kromkamp is pretty good (on the right-back position, that is).

and Touzani and Bouchiba may go to Hull because they never play at Twente. so far my Dutch contribution. :]
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 17:54   #11
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'm not particularly thrilled with our dealings so far. I think we perhaps sold Alan Lee a bit too cheaply and I am not convinced that Steve Thompson will be a roaring success. Being unable to extend Rickets loan deal was also disappointing but I've never heard of the other striker we signed.

Still, as long as we manage to keep hold of Koumas and Jerome I will be happy.

Swansea on the other hand I think have bought well, Should definatly help their promotion charge.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 18:02   #12
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Unfortunately villa have got bugger all and I doubt we would get anything, we need a central defender badly like Robert huth.

In other news a child hood mate of mine called Matty Fryatt made his move up a division to Leicester. This is a guy to watch out for in the future, when we used to play football at school and after school you could tell this guy had skill and hes made a decent mark at Walsall (ashame to not see him move to villa)

He also has his own song

To the tune of Kaiser Chiefs

I predict a Fryatt
I predict a Fryatt

etc
He's a bit of a knob though. He was inciting Forest fans after scoring a penalty against us a couple of seasons ago (there were rumours that we were apparently after him as well)

He'll be back down in league 1 again next season hopefully

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 18:08   #13
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
We're chasing another 3 i think as well including Hoult from West Brom and Stock from Bournemouth.
All us cherries fans are resigned to losing Stocky - he truly is a talented player and deserves to be playing with a better class of team, as does Jamie Hayter.

Not sure that Forest is the way to go though :P

Hoping they both stay til the end of the season and at least until the rotherham game on saturday.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 18:10   #14
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
All us cherries fans are resigned to losing Stocky - he truly is a talented player and deserves to be playing with a better class of team, as does Jamie Hayter.

Hoping they both stay til the end of the season and at least until the rotherham game on saturday.
Hayter was another we were apparently after.

EDIT We've just signed Grant Holt from Rochdale

Last edited by Ste; 12 Jan 2006 at 18:52.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 19:20   #15
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

olisadebe - cheap, could be good
mwarwari - better be good for £4.1M
pamarot - decent
mendes - excellent
davis - excellent

A midfield of Taylor, Mendes, Davis, O'Neil.

woof woof.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 19:21   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon

oi

was james keene any good for you lot?
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 19:22   #17
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Davis is great but i really dont see Mendes being much a success. Never seen him play any good :\
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 19:26   #18
eJohn
Tiny Dancer

eJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to beholdeJohn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
olisadebe - cheap, could be good
mwarwari - better be good for £4.1M
pamarot - decent
mendes - excellent
davis - excellent

A midfield of Taylor, Mendes, Davis, O'Neil.

woof woof.
If you lot go down, redknaap loses all wheeler dealer status with immediate effect
[16:09] <eJohn> im still standing
eJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 19:33   #19
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Davis is great but i really dont see Mendes being much a success. Never seen him play any good :\
Played pretty well in his first season at Spurs. He's most famous for his goal that never stood.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/4150821.stm
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 19:42   #20
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Ehiogu to West Brom is an interesting move. Lot of talk about central defenders and alike. Im surprised Newcastle werent interested in him to replace Titus Bramble, as tbh, who couldnt replace him
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:03   #21
Reidy
I AM THE ONE & ONLY

Reidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to allReidy is a name known to all

Niemi is a top signing, i think chris coleman has pulled off the best bit of business as warner and crossley are pap.

O.t. well played to blackburn providing free travel for safc supporters (hope u've got plenty buses)

Blind Faith - FTM
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:07   #22
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy
O.t. well played to blackburn providing free travel for safc supporters (hope u've got plenty buses)
We are nice people .

Not our fault the temp suddenly dropped an hour before the game and our undersoil heating couldnt cope.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:14   #23
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
Ehiogu to West Brom is an interesting move. Lot of talk about central defenders and alike. Im surprised Newcastle werent interested in him to replace Titus Bramble, as tbh, who couldnt replace him
Cygan could replace Bramble, and that's saying something.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:21   #24
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
oi

was james keene any good for you lot?
Yea, really impressed with the young lad.

