User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment

Unread 9 May 2004, 08:42   #1
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future
ROCK Recruitment for round 11

The origin of Rock dates back to the end of round 2 as a partnership known as Stryke. Stryke was a rapid reaction force working via email and ICQ. The co-founder of Stryke arrived in Round 4 and made the decision to launch a parallel alliance called [p19]. It proved to be very successful, and during the last weeks of round 4 it was decided that the spirit of [p19] was something which nobody wanted to lose. The floodgates of recruitment were once again thrown open, but this time as Rock.The motive behind naming the alliance Rock has been forgotten - a few theories include the Rock-like solidarity of the alliance's members, the alliance's ability to "rock" the universe, or even the alliance Commander's taste in music. The most likely however, is that the name delves deeply into the very roots of Planetarion - after all, isn't that what this game is about - just a load of mineral enriched Rocks?

Rock continued to expand and to enjoy more and more success as an alliance throughout rounds 5 -10.5, forming a strong bond with our sister alliance Templar along the way. In round 7, Rock achieved a rank in the top 5 alliances. Also in round 9 of course there was a ROCK HC in the top ranked gal, that was of course the lovely Thely who has being great for ROCK as a HC/officer and as a freind to nearly everyone in ROCK, she put her time into the community and i think i speak from everyone when i thank her for what shes done.
When the Creators announced that Round 8 would be PA’s last, Rock made the decision to move into a game called ********** where it quickly became one of the most respected alliances in the game. Now, with PA sold and moving into Round 11 after round 9, 9.5, 10 and 10.5, ROCK is looking forward to it’s most successful round yet, with a strong and enthusiastic member base, great allies, and an experienced and dedicated command team.

ROCK has also gone into a new game which you all know which os ofc called PL (you all know the long name for it) ROCK has formed some great allies in this new game and has proven time and time again that ROCK is a force to be wreckoned with.

I am proud to say i have bein in many alliances in my time of PA from playing from round 1 till now and even though i have found some alliances to be great i have found there has bin no other alliance that cares for its community more then ROCK. Eclipse was my home mainly after ROCK where i felt this, but of course it disbanded.. and now i have found myself finally coming home.. i have came back to one of the only alliances left still playing this game from being origonally formed from the early rounds. Round 11 is approaching and to be honest after this round i have found that once again huge blocking has came into play, this is why i have came back to ROCK to try and make a difference and get ROCK more involved in PA as it used to be, when it was allied to alliances such as Xanadu and Templar. As i said above ROCK has concentrated on PL and has made a big name for itself i beleive once becoming the top alliance, with allies such as ely and Ouzo. This is a great community to be and i will make sure ROCK is recognised for all the hard work it puts into PA in round 11.

Rock's current (and future) goal and vision statement remains the same:

Rock members have priority every step of the way. Officers and high commanders are there to serve the needs and wishes of these members in any way possible. They are our life, our blood, the very makeup of Rock (and Planetarion) and we shall continue to strive to make sure that Rock’s fame in the area of strong defense continues, and that attacks as remain fruitful and fun as possible, never forgetting that FUN is what this is all about. And i think personally that is what has bin forgotten in this game now.. but dont get me Wrong ROCK will be fighting as well as any other alliances are also.

Joining requirements will vary from day to day once round 11 has started and score requirements may go into effect. Now, before the start of the round, the requirement atm is only to be on IRC at least 4 hours per day. Details are usually available in the topic of Rock’s public irc room - #rock on the Netgamers server. Join #rock and get to know us. We are a great community and we are famous for our community spirit. Or stop by to just play a little trivia. Any questions please e-mail [email protected]
Candidates looking to join Rock should first join the community channel #rock and then pm me 'Assassin' Hydrax, Ghost and NHimF this is only regarding PA recruitment i have nothing to do with PL (I personally hate that game )

Before approaching an officer, please make sure you are armed with the following personal information where available:

*Present Planetarion Score/Past scores from Previous rounds.
*Average amount of time spent active daily on irc
*Personal alliance history
*Personal Planetarion history
*special skills (ie. Gfx, coding etc…)
*Officer skills (example BC)

ROCK Recruitment Team

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder

Last edited by Assassin; 11 May 2004 at 09:55.
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 08:50   #2
Tyroka
Hat

Tyroka is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Rock is the "bestest" alliance around, u all know it is .
Lots of nice members since before and now some weird dutchies have joined as well, which is great .

