User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 18:34   #201
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all
Re: travler

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
What if two people who truly believe pray for the same thing? Surely not both can have what they want?

Is this guy not someones gimmick account?
What the two people pray for would have to be in alignment with God's Word which is the Bible. You could not pray for someone to die and expect God to answer that prayer. Two people praying for another to be healed would be more likely to be answered.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 18:37   #202
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
What the two people pray for would have to be in alignment with God's Word which is the Bible. You could not pray for someone to die and expect God to answer that prayer. Two people praying for another to be healed would be more likely to be answered.
Do you geuinley believe that if all of the people in the West prayed for all the starving people in Africa to have food then it would magically appear?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 18:40   #203
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Since "bar" is Aramaic and "ben" is Hebrew, and Jesus most likely spoke Aramaic, no.
I would have to disagree.

Joshua bar-Joseph would be fine for the common man but other jews would use Yeshua Ben Yosef.

Unread 17 Apr 2006, 18:47   #204
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I would have to disagree.

Joshua bar-Joseph would be fine for the common man but other jews would use Yeshua Ben Yosef.
you don't seem to understand what proteus has said.

I'm bowled over with surprise ...
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 21:47   #205
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
There was a thread I saw on D&D in SA which had a report about the power of prayer for heart patients.

I can't remember all the details, but the gist was that if you were prayed for you were more likely to die.

Funny old world eh?
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 22:00   #206
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't believe anyone is responding to someone who has expressed the belief that, at least some, africans are dying because they prayed to the wrong god.

Especially considering that earlier he professed that he had nothing against anyone who believed in a higher power.
Unread 17 Apr 2006, 22:38   #207
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
If you make one more post like this I'm banning you. I am not joking. And I will not remove it. Ever.
I can fully relate to that, but one thing is for sure - this thread delivers. Once in a while it is very useful to get a reality update and read what fanatics of different flavors think. Suddenly all other people seem to be much more normal
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 04:43   #208
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
I can't believe anyone is responding to someone who has expressed the belief that, at least some, africans are dying because they prayed to the wrong god.

Especially considering that earlier he professed that he had nothing against anyone who believed in a higher power.
I personally don't have anything agaist those who believe differently. I just know that God is not going to help when he is not wanted.

In the USA we have 911 service. You need the police, an ambulance, or a firefighter you call and they show up. So what happens when nobody calls? Nothing good.

It's no different with God even though he knows what is going on. God still waits for us to call on him.

Unread 18 Apr 2006, 04:46   #209
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I personally don't have anything agaist those who believe differently. I just know that God is not going to help when he is not wanted.

In the USA we have 911 service. You need the police, an ambulance, or a firefighter you call and they show up. So what happens when nobody calls? Nothing good.

It's no different with God even though he knows what is going on. God still waits for us to call on him.
so your god is a utility?
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 04:52   #210
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
so your god is a utility?
no a utility would be like the power/electric company, or the water/sewage company etc.

God is more like 911 which is a service when you need help. God is both the servant and the served.

It's really easy to explain things to someone that is foolish enough to believe in his own divinity.

Unread 18 Apr 2006, 05:01   #211
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
no a utility would be like the power/electric company, or the water/sewage company etc.

God is more like 911 which is a service when you need help. God is both the servant and the served.
how is 911 not a utility
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 05:15   #212
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
how is 911 not a utility
utilities are privately owned.

911 is goverment controlled and is called 911 service.

Unread 18 Apr 2006, 05:20   #213
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
utilities are privately owned.

911 is goverment controlled and is called 911 service.
oh.

that is all that i can say.
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 06:11   #214
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Right.

So the folks who are praying for those sick, and seemingly not receiving any gratification for their efforts are doing something wrong?
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 06:30   #215
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidly
Right.

So the folks who are praying for those sick, and seemingly not receiving any gratification for their efforts are doing something wrong?
not quite. The healing is done. Just may be the wrong time and/or be at the wrong place to receive the healing. God will usually deliver a message with instructions. If those are not followed then the blessing is missed but the blessing was still there.

None are so blind as those who will not see.

Unread 18 Apr 2006, 06:44   #216
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
not quite. The healing is done. Just may be the wrong time and/or be at the wrong place to receive the healing. God will usually deliver a message with instructions. If those are not followed then the blessing is missed but the blessing was still there.

None are so blind as those who will not see.
Err... so in 20 years of suffering from cancer for example, someone missed the 'message'? and the 'healing'?

Are. You. KIDDING ME?!