He'll be a future star i'm sure.

Certainly became a hit with the fans in a considerably short time.

Surman from Southampton was also very good for us - would be good to get them both back on loan again.

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:22   #25
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Cygan could replace Bramble, and that's saying something.
Now lets not get silly.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:25   #26
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

If i had to pick between Cygan and Bramble i'd rather have noone - less dodgy free kicks/penalties/general being slow and shit-ness.

That may just be me though...

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:37   #27
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd pick Cygan, purely for the comedy value.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 20:52   #28
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

heh, we need to do a comedy premiership XI.

Unread 12 Jan 2006, 21:06   #29
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
and I am not convinced that Steve Thompson will be a roaring success.

hahahahaha

how he is a pro footballer i will never know
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 21:19   #30
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz
hahahahaha

how he is a pro footballer i will never know
He was "The New Duncan Ferguson" when he played for you lot.

You got bitter after he joined the Huns. Just admit it Dave!
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 23:16   #31
lokken
BlueTuba

Arsenal set to sign Diaby

19 years old.

heh.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 23:33   #32
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Arsenal set to sign Diaby

19 years old.

heh.
This is a guy who, apparently, is dubbed the next Vieira.

When will Wenger stop going for young players and go for highly experienced players to salvage whatever is left of the season?
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 23:36   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
This is a guy who, apparently, is dubbed the next Vieira.

When will Wenger stop going for young players and go for highly experienced players to salvage whatever is left of the season?
If i was Wenger , id write off this season already and be planning for the next.

Thats what hes doing. Dont expect too many multi million signings of experienced players this window , he might get some in the summer , but right now, hes just building the kids up.

He did it when he first arrived, kids around experienced players. He will come good again.
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 23:42   #34
Cannon_Fodder

Wow, agreeing with Kura....

Btw exactly who is he, and how much was the transfer?
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 23:48   #35
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
He was "The New Duncan Ferguson" when he played for you lot.

You got bitter after he joined the Huns. Just admit it Dave!
yes he was the new Duncan Ferguson.

ie he was a very mediocre player(as you can prove by his goals/game ratio) and he got us a decent bit of money
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 23:51   #36
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torz
yes he was the new Duncan Ferguson.

ie he was a very mediocre player(as you can prove by his goals/game ratio) and he got us a decent bit of money
I can see you on the terraces now Torz

"Cmon Thompson. Youre ****ing useless. Start scoring so we can sell you"

Aye , that really happened.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 01:10   #37
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
He's a bit of a knob though. He was inciting Forest fans after scoring a penalty against us a couple of seasons ago (there were rumours that we were apparently after him as well)

He'll be back down in league 1 again next season hopefully
Hes a top lad, and just a passionate player he even plays with us on the astro when he has some free time.

Was speaking to him about forest, he didnt want to go there for two reasons, firstly he didnt feel established enough to merrit a move, he wanted to establish himself at walsall, secondly forest arent going anywhere ;/ they get good players and theres a jinx on them.

Man Utd wanted him too but he turned down the offer on the basis that he wouldnt get anywhere, a kid with his head screwed on.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 02:08   #38
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Was speaking to him about forest, he didnt want to go there for two reasons, firstly he didnt feel established enough to merrit a move, he wanted to establish himself at walsall, secondly forest arent going anywhere ;/ they get good players and theres a jinx on them.
So he went to Leicester?

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 02:27   #39
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
So he went to Leicester?

Something about a Scottish Manager makes people want to join a club mate.

Probably the threats to chib him if he didnt was the final selling point.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 02:40   #40
lokken
BlueTuba

I remember that moment at St.James' when Graeme said "if you don't sign, i won't give you excessive amounts of cash to play in my back 4 you caaant"

A threat i couldn't just let be.

debut's on saturday.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 09:51   #41
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Hes a top lad, and just a passionate player he even plays with us on the astro when he has some free time.

Man Utd wanted him too but he turned down the offer on the basis that he wouldnt get anywhere, a kid with his head screwed on.
doesn't sound like the greatest reasoning since he joined Leicester (who could be down at this level next season)

Oh and arsenal have just spent £15m on a 16 year old from Southampton :eek:

Unread 13 Jan 2006, 11:52   #42
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Walcott deal - BBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News article
"Southampton are pursuing a series of options, including a cash and Walcott loan back, and a cash and players package," said Legard.

