User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:07   #1
SilverBullet

looking back

I am no real life nerd.
I wonder how many of u can say the same. Many ppl in PA get this roleplaying act together and make themself a real personality on irc. i wonder how many of u have social problems in rl (and dont use pa as an excuse, my friends always kept comming over).

irc channels are like discos in rl. when i enter a disco, i know a lot of ppl, and when i enter, i really enter, ppl look up to see who's me. here on irc is the same, only thing is that irc is fake and not real. still many ppl feel it is real to them, see ppl begging for @ or + without them needing it... the @ abuse (not the kicking-hour-fun but the pure hungre for power). I have asked myself time and time over what's wrong with them ppl... and rnd after rnd i got the same answer, the ppl are rl-nerds who find their balance on irc.

how many ppl who are populair on irc are populair in rl? like the king and queen on the prom? cause thats the guy i am and the girls i get.....

and if u reply that u are no nerd, pls dont take pa-community as guidance, cause pa is full of nerds, it is build on nerds so the in-group is a biased population.

i think i made my point, pls choose:

1. I am a nerd and i am proud of it
2. I am a nerd and dont like it
3. I am an average guy/girl
4. I am the prom king/queen

and pls be honoust
(and if u see someone be kicked to death and u dont dare to interfare u are a nerd imo, so u got to have balls :P)
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:07   #2
raffe
pw04r!

raffe has a little shameless behaviour in the past

edit: I 'm gonna elaborate a little, since some ppl are saying that some of the replies posted here are not sincere and I want my '3' to be considered honest.

I 'm a 3, but with the best of both worlds. I got a nice social life now (took me a while hehe, I was kind of a geek until my 16th birthday :/). I go out a few times in the week (mostly friday - saturday to the pub or to a discotheque) and occasionally to big events (mostly big trance parties). When I haven' t got class in uni I just call some m8s and we go for a drink or whatever, or I work out in the gym. On the other hand I have a fair deal of PC knowledge so I 'm considered a pc-wiz among my m8s (not in a derogatory way though) and I like doing stuff on my PC, and being alone occasionally (I 'm kind of an introvert person when I 'm not going out). And I just love pissing ppl off by "flaming" them when they say stuff about pc's that is totally wrong (guess this is somewhat of a nerd-tendency but it 's always cool for a good laugh).

Last edited by raffe; 24 Oct 2002 at 15:34.
raffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:09   #3
Oktober

was pretty popular at school, halfway 3 and 4 until i got ill and my shallow lame-assed ****wit excuse for friends couldnt be botehred with me any more.
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:11   #4
SilverBullet

btw, Im 4 :P
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:17   #5
Vexaz

Vexaz is an unknown quantity at this point
3 , irc pa < shagging birds
R19 - R27: Orbit

Retired?
Vexaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:19   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I think people in RL definitly dont see me as a nerd but I know I am and feel better when people thread me like that.
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:24   #7
Sly
Tzuper

Sly is an unknown quantity at this point

People are shocked as hell when they find out I play a gimpy online game.
Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:25   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Sly

People are shocked as hell when they find out I play a gimpy online game.

yeah same for me. Also when I tell I know my gf from an online game. Same as they dont understand I like to spend my weekends with my computer and alone (when I cant be with her).
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:29   #9
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
somewhere between 3.5, i am pretty normal, active social life & stuff, and i also get my share of girls, but i wouldnt call myself a prom king (unlike sb who is the queen anyday )
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:30   #10
Biusa
Proud to be a Ðragon!

Biusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool

Well I am definately not a nerd...I would call myself a 3 :O
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:37   #11
Red_Guy
King Nothing

