User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Mar 2005, 11:41   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Mouthwash: Listerine vs Dentyl

Which mouthwash is the best: Listerine or Dentyl?

Now, if you have a really furry foul mouth then you cant beat Listerines 'strip the skin off your teeth' kinda approach to oral hygeine. But, on the other hand, Dentyl does make your mouth feel nice and fresh, plus when you burp a few hours later you get a lovely Dentyl type aftershot errupting from your stomach.

I feel that both of these products have uses in different situations. For example, every day for work I would suggest Dentyl. It does last the duration even after a coffee or two. But those with weak stomachs might be put off by the luminous bits of green oral gunk that is spewed out with each mouthful. Sure, it shows its working but its a real bitch to keep finding it all over the basin and walls days afterwards.

Where as Listerine has an altogether different use. This stuff works by burning your mouth clean, there is no denying that. If you have a sore mouth it is antiseptic and will sooth your pain. It achieve this by burning your entire mouth and destroying all sore flesh in the process. But I dont find its freshness lasts too long, its effects are overpowering to begin but wear off easily.

So I personally couldnt decide which is the best. I use both for different occasions.

How about you?

Note: those who use cheap supermarket 'plax' and the like need not contribute to this thread. You may as well gargle water.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 11:44   #2
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Mouthwash: Listerine vs Dentyl

dentyl as it has no alcohol in, you do know that listerine type alcohol based mouthwashes actually rot your teeth right?
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 11:46   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
plus when you burp a few hours later you get a lovely Dentyl type aftershot errupting from your stomach.
I thought you were meant to spit the stuff out after you're done...
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 11:47   #4
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity

Thats right..and I do, but it still does it! Its weird but very nice.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 11:49   #5
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

I use Listerine. The green one (is there any different colours?). Listerine is just battery acid in a bottle, its great. It manages to keep my mouth feeling fresh for quite a long time.
Madina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 11:50   #6
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You spit most of it out, but not all of it. There`s always a small residual amount that stays in the mouth and trickles down the throat I guess.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 11:52   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
You spit most of it out, but not all of it. There`s always a small residual amount that stays in the mouth and trickles down the throat I guess.
Doesn't that pose any problems with listerine when you have to drive your car after? As RR pointed out there's alcohol in it, and judging by the "burning sensation" of listerine I guess there LOTS of it in it.
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 12:03   #8
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Doesn't that pose any problems with listerine when you have to drive your car after? As RR pointed out there's alcohol in it, and judging by the "burning sensation" of listerine I guess there LOTS of it in it.
You`re quite right. There was a drink driving case a few years ago which I read about in the news papers. The guy was wearing dentures, and he washed his mouth out with mouth wash containing alcohol. Whilst driving he was stopped by the police and breatherlised. He was over the limit, but sucessfully defended himself in court by arguing that the mouth wash trapped under his dentures had caused the positive breath test result.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 12:47   #9
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I used to use the Listerine mouthwash but never really liked it. I use the Colgate one now,
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 13:40   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I use Dentyl.

A couple of years ago, we were out drinking and the barman was being a bit of a twat and was bored so asked if I wanted some free Listerine (I'd been for a curry, maybe that had something to do with it). I forgot/was drunk so did not realise when I gave a positive answer that I was getting mouthwash. Upon realising this, I ordered a shot of Blue WKD Shot (40?). Gave the mouthwash to my mate, I had the normal shot, explained that they were the WKD shots and we downed them.

"**** me that's horrible, it tastes like mouth wash".

I smiled.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 13:53   #11
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

mouthwash doesn't help, said my dentist.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 14:05   #12
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
mouthwash doesn't help, said my dentist.
yep its got less fluoride in it than toothpaste...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I use Dentyl.

A couple of years ago, we were out drinking and the barman was being a bit of a twat and was bored so asked if I wanted some free Listerine (I'd been for a curry, maybe that had something to do with it). I forgot/was drunk so did not realise when I gave a positive answer that I was getting mouthwash. Upon realising this, I ordered a shot of Blue WKD Shot (40?). Gave the mouthwash to my mate, I had the normal shot, explained that they were the WKD shots and we downed them.

"**** me that's horrible, it tastes like mouth wash".

I smiled.
thats not good, the fluoride in them will kill you.. okay probably not one shot but one small tube of toothpaste will kill you.
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 19:42   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
thats not good, the fluoride in them will kill you.. okay probably not one shot but one small tube of toothpaste will kill you.
It won't kill me, I didn't drink it.
And he's still alive 2 years later.

As for mouthwash not helping, it depends what you use it before. I use after a curry/something oniony or garlicy to give my fresher breath and it works for that.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote