User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jun 2003, 11:43   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
As silly as it may sound

How do you build your fleet ?

Since I like, in the morning (when launchtime is due) I build wyverns, 16 hours before the supposed next launch time I build pegasi and demeters (they are then in line with the wyverns) and 12 hours before I build some frigs, and then I randomly build a number of harpies after that and with that variation i start building wyverns again.

Don't you get a silly fleetcomp that way ? (btw so far it has been fking effective)
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:03   #2
Dreadnought

You are a wise man

Pegasus 23 1 6
Demeter 1 3 16 2
Hydra
Syren
Wyvern 23

Will order some chims/centaurs soon

the 23 peg/23 wyvern are eta 14 atm
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:07   #3
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
my method exactly, centaurs are just a C sink since you do need that buffer between pulsars and pegasi
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:22   #4
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
I look to see what I need, and then spend whatever resources I have, i.e. when online, I buy whatever I most need every tick. Gives a slightly better fleet comp, and it also means that ships are ready sooner, and can be used for other purposes, like defence, a lot sooner.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 12:31   #5
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
i wake up, build some M heavy ships, normally Arrows, or Pulsars..then i spent the rest of the day restoring the balance with Sents, eventually i can even build a few vishrak..
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 13:09   #6
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts
I order ships at random throughout the day until tea time, then I randomly order scans. By bedtime, I have a real mixture of stuff.
sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:07   #7
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
I'm building back what i've lost every day... Then try to buy scans, since i used 40 scans for sec/unit/pds/mil and then 20 newsscans...

Sometimes i got some money left... And build some FI

That's about it, i grow about 4k a day!
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:23   #8
Fasie

Fasie is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i mostly save up so i can attack smaller targets as i am not really active this round, then he tic before i land i order pegs and wyvs and i save my metal as a deterent to buy about 1k harpies for the nce one comig n me :-)

But offcrouse when you play more actively you should keep your ships balanced at all time, and try to get all ships in the same tick. But since resources are score, you can use it to lower the score you can cap (if it still exists, can't find it so :/ )
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:27   #9
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Well, i dont usually follow a plan that strictly, Theam, as i an not playing this game constantly to be able to do so.

What i do is build defensive ships at a time so that they are ready roughly at 20-22:00 GMT, then i will go and use them before 24:00.

i then wait untill the next day and spend on offensive ships/scans etc, then turn around and use those for defence too.

its a vicious cycle :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:31   #10
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

only if it is the last possible measure i use my metal to build harpies if i am under attack
otherwise i just build the chimeras the tick before they land.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:48   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
i'll be ****ed if i can ever understand the game the some of you do
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 14:57   #12
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
i log in once a day, randomly decide to make guardians, tarants or scorpions and then waste the spare crystal in spiders/scans

then i log in again if someone on irc haves a good reason for it, but usually i don't build ships then

(i thought long and hard about this strategy, so far it didn't bring me to a top 10 position, but i blame Fury and SL for that)

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 15:03   #13
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
If I need vults or arrowheads or scans I order them, spend the rest on sents and with my left over M build vsharraks. I do this every tick too, not at any specified time
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 15:10   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
I just push buttons.

And push some more buttons.

Then some ships pop up into my productionline.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 15:21   #15
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
If I need vults or arrowheads or scans I order them, spend the rest on sents and with my left over M build vsharraks. I do this every tick too, not at any specified time

xan is diffo
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 15:28   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I build what I feel like at the time.

This means I have 17 thieves.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 15:29   #17
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
i'm xan... and sadly enough.. i'm agreeing with theamion... xans can actually build fleets after they picked targets often heh
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 15:56   #18
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: As silly as it may sound

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
How do you build your fleet ?

Since I like, in the morning (when launchtime is due) I build wyverns, 16 hours before the supposed next launch time I build pegasi and demeters (they are then in line with the wyverns) and 12 hours before I build some frigs, and then I randomly build a number of harpies after that and with that variation i start building wyverns again.

Don't you get a silly fleetcomp that way ? (btw so far it has been fking effective)
I do exactly the same. When I wake up in the morning I build a bunch of rogues/clippers for the attack the next morning, build cutter/marauder througout the day going down the thiefs & Fi by the time I have to go to bed

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 16:21   #19
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: As silly as it may sound

Quote:
Originally posted by mazzelaar
I do exactly the same. When I wake up in the morning I build a bunch of rogues/clippers for the attack the next morning, build cutter/marauder througout the day going down the thiefs & Fi by the time I have to go to bed
Sad

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 16:50   #20
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Re: Re: Re: As silly as it may sound

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Sad
No, addicted.
If you smoked, could I call you 'Sad'?
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 16:55   #21
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
I build zik FR and DE all day and in evening I build some corsairs.I do not bother making the fleet ready for a certain launchtime as it varies and since I do not have ranking objectives I might wel not be attacking at all at some days.

hAl
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 16:59   #22
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: Re: Re: As silly as it may sound

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
No, addicted.
yes :P

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 08:21   #23
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Re: Re: Re: As silly as it may sound

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
No, addicted.
I lurve to smoke

and ignore zhil - he's just pi$$ed cos there is no-one around to calc for him anymore

I know he's addicted to PA as much as I am.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 08:48   #24
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: As silly as it may sound

Quote:
Originally posted by mazzelaar
and ignore zhil - he's just pi$$ed cos there is no-one around to calc for him anymore
Lol

lo mazzie
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 08:52   #25
Denniz
Angelus Mortis

Denniz is an unknown quantity at this point
When i wake up ( after lunch etc :P ) i rebuild what i lost on my attack. When i think i need more co, i build those so they are ready for attacks. And i build fi l8r in the evening.
r5 - 15:24:8 - Angelus Mortis of Mortem Expetere LuX/Wolfpack
r6 - 27:20:6 - Ignotus Milites of Non Omnis Moriar Wolfpack
r7 - 8:13:8 - Periculum In Mora of Aurora Musis Amica Wolfpack / allianceless / SnugglehBunnies
r8 - 22:5:4 Est quaedam flere voluptas of Hinc illae lacrimae Adelante / Fury / SnugglehBunnies
wc 1 - xx:yy:zz - ^Nuda veritas of Mirabile dictu^
wc 2 - 3:13:9 - Nox of Omnis una manet nox
r9 - 37:2:8 Nomen est omen of Somnium verum evadit Eclipse / SnugglehBunnies
r9.5 23:2:1 Multos timere debet of quem multi timent Elysium / SnugglehBunnies
Denniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 09:49   #26
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: As silly as it may sound

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha1975
Lol

lo mazzie
lo hun - I'm miss teh SQRL

Quote:
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 12:27   #27
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
4 /8 hrs production > *

I tend to have 10-15 hours of income piled, usually start to build some arrows and what else i have calced losses of the day will be a couple of hours before impact, then i tidy up the numbers after the reports.
Yes i dislike having odd numbers of ships :P