Red_Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
we (me, krewl * leshy) we're going to TFD meet, and we're talking bout PA (ofc ). one couple heard that and treated us like we were social retards of some sort. was actually really funny

but my point is that most ppl see irc/inet as something stupid, and that all ppl on it are real nerds with all other prejudice thingies etc. but thats just utter bull****! as if ppl collecting stamps, sitting in a pub 24/7 or "healthier" then some1 who learns english, learns how to communicate, or even learn how to manage large groups of ppl to get to a higher goal

and when u know ppl well enough, irc is just a reflection of how u really r in rl ;-)

btw, i'm 2.75
r1 (1st half): 1:17:5 - Reaper of Markian (IPC) | r1 (2nd half): 5:11:7 - Brennan of Pak (b0rk)
r2: 24:23:9 - Red Guy of High Knee (TFD) | r3: 34:13:5 - Red Guy of High Knee (TFD)
r4: 130:12:11 - Brennan of Pak (TFD) | r5: 15:24:4 - Captain Trips of Project Blue (TFD)
r6: 9:6:13 - H'minee of The Caretakers (TFD & Pepsi) | r7: 13:21:14 - The Key of My House
Round 8: random scanner (Titans) | Round 9: see r8 (Oly)
Round 9.5: 39:10:8 - Scum of The Planet (Oly/LDK)
Red_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:43   #12
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face

Hmm how were you gonna expect people to reply with a 2?

They won't do that if they were. I wont reply...

Ok I might fit into the "2" definition. Maybe a bit more like 2.5. I don't see myself as an absolute nerd, but I don't really have all that much of a social life either (not much not being none, but it could be more). I tend to spend too much time working and playing computergames. But most of those guys who won't dare reply are definitely "2". Damn I replied, I must be an absolute "1". Showing it off like this.
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:54   #13
SilverBullet

well i wonder how many ppl have the balls to be honoust...
all who are i really admire.

and i dont care if someone is a rl-nerd or not, in rl i dont care neither. i hang out with all kinda different ppl, but to be honoust, in rl, nerds dont want to hang out with me, they think and say i am agressive and all... but i would never ever harm anyone without reason...

anyway, come out of the closet whoever u are and just be honoust, if ppl suddenly dont like u anymore they arent real friends, so f*ck them
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:54   #14
unbanskaut

would haveto say 3 for me too.

used to be a bit more 2'ish but even if i had been on my puter for the entire week i still always went out on weekends to party and to "sosialize"

nowadays i'm only on my puter when i have time from my school and gf and boozing. which is virtually none. heh. even haveto take time off from boozing to be able to actually get to my own flat/puter.

rl is cruel and hideous place.
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:55   #15
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Im a 3..i might smell just a little tho, after to long hours behind the comp ;p
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:56   #16
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
I suppose I'm somewhere between a 1 and a 3 (skipping right over the 2, as if I do have some nerd tendancies I really don't mind them)

I get the feeling if I spent a few hours a day on a PS2 rather than on the computer I'd somehow be 'cooler'

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 14:57   #17
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
So your all super cool then ! What a surprise and there was me thinking you'd all answer that you were geeks

Honestly I'd like to be like the rest of you and answer "4 ! 4 ! 4 !" but if I'm honest I'd say I'm an average guy (3) I've always been pretty popular and if I go into a pub/club around here a good number of people will come over for a chat. I’ve never really been short of friends and I guess at times I’d consider myself quite good looking. I play football for my university (I've only just started here but I'm already in the 2nds which is quite impressive) and I can honestly say I have a gorgeous long-term girlfriend. But saying that I've always been the clever one out of the people I tend to hang round with and I've always been into computer games even before Planetarion, I take a bit of flak for it from the boys (I actually get far more from Aime who likes to take the piss out of me for it) but nothing really serious. As for IRC personalities I think it’s an extension of my real life self (Though Pring and I aren’t gay I swear) I’m pretty much hyper active and “jokey” all the time in both though I doubt I'm that popular on IRC other than with those I work with on a close level.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:04   #18
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
So your all super cool then ! What a surprise and there was me thinking you'd all answer that you were geeks

I thought most of the replies here are pretty honest
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:12   #19
SilverBullet

SilverSmoke i think u were honoust and some more are, but not all, and a lot dont reply... and Hicks u say what others say aswell, that ppl wont reply honoust, im afraid u have a point there

but tbh (now i am afraid im really gonna offend ppl), when i see meeting-piccies, from wherever..... heh.... cant imagine they all populair ppl
but i really dont say this to offend ppl, that is not the meaning of this i even consulted some irc-friends wether i should post it or not...
and i dont want to sound arogant or whatever... everyone has to take a **** and was born nekkid..... we all the same in a way
/me shuts up for now and will see what more replies there will be...
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:14   #20
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Although sometimes I am a very stupid 3. I tend to mess up things once in a while.