"The Arsenal and England Under-21 full-back Justin Hoyte - currently on loan at Sunderland - could be involved."
I think that the deal will have a lot of appearance/international appearance-based fees, much like Our deal for Reyes did. For example, we paid £10.5m up front for Reyes, and up to £17-18 million dependent on things like winning the Champions League within 5 years, etc.

Looks like Walcott has his head screwed on - turning down Chelsea for Arsenal, who will develop him far far more whereas Chelsea would stymie his progress.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 12:00   #43
pig
1up on you

im amazed paying that much for a player of that age in this country, I have read a fair abit about him and i remember southampton saying they would cash in now rather than losing him for free, hrmm looks like arsenal might be a force to reckon with in 18 months time
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 12:20   #44
furball

He can't sign a pro contract until he's 17 - so theoretically when his youth contract ends, we could poach him for a very small amount to be set by a tribunal. Walcott has said that he doesn't want this to happen to Southampton; Southampton want to get what they are due.

If Walcott turns out to be a superstar, Southampton will get £15m in the end. If he turns out like Pennant, they'd probably get £3m-£5m.

Just to reiterate - Arsenal are not paying £15m for Walcott.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 13:16   #45
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

Indeed im sure there not paying the full £15m but as pig said i find that type of business for a 16 year old in England amazing. Im aware of it going on in Spain quite regularly (Saviola/Torres anyone?) but its the first deal of such a magnitude for a 'relatively' unknown player in English transfer history really.

Although i bet Arsenal are going to be sitting pretty if he turns out to be a Wayne Rooney by the age of 19. And i have a funny feeling he will be with Mr Wenger's history in the transfer market.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 13:27   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wenger's history in the transfer market is pretty good but it's not ****ing spectacular beyond belief. The only transfer you could realistically compare this to is reyes who isn't exactly of the same standard of player as rooney despite his fantastic technique.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 13:53   #47
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If Walcott turns out to be a superstar, Southampton will get £15m in the end. If he turns out like Pennant, they'd probably get £3m-£5m.

Just to reiterate - Arsenal are not paying £15m for Walcott.
FINALLY WENGER BUYING SPECTACULAR PLAYERS! HE'S GOT SOME SENSE AFTER ALL!!

I've seen a few Southampton games where Walcott was playing including the F.A. Cup match. He is something special.

With regards to Pennant, if I have to be honest, I thought he was good. He just wasn't given any chances like Upson.

Kura, I agree with you wholeheartedly but I'm pretty sure Wenger does not want to finish this season outside the top 3 (and at the moment, we'd be lucky to finish 4th). Ideally I'd like them to finish 2nd to avoid the whole CL qualification process. So in order to improve things a little, get someone of experience to help the team finish 2nd or, at least, 3rd. Get the 'Romford Pele' back for a little while.
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 13:56   #48
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Wenger's history in the transfer market is pretty good but it's not ****ing spectacular beyond belief.
Heh. Remember Igors Stepanovs?
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 16:18   #49
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

It's Igor, not Igors

Wenger also bought some other lithuanian who never made it, not to forget Kaba Diaware, Boa Morte, Nelson Vivas, Giovanni Van Bronchorst, Francis Jeffers, Richard Wright and a few others. Oh, and Almundia... HELLO Wenger! I dont see him beeing better than Stack (who's now sold to Reading) or Taylor (who got sold to Villa).

Boa Morte, Vivas and Bronchorst were decent players, but it just didnt work out. Bronchorst got his carrer destroyed at Arsenal when he got injured for 9months

Every manager is bound to **** it up sometimes when you buy unfinished players.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2006, 16:29   #50
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K. Zhukov
Bronchorst got his carrer destroyed at Arsenal when he got injured for 9months
Your post sounds as if you're blaming Arsenal for this, I don't think you actually mean this - I think you mean the injury destroyed his career.

A clearer sentence would be "Van Bronckhorst had his career at Arsenal destroyed by getting injured for 9 months". And a nasty injury it was too