User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Aug 2004, 00:36   #1
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Broadband connection sharing and ISPs (UK)

If you use a UK ISP to share your broadband connection using a router can you please tell me which company you use. Thanks.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 00:58   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Broadband connection sharing and ISPs (UK)

ntl
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:04   #3
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I use Virgin, although I have used BT, Tiscali and Wannashite btw, they don't know when you share the connection

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:06   #4
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

bugger should have mentioned, no NTL or Blueyonder, since I'm using BT line
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:07   #5
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

with ntl, is it possible to set up broadband on two PCs (which are next to each other) and just switch the connection between the two depending on which you want to be online with?
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:10   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

no, ntl ties the connection to mac addresses

(although its ridiculously easy to fake those in XP)

so technically yes
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:12   #7
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

well one pc is on XP pro and one is on windows 98. the connection is set up to the windows 98 pc (the one im on now) i would like to give access to my pc i brought back from uni but i dont want to go out and buy anything :cheap: its not vitally important i have access on my pc, just its better than my dads
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:13   #8
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

its do-able.
provided the network card in XP can fake it's mac address, and you can get the mac address of the 98 box to set it to.
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:16   #9
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

are you able to point me to a website to tell me how to do that please?
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 01:17   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

um, Use winroute on the box connected to the ADSL connection and setup the other computer to use the 98 box as a gateway. No need to dick about with faking MAC addresses and that malarkey

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 02:06   #11
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

BY lets you register three anyway (or two or something and yes i know yur using BT but i dont care)
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 03:00   #12
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

we're on central point. their support is shite in the extreme, but they're cheap, have no download cap and we managed 90KB/s on a 512 line earlier for 10+ minutes. no idea why, but they apparently like us they also allow nat, and appear to encourage p2p

iirc, it is technically possible to tell if someone's using nat, as the ports actiivty changes. however, scanning for it is more effort than it's worth. some 56K type companies (lo ntl... bastards) give you dialer software to try and stop you doing it.
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 08:35   #13
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

pipex
Unread 2 Aug 2004, 21:41   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

<N>ildram. Well, once upon a time. New flat's BY or some other homo piece of shit, I'm not sure.
Unread 3 Aug 2004, 13:18   #15
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckeh!!!!
bugger should have mentioned, no NTL or Blueyonder, since I'm using BT line
You don't need to have a phone line to get internet from a cable company, just the wire running outside your house. Which it probably isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
<N>ildram. Well, once upon a time. New flat's BY or some other homo piece of shit, I'm not sure.
BY owns dsl apart from on upload speed which blows donkeys