Not a nerd at all, really don't know much about computers (only the basic stuff), never been a real 'gamer' (my first comp was a NES !!).

Anyway, at the moment I'm looking for a good 4 (females only) to spend the rest of my life with. Although, a 3 would be fine as well

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:15   #21
Catwoman

Catwoman is a jewel in the roughCatwoman is a jewel in the roughCatwoman is a jewel in the rough
whats wrong with nerds :P
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:20   #22
unbanskaut

Re: Re: looking back

Quote:
Originally posted by Rythms
With friends I'm something special, because i'm the one that always has some weed around, helping everyone and beeing always nice.
how was it... ah yes,

A FRIEND WITH WEED, IS A FRIEND INDEED!!
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:20   #23
Coaxmetal
Ensign!

Coaxmetal is on a distinguished road
You know it is kind of sad to brag of how much of a guy you are in rl on an internet forum?
Coaxmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:22   #24
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough
i'd say 3

neva had problems with my m8s

girls come along often enough.
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:23   #25
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Coaxmetal
You know it is kind of sad to brag of how much of a guy you are in rl on an internet forum?
sofar I've seen nerds and average people.
Nothing to brag about that ...

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:25   #26
unbanskaut

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio

true. xcept for the hicks' post. it kinda smells. :>
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:26   #27
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by Coaxmetal

Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:27   #28
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by unbanskaut

true. xcept for the hicks' post. it kinda smells. :>

yeah he's actually the only one here who implies being a '4' except for the threadcreator (but that was with a smiley)
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:34   #29
SilverBullet

Quote:
Originally posted by Catwoman
whats wrong with nerds :P
nuttin at all <------- !!!

lol, maybe that's my point. one can choose #1
nerd and proud :P
(like black and proud, cause nerds are looked at as less ppl)

but i dont care really only thing i wondered how well the self-knowledge of ppl was + !if they have enough selfesteem to talk about themselves... and ofc how many are like what category :s
i just happen to be curious about it.

btw i got good grades at school aswell, so getting good grades doesnt make one a nerd :P being picked on is more like it
/me always stood up for ppl who were being picked on in rl
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:36   #30
SilverBullet

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke

yeah he's actually the only one here who implies being a '4' except for the threadcreator (but that was with a smiley)
i am a 4
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:37   #31
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke

Surely the fact right now I'm sat on IRC (One of the geekest chat programs on the Internet) while writing an Economic history essay discounts me from being a 4. I wouldn't say I was a 4 by any streach of the imagination nor would I really want to be I enjoy online gaming far far too much.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:39   #32
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverBullet

i am a 4

I can be a four but the idea makes me puke
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:39   #33
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road
LOL~!

I am a world traveller, an academic, a writer, a comedian, athlete (up til 3 years ago) have a stunning looking wifey, was a high ranking political advisor and tbh, play this game on the side as a break from work, and life in general, which can be full of stress at times... Most of my RL friends do not know I play online games much, but its something I don't hide from or feel ashamed about.

Many of the people I have met in my career in PA and on other website games I play on, are mostly professional people like myself, with wives, children, normality in abundance and healthy personal lives... These people interact fluidly with those who may not be as atuned and Prom King/queen-ish like most of us here are... but you know what, the great thing about IRC, online world is that it breaks down barriers in a utopian sort of way, and is now becoming one of the fastest and easiest ways for successful and not so successful people (however you want to gauge that) to meet people in rl to find rl relationships and friendships.

I'm a social commentator so I couldn't resist this thread.

Leto

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:40   #34
SilverBullet

Quote:
Surely the fact right now I'm sat on IRC (One of the geekest chat programs on the Internet) while writing an Economic history essay discounts me from being a 4. I wouldn't say I was a 4 by any streach of the imagination nor would I really want to be I enjoy online gaming far far too much.
playing online game doens make one a geek ffs :s (although my friends make jokes like that ) it is more a state of being
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:44   #35
SilverBullet

Quote:

but you know what, the great thing about IRC, online world is that it breaks down barriers in a utopian sort of way, and is now becoming one of the fastest and easiest ways for successful and not so successful people (however you want to gauge that) to meet people in rl to find rl relationships and friendships.

