User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Nov 2004, 13:35   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
the catholic church

this is great, isnt it?
it took them 800 years to do this !!! so its probably only another 300 years before they forgive us for the 30 years war ?!
and i thought its slow if the EU needs 15 years for a CAP-reform.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 15:12   #2
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: the catholic church

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
their remains were looted by Latin Crusaders in 1204
thats why the catholic church is COOL
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 15:19   #3
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

better late than never. The Church is rather slow though, I mean, they have been waiting for the 2nd coming for some good 2000 years now (the second coming is soon, and it always will be)

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 15:24   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i thought it was happening like 5 years agon when the millenium came on?
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 15:48   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Well they have so much crap lying around I'm sure they just got misplaced.
It was probably resolved when the Greeks called the Repo Men.

*knock knock*
Pope: Who's there?
Guy: Repo Guy
Pope; No way! I just payed the f*cking installment on the TV! You bastards are always callin round here! I didn't even get a second notice you f...
Guy: We're here for the saints!
Pope: Saints? What Saints? Err...we have quite a few you'll have to be more specific.
Guy: Um....Saint Gregory of Nazianze and Saint John Chrysostom
Pope: Chrysostom?? Isn't that a for atheletes foot??!
Guy: Open the damn door Pope! And don't think about trying that excommunication thing again, I'm athiest!
Pope: Fine! Take the bastards...800 years doesn't exactly do much for the smell!....Those damn Greek bastards, that's the last time I go on an 18-30s holiday to Crete!
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 16:27   #6
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: the catholic church

To be fair to the Catholic church, they never intended for the crusaders to sack Constantinople. I believe the Fourth Crusade had already been excommunicated for attacking a roman catholic city. Blame the 'merchants of Venice' who provided transportation for the crusaders in exchange for a bit of 'regime changing.'

Oh well, at least they didn't charge them for 800-years of "storage fees".
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 17:09   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

and it makes no difference whatsoever, JPII is really trying, i will give him that, but none of the orthodox churches will ever trust the catholics
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 17:22   #8
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

They're considering apologising to the Templars as well it seems...

Last edited by SYMM; 29 Nov 2004 at 19:10.
SYMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 19:03   #9
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
better late than never. The Church is rather slow though, I mean, they have been waiting for the 2nd coming for some good 2000 years now (the second coming is soon, and it always will be)
You'll choke on your words tomorrow - I've heard that Jesus is visiting your college.
Unread 29 Nov 2004, 19:29   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
i thought it was happening like 5 years agon when the millenium came on?
Considering Jesus was born in either 6 or 5 BC, the Second Coming should have been in 1994 or 1995. So watch those little kids running around your house. They may be Jesus.
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 01:53   #11
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
They're considering apologising to the Templars as well it seems...
The Templars no longer exist. The Vatican has been taken in by some wacky historical recreationists who like to think they are part of an organisation that ceased to exist hundreds of years ago.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 01:56   #12
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
St Malachi said there'll be two more Popes, the last one (Peter II) being Pope while the RCC falls. (Of course, if he's right, then he was inspired by God, and the heretics who overthrow the Pope will feel like right idiots when they come before the Pearly Gates.)
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 02:00   #13
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Considering Jesus was born in either 6 or 5 BC, the Second Coming should have been in 1994 or 1995. So watch those little kids running around your house. They may be Jesus.
does this mean we have a legitemate reason for killing (annoying?) children? or did that only work the first time?

-mist
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 02:47   #14
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I giggle everytime I see someone mention christianity and the church these days.

I'm also reading the Da Vinci Code.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 07:44   #15
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
I giggle everytime I see someone mention christianity and the church these days.