The friends I have found in Rock are too many to mention and too good to "just" be mentioned.
I hope some new ppl joins to see that I'm telling the truth and ofc for the honour to get to know me
Unread 11 May 2004, 08:54   #3
Hue_Jass
Professional Noob

Hue_Jass is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ROCK Recruitment for round 11

What the hell was that? That was a terrible story, no one gets expelled from school, or pukes at a grad party. Haven't i taught you anything about stories. Geez. j/k good thread and good luck to everyone but assassin as i will roid him constantly next round
Hue_Jass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 08:55   #4
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Nickle i wud like to see you try as im beating you atm

Besides you may be joining next round

p3nguin Founder
Unread 11 May 2004, 08:58   #5
Hue_Jass
Professional Noob

damnit you gave away my secret identity. I'm like superman or jesus, now everyone knows who I am. damnit
Unread 11 May 2004, 09:01   #6
waffle
Eclipse 4 Life

waffle is an unknown quantity at this point
ROCK is good people

Was rock 9.5, tons of fun. . You won't be dissapointed. Not only good people, but also good pa players. Will learn alot from them. .
<cheerios> just a heads up if you're drunk or summit
<[DC]waffle> fkin n00b
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 09:18   #7
[BaD]Knoddy
[ROCK] *******

[BaD]Knoddy is an unknown quantity at this point

good we still got this leet speach by assassin...

ROCK is tons of fun indeed, and guess what?

WE NEED YOU TOO to be part of this great community
Unread 11 May 2004, 09:21   #8
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

With TFD we cooperated very closely with ROCK over the last few rounds, they prooved to be very loyal allies. In PAX that cooperation went as far as sharing an ingame tag (R&T) due us both having quite low membercounts. It worked perfectly, we were equals in every aspect, and so when it appeared TFD wouldn't field enough members for round 10.5 to play independantly, it was clear that joining ROCK was the best choice to keep the remaining TFD members together, in the alliance who prooved to be our best and most loyal allie, ROCK.

This round ROCK has prooved that they can hold their own compared to the other alliances, with the same or only slightly lower average than the alliances with higher membercounts, except for the evul mfp block ofcourse. and we all know that the less members you have, the harder it is to keep track of the rest.

For next roundI hope we can gather more good members, so we can face the other alliances on a more equal field. We've prooven we got the quality, now all we need is a bit more quantity.

So if you're looking for a good allaince with a very good community, join ROCK!!
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 09:28   #9
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

i started my career in rock was BC there
a damn good ally nice activity grat ppl great def
was also allied to rock in pia we won tow rounds there agaisnt the evil Drags and Illusion
they are very loyal and i can only say im proud that i fought with and on same side as them
/me fluffles all Rockers and thanks for the honour voice in ur public chan

Sjor

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 09:48   #10
Skippy10

Skippy10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been with ROCK all this round 10.5 and really enjoyed my stay. Will be with them in Round 11.

They are loyal , friendly and very humorous people.
They are also very willing to help you in time of difficulty.

Believe me Join ROCK and you won't regret it.
Unread 11 May 2004, 09:55   #11
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

I know fk all about ROCK but I know Assassin is a top bloke. Best of luck mate.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:00   #12
Hue_Jass
Professional Noob

I have just come to the conclusion that the people in ROCK are JERKS. They won't even op me. I didn't think people like that existed in pa. Hopefully they smarten up and op me soon or else....
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:06   #13
Assassin
PA Ancient

Begging for ops is acting noobish matey And thanx Mazz.. ill be working on it Perhaps ud like to join lol

p3nguin Founder
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:08   #14
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Begging for ops is acting noobish matey And thanx Mazz.. ill be working on it Perhaps ud like to join lol
Mebbe I will if something interesting doesn't happen