Edit: Or, if the healing is done in another place...... did god just finish healing a small patch of soil and say "sucks to be you, why weren't you lying here etc?"
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 06:47   #217
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Maybe god will strike lightening to a tree, which will then be used for your casket :|
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 16:56   #218
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice

Travler is your god responsible for wet-tshirt contests? If so, I think I may dig him.
Unread 18 Apr 2006, 17:33   #219
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
There was a thread I saw on D&D in SA which had a report about the power of prayer for heart patients.

I can't remember all the details, but the gist was that if you were prayed for you were more likely to die.

Funny old world eh?
found this on explosm:
http://www.latimes.com/news/science/...home-headlines

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 00:18   #220
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-
Travler is your god responsible for wet-tshirt contests? If so, I think I may dig him.
According to the Bible he made Eve. He made the water and the materials such as cotton to make a t-shirt so he must have known that eventually there would be wet-tshirt contests. Does he approve. Well I cannot answer that but he did make it possible.

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 00:23   #221
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
According to the Bible he made Eve. He made the water and the materials such as cotton to make a t-shirt so he must have known that eventually there would be wet-tshirt contests. Does he approve. Well I cannot answer that but he did make it possible.
he made homosexuality possible as well didn't he.

and he made it rather fun. bless the old faggot
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 00:26   #222
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
From that article I like the final paragraphs:

But Koenig said clinical trials would never answer that question. "Science is powerful and wonderful in determining the orbit of the Earth, the speed of a bullet, the power of a new drug. But now we've asked science to study something that occurs outside of space and time.

"This shows you shouldn't try to prove the power of the supernatural," he said.

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:05   #223
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
From that article I like the final paragraphs:

But Koenig said clinical trials would never answer that question. "Science is powerful and wonderful in determining the orbit of the Earth, the speed of a bullet, the power of a new drug. But now we've asked science to study something that occurs outside of space and time.

"This shows you shouldn't try to prove the power of the supernatural," he said.
According to you, it's not occuring outside of space and time. You have said prayer has tangible results here on Earth, therefore inside sace and time, therefore you should be able to measure any results quite easily.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:10   #224
Yahwe
I am.

There are two types of modern christian.

The first type uses highly educated scholars and the established doctrines of their respective churches to re-interpret biblical lessons responding to theological problems which come from our greater understanding of the world..

The second type (called evangelicals) believe that the better theological response is to put your fingers in your ears, stick out your tongue and loudly recite "it's all true it's all true! even the bits which contradict the other bits! you're all going to hell!"

We need to understand this distinction when talking to travler.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:10   #225
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
According to you, it's not occuring outside of space and time. You have said prayer has tangible results here on Earth, therefore inside sace and time, therefore you should be able to measure any results quite easily.
some prayers have tangible results. Others are not easily seen as in the case of healing. The problem is that people expect the same thing to work the same way everytime but its not about rituals or methods, it's about personal faith and a relationship with God.

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:14   #226
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
There are two types of modern christian.

The first type uses highly educated scholars and the established doctrines of their respective churches to re-interpret biblical lessons responding to theological problems which come from our greater understanding of the world..

The second type (called evangelicals) believe that the better theological response is to put your fingers in your ears, stick out your tongue and loudly recite "it's all true it's all true! even the bits which contradict the other bits! you're all going to hell!"

We need to understand this distinction when talking to travler.
Preach on Brother Preach on. You will make a great minister and evangelist one day. God believes in you.

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:15   #227
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
some prayers have tangible results. Others are not easily seen as in the case of healing. The problem is that people expect the same thing to work the same way everytime but its not about rituals or methods, it's about personal faith and a relationship with God.
god prefers some mortals to other mortals?

are you africa-bashing again?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:25   #228
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
god prefers some mortals to other mortals?

are you africa-bashing again?
It would seem obvious that some find the favor of God. But Job was preferred and God allowed the devil to torment him repeatedly. All that believe are preferred and those that do not believe are not noticed.

No bashing of any type. I would not try to steal that Glory away from you Yahwe.

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:30   #229
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
It would seem obvious that some find the favor of God. But Job was preferred and God allowed the devil to torment him repeatedly. All that believe are preferred and those that do not believe are not noticed.
you are essentially a jew with the awfulness of the book of revelations and without the wisdom of the yeshiva or rabbinical teaching.

the rest of josua bar-joseph's teachings just seem to have passed you by.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:36   #230
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
you are essentially a jew with the awfulness of the book of revelations and without the wisdom of the yeshiva or rabbinical teaching.

the rest of josua bar-joseph's teachings just seem to have passed you by.
My wife has asked that I type the following:

Dear wankers, being a Londoner myself, I am grossly ashamed of my fellow brits behaviour. If my husband offends your delicate sensibilities, then why chuck a wobbly if you feel he is in error?