I'm a social commentator so I couldn't resist this thread.

Leto
i feel u (agree) but i was more looking at the fake-side of it
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 15:47   #36
Duke Leto
Semper Facundus

Duke Leto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You need any help, give me a shout.

I'm working on an intl trade law/economics journal article on MEA/WTO interactions.

My thesis is that undercurrent EU / US socio economic stakes involved with trade and the environment have caused for political manuevering within international agreements (the Biosafety Protocol and WTO) to move forward policy agendas in the current stalemated discussions on GMO food regulations.

: )

My god... I am a nerd.

ROFL!

Leto

R1 - noob
R2 - hirr
R3 - hirr BC
R4 - hirr HC
R5 - hirr HC
R6 - hirr HC
R7 - hirr Senate
R8 - hirr Drug Czar and Pimp Daddy
R9- Manager of "Pron for Homeless" program
R10- Actually gettin some while you suckas played PA
R11- hirr ambassador to Iraq
R12- hirr Minister of Propaganda & "Keeper of the Treats"
Duke Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 16:00   #37
MegaNova
m33p

MegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the roughMegaNova is a jewel in the rough
I would say i am a 3
But some RL firends say i am a nerd, not becouse i dont have a social life or something like that. But becouse i play an internet game that i play at nights and use something called irc where you can chat when there is something called msn.
And when ppl read my sms inbox they c strange sms messages with only the word "INCOMMING"
MegaNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 16:03   #38
Barbalyzer

re

a real 3, though I'm sure some ppl at uni who don't know me think I'm a 1 or 2 as I'm a trouble shooter at the comp rooms and troubleshooters have a kind of image and I have to admit that I hang a little bit too much at my comp (have a comp with 24/7 internet connexion on my study address for the first time now), but that will pass away, especially when last round of PA is over. Anyways I go out mostly thursdays, some times saturday (m8s at my parents are lame sometimes), try to make all the parties at the uni (very fun), which sometimes is a bit hard, am one of the more social ppl of the other students in the student's home I live, at least imo & play indoor football (though as a team we suck coz we've been put in a too tough pool between all other 1337 teams), so no problems with my social life. Btw, SB, where do u go out in my neighbour town (me wanna check if u are a real 4 :P )
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 16:07   #39
unbanskaut

Quote:
Originally posted by Duke Leto

You need any help, give me a shout.

I'm working on an intl trade law/economics journal article on MEA/WTO interactions.

My thesis is that undercurrent EU / US socio economic stakes involved with trade and the environment have caused for political manuevering within international agreements (the Biosafety Protocol and WTO) to move forward policy agendas in the current stalemated discussions on GMO food regulations.

: )

My god... I am a nerd.

ROFL!

Leto
too many big words. me does not understand.
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 16:32   #40
SilverBullet

Re: re

Quote:
Btw, SB, where do u go out in my neighbour town (me wanna check if u are a real 4 :P )
depends,
su-wed 3 gezusters chatting with the bar-girlies (and i get free mixdrinks) (i dont like it on busy days cause then all the ppl who try to be cool are there :s the so called players, im more fond of ballers, ppl who are straight act-like-are)
thurs-sa depends on my m8s, i myself prefer a pub where i can talk buseniss, but some m8s prefer places where a party is to hit on girlies.

anyways, drop by and see for yourself, whatever u like, we'll go there

just call meh
phonenumber: (soz girls, but i that i give him on irc)
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 17:30   #41
Rythms

Quote:

btw i got good grades at school aswell, so getting good grades doesnt make one a nerd :P being picked on is more like it
/me always stood up for ppl who were being picked on in rl
/me slaps his http://dict.leo.org around a bit with wrong english.
fs
it said so,...

If it's right what you say, I'm not a nerd, except for two ppl (which we kinda own atm :P).
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 17:43   #42
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a 5

that's a guy who doesn't give a ****.

