User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 6 Jul 2007, 14:44   #51
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Is scanning for someone unfair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
But why should we? Why is my alliance not allowed to co-operate with Ascendancy or Descendancy? Are these same restrictions being put on Vision and Jenova?

Or Wolfpack? Or 1up? Frankly, there's been many during the rounds. Why *scendancy being tickled, is probably because they presented their case "arrogantly" (ie. creating a second tag instead of just having out of tag excess members). It's not like more members than the tag holds is a new idea. Now the "price" for expressing the opinion about it is being "paid".
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 15:30   #52
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Or Wolfpack? Or 1up? Frankly, there's been many during the rounds. Why *scendancy being tickled, is probably because they presented their case "arrogantly" (ie. creating a second tag instead of just having out of tag excess members). It's not like more members than the tag holds is a new idea.
It's not arrogant to create another tag - or you might as well say that attacking someone smaller than your planet just because you can is arrogant. Also if people would have been kept outside the tag they would have been even more clearly "support planets".
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 15:43   #53
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We shouldn't have created any tags, but just all joined Ascendancy in the last 72 hours or something. Then we couldn't be done for cooperating out-of-tag

(it's hardly like we've bothered sorting any defence for each other, am i rite?!)
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 15:50   #54
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

I assume the MH's have tools(interaction-tools?) to discover support-planets/tags even if the involved parties tries to hide it tbh, so i don't believe the "openess" around *scendancy grants you more of a punishment than others like someone above implied. The "openess" seems to have granted you acceptance at first, before the MH's realised that you're still avoiding the rules(even if they're as clear as mist) nomatter how open you are about it.

However, i think the best solution right now would be for the PA-Team to sit down with the HC of every top20 ally and discuss the current situation and find a solution almost everyone can live with for the future. The sooner the better.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 16:00   #55
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

For what it's worth the *scendancy case isn't the first time alliances have been prohibited from working together. Back in r16 when DLR separated from ND both alliances were threatened with being closed when we actively tried to prevent any form of interaction at all. The only relationships between us was 1 shared channel between the HC which was mostly a community thing and occasionally used for politics. We never attacked with each other or even shared scans but still came very close to being closed.

Having said that, I thought it was stupid back in r16 and my opinion hasn't really changed. Any two tags should be able to work together as a block in terms of attacking together. However I do think each tag should have their own scanners and only scan for each other very occasionally. I also think they should never defend each other with a possible exception of for fleet catches, since alliances working together would normally help each other out in that situation anyway.
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 16:21   #56
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
I assume the MH's have tools(interaction-tools?) to discover support-planets/tags even if the involved parties tries to hide it tbh, so i don't believe the "openess" around *scendancy grants you more of a punishment than others like someone above implied. The "openess" seems to have granted you acceptance at first, before the MH's realised that you're still avoiding the rules(even if they're as clear as mist) nomatter how open you are about it.
Did you read this thread at all?

Quote:
However, i think the best solution right now would be for the PA-Team to sit down with the HC of every top20 ally and discuss the current situation and find a solution almost everyone can live with for the future. The sooner the better.
Or kill themselves. I'd prefer the second one to be honest.

I'd rather see them make a decision in the future interests of the game instead of came up with the worst possible compromise to the wishes of a bunch of bitter, mindless idiots.
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 16:29   #57
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Did you read this thread at all?
Were aiming at Achilles' last post. If you feel i've missed something you're more than welcome to point at my blunders instead of acting like a troll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Or kill themselves. I'd prefer the second one to be honest.
Thats a bit harsh, but i get your frustration. Breaking promises is hard to swallow when it concerns someones account where theres been put days of time and effort. I would still prefer a constructive dialogue tho.

* We do not exist *

Unread 6 Jul 2007, 16:32   #58
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Were aiming at Achilles' last post. If you feel i've missed something you're more than welcome to point at my blunders instead of acting like a troll.
I already outlined a method for avoiding detection which has been proven to work on numerous occasions, by numerous alliances. It is undoubtedly being done this round and will continue to be done in future. It's in the, um, first post in the thread
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 16:45   #59
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I already outlined a method for avoiding detection which has been proven to work on numerous occasions, by numerous alliances. It is undoubtedly being done this round and will continue to be done in future. It's in the, um, first post in the thread
I didn't see a method as to dodge detection in your initial post only your interpretation of the rules, pls quote the method to me.

* We do not exist *

Unread 6 Jul 2007, 17:09   #60
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

he said hide scnners in other allies, leeching there fund..
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 17:22   #61
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
No, I was closed today by Remy, as was Rob. Both of us for scanning,
the problem here isnt the fact that your scanning but that your not attached to an alliance and scanning !

I'm sorry but the whole issue couold be solved by the tight arse alliances that dont put their scanners ingame, hey your a scanner, we dont want you ingame .. that removes a places for a *usefull* member ie: one that can defend and attack and have a nice high score !

Hell... a pure scanner gets to surf the universe on a wave of exiles most rounds !

Even galaxies dont want them because their score isnt good enough !

The whole attitude to scanners is utterly wrong, there should be some sort of medal for theese poor souls who give up sleep, a decent score and the ability to play the game effectively.

AND lets thinks... as soon as they stop doing it, or are not on line just once... their name is bandied about like they were just a pile of horse manure..

SO THE ANSWER :
alliances : change your ideas about scanners
galaxies : appreciate that low score planet that has 100 amps weeks b4 round end...

YOU NEED THEESE PEOPLE !
give them the credit, the position in an alliance and the honour they deserve !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 17:31   #62
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I see you chose a quote of mine from very early in the thread and from your response I can only imagine that you stopped reading at that point. As stated elsewhere, I have an alliance. I own the tag for it. It's called Transcendancy and our aim is to be the first public alliance (public tools, public scans, public intel, public private channel) in Planetarion. Join #transcendancy to see how it's going.

I have stated the reasons for this in previous posts and won't bore those who have read them by repeating myself. Just to be clear however, I could have join the Ascendancy tag but I chose not to. Instead I created my own tag to pursue my own interests (including handing out free scans to any who asked) and I was closed for it. It's as simple and as straight forward as that.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 17:39   #63
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

no i did read thro, you were mostly doing scans for ascendancy, whist being in transendancy, yes i understand theese were meant to be different entities, but if you had been transfered for want of a better word, when you and ascendancy realised that you were doing the bulk of your work for the *wrong* group..
But NO, your *small* scan planet was not...

Theres the failure on the part of the alliances ! and i dont just mean *cendancies, i mean all of them that dont take their scanners in!

edit:
after all it doesnt matter where you were for the free scans does it !
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 17:46   #64
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
you're still avoiding the rules(even if they're as clear as mist)
The rules as clear as mist? One helluva thick mist that must be
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 17:49   #65
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This is total bullshit. How can you just make things up when you have no clue what happened or what is going on? Or are you calling me a liar? I was not transferred anywhere. I AM NOT A ****ING PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALLER.

Allow me to reiterate. I wanted to set up a tag with COMPLETELY different aims and objectives to Ascendancy. I recruited people who are in no way affiliated with Ascendancy (Kila, Allfather for example) as HC. I had not been part of any other tag all round. If I choose to have my alliance work closely with Ascendancy then that is my business and is no different from Vision co-operating with Jenova (as an example). Except that our co-operation is public. You'll note that every other alliance is extremely quiet on this issue and that is because they are maintaining the unwritten rule of hiding co-operation from the MH's. We in Transcendancy have nothing to hide and we will not be changing our approach to the game for anyone or because of any amount of closings.
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 18:28   #66
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Amen brother

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 18:40   #67
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

co-operation tends not to involve scanning for the alliance, sure one group may do the attack scans .. but the jpg is usually done *in house* unless more amps are needed.