Relax and I will remind my husband that grown adults do not negotiate with terrorists or children. Goodnight, God bless, and cheers.

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:40   #231
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold

Where are the satanist posts?

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 01:57   #232
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
My wife has asked that I type the following:

Dear wankers, being a Londoner myself, I am grossly ashamed of my fellow brits behaviour. If my husband offends your delicate sensibilities, then why chuck a wobbly if you feel he is in error?

Relax and I will remind my husband that grown adults do not negotiate with terrorists or children. Goodnight, God bless, and cheers.
'chuck a wobbly'? when did she leave 1842?

however

Dear Madam

This is a community of curious people. We base our ideas on logic and we enjoy learning new ideas as well as being exposed to cotrardictory viewpoints.

However your husband is extolling radical and extreme religious views. He has so far ignored all counter arguments set before him. He has furthermore said some things (without ever backing them up) which people have (unsurprisingly) found offensive. I do not intend to repeat those awful things because I would not wish to distress a lady.

There is no need to tell anyone here to 'relax'. the members of this community can make sloths appear energetic.

I fear you are the victim of subjective information. If you would prefer to gain a more rounded picture then please enter the debate yourself.

Kind regards,

Yahwe, MA (oxon), of Gray's Inn, Barrister

Last edited by Yahwe; 19 Apr 2006 at 02:06.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 02:09   #233
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
the members of this community can make sloths appear energetic.
We shall remember them.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 06:22   #234
coffee-
Beoyotch

[green blob] travler 18 Apr 2006 19:15 He made the tree that made the cross that Jesus died on for our sins - travler.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 10:30   #235
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm sure he's a gimmick. No-one can realistically be that pity worthy.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 10:42   #236
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
some prayers have tangible results.
You mean the ones that, statistically, would have had that many "positive" results irrespective of the prayers?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 11:20   #237
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You mean the ones that, statistically, would have had that many "positive" results irrespective of the prayers?
Some years ago i did a bit of research about self-healing and placebo effects.

The most impressive i did read was about a person who had severe cancer in an advanced state and no medical treatment did work anymore. Then one day he showed up with medical magazine talking about a new super-drug against cancer, his doctor read about it and thought it was a "hoax" to make easy money from desperate people but to not disappoint a patient who had no other hope left, he said it sounded promising. The patient took the "medication" which was severly hyped in the media and the cancer inside his body stagnated and then started to shrink. The doctor was amazed and documented the whole process - over time the cancer nearly completely disappeared.

Then the inevitable happened and studies revealed that the new drug was basically medically useless. The patient did read about it, the cancer fully came back and he died within weeks.

Self-healing seems to be widely existent and can occasionally be very powerful. Now imagine what happened if this person didnt believe in a new drug but believed in some type of religion - tons of people would take it as evidence of a miracle because they simply want to.

I guess it takes a stronger psyche to life without "knowing" a superior beeing is watching over you. Just talk with people about death and hear how irrationall many people are about it deep inside of them. The thought that their life may just end and thats it - there is no big party at the end and nobody rates your living and offers a bonus life - seems to be very difficult to many. I guess that just shows how self-centered many people are - they cant imagine the "universe" ISNT caring about them

Last edited by Ramihyn; 19 Apr 2006 at 11:31.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 11:56   #238
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn
Source, especially given that one rather curious example, assuming true, doesn't really weigh into the double blind trials described earlier?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 12:30   #239
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

r u hot?
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 14:48   #240
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
r u hot?
P.H.A.T.

Unread 19 Apr 2006, 15:02   #241
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
P.H.A.T.
No thanks then, I don't do fatties.
Unread 19 Apr 2006, 15:16   #242
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JonnyBGood again.
Unread 9 Jul 2006, 23:43   #243
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramihyn

The most impressive i did read was about a person who had severe cancer in an advanced state and no medical treatment did work anymore. Then one day he showed up with medical magazine talking about a new super-drug against cancer, his doctor read about it and thought it was a "hoax" to make easy money from desperate people but to not disappoint a patient who had no other hope left, he said it sounded promising. The patient took the "medication" which was severly hyped in the media and the cancer inside his body stagnated and then started to shrink. The doctor was amazed and documented the whole process - over time the cancer nearly completely disappeared.

