User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Jul 2004, 20:09   #1
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Round time display

As per usual the rumours are abound of this rounds end.

Would it be possible to state, from the round beginning, when it is going to finish and have this somewhere prominant. Perhaps set a tick lmit of ?k ticks. That way everyone knows where they stand and how long they have got to get that elusive next place on the ladders it would also cut down on the amount of players who get bored and stop playing as the first rumours start to circulate.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 22:22   #2
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: Round time display

That wouldn't be smart. It's much more effective to watch the game going. If stagnation begins, announce the end of the round 200 ticks later (or so). As long as the round lasts between a minimum nr of ticks (1500 I think, we DID pay after all), and a maximum (2000?), it should be fine. And to be honest, whats the profit of knowing the exact enddate of a round 3 months beforehand? I'd prefer to know the startdate of the round after it....
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jul 2004, 22:47   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
That wouldn't be smart. It's much more effective to watch the game going. If stagnation begins, announce the end of the round 200 ticks later (or so). As long as the round lasts between a minimum nr of ticks (1500 I think, we DID pay after all), and a maximum (2000?), it should be fine. And to be honest, whats the profit of knowing the exact enddate of a round 3 months beforehand? I'd prefer to know the startdate of the round after it....

it would in away be useful for us, in that it means we know what time scale we are developing on - of course we have unoffical dates etc that we work to, still i allways find an offical date is more of a motivator.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 09:29   #4
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
I dont even think there need to be a max either, as long as its finacially viable AND the game has stagnated theres nothing wrong with it going on for longer. After all it gives them more time to spend debeloping the next round which is never a bad thing
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 12:28   #5
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
it would in away be useful for us, in that it means we know what time scale we are developing on - of course we have unoffical dates etc that we work to, still i allways find an offical date is more of a motivator.
You can allways pick a date for a start of a new round. Only the time between the round varies then, when rounds have a variable length.
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 13:00   #6
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

does this have anything to do with alliances? if not, it'll be receiving a punt to suggestions in the near future.

more on topic. martok's idea makes a lot of sense, although pa seem to have learnt that they need to give themselves some slack when they're estimating dates. logically, the further off a date is the more slack should be given, so estimating a few months in advance might lead to several dull weeks

-mist
Unread 29 Jul 2004, 16:16   #7
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Yeah sorry mist,

I'd thought I'd run it by everyone here first just to see what general opinion was. Once you open it up to the public the comments start getting more manic :-)

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Unread 1 Aug 2004, 01:08   #8
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Does nobody else have an opinion on this?

Pretty straight forward I thought