I understand that you attempted to create a more public alliance with scans available to all who wanted them.

but were you foolish enough to think that anyone would take that up, i mean looking at the angles..

you have jpg'd for someone .. you know when they will land or when they will be going home and therefore be quite capable of fleet catching them.

you know the alliance of said person, you then know their co-ords, can news and find other members, will you be giving out all the intel you gather from this *free* service ?

when exactly was the last time someone did something in PA that didnt have a *hidden motive* that was purely selfish ?

when did we all start trusting each other completely ?

did i miss that memo while i was on holiday ?
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 18:45   #68
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The whole concept of scanning is utterly stupid anyway. It has been for rounds.

Why should people need others to do their scans for them? It just gives larger alliances a bigger advantage over smaller ones. All scans should be available to all players from tick 1, yet the cost of the scans should increase/decrease depending on the number of amps you build (and maybe your relative size).
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 18:48   #69
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
when exactly was the last time someone did something in PA that didnt have a *hidden motive* that was purely selfish ?

It's not about trusting each other, it's about not being a butt with the whole fakenicking and being secretive. This game would be a lot more fun if everyone was just public.

Ascendancy's coords have been public for about a week now, yet no scary alliances have jumped on us and shot us all into the ground.
It seems people fakenick just out of tradition's sake than anything else now. Intel is usually public by 2 weeks into the round, and before those 2 weeks no proper coordination against 1 alliance is bothered with, as people just go for the fat easy targets.
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 18:57   #70
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Quote:
co-operation tends not to involve scanning for the alliance, sure one group may do the attack scans .. but the jpg is usually done *in house* unless more amps are needed.

I understand that you attempted to create a more public alliance with scans available to all who wanted them.

but were you foolish enough to think that anyone would take that up, i mean looking at the angles..

you have jpg'd for someone .. you know when they will land or when they will be going home and therefore be quite capable of fleet catching them.

you know the alliance of said person, you then know their co-ords, can news and find other members, will you be giving out all the intel you gather from this *free* service ?

You been to our public private chan to whiteness the gospel?
I think not, everything is public, bots, Intel, scans, coverts, heck even my in game overview if you want it.

Unread 6 Jul 2007, 18:58   #71
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

tbh ive been anally raped since coords became public but that maybe due to people all bieng racist mother ****ers
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 19:59   #72
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Theres the failure on the part of the alliances ! and i dont just mean *cendancies, i mean all of them that dont take their scanners in!
I'm a founding member of Ascendancy. I own the Ascendancy channel on NG. I wasn't being 'excluded' from the tag, I chose not to join it. Your points are almost entirely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 20:07   #73
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Quote:
Yeah I'm a right thicko that way. So are the 55 other people idling in our channel right now, a good 1/3 of which I have never met before. But no, seriously, continue with your prejudice without bothering to check it out for yourself.

Quote:
Yes we will. Infact if you join #transcendancy at any time you would have as much access to our intel as I do, courtesy of munin. Of course you'd know that if you had taken the time to check it out for yourself instead of assuming the worst.

Quote:
Did I do something to wrong you previously or are you just a miserable ****? Seriously, how dare you preach to me about my motives for anything.

Last edited by Achilles; 6 Jul 2007 at 20:21.
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 20:10   #74
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You just don't get it. It's sad really.
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 20:11   #75
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Ascendancy's coords have been public for about a week now, yet no scary alliances have jumped on us and shot us all into the ground.
Ascendancy has the smallest average roids in the top 10. Now I'm not saying this is completely due to the public arbiter, but I would say its a contributing factor.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 20:11   #76
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
You been to our public private chan to whiteness the gospel?
Testify!
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 20:16   #77
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Ascendancy has the smallest average roids in the top 10. Now I'm not saying this is completely due to the public arbiter, but I would say its a contributing factor.
Of course, there are a lot of alliances which rather act upon grudges instead of using the information we provide in a way of their favour. Quite clearly we won't stop publishing intel if people attack us for doing so. Those people would be better of to use the information we provide on their quest for winning the round, for example.