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:10   #15
Hue_Jass
Professional Noob

noobish is all I got. If i'm not noobish i an just a bad player
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:19   #16
Skippy10

Skippy10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awwwwwwww, Nicle , you're a nice guy and you're not a bad player, but I must agree with Assassin , asking for OP's is indeed noobish. :-) :-)
Unread 11 May 2004, 10:47   #17
Outh
Karaoke Machine

Outh is an unknown quantity at this point

ah, nice to see your coming back fully =). Good luck from me and all of WP =)
Round 2 24:13:06 - BlueTubas
Round 3 21:12:13 - BlueTubas
Round 4 65:18:11 - NoS/LuX
Round 5 10:18:20 - Wolfpack
Round 6 36:18:13 - Wolfpack
Round 7 34:18:09 - Fury
Round 8 37:06:08 - Fury
Round 9 14:07:02 - Wolfpack
Round 9,5 19:09:03/23:10:11 - Wolfpack
Round 10 05:05:06 - Wolfpack
Round 10.5 01:10:04 - Wolfpack
Round 11 01:06:09 - Wolfpack

community initiative - join #PA
Outh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 May 2004, 11:52   #18
TaucRedFox
BERZERKAR!

TaucRedFox is on a distinguished road

Great to have you back Assassin! I look forward to more mad antics and general insanity.

ROCK is a great place to be and has a lively and strong community spirit. All members, new and old, form a strong friendship and they carry that with them if they choose to quit or move on. We'd love to see our old friends return and welcome new members to add a new dynamic.

If you are tired of all the back biting and "1337" BS then I recommend you try joining us and start having fun.
Unread 12 May 2004, 14:44   #19
Assassin
PA Ancient

ROCK wont die and trust me.. we will keep ROCKing..

p3nguin Founder
Unread 14 May 2004, 16:08   #20
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Nicely put Assassin

Keep Rocking :P
Unread 16 May 2004, 07:05   #21
Reverence

Reverence is an unknown quantity at this point

If i join ROCK can i have op's

I love you long time

DEUS EX MACHINA

Ph33R the Alliance Bringing #ChaoZ

<Maddix> Men Dont Have Breasts, They Have Man Boobs
Reverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 21:11   #22
Assassin
PA Ancient

Nah sorry u dont get ops for that

p3nguin Founder
Unread 17 May 2004, 22:38   #23
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

BTW Are we the first alliance with a female as CEO? Can't imagine we're that progressive

-----
Unread 18 May 2004, 15:02   #24
Eddie_V
NAC Breda > *

Eddie_V is an unknown quantity at this point

wasn´t Sid a girl before the sex chance?
Proud to have been Adelante
Proud to have been Fury
Proud to have been Eclipse

Proud to be a part of R6B
Cya in tha next speedround
Eddie_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 18:52   #25
General Martok
used to register

You'd better have no planet next round, or you'll have 1up your arse

-----
Unread 19 May 2004, 07:19   #26
Assassin
PA Ancient

lol Id watch out now Eddie

p3nguin Founder
Unread 19 May 2004, 12:13   #27
Eddie_V
NAC Breda > *

Eddie_V is an unknown quantity at this point

1up your ass... lol, well said

I am still thinking about playing next round, but if I do I will watch out ;-) thnx for the advice
Proud to have been Adelante
Proud to have been Fury
Proud to have been Eclipse

Proud to be a part of R6B
Cya in tha next speedround
Eddie_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2004, 14:53   #28
Assassin
PA Ancient

lol amusing idd

p3nguin Founder
Unread 31 May 2004, 05:49   #29
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

<3 Rock.
Unread 31 May 2004, 09:16   #30
Assassin
PA Ancient

p3nguin Founder
Unread 1 Jun 2004, 22:00   #31
General Martok
used to register

The niveau of the conversation has dropped I see Time for a short update:

Though not all our members are playing this beta round (some use this time to catch up for rl issues etc, kinda the same players in every alliance do), we're actually doing very nicely. We are outranking several achieved alliances behind us in score or average score (or both), all we lack is some more active members. So join us!

