User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Jan 2005, 14:30   #1
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about
Stealing ships comeback?

Well i read a few posts by Kal recently with some hints on "changes in Zik" and "surprise coming up" and overall indication of serious change of subversion. Is it too far fetched to assume we will have stealing back in the game?

(Sorry if this spoils a surprise )
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 15:34   #2
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stealing ships comeback?

Did you not know?
They getting pink wing's on there ships.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 16:05   #3
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

noah02 is completely right.

Unfortunately, stealing apparently requires a complete re-working of the combat engine, that is apparently not gonna happen for R12.

So pink it is
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 19:40   #4
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

well theres 4 options:
1) Its is stealing
2) Its something else we forgot (can remember what though)
3) Its just Pateam trying to drum up extra people to play
4) Pink wings (or will it be pokadot ?!?!?)
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 19:56   #5
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Or is the new upgrade for a race concerning real cloaking?
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 19:57   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

how did people guess it was pink wings, we thought no one would ever guess :/

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 19:59   #7
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

does that mean we get ship pics again?
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 20:04   #8
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

sounds like someone stumbled across a backup of r9 code
Unread 17 Jan 2005, 20:11   #9
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

As for ship pictures: Go find blixxard's production page thread.
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 01:02   #10
TheRat
Retired

TheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud ofTheRat has much to be proud of

By god, I hope they never return stealing. Thats just too complicated for the average nub, wihen 4 races are involved.. Stealing was ace in R2, when there was one race, but now it would just be crap.

-Elysium Officer
[1up] Senior MO
Retired
TheRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 01:09   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

its something old in a new form, a simple form - after all how can u get simpler than pink wings

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 18 Jan 2005, 03:52   #12
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Aaaah, I want stealing back
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 04:10   #13
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Two words:

Cargo

Ships
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 09:42   #14
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

ooooh cargo ships i remember them
but doesnt cov ops cover stealing resources now?

Sorry Kal if i leaked the pink wings i just could'nt help it
No one can keep a secret nowadays.

Unread 18 Jan 2005, 10:06   #15
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

New generation cargoships steal XP
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 15:35   #16
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

nah these new cargo ships steal roids..
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 16:02   #17
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
New generation cargoships steal XP
That, surprisingly, is not the most stupid thing i have heard of
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 16:05   #18
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

as you need to be small and attack big to get XP, would being able to steal it not encourage attacking small planets?
Unread 18 Jan 2005, 23:52   #19
Cayl

Actually my real guess is PDS. It would increase carnage, is old, and would be easy to put forth in a "new form"
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 00:08   #20
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

doesn't really solve the zik problem tho, and pds is fairly universally regarded as a mistake
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 07:45   #21
Cayl

I don't think PDS was a mistake... I also don't have any particular desire for it to return...

Its something that can be factored into a balanced set of stats

I've not seen anything from Kal about Zik changed being tied to the other new things in the game, but then I've not really cared to research the issue very much
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 08:58   #22
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
Actually my real guess is PDS. It would increase carnage, is old, and would be easy to put forth in a "new form"
If you read the suggestions forum PDS will never make a comeback because its just to much of a waste of time.

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 14:35   #23
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

PDS would be a great addition to races, as it would reduce the need (in theory) for defense. The problem with PDS of old was that it died very easily, very quickly to a large bash fleets.

*Me ponders....

PDS as constructions? that could, in theory work.... Old idea, revamped, new form...

Brimstone
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 14:41   #24
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
PDS would be a great addition to races, as it would reduce the need (in theory) for defense.
Thats exactly the reason why it would be a bad idea.

What PA needs is a more dynamic game with more successful attacks, but less effect of a single attack. PaX and its successors are a change in the right direction, PDS would lead back the wrong way.
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 15:42   #25
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone

PDS as constructions? that could, in theory work.... Old idea, revamped, new form...

Brimstone
Ages ago I recommended 'command centre' constructions, adding a bonus onto your damage. Perhaps proportional compared to teh size of the attacker. It would represent command installations more effectively commanding your fleets.

However, I do feel that attacking should be made easy enoughl to avoid stagnation, and I agree that generally PDS is a step in the wrong direction.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jan 2005, 16:06   #26
noah02
The Original Terran

Tiz already been suggested pah read the declined suggestons forums it says PDS a lot

Unread 19 Jan 2005, 18:24   #27
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I though we got to customise out wing colour...

I thought that was the big surprise :/

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 06:50   #28
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be very dissapointed if I don't get my pink wings :/
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 09:52   #29
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

my girlfriend read this thread and says that we should be able to have ships with different coloured wings
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 10:04   #30
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goafer LX#
my girlfriend read this thread and says that we should be able to have ships with different coloured wings
lol

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Jan 2005, 10:27   #31
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

actually, space ships fly in open space, they don't need wings at all
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 13:09   #32
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious
actually, space ships fly in open space, they don't need wings at all
Spoil sport ^^ think pink!

on the new thing, possibly a return of proper cloaking or a revamp of the way it works now?
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 13:20   #33
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

in a thread called "Selective defence" (subforum declined suggestions), discussing green hostiles and how to counter them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
this will not be needed due to a surprise coming up..
i really can't see how this could be applied to the topic of cloaking.
Unread 20 Jan 2005, 13:44   #34
Kal
Inactive peon

I can

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Jan 2005, 14:49   #35
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I can

And in another forum about keeping all us all informed you said you would because information to the public is needed a lot more (at least i think i read that)
And now you keeping secrets from us all and not telling us whats going on with this new thing and we know about the ping wings now( which envious is trying to spoil but everyone knows everyone adds wings to everything just incase) but lets stop keeping secrets about this secret your keeping as its killing me and us probably.

Unread 20 Jan 2005, 15:28   #36
Kal
Inactive peon

analyse the entire announcement and i'm sure you will work it out if you add in the context of the current situation in the game and current problems

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 20 Jan 2005, 15:46   #37
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
analyse the entire announcement and i'm sure you will work it out if you add in the context of the current situation in the game and current problems
Right if i wasnt in the army and wasnt an ex infantry man then i would be intelligent but seeing as i am I aint very good at guessing whats going on.
The pink wings were blindingly obvious because xans have white ships and ziks need to attract the opposite with there pink wings so they can hop on to there ships and take over
p.s for all you ziks out there ziks ships have women only on board so they can get whatever ships they want.

Unread 22 Jan 2005, 01:56   #38
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

did somebody mention PDS? oh and btw, stealing sucks

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2005, 13:26   #39
Kal
Inactive peon

whatever it is will not be in a form it has been in before - so any views on it based on previous implementations are irrelvant - so in short - saying pds sucks, saying stealing sucks, saying cargo ships are great etc is all completelly meaningless

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Jan 2005, 15:37   #40
noah02
The Original Terran

cargo ships that steal resources and ships from the comfort of there own home in the shape of pds ?
Wow
Or we gonna cov op stealing ships?

Unread 22 Jan 2005, 16:57   #41
mist
Jolt's best friend

given pateam's glorious past when it comes to introducing something without any consultation, i expect certain views based on previous implimentations to be valid.

honestly, have you learned nothing?
Unread 22 Jan 2005, 17:56   #42
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
given pateam's glorious past when it comes to introducing something without any consultation, i expect certain views based on previous implimentations to be valid.

honestly, have you learned nothing?
u really are grumpy atm

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Jan 2005, 18:03   #43
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Being in PA team for a sufficient length of time tends to have that effect on you .
Unread 22 Jan 2005, 19:12   #44
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
u really are grumpy atm
Neither PAteam nor the creators have a good smugness to robust feature ratio.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2005, 19:27   #45
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Neither PAteam nor the creators have a good smugness to robust feature ratio.
still doesn't mean mist isn't being grumpy atm.

PATeam does make mistakes, our biggest one quite often is listening to the loudest voices, thoose that complain or suggest most visibly rather than trying to look in the best interests of the game, however we are continually learning and improving.

Take the 1st round with buddy packs, it didn;t work to well so we scrapped it and had something that ended up worse - thats basically a minor mistake follwoed by a major mistake - now however we entered into an extensive consultation process and round 13 should have a very robust and reliable galaxy system. To me this is a good example of us learning and adapting, I would like to think that most if not all of the changes in round 13 will benefit the game, but time will tell.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 22 Jan 2005, 19:39   #46
mist
Jolt's best friend

my 'grumpyness' is, ironically, largely because of the way the galaxy setup was handled.

you went out with a plan and actually consulted people. in a generous mood i'd even be persuaded that you considered what they had to say and i thus far i see no evidence that you havn't acted on it. in short, i had hope that you might be improving.

you now seem to have gone back to the 'consultation is bad' mentality, rather ruining the hopes i had that you might have got a clue.

i'd be less disapointed if you hadn't got my hopes up in the first place.
Unread 22 Jan 2005, 20:32   #47
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Stealing wud be better as ive said all along when you took the races unique abilities away you made no use for them. So i wud welcome back the return of the stealing zik

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 01:44   #48
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
my 'grumpyness' is, ironically, largely because of the way the galaxy setup was handled.

you went out with a plan and actually consulted people. in a generous mood i'd even be persuaded that you considered what they had to say and i thus far i see no evidence that you havn't acted on it. in short, i had hope that you might be improving.

you now seem to have gone back to the 'consultation is bad' mentality, rather ruining the hopes i had that you might have got a clue.

i'd be less disapointed if you hadn't got my hopes up in the first place.
I don;t think consultation is bad, we just like to have a few surprises now and again, its about the only fun we have left, and some people have ben consulted on the change in question....

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Jan 2005, 02:05   #49
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
we just like to have a few surprises now and again
assuming that you're going to tell people what they're getting when they choose races, the only difference i can see between telling people now and telling people in a month's time is the month of fixing time you loose if someone does indeed spot a problem.

i promise we'll all look just as surprised now as we will later. honest.
Unread 23 Jan 2005, 06:25   #50
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

props to Kal and the rest of the PA team for all the hard work to keep this game Planetarion the best its ever been :ass-kissing-mode:

but really, inputs are good and loudmouths bitching are to be ignored - although mist has a point and stealing really does suck

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote