User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:01   #51
Duncan
saint-ciboire de tabarnac

Duncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud ofDuncan has much to be proud of
Re: Concerns about PA administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
You could change it. Unless you're a free planet there's no way we can stop you changing your fleet names.
Unless we change the name of the "base" fleet, which you can't change at all.
ok. then i must have used other offensive material and it was changed back to pink fluffy bunnies again so i didn't bother with it anymore ;]

Last edited by Duncan; 17 Nov 2005 at 19:07.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 19:47   #52
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

We do seem to have a fixation with pink fluffy bunnies. It's all plutonic, I assure you.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 21:13   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
We do seem to have a fixation with pink fluffy bunnies. It's all plutonic, I assure you.
Platonic. Plutonic means of an infernal nature. Which might have been what you were trying to say but I don't think it's wise for business to advertise the fact that the primary requisite for joining pateam is worshipping satan.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 17 Nov 2005 at 23:45.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 21:48   #54
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

why do we have the fleetname option anyway as its only another thing to abuse as you say and get more "players" closed dont you want to keep the player base?

as it is now its just a fools trap to get them delated

remove the option to change them if you cant control them with normal metods pls
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:08   #55
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
why do we have the fleetname option anyway as its only another thing to abuse as you say and get more "players" closed dont you want to keep the player base?

as it is now its just a fools trap to get them delated

remove the option to change them if you cant control them with normal metods pls
becuase fleet names are a bit of fun? we would rarely close someone for a fleet names offense unless they had done it before.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:12   #56
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
becuase fleet names are a bit of fun? we would rarely close someone for a fleet names offense unless they had done it before.

what the diffrents from galpics then?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:17   #57
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

A gal pic that everyone in the game has complete access to and can easily be spread around by word of mouth: "Check out 1:1's gal pic!"

Or a fleet name which can only be seen by: the gal the offending name is hitting, the gal who has the offending name being sent from, and anyone else who for some stupid reason is broadcasting a jpg.

Big difference.

A picture is worth a thousand words, aye?

Last edited by Squidly; 17 Nov 2005 at 22:18. Reason: oopsy
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:18   #58
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

get over it already robban1.

Break rules, get punished.
Punishment is entirely admin discretion
simple as that
whinging about everything you can possibly whine about only makes you look silly, and the way youve been doing it makes you seem little more then a troll - and you have been warned about trolling before by JC
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:37   #59
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^

get over it already robban1.

Break rules, get punished.
Punishment is entirely admin discretion
simple as that
whinging about everything you can possibly whine about only makes you look silly, and the way youve been doing it makes you seem little more then a troll - and you have been warned about trolling before by JC
That isnt trolling, its asking imo a valid question, though I am hardly objective of whats a valid question ^^

Then again, neither r u.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 22:39   #60
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
That isnt trolling, its asking imo a valid question, though I am hardly objective of whats a valid question ^^
Look at his earlier posts, those are the ones where he is trolling, pay close attention to where JC gives him his first and only warning.
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:00   #61
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Yet u replied to a post which wasnt whining / trolling.

U replied a -get over it- reply as u got no other responce, as there simply is none.

shh

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:10   #62
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Yet u replied to a post which wasnt whining / trolling.

U replied a -get over it- reply as u got no other responce, as there simply is none.

shh
He's been going on and on about your whole gal pic escapade for a while now. He really should let it rest in peace, instead of beating the corpse over and over...

"shh"
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:21   #63
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
what the diffrents from galpics then?
its harder to put something really really offensive in the space of a fleet name than it is in an image - of course if someone manages it we will close them - remember i said we rarely close for this, not we never close for this.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:22   #64
robban1

why should i stuff my head in the sand cos all of admin/ crew the jolt dude do something i think is wrong?

its those guys i adress here with my issues

but i do like the delate frenzy you guys have had the last couple of days keep up the good work
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:24   #65
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
its harder to put something really really offensive in the space of a fleet name than it is in an image - of course if someone manages it we will close them - remember i said we rarely close for this, not we never close for this.
the only reson hed got closed is that biffy told you so, you guys got overruled.. way to go m8's
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:36   #66
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
the only reson hed got closed is that biffy told you so, you guys got overruled.. way to go m8's
Holy shit you mean the people in charge have power? Stop the ****ing drama bus I want to get off!
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:42   #67
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Holy shit you mean the people in charge have power? Stop the ****ing drama bus I want to get off!
is the drama llama driving it?
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:50   #68
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
biffy doesn't need to tell us to do things, he can do them himself.

As biffy himself pretty much said it was a close thing between a warning and a closure, and thus i'm sure the community will allways be split on the issue. Under the guidelines we are working on and working to since the incident similar images would result in closure rather than a warning.

The only thing that was entirly wrong about the incident was that Appocomaster opened a planet that biffy had legitimatly closed without first speaking to biffy. Appocomaster regrets this and it won't happen again.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:54   #69
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
biffy doesn't need to tell us to do things, he can do them himself.