Even though, it might as well be that all alliances agreed to just have the goal of not let ascendancy win and instead pull sticks to decide the winner
</offtopic>
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 20:18   #78
Tomkat

Quote:
Way to completely detract from the point I was trying to make. Good work.
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 21:33   #79
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Way to completely detract from the point I was trying to make. Good work.
The point you were making was that having open intelligence hadn't affected Asc's incoming, i disagreed.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 21:41   #80
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

When I scanned during last round, I gave scans to anyone who asked me (I denied Alki a couple of times just to piss him off, but that's it). I scanned for pretty much 2 alliances, a bg or two, a galaxy and a cluster alliance. Friends, some old, some new. Is this, going by the current rules, illegal? Just out of curiosity. I mean, had I been closed for this last round, I would pretty certainly never scan again. Up until I read this thread was considering to scan again next round, but I want these things clarified first. I'm not going to sign up and spend my time scanning, and having the rules dictate that I can only scan for people in my tag. It so happens that I have a lot of friends who are can't or don't want to be in the same tag as me. They're still friends and I don't want to deny them scans. I mean, me giving away a scan was never a big thing for me, it's 10 seconds of work, and the cost isn't too big.

That said, the closure of Rob at least seems to have some logic behind it, even if I disagree with it. But why was Achi closed? It makes no sense at all to me.

However, I think this problem wouldn't exist if there was a sensible scan-system. I dislike the current setup immensely, the dist/amp thing isn't appealing at all to me, and the time needed both to scan (I had 147 dists at tick 760-something last round, I should know) and efficiently gather dists is too much. When you scan, you can't play for your own planet, you give away your round and get very little back for it. It's a very ungrateful job under the current circumstances. The construction queue helped a lot, but I would very much want it to be an easier thing to achieve and a less time-consuming thing to do, in other words, I want the sacrifice to be less. More scanners would be a good thing. However this whole 'you can only scan for your own tag' thing is a bit... discouraging.

It's not too much to ask for clarification, though?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 22:02   #81
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

i'm beginning to wonder if all these closings have to do with all the "i don't have any amps cause the covert oppers blew them all up" whining. theres so few scanners now because of that, and the ones that were playing and had some skill are now all being closed because the whiners are jealous that they got outplayed. makes sense, right?

in any way, why would Achi get closed for being untagged and scanning for anyone that asked? it doesn't give an unfair advantage any single alliance. better yet, why would he get closed but a 100 amp in XX ally scanning targets for YY ally that can't get through with their scanners doesn't. seems the 2nd case is more of a "support" situation to me.
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 23:02   #82
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

I am confused here. When did the Support planet rule include scanners into been an unfair advantage into this game? I dont usally like coming on here to challenge the PA Team/MH team as of course i was once there. And i know how hard the job is, but.. i am just concnered.

When i invented the support planet rule it was becuase we had people claiming to be 'scan planets' and having mass of 1 ship type also and defending a lot with those ship types to make a certain eta bonus etc while out of tag. Thats not a scan planet. And i beleive in all the rounds the support planet was implemented we made it clear that if you were a scan planet and of course ONLY DID SCANS you was not closed. Has this rule been eddited and not been publised since i was last on the MH Team? Becuase forgive me but.. i havent saw any such anouncement which has made scanners who only scan out of tag an 'unfair advantage' to the game.

I mean what surely could be an unfair advantage of a scanner out of tag just doing scans? Especially people like achiles who admitted he scans for everyone. As most scanners will tell you they will either scan for their gal mates, cluster mates, general friends and of course their alliance. I dont see that as causing any 'unfair advantage?'

So im sorry to ask this but, PA Team, when did we start punishing scan planets that only scan? I can 100% agree planets that have ships and that are defending/attacking while outside of tag should be punished. But why are the guys without major ship influences and just scanning been punished when this was legal while i was in charge? Makes no sense to me.