It's pretty good as a read. I finished it in twenty four hours which I always do with books I'm really into. I hope you're not taking it all at face value though
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 11:03   #16
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
The Templars no longer exist. The Vatican has been taken in by some wacky historical recreationists who like to think they are part of an organisation that ceased to exist hundreds of years ago.
Firstly, how does that affect the prospect of an apology?
Secondly, who made you the expert?
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 11:17   #17
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Firstly, how does that affect the prospect of an apology?
I would tend to agree with your first point but your second makes you sound disturbingly like a conspiracy theorist.
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 11:38   #18
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm

I thought it was an amazing book! I'm noticing symbolism everywhere now...

In reference to the second coming - if it did happen - noone would believe him. He'd be straight in a mental institute.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 11:45   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

If there is a second coming we'll all know about it
Quote:
and he will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead
whatever in glory means I have a feeling it'd be rather hard to miss it.
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 12:00   #20
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

morning glory?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 12:00   #21
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I would tend to agree with your first point but your second makes you sound disturbingly like a conspiracy theorist.
I don't know (and tbh don't care) whether the order still exists or not, but to say they don't as if it's fact seems a bit sundayish to me...
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 12:44   #22
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
I don't know (and tbh don't care) whether the order still exists or not, but to say they don't as if it's fact seems a bit sundayish to me...
But the order doesn't exist. I suppose it may exist in the same sense that something utterly unknowable and unprovable may exist but that's not exactly much. The evidence for the order still existing versus the evidence for it no longer existing weighs in pretty conclusively on the no longer existing side.
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 12:58   #23
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled...?
Unread 30 Nov 2004, 14:39   #24
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If there are any secret societies, we don't know about them.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 16:38   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
He was crowned in York cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 17:37   #26
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Event_Horizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled...?
Is convincing the world that he never existed...

The Last Ride of Stephen Whatley and His Immortals
Event_Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 17:41   #27
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
But the order doesn't exist. I suppose it may exist in the same sense that something utterly unknowable and unprovable may exist but that's not exactly much. The evidence for the order still existing versus the evidence for it no longer existing weighs in pretty conclusively on the no longer existing side.
I would probably agree with this. I read the Da Vinci Code and found it a great read, but it obviously takes lots of liberties in certain areas. I think that if there really is a society that has carreid on what the book suggests the Knights of Templar had/knew, than it is secret and not in the mainstream.

The most interesting fact in the book to me was phi. It is pretty amazing that so many different things in nature use that ratio.

Unread 1 Dec 2004, 17:42   #28
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event_Horizon
Nah, it was when he pulled a tortoise out of a see-through tupawear tub at my cousin's 8th birthday party.
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 17:50   #29
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
Nah, it was when he pulled a tortoise out of a see-through tupawear tub at my cousin's 8th birthday party.
we always has clowns. they were scarey :/

-mist
Unread 1 Dec 2004, 23:21   #30
Ste
Bored

Quote:
The most interesting fact in the book to me was phi. It is pretty amazing that so many different things in nature use that ratio.
I thought the exact same thing.
I immediately went here. Stunned me I have to say. The beauty of maths...

Unread 1 Dec 2004, 23:36   #31
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I thought the exact same thing.
I immediately went here. Stunned me I have to say. The beauty of maths...
I went to the site and browsed around a bit. it makes you wonder if the number just happens to be a coincidence in nature or if it is truly divine. Being a Christian I like to think that it is divine ...

Unread 1 Dec 2004, 23:57   #32
mist
Jolt's best friend

the first page of that site didn't tell me everything i wanted to know about this number.

instant gratification--

Unread 2 Dec 2004, 00:09   #33
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Thumbs down Re: the catholic church

Quote:
Yeah, thanks for that Einstein. I was wondering how that sentence ended.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 00:55   #34
Proteus
Lord Denning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
the first page of that site didn't tell me everything i wanted to know about this number.

instant gratification--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 00:57   #35
Event_Horizon
7H4 B4R73ND3R

Quote:
Yeah, thanks for that Einstein. I was wondering how that sentence ended.
Just here to help.

