User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 6 Sep 2006, 11:34   #1
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
Hard Drives and sutff

My laptop contains 40gb memory. This, is quite obviously not enough.

I am looking to purchase an external HDD for backup and storage.

I have a budget of about £150.

I am basically after something that has as much capacity as posibile, that runs as quiet as posible as fast as posible.

Some people have mentioned to me using a caddy and a normal PC HDD. Others have said externals.

I would apreciate any advice from people or details of what you run around that budget area.

Lots of hugs and thanks

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 11:38   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Hard Drives and sutff

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191735
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 11:47   #3
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I got this for £75 including delivery but it seems they have put the price up since then. It's pretty much silent, runs fast and has plenty of space. The 320GB version will cost you ~£95 or if you want one with firewire and USB2 rather than just USB2 (firewire is quite a bit faster i think but it depends whether your laptop supports that), then they have a 300GB one for £120 or there's a similar Western Digital 400GB one just in your price range.

Last edited by JC; 6 Sep 2006 at 11:54.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2006, 12:01   #4
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

I've gone for the on Megla suggested on furball's thread.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote