User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Nov 2004, 20:19   #1
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Educashun Newz.

Down wiv da kidz.

I got a placement in a school for three days. \0/

Apparently I don't require a criminal record check, or indeed, any proof of my identity as a student (Paging Dace.) to get into this place. Which strikes me as bizzare, and frankly dangerous, but I'm not complaining.

After that, I'll be sending my GTTR application off with all speed.

This school is, sadly, a Middle School (9 - 13, I'm told.). So no real teens, with all their attendant emotional difficulties which we can take advantage of. But it is semi-rural, and people in such places are often rather well-to-do, and easily swayed by things which we city dwellers hold as mundane. So there's hope yet.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 20:28   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Educashun Newz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Down wiv da kidz.

I got a placement in a school for three days. \0/

Apparently I don't require a criminal record check, or indeed, any proof of my identity as a student (Paging Dace.) to get into this place. Which strikes me as bizzare, and frankly dangerous, but I'm not complaining.

After that, I'll be sending my GTTR application off with all speed.

This school is, sadly, a Middle School (9 - 13, I'm told.). So no real teens, with all their attendant emotional difficulties which we can take advantage of. But it is semi-rural, and people in such places are often rather well-to-do, and easily swayed by things which we city dwellers hold as mundane. So there's hope yet.
You can either

a: do a Hugh Grant and get the numbers of some single mums
b: do the REAL Hugh Grant and get the numbers of some single dads
c: Identify the "rebellious teenagers" and give them Dace's phone number for "Somewhere to Hang Out if you decide to run away"
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 22:36   #3
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Educashun Newz

It's quite good observing lessons
Which universities have you applied for for the PGCE?

Make sure you observe properly, and take in "teaching styles" that you'd otherwise take for granted. It'll come in very handy for putting you ahead of other candidates at interviews. I visited 2 schools before mine and I'm sure it gave me the edge in the interview.

Good luck
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 22:40   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Educashun Newz

Haven't sent it off yet. I'm applying immediately after I've been to the school; before the end of the month, effectively. So then I can bung it on my personal statement.

I would have done it much earlier, but it's taken me all this time to find a school to go to. Hey ho. Doubt it'll effect anything, though. All the places listed on GTTR still have vacancies, presuming the info on there is accurate, which it should be, as it's apparently updated daily. As long as it's in before Chrimbo I doubt I'll have much trouble.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 12 Nov 2004 at 22:46.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 03:37   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What is the pay for a qualified teacher?

I was speaking to a guy at my work today who is a teacher and it sounded interesting, but I am unsure of salary levels.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 05:46   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

I was speaking to a guy at my work today who is a teacher and it sounded interesting, but I am unsure of salary levels.

Not sure about the pay but i hear that there are plenty of "perks".
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 09:29   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Not sure about the pay but i hear that there are plenty of "perks".
Especially if you work at a 6th form.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:12   #8
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

Somewhere between 20 and 30k i think, depending on how long you have been there, what level you teach at etc. Heads of departments and other such senior positions will obviously get a bit more. You get all the long holidays, so the pay isnt too bad if you look at it that way. You're student loan gets payed for (or just plain dropped), so you save yourself 10k or so by becoming a teacher.

Thats up north btw, so salaries will be higher down south i would imagine.
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 12:17   #9
Burbank
Banned

Burbank is an unknown quantity at this point

you sick perverts, im telling the british government
Burbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 13:05   #10
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbank
you sick perverts, im telling the british government
Go do that shai
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 13:16   #11
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Standard starting salary for a teacher is 20k.

You get paid more depending on:
-Where you're based. Inner city london gets paid the most, whereas out in the rural areas you're likely to be paid less (because it's an easier job)
-How long you've been a teacher. It works on a point system. I think you get 2 points for every year you're a teacher.
-What position you're in. Head teacher obviously gets paid the most, with a hierarchy of pay -> authority.

The highest possible wage is to work as a headteacher in inner-city London. It's around the 100k mark.

I did have a graph showing how it works, but I think it was in a folder, not online - otherwise I'd link you to it. Edit: Found a link here if you are genuinely interested in how it works.

Last edited by Tomkat; 13 Nov 2004 at 13:23.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 13:21   #12
Burbank
Banned

Burbank is an unknown quantity at this point

oh my god you know who i am
Burbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 13:22   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thanks Tomkat.

I am tempted, but I already earn more than £20k for doing sod all.

Obviously I'd work in London, but almost every kid here is fundamentally shit (and unattractive). Some parts of outer London would be OK though I guess.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 13:24   #14
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough

I've been working with a 6th form group for some time now. There certainly are perks
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2004, 13:26   #15
Tomkat

I've editted my post - there's a link on it to show how it works now.
Hooray for me - I never usually bother researching for links.
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:03   #16
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Marilyn as a teacher.
I feel unwell
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 03:16   #17
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I got to be a wine waiter for Cherie blair without any checks either, there was one moment where any islamist loving nutjob would of been able to of stuck something in her.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 04:30   #18
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
there was one moment where any islamist loving nutjob would of been able to of stuck something in her.
Jumping in with a sexual inuendo before MM manages it.