User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 30 Oct 2007, 04:06   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
spy & counter spy

At the moment the possible outcome of a cov op are:
-the covoper succeeds, the target fails to spot him
-the covoper fails, the target fails to spot him
-the covoper fails the target succeeds in spoting him

I think there is one outcome missing:
- the covoper succeeds, the target succeeds in spoting him
in that case the covoper would go away with the benefit of the operation but the target would get his coords.
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 05:01   #2
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: spy & counter spy

Makes sense to me.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 05:34   #3
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
-the covoper fails, the target fails to spot him
that happens currently?
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 08:57   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
that happens currently?
now i'm not sure anymore, but if it doesn't it should. Both failed means you get a message saying there was an attempt but you don't get coords
Unread 30 Oct 2007, 22:00   #5
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve

yep, id go for that. it always pisses me off when i lose dists and i dont know who got em

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 03:49   #6
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

No that doesn't happen NitinA. I think the idea is that if your agents are spotted, this is when the cov op fails. Otherwise they are expected to succeed. I don't think this particularly adds anything much to the game.
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 18:42   #7
puss
ASS HC

puss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the rough

lol - yeah opper either gets caught and subsequently fails op, or doesn't get caught and noone but the opper knows they did the harm.

Would be cool if sometimes u could catch that annoying opper without having to change your security - but thats just damned lazy

...and as for getting caught and succeeding the mission, theres no fixed way within the current gme set-up that could be done ayway, so i'm all for leaving it as it is.
puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 19:30   #8
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Then you should ad:
Covert is a succsess, but the targets security doesnt raise.
Why only focus on the targets, and not the person who hit them?

MORE RIGHTS FOR THE COVERT PEOPLE!!

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2007, 19:49   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't see why this needs to be changed to be honest
Unread 1 Nov 2007, 00:06   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
I think the idea is that if your agents are spotted, this is when the cov op fails. Otherwise they are expected to succeed.
There is still the follow up investigation that could determine who actually did it. Consider September 11; no-one saw it coming (at least, early enough to stop it), yet it was determined that Al-Queda was responsible for the attack. In PA, this could mean that you get your bank hacking resources, and a chance that the investigation finds who is (ultimately) responsible and lets you know.

What would be funny if the investigation brought up the wrong co-ords, so you go off to attack some random. but that's another story.

Whilst i'm not sure it adds all that much to the game, i dont have a problem with being able to have a chance at detecting whodunnit - all that needs be done is that the chance is pretty low (and most people know who the top covert oppers are anyway from the universe page).
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 15:50   #11
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

Why not bring a new cov-op for that purpose? It would be actually an "investigation" operation, that would have some chance to find out who the coords of the last unrevealed successful cov-opper. I believe that the suggestion of that extra operation has been done already but can't find it right now.
Unread 14 Nov 2007, 16:31   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You wouldn't know who to target.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 2007, 10:52   #13
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

The target would have to be yourself, or you could as well run the investigation on another planet, to find out who was the last successful cov opper on them.
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 02:23   #14
puss
ASS HC

puss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the roughpuss is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyVince
The target would have to be yourself, or you could as well run the investigation on another planet, to find out who was the last successful cov opper on them.
oooh i like the sound of that - then u can make use of cov oppers in your alliance / bg / galaxy