Then the inevitable happened and studies revealed that the new drug was basically medically useless. The patient did read about it, the cancer fully came back and he died within weeks.

Self-healing seems to be widely existent and can occasionally be very powerful. Now imagine what happened if this person didnt believe in a new drug but believed in some type of religion - tons of people would take it as evidence of a miracle because they simply want to.

I guess it takes a stronger psyche to life without "knowing" a superior beeing is watching over you. Just talk with people about death and hear how irrationall many people are about it deep inside of them. The thought that their life may just end and thats it - there is no big party at the end and nobody rates your living and offers a bonus life - seems to be very difficult to many. I guess that just shows how self-centered many people are - they cant imagine the "universe" ISNT caring about them
I would be more than happy to stop existing the day I die. Unfortunately I know there is an afterlife and since we must either choose heaven and Jesus and servitude to him and be blessed for it or we must not choose and suffer in the lake of fire. We can of course choose hell but there are just a limited few Devil Worshippers that truely hope to burn in Hell.

My Choice would be to just rot and push up daisies but alas I am not the creator and cannot create a reality to suit me personally.

Unread 9 Jul 2006, 23:46   #244
Yahwe
I am.

Clause 5 : Spamming

Spamming is a difficult topic to define and as such i will not attempt to tie this subject down to specific catagories. Spam is quite simply the posting of irrelevancies. It is the posting of topics which have no discussion potential or the posting of individual replies which do not add to a current discussion but only seek to increase a post count and/or undermine a thread of a serious discussion. The bumping of old threads, which serves no useful purpose, is not acceptable and all "bumping" is done
under moderator discretion.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 00:15   #245
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Clause 5 : Spamming

Spamming is a difficult topic to define and as such i will not attempt to tie this subject down to specific catagories. Spam is quite simply the posting of irrelevancies. It is the posting of topics which have no discussion potential or the posting of individual replies which do not add to a current discussion but only seek to increase a post count and/or undermine a thread of a serious discussion. The bumping of old threads, which serves no useful purpose, is not acceptable and all "bumping" is done
under moderator discretion.
Not trying to "Bump" a thread. Just was looking for a post and ran across something that needed to be answered. Of course you are always looking to be as hostile as possible.

Unread 10 Jul 2006, 00:32   #246
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Surely if God wanted to prove he was right, he could come down from the heavens to convince us?
Jesus already came to earth. You chose to ignore the sacrifice he made for you.
Quote:
Jesus could arrive on earth and show us those scars, those wounds from the cross. Why is God such a bastard that he permits Doubting Thomas, who, let us not forget, was around, supposedly, at the time of Jesus' miracles, a free ticket into heaven, but not the rest of us?
It's called free will and it is available to all who choose to believe and ask Jesus to come into their hearts.
Quote:
Let me see the marks of the nails, let me touch them and put my hand in the wound at his side.
If you have to wait until this time to get the "Proof" you need it will be too late.

One day all the Christians and true believers will disappear. A so-called savior will arrive and everyone will think that he is the truth. This man will be the anti-christ. He will try to brand everyone with his mark and those that are branded will be doomed to hell. Jesus will return and vanquish the enemy for once and all. Those that are called, choosen, and faithfull will be rewarded in heaven. God will not have mercy on the rest.

Don't be on the wrong side when this happens. It will be horrible and I would not wish it on any of you. I pray that you learn the truth of the Love of Lord before it is too late. God gave his only son so that we would be saved. Nothing but Jesus can provide that salvation. Please know that God loves you and wants to see you home.

Unread 10 Jul 2006, 00:38   #247
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

If "God" really does love us, why would he not have mercy for us? Why would there a "Hell" in the first place?
We shall remember them.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 01:25   #248
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
If "God" really does love us, why would he not have mercy for us? Why would there a "Hell" in the first place?
To give you a choice.

Unread 10 Jul 2006, 01:30   #249
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
To give you a choice.
That's not really a choice is it. It is like holding a gun up to someone's head and saying you can love me and I'll give you $1k or you can chose not to love me and I'll blow your brains out. Heaven or hell, some choice. <sarcasm> I pick eternity of pain and suffering over heaven any day!</sarcasm>.
Unread 10 Jul 2006, 01:31   #250
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future

Can God make a stone so big even he can’t lift it?

Can God slam a revolving door?

Will that poor sod of a Native American who live in the jungle and has never heard of God burn in hell for eternity? What about young children dieing?

Does God enjoy himself watching little kiddies getting raped while knowing he can do something about it and yet chose inaction?

And God see his friends walk in front of busses every day and he don’t lift a finger.