Edit: Btw im finding this rather amusing i cant locate any posts i made while on PA Team about the support planet rule. Although i made 3 offical posts on this subject (And of course when i first implemented the rule in round 15) they have all 'vanished' off the forum.. and off the news page which they were there last round as i mentioned it then... so whos conviently removed my posts? :/ )

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 6 Jul 2007 at 23:15.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 23:58   #83
Tomkat

He who controls the present controls the past, Assassin!
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 00:10   #84
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Jenova's co-ords are fairly accurate as well (to within a 95% accuracy let's say). Our average roid count was always rubbish. Not sure exactly why, haven't paid much attention, but I'd guess that's part of it.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 00:54   #85
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I mean what surely could be an unfair advantage of a scanner out of tag just doing scans?
Quite simple isnt it.

If you dont have to have scanners in tag you can have more "regular" players hence making the alliance limit rule ensuring a equal playingfield for alliance rankings and the competition between alliance pointless.

So ofcause scanners, covoppers etc should be counted in too.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 01:32   #86
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-
If you dont have to have scanners in tag you can have more "regular" players hence making the alliance limit rule ensuring a equal playingfield for alliance rankings and the competition between alliance pointless.
That would be true if the alliance had filled up its memberbase (70). Ascendancy only has 66 members, so any scanners could easily have fitted into the tag, but like they've said countless times already, they didn't want to be in tag. So in reality it meant nada nix whether the scanner stayed in tag or out of tag.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 01:35   #87
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Quite simple isnt it.

So ofcause scanners, covoppers etc should be counted in too.
You are strikingly wrong here.

The first reason is that as an ex scanner one of the greatest benefits of being in tag is that you get regular donations, you also dont spend a penny on scans.

When you are out of tag you rely solely on your own resources. The idea that scanners out of tag can provide a fesible way of scanning on a large scale is ludicrous. It is like going back to round 11 if you are out tag, where you run out of resources after x amount of scans because you are the only person who can make your own resources.

Now you may counter this and say some scanners produce enough resources. Well let me tell you sunshine. For 200 ticks all you do is build amps, research labs, scan researches and constructions researches. You don't have enough time to build factories, build mines, build mine research, build ship research.

In fact you are so badly off that any resources you get might as well go to scans for other people because there are so many cowards in this game that when you do get to 200 roids to become partialy self sufficient you get roided back down to 90 roids.

Now listen to me sunny jim.

It is no easy game scanning. It is easier in an alliance than not. It is a thankless task already, why you can't scan for your friends is more than ridiculous.

Peace out.

pig.

xxx.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 07:32   #88
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Quote:
Did I do something to wrong you previously or are you just a miserable ****? Seriously, how dare you preach to me about my motives for anything.

None .. its called every round played cynicsm !

find something thats too good to be true and it generally is !

and to reply to another earlier comment no i havent been into transcendancies public chan, i've been on holiday and got back yesterday !
i'm still playing catch up with my own *bleep* i will get round to yours eventually.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 08:29   #89
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
alot of text here
Last round some alliance had thier scanners swap in and out of tag on spot no. 70 so they could get a donation and then they got kicked out and another came in for donations etc. Also if in an alliance like Descendancy they would have regular members who could donate + if your in a BP gal the gal itself can donate too.

So it aint that hard beeing a scanner out of tag is it.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 10:02   #90
SpookyVince
The Force of Spookyness

SpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really niceSpookyVince is just really nice

I clearly don't see a problem there in sharing scans. Who hasn't, ever, (except maybe the scanners themselves) rushed into gal channel, cluster ally chan, ally chan, some other friends' ally chan, etc., to get a scan that they needed urgently and couldn't have through "normal means" (i.e. ally scanner)?