Unread 2 Dec 2004, 06:03   #36
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It's pretty good as a read. I finished it in twenty four hours which I always do with books I'm really into. I hope you're not taking it all at face value though
I'm reading it while I shit on the crapper, it is a pretty good read, It documents almost every religion quite well with regards to rituals and practices, a few errors, at least in the edition I'm reading, but none the less a good way to read up on religions and cultures without being bored shitless by some 20 years in the making PHD study on Wicca/Paganism/Symbology in religion etc.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 06:09   #37
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I thought it was an amazing book! I'm noticing symbolism everywhere now...

In reference to the second coming - if it did happen - noone would believe him. He'd be straight in a mental institute.
You know, I don't mean to alarm you, but if God visited Earth I think it slightly unlikely that he would be placed in a mental institute.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 06:47   #38
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
You know, I don't mean to alarm you, but if God visited Earth I think it slightly unlikely that he would be placed in a mental institute.
Considering he was crucified the last time, a mental institute would be an improvement!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 10:11   #39
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

To be honest if the last time you came to earth and said "lets all be nice to each other" you got nailed to a tree for your troubles, then would you be in a rush to come back?
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 11:15   #40
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
If some kid went around proclaiming he was God then he would probably get ignored. Even Priests would probably not believe him.
If he carried on, and annoyed people, he would get put in a mental institute or something.
What could he do that would make us believe him?
We're not as easily impressed as people were 2000 years ago.

Unread 2 Dec 2004, 11:29   #41
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

slightly related, did anyone see that thing llast year about the second coming? had that guy from our friends in the north as the second coming?

that was really good that was
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 13:03   #42
Boogster
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
If some kid went around proclaiming he was God then he would probably get ignored. Even Priests would probably not believe him.
If he carried on, and annoyed people, he would get put in a mental institute or something.
Look, 'God' as an idea may well be incomprehensible, or even fictional in your mind, but if 'God' really did come to Earth (in divine form, Tactitius) then he would not need to be believed - it would be painfully obvious to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary.com
1.God
a)A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
b)The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.

2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
If 'God', therefore, according to its definition, is an omniscient, omnipotent being, the fact that you have argued that he could 'annoy people', and be forcibly placed in a mental institute has convinced me that you are either:

1. Forgetting that even hypotheses must not be mind mind-warpingly obtuse.

2. Or some kind of post-modern radical thinker that defines a generation/genre.

Last edited by Boogster; 2 Dec 2004 at 13:09.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 13:08   #43
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think most people were thinking if there was a second coming of Jesus it'd be more like the first time, i.e. in human form.

Obviously if some dude came who could do fireballs from his hand and shit that'd be different.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 13:11   #44
Boogster
I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I think most people were thinking if there was a second coming of Jesus it'd be more like the first time, i.e. in human form.

Obviously if some dude came who could do fireballs from his hand and shit that'd be different.
Well, of course, you do realise that if Jesus had wanted to, he could have do fireballs etc... - but that is beside the point.
The second coming, theologically speaking, refers to Jesus' return in divine form.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 13:17   #45
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well I'm pretty sure that most people are aware that you couldn't actually place God (appearing as, erm, God) in an asylum which makes your post somewhat redundant.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 14:08   #46
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
There is this bloke in brazil that constantly says hes crist itself. He plocaims to be the reicarnation of the son of god, and he has like a dozen virgins which go with him wherever he goes ( usually low budget telly programs).

Most people just point and laugh....
There is this other lad, "chiquinho diabo" something like joe devil, that says he is devil himself. They usually put both on the same show for comedy effect.
heres a pic of him
http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/noiamen/inri.htm
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 14:43   #47
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
morning glory?
Heretic!
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 15:23   #48
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

Who do you think you are?
Do you damn well think you're god or something?
God giveth life, god taketh it away, not you.
I think you are the devil itself.
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 15:52   #49
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

i make some crap thread and people actually talk in it. if i make a thead about a topic i care about i get 5 replies if im lucky.
the world is bad
Unread 2 Dec 2004, 16:50   #50
roadrunner_0
cynic

i tend to find the same thing wu_trax, its just not fair is it?