User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Dec 2005, 20:28   #1
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Job

Most people probably won't care but at the moment I'm so happy I'm telling everyone.

Today I had my final stage assessment with Deloitte for a graduate job as auditor in Cardiff. I actually thought I had blown it as there were a few mistakes I knew I had made and bits of the partner interview that could have gone better.

Just a few hours later though, despite telling me it would take a few days, I had an email offering me a position for next year \o/

So a despite a few rejections elsewhere I have now ended up with my 2nd choice job(couldn't apply to the first for a few reasons) and am just hyper and glad that I no longer need to worry about any more job applications.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 20:33   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Job

Congratulations my man. What will your wonderful new job involve then?
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 20:34   #3
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

congrats! well done.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 21:19   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

congrats dude your an inspiration im going to apply for some jobs (I had an interview a week ago, they said they would contact me in 3 working days, they havent is that bad? :/)
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 21:43   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

everyone on gd has a better job than me

ps yes pig that means they don't care about you.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 21:56   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

congrats!
and NB3, I don't have a job when I leave uni either. the only place I applied to was IBM, and I didn't make it there.
Unread 5 Dec 2005, 22:02   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
congrats!
and NB3, I don't have a job when I leave uni either. the only place I applied to was IBM, and I didn't make it there.
Well, don't worry about that, i'm pretty good at knocking up the old CV (except mine has shite experience(s) with jobs on it), and i know plenty of sites that'll generate job seeking type attention.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 00:07   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can't believe I wasn't thanked in the initial post

PS I was told just as I got home so
PPS Thanks for the bonus
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 00:17   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
He says he is going to work for Deloitte.

So I would be guessing off some sort of the usual crime these companies are involved in
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 00:42   #10
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Congrats dude.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 01:18   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Today I had my final stage assessment with Deloitte for a graduate job as auditor in Cardiff ... a few hours later though, despite telling me it would take a few days, I had an email offering me a position for next year \o/

ENJOY KILLING BABIES WHACKO!!!
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 01:38   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Congratulations midge. \o/

Although of course you're now officially an enemy of the working class, but never mind.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 02:11   #13
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

cardiff is a pretty good city as well, my sister moved there about 3 years ago for a job after leaving uni and she loves it.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 03:58   #14
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Although of course you're now officially an enemy of the working class, but never mind.
Yeah, sad thing isnt it. I had to put him on the hit list, party orders
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 10:56   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

congrats, and ignore the proles
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 10:58   #16
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

congrats

We need to meet up for a game of pool. I've lost all my numbers, so text me!
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 15:32   #17
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
cardiff is a pretty good city as well, my sister moved there about 3 years ago for a job after leaving uni and she loves it.
if i recall cardiff is one of the cheapest places in the country for a night out (from some bbc news survey a while back)
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 20:50   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
We're ready.
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 21:01   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
We're ready.
Auditors of the world unite?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 21:40   #20
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
First three years will be training for my ACA qualification. The actual work in the first year will be doing basic things when going out on audits like checking the goods book is accurate then slowly building up my responsibility until the third year where you are nearly running the audit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
(I had an interview a week ago, they said they would contact me in 3 working days, they havent is that bad? :/)
At least you aren't so bad that they have rejected you straight away. Probably just keeping you in the pile waiting to get through some other interviews. Who you applying for?

Quote:
PPS Thanks for the bonus
Best paid hour you will ever work

Quote:

The working mens clubs seemed to like me saving them money. I suppose that will change when I learn how to smile as I kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
We're ready.
Unite comrade!

Last edited by midge5; 6 Dec 2005 at 22:09.
midge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2005, 23:30   #21
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Auditors of the world unite?
There's so much regulation and red tape, you won't even get near us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
First three years will be training for my ACA qualification. The actual work in the first year will be doing basic things when going out on audits like checking the goods book is accurate then slowly building up my responsibility until the third year where you are nearly running the audit.
Ahh the expectations gap
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 00:48   #22
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

I did some research a few weeks ago about cases where useless accountancy firms were being sued by companies they did absolutely appalling audits on.

About 90% of them involved Deloitte.

Hope you do a better job than your predecessors.

P.S. My parents have always said that auditing is the most boring and soul-destroying job on the face of the Earth. Not that I'm being negative or anything. Oh no.

P.P.S. Seriously, though, well done.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 01:14   #23
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Law isnt much better though Proteus.

Britania Building Society, the graduate scheme..I doubt I will get it though. I might give them a bell tommorrow.
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 01:19   #24
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Law isnt much better though Proteus.
Maybe if you're a corporate solicitor, but otherwise it's in an entirely different league.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 01:27   #25
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Maybe if you're a corporate solicitor, but otherwise it's in an entirely different league.
Well, you got the laywers who does the outmost to get rapists, murderers, child molesters and others in the same league off the hook.

Hurray for them.
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 01:36   #26
midge5
mmm lambs

Quote:
P.S. My parents have always said that auditing is the most boring and soul-destroying job on the face of the Earth. Not that I'm being negative or anything. Oh no.
:
It isn't for everyone but I've spent my last two summers auditing the working mens clubs in south Wales and as sad as it seems I really enjoy doing it.
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 01:40   #27
pig
1up on you

Quote:
I fail to see how law is fun. I think it just gets given that title because people watch way too many films. Members of my immediate family who work in the law sector all find it terribly boring but hence why the pay counters for it. Its by no means easy but its by no means exciting.
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 11:31   #28
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Well, you got the laywers who does the outmost to get rapists, murderers, child molesters and others in the same league off the hook.

Hurray for them.
Hurray for liberal democracy, hurray for the right to representation whether you're a speeding motorist or a kiddy-fiddler, hurray for innocent until proven guilty and hurray for everyone being equal before the law (in theory).
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 11:44   #29
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Congrats duder
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 17:08   #30
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Congratulations.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 20:47   #31
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Hurray for liberal democracy, hurray for the right to representation whether you're a speeding motorist or a kiddy-fiddler, hurray for innocent until proven guilty and hurray for everyone being equal before the law (in theory).
Ta for missing the point. Ta for arguing against something Im not arguing for.

I just "meet" one the most well-known laywers in Norway. He was at the bookshop I visited to buy some christmas gifts. This is becouse he have got a biografy published about himself (where he tells about how he got picked up by men at the age of 12 and liked it).
The last decade or more he have been in the media quite often, telling the public how aweful it is to convict criminals (specially peados ofc). Is it really so bad to be having sex for a child, with an adult? he argues. Ofcouse, after this book got published, I see how he got those thoughts from. Sad fcker.

But untill recently I atleast had some respect for him, as he used to consistant.
But not anymore. In one case where a six year old kid had been bitten to death by dogs (Who was allowed to run free by they're mentall unstable owner, she had about 20 dogs), he was suddenly feeling awefully sorry for the parents. Strange that he never feels any sympathy for other victims, but argues that its the offender whos having the most pain.

Now he is involved in a scandal, where he has been cooperating with some shrinks. These shrinks have been giving out papers to criminals (for cash), saying they are unfit to do time and so on.
Unread 7 Dec 2005, 20:51   #32
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
I did some research a few weeks ago about cases where useless accountancy firms were being sued by companies they did absolutely appalling audits on.

About 90% of them involved Deloitte.
When things go wrong people try to sue.
Can't blame management they don't have any money, so lets blame the auditors, they have a shed load and a large indemnity insurance amount. So we get sued a lot.
And yes Deloitte do seem to be invlolved more than most, maybe it's because I notice them more, but we're always* in the clear. Lets not forget its EY who have a £2bn lawsuit from Equitable Life hanging over their heads.

*Usually. Always in big cases.