Ofcourse beta rankings don't mean so much, but it shows at least we're practicing for R11 seriously

-----
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 07:32   #32
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough

IMO if you stopped using Rock puns every chance you guys got, you would look a lot cooler.

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 16:38   #33
Assassin
PA Ancient

I Suppose you wud preffer a simple thread saying 'Join Rock cuz we are elite' like most alliances do, wrong its cuz ROCK isnt a noob alliance, liv with it

p3nguin Founder
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 19:52   #34
syrek

syrek is an unknown quantity at this point

Recruiting would go a lot faster If you would react in you're channel >
syrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2004, 20:34   #35
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofutcha
IMO if you stopped using Rock puns every chance you guys got, you would look a lot cooler.
Who rocked your cradle?
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 06:05   #36
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
I Suppose you wud preffer a simple thread saying 'Join Rock cuz we are elite' like most alliances do, wrong its cuz ROCK isnt a noob alliance, liv with it

If this is directed at me then:

Nope, i would just rather a thread without the same old tired rock puns you guys have used since you started way back whenever.

I never said rock was a noob alliance or that i disliked rock, in fact i made a light hearted remark poking fun at the overuse of puns within your alliance. If you choose to take that comment as a serious insult, then so be it, but dont go getting your panties all twisted up for no reason.

Oh and would has an L and an O in it for a reason. I wont even go into the rest of your spelling.

#phnx
Unread 3 Jun 2004, 23:20   #37
General Martok
used to register

Ehm Nufutcha, how about shutting your mouth if you can't say anything sensitive. Your sense of humour isn't really convincing, if you want to post on RD make your own allianc (thread), instead of posting (negative) rubbish.

-----
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 02:32   #38
Nofutcha
Airvatar

easy on there tigers. Your getting your cage all rattled over a non-insulting joke. I never posted anything negative about rock. If you actually read what i said, it was that i dont dislike rock or think its a noob alliance. From a distance I have watched rock build up from the start and you guys should be proud of what you have accomplished.

Getting all worked up because I made a joke about all your puns is a terrible look for your alliance. If english isnt your first language then i can understand where your getting me wrong. Using puns isnt a reflection on your PA skills and I wasnt trying to start an argument over it.

#phnx
Unread 4 Jun 2004, 08:28   #39
General Martok
used to register

That was how I read it though, and I saw no indication that it was a joke (like a or a ). And no, it isn't my native language.

-----
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 11:29   #40
Jeltje
Rock hhc

Jeltje is an unknown quantity at this point

join rock and ill fluffle ya

proud to be ex-TFD-hhc-pa
Jeltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2004, 17:25   #41
Godfried

i'd like to join ROCK

was member of ROCK in 4 and 5
Unread 6 Jun 2004, 13:35   #42
Jeltje
Rock hhc

wel come on to #rock then

Unread 7 Jun 2004, 15:08   #43
Assassin
PA Ancient

Come to the channel #rock on irc and speak to me mate, im glad to see ROCKs community is coming back to life and i cant wait for round 11

p3nguin Founder
Unread 7 Jun 2004, 15:39   #44
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

good luck guys and great to see you back in full swing

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2004, 22:03   #45
General Martok
used to register

Doorsdown colour in sigs is soo gay :/

-----
Unread 10 Jun 2004, 08:52   #46
Assassin
PA Ancient

It ent that bad..

p3nguin Founder
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 08:11   #47
Jeltje
Rock hhc

its better now

Unread 15 Jun 2004, 08:31   #48
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point

/me waves to his former galmates martok jeltje and skippy10

You like those late night "Hello?"s from overseas?
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 08:41   #49
Jeltje
Rock hhc

more a early morning hello and yeh i like them

Unread 15 Jun 2004, 15:09   #50
Assassin
PA Ancient

Well just an update we are doing really well for round 11 if you still need alliances pop by, we will close recruitment soon so its upto you

p3nguin Founder