I'd like to think that I've got integrity tho.
I've always admired people like that.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 17:46   #43
Rythms

Quote:

1. I am a nerd and i am proud of it
2. I am a nerd and dont like it
3. I am an average guy/girl
4. I am the prom king/queen
In school i'm now a nerd :P
I'm having good grades, but earlier i was a nightmare for every teacher (pubertary f*ck i'd call myself)

With friends I'm something special, because i'm the one that always has some weed around, helping everyone and beeing always nice.
to girls I'm someone seens mainly as a friend, am polite and gentle. If i have a gf, i'm getting her (wrong english i know) soon after i got her to know (usually).

I do have rl problems, mainly with some morons in my school (2 ppl from another room, we 'r having some word battles every other day ) but nothing special.
I'm a boarding school pupil, as some might know, and i do have a some way "splitted" real life, which is quite interesting.

In boarding school, no one knows each other really, and i know there is a couple of ppl that are lying quite alot.
However, you don't rly have to care and sometimes i'm quite harsh to ppl here (those 2 morons e.g.).

At home, where i'd call it my real life happens, I'm having my best buddies and so on, hardly got any problems.
When i had problems, it was with ,well how do i say it in english, turkish immigrants which use to beat some ppl up every other day, and if you go into a city where you dunno them, you have to take care a bit.

I'm leaving boarding school after this school year, and I'm looking forward to have my life back, although i enjoyed beeing in boarding school.
fyi: german boardiing schools aren't as strict as english onmes, so don't compare it.

drinking every thursday (last night in school) is usual, but smoking weed in school is avoided by me and nearly all pll in my grade, although other grades did it ..

When i talked to ppl on irc, i found out that most of them were quite normal (well, everyone calls himself normal, from his view..) but some were a bit geeky (every round winner must be heh) ..

most are students and heavy partying ppl, so thats what i'd call normal

anyone not having |afk behind his nick at least once a weekend cannot be called normal Fullpoint ..

oh i forgot:
I'm a sportsman through and through, although that was cut a bit due to my school.
I've been in the hessen (german county) selection of the best hockey gamers (again, hockesy in germany is totally different to hockey in netherlands or england, where i heard only rich ppl are playing it, here it is a normal sport) and i was always the best man in my team
further on, I'm a winning type of guy, not always winning tho apparently.
I came to my boarding school, and won the school sports championsship in first try (running 100m, running 1km, broad jump, shotput) which was quite funny actually (imagine my sport grades making a big jump )

About friends making jokes or disliking comp gaming:
noone of my friends at home is actively playing internet games, my best one would for fun but has no proper connect (he plays GTA 3 and such tho), and he has no money for that and/or newer games spare (he's a bit addicted to smoking etc :P ).. the other ones hardly ever touch a comp.
If they visit me at my home, we chill in my room, download music they want to show me etc .. but we never play comp games together.

in school, i was shown planetarion in comp room in rnd 3, and like a boom (it was winter and the general boredom on a boarding school was unimagineable) man ppl started playing pa (like me) ..
3 ppl including me finished rnd 4 with a good score, one was multiing a hell, and 2 inc me went into r5 with a paid account.
now, me and another one are still gaming.
the level of comp gaming in school is pretty high, but it's normally offlne games (cs is prohibited, and connection is isdn for 18 comps).

me beeing at a comp: at the weekend, when i'm at home:
In the morning i usually get up late, start comp, turn on music and take a shower, then check forums and game accounts, then chat a bit or play games.
I'm usually online all the day, and code some webby, do some gfx stuff, chat or play games until i have to do my phonecalls and stuff to get out,..
comp is staying online and turned on until i get home at night am totally wasted and either:
find the sound too annyoing and turn it off, or
check boards/accounts and stuff, and chat while beeing drunken (yay fun).
If i don't come home, or come home with a chik i never touch comp, or my sisters turn it off because they find the sound annoying..
at sundays i usually meet up with my friends, and the other time I do the same stuff at comp ..

if i have to do other stuff, I'm online anyways and check every hour or such, when i pass the room my comp is in and check irc or so ..

well, thats pretty much all.
so call me a 1,3 and maybe sometimes a 5 (pom = prominent???)
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 17:51   #44
StreeTMouseY
Critter Extraordinare

StreeTMouseY is an unknown quantity at this point
I am fat, i wear glasses, people beat me up.
I dont go out at all. I never had a girlfriend.
PA is my life and i only live so one day i get op in #vts or fury or #nerd.