As biffy himself pretty much said it was a close thing between a warning and a closure, and thus i'm sure the community will allways be split on the issue. Under the guidelines we are working on and working to since the incident similar images would result in closure rather than a warning.

The only thing that was entirly wrong about the incident was that Appocomaster opened a planet that biffy had legitimatly closed without first speaking to biffy. Appocomaster regrets this and it won't happen again.
a close thing about warning and closure?!?

u read what he has said?

He called it kiddy porn, said he would report me to my local authorithies / isp provider.

Banned me from signing up again.

What lies has he been telling the rest of the Team?

Quote:
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:55   #70
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Appocomaster regrets this and it won't happen again.
WHETCHEE

Oh onomatopoeia whatever will you get up to next
Unread 17 Nov 2005, 23:57   #71
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
a close thing about warning and closure?!?

u read what he has said?

He called it kiddy porn, said he would report me to my local authorithies / isp provider.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...6&postcount=69

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:05   #72
Wishmaster
LDK

Well, it was never a hard decission for biffy according to himself.

Let me quote: (mail)

Subject : Account closure - Planetarion

| | | Inbox

Hello

I've taken the decision to close your account due to the sick and abhorrent nature of the galaxy picture you put up

Please note that we may take additional steps, such as reporting this behaviour to your ISP or your local authorities.

----

If its a tough decission one would hardly consider reporting it, even saying he has reported it on another occasion.

Quote:
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:07   #73
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffy
As far as I'm concerned he can participate in future rounds - so long as he doesn't repeat his actions of this one. If he chooses not to that is entirely his decision.
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...19&postcount=8

As far as i can tell, he hasnt banned you from signing up again, so long as you dont break the rules again.
Surely you arent saying that if/when you sign up again you'll put such a picture up once more?
Quote:
Well, it was never a hard decission for biffy according to himself.
Where in that mail does it say that it was an easy decision for him?
He simply states what his decision is and what potential future action there may be
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:09   #74
Wishmaster
LDK

Future rounds.

FUTURE ROUNDS.

Banned from this round.

Quote:
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:13   #75
Phil^
Insomniac

Quote:
Future rounds.
FUTURE ROUNDS.
Banned from this round.
you missed my point
where precisely does he say that you cannot participate in THIS round?
the "future rounds" part comes in because this was on your leaving thread, therefore its logical for him to assume you arent going to resignup for this one
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:15   #76
Wishmaster
LDK

I assume that from private conversations,
and from appo more or less saying thats the case to me.

Quote:
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 00:18   #77
Phil^
Insomniac

Appoco is probably referring to the account you had which was closed. As far as i am aware they do not stop people resigning up once they are closed/deleted so long as they follow the rules this time
Im sure pateam or biffy will clarify this, and (probably) confirm what i have said
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 09:48   #78
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You may want to talk to xontas about that one!
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 10:30   #79
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Appoco is probably referring to the account you had which was closed. As far as i am aware they do not stop people resigning up once they are closed/deleted so long as they follow the rules this time
Im sure pateam or biffy will clarify this, and (probably) confirm what i have said

That is correct. I dont stop people from re-signing up. As long as they talk to me about it i will allow them to re-signup and start over.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Unread 18 Nov 2005, 11:23   #80
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Firstly i must apologise for not paying close attention to this thread. I've been very busy recently and only really had time to check up on the couple of reported post emails i've received and just read that post rather than the whole thread. Anyway, you dont want my life story.

This thread was meant to be a discussion on cheaters and the actions that should be taken against them. However, as with seemingly most threads this week it has derailed in to a discussion about Wishmaster's deletion.

The EULA rules were broken, the owners of the game took the decision to delete him, end of discussion. Stop moaning, its happened and nothing is going to change it. As for the stupid arguments about whether people should be banned for fleet names etc, its not hard for you to work out what is offensive and what isnt so just dont put any offensive material in your gal pic or fleet name and you will manage to avoid deletion. Its not rocket science people. If you put 'Biffy sucks JCs cock for breakfast' as your fleet name you might expect some kind of punishment but if you put 'flappy flappy butterflies' you'll be fine.

Seeing as i have God like powers i'm closing this thread as the discussion isnt going anywhere other than round in a big circle. Apologies to Jackal2112 for letting your thread derail like this but its beyond repair now.

Please for the love of god drop this subject. It will only end in more thread closures and potential forum bans if you persist to cause me bother .

Edit:
I forgot to add that PA team and all associated teams (multihunters, support team etc etc) spend a substantial amount of their free time working on PA for free. Without their efforts there wouldnt be a game for you to play. Yes they do make mistakes occasionly and when they do constructive criticism is always welcome, which will not be stopped by me on these forums. However, slagging off is not tolerable in any circumstances and especially when this particular decision was made above PA teams head.

Last edited by JC; 18 Nov 2005 at 11:36.
Closed Thread