And even repeatedly... In the past, SPQR, Heroic and Dark Warriors (they both stopped playing now) have collaborated a lot. We have set up joint channels, we had joint attacks, we shared scans (on parsers external to PA mainly), we shared intel & info, etc. Was this illegal or forbidden? Hell no, or we never knew and never been stopped in any way from doing it!
Quote:
Support Accounts are accounts which are dedicated to undertaking specific and repeated actions which result in an unfair benefit for a planet/organisation, where an organisation is defined as an alliance or galaxy.
Was that an unfair benefit to anyone to have two alliances or more collaborating? No.
Was it unfair to the targets of our joint attacks? Not even. We shared scans because it was pointless to do them twice, once each ally.

It's just about having, as some have said, friends & networks of "allies". That has always existed, and will always exist. If PA becomes a game to play "by your own only" (or by your alliance only), then it will die. Interaction is the base of it all, so I don't think forbidding to share information is an option at all (besides, how can one really prevent it?)
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 10:08   #91
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jenova had our coords before then, because no one ever got around to kicking the spy.

I know you were always against the public arbiter, but I think you're seeing what you want to see. The people playing in the Ascendancy tag this round are pretty shit.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 10:27   #92
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
But why would it make a difference? Imagine the scanner in question could not be in the same tag because he was in a different tag, or because the tag of the planet which requested the scan was filled up already?
Then he could be classed as acting as a support planet. (I think that was the point I was trying to make).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 10:41   #93
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Last round some alliance had thier scanners swap in and out of tag on spot no. 70 so they could get a donation and then they got kicked out and another came in for donations etc. Also if in an alliance like Descendancy they would have regular members who could donate + if your in a BP gal the gal itself can donate too.

So it aint that hard beeing a scanner out of tag is it.
The sole donation out in the descendancy tag this round has been (drumroll please)

emzee Donating Out 0 0 0 1 1 1 emzee 206

Good stuff. Our tax rate stands at 1%, which from our roidcount you can tell isn't exactly much. Not sure about gal fund donations, I haven't heard anything but you'd have to ask the people in question.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 11:04   #94
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

We in Transcendancy dont belive in donations of any kind!

Unread 7 Jul 2007, 11:51   #95
Red-

JBG i wasnt saying descendancy had gotten donations, i was saying that resources could easily be directed at scanners out of a tag.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 11:59   #96
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'm pointing out that this wasn't the case though so holding it up as a reason for closure would not make sense. I do acknowledge that it would be possible to do though.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 12:01   #97
Archangelx
ToF

Archangelx is on a distinguished road

oh ffs, here we go again.

look, this should be simple. every ally gets a set limit of ppl that can help it. if ya go over, for any reason, even if you are untagged, its frowned upon.
every round we go through this same bitch and whine campaign. just follow the rules, without trying to ****in exploit every loophole you can, and maybe for once in my ****ing life we can all enjoy a round.
death to people who cant follow simple rules and i hope ur mom falls down a deep well.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 12:03   #98
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'm not saying that I hate stupid people but they certainly don't make it any easier to like them.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 12:42   #99
Talin
Mildly Amused

Talin will become famous soon enoughTalin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangelx
look, this should be simple. every ally gets a set limit of ppl that can help it.
Wrong. Every alliance gets a set limit of people who can be in tag, and at the same time recieve all the benefits of being in the same tag (faster defense, scan database, contributing to alliance score, and eventually being in the winning tag/alliance). That's it. It should stop right there, and everything would be fine.

Alliance limit in no way controls every player's and alliance's ingame behaviour, and every consequent attempt to make it do that (such as the "support" rule) was laughable, and successfully exploited - by more than one alliance.

If some alliance can find 14 or 140 extra people willing to "help" them win (while losing themselves), great, best wishes to them. I don't understand why would anyone want to prevent that from happening, nor how exactly does he plan to do that.
Unread 7 Jul 2007, 12:47   #100
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

If i want to defend Joe Blow its my perogative, no matter what tag he is in or what tag i am in.

Just cause your analretentive doesnt mean the rest of us have to be it also.
|edit|At mr Archangelx