Peace

Mouse

btw

i would rate my self 5 clearly.

MouseH

R3 - StreeTMouse of TheBigCheese - N00b
R4 - MiMiC of Terra Mistica - Legion
R5 - Mouse fatalle of CheeseLand -Xanadu
R6 - State of Mind - Critters, Legion
R7 - Property of |Queen-Doris| - Critters
R8 - Expect company of Hidden Hostile ships - Critters & OuZo (o)
StreeTMouseY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 18:01   #45
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I cyber Mousy. That just about says it.
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 20:11   #46
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
According to your descriptions I seem to be an entire contradiction. I know how to install Linux without an extensive manual, I build my own computers, I installed an internal network in my house, I spend on average about 3 or4 hours day on the net, I know how to compile a program, I've got computers dating from 1986 onwardsin the house, computer parts are stuffed in all my drawers, I want to know how every bit of a computer works and bend it to my will, I dabble with programming.

On the other hand I drink more than the recommnded weekly dose of alcohol every weekend (sometimes on a friday and then again on a saturday), people ring me to find out what partys are going on as people tend to just tell me stuff, I work in advertising full time, I do Tae Kwon Do, I play hurling (Irish national sport) and football, I've won regional medals in sports at the highest level possible, I've also got a girlfriend. Based on what I've seen so far I'm a complete oddity, or maybe I'm just well rounded.
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 21:33   #47
[i2k]Xy
Why so serious?

[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough[i2k]Xy is a jewel in the rough
dudes

I can answer for chemical .. hes a nerd.

4S

Illuminati
[i2k]Xy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 21:51   #48
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
I am definately a 4. I rang my best friend Kyle who I go train spotting with on Saturday afternoons; hes the one I spotted the Mallard with; he says Im the funniest guy hes ever met in his life. We always have a great time together. However, I wasn't sure. So I rang my friend from Stamp collecting, on his mobile. I think his phone must have been broken so as this thread was worrying me so I went around to his house. He let me in eventually; well he answered the door; he said yeah Im a geek but I begged him and offered him a 1919 Falkland Island Stamp that was in mint condition and he said I was the coolist guy he had ever met and if he was a girl he would go out with me immediately and he reconed that the only reason why a girl had never gone out with me is that they would probably be completely in awe of me and they new that they just couldnt handle all of the other girls who might through themselves at me.

I think thats the right reason. So my two really good friends think so much of me I must be a 4.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2002, 22:23   #49
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a 1, sometimes bordering on a 2. Was a 3 in high school, but when I went to college, I closed in on myself - the "social" objectives of getting high/drunk/laid (preferably all three) didn't interest me in the slightest (well, the first two at least :P ). So, instead of "socializing", I turned to the computer.

I'm not unhappy with the way I am, I'm content - which is more than a lot of people can say for themselves. I hate large groups of people, especially people I don't know. I am a classical nerd, and I enjoy it. Solitude is bliss, though I would go out with some friends if any were nearby.

Some people think it's awful to be alone without real life "friends". That depends on the type of person you are. I bet no one who bitches at people like me realize that we enjoy our solitude, and that their bitching just pressures us to do things we don't want to do.

Tis amusing.

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Oct 2002, 02:20   #50
Beast-of-War
clueless HR pe0n

Beast-of-War is an unknown quantity at this point
I range between 1,2,3.
I spend way to much time on "fun" stuff
( computers, RPGs, reading, wanking etc etc).
I dislike having to do anything I dont want to do.
I work becus I HAVE to work.
My flat is a mess and I really should clean it but I dont want to do it and therefore I dont.
Im always very late with payments becus
I dont want to check my mail-box.

But that being said I do like my job( Im a staff nurse) and got a nice group of friends and some excellent collegues at work.
Im usually well-liked.
If you treat ppl decent they in turn most likely treat you decently.
What comes around goes around .
I even had a gf but ditched her when "the going got rough".
Sometimes I wish I had worked abit more on that.
But I had just discovered PA and that was at that time more fun than her.
What a twat I was when I think about it .

I like my solitude but I need social interaction sometimes.
But not alot .

I have never been